• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8419 users

[HSC XV] Championship Sunday - Page 37

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 113 Next
This is also DH Atlanta LR during the break
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
July 23 2017 17:18 GMT
#721
ByuN taking lessons from Inno in happy faces
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
July 23 2017 17:18 GMT
#722
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?


Parting
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
July 23 2017 17:18 GMT
#723
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
July 23 2017 17:18 GMT
#724
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

The GSL nobody knows if it counts.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_GSL_Global_Championship
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-23 17:19:21
July 23 2017 17:18 GMT
#725
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG

that's very liberal

GSL is GSL, that ro32 into ro16 into ro8 elimination thing
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16102 Posts
July 23 2017 17:18 GMT
#726
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

He hasn't beaten a good player in an offline match the entire year.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
July 23 2017 17:18 GMT
#727
On July 24 2017 02:18 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG

that's very liberal

We need to know if he has a pin from that GSL.
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
D-light
Profile Joined April 2012
Finland7364 Posts
July 23 2017 17:19 GMT
#728
On July 24 2017 02:18 pvsnp wrote:
ByuN taking lessons from Inno in happy faces

"Huh, I 3-0'd him as expected. Nice"
why even
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
July 23 2017 17:19 GMT
#729
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
July 23 2017 17:19 GMT
#730
On July 24 2017 02:18 Durnuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

The GSL nobody knows if it counts.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_GSL_Global_Championship

That is a "GSL" in the same way GSL vs the World is a "GSL."
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 23 2017 17:19 GMT
#731
On July 24 2017 02:18 Durnuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

The GSL nobody knows if it counts.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_GSL_Global_Championship

roro would have won if he played
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
July 23 2017 17:19 GMT
#732
On July 24 2017 02:18 Durnuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:18 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG

that's very liberal

We need to know if he has a pin from that GSL.

It's under one of his hats.
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
July 23 2017 17:20 GMT
#733
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
July 23 2017 17:20 GMT
#734
On July 24 2017 02:19 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:18 Durnuu wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

The GSL nobody knows if it counts.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_GSL_Global_Championship

roro would have won if he played

RorO was legit good but everyone mocks him because he won his GSL during WoL
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16102 Posts
July 23 2017 17:20 GMT
#735
On July 24 2017 02:18 Durnuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

The GSL nobody knows if it counts.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_GSL_Global_Championship

what's with the GSL cataclysm tournament?
Isn't Zest a 4× GSL champion?
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 23 2017 17:20 GMT
#736
On July 24 2017 02:20 Durnuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:19 Shellshock wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Durnuu wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

The GSL nobody knows if it counts.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_GSL_Global_Championship

roro would have won if he played

RorO was legit good but everyone mocks him because he won his GSL during WoL

Im glad he denied that dirty patchzerg Symbol a title
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 23 2017 17:20 GMT
#737
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

nah Mvp is 3 (MKP, TOP, Squirtle) and Life is 2 (Mvp, PartinG), people are strange
D-light
Profile Joined April 2012
Finland7364 Posts
July 23 2017 17:20 GMT
#738
On July 24 2017 02:20 Durnuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:19 Shellshock wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Durnuu wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

The GSL nobody knows if it counts.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_GSL_Global_Championship

roro would have won if he played

RorO was legit good but everyone mocks him because he won his GSL during WoL

Peak Welmu beat peak RoRo.
why even
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
July 23 2017 17:21 GMT
#739
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 23 2017 17:21 GMT
#740
On July 24 2017 02:20 Durnuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:19 Shellshock wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Durnuu wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

The GSL nobody knows if it counts.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_GSL_Global_Championship

roro would have won if he played

RorO was legit good but everyone mocks him because he won his GSL during WoL

RorO was incredibly good
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 113 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
ProTech176
UpATreeSC 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16083
Calm 3027
Mini 316
Mind 84
910 69
soO 48
Dota 2
Gorgc6185
canceldota66
monkeys_forever57
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4074
Other Games
fl0m1721
FrodaN890
Beastyqt586
olofmeister535
Liquid`Hasu274
Livibee189
C9.Mang0161
IndyStarCraft 138
ZombieGrub69
QueenE65
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 1
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2902
• WagamamaTV396
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur709
• Scarra557
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 2m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.