• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:02
CEST 13:02
KST 20:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10890 users

[WCS] IEM Katowice - Day 4 - Page 54

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 99 Next
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 05 2016 14:38 GMT
#1061
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:21 EatingBomber wrote:
[quote]
The gap is only significant at the beginning. After that, mechanics, followed by strategic cleverness, display a marked decline. The mechanics of Hydra, Polt, and viOlet are very similar to those of the foreigners.

Why are you watching if you think those guys are rubbish ?

Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

Infamous KeSPA team Team Liquid strikes again, attempting to dominate another western offline event. The madness never ends!
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
March 05 2016 14:38 GMT
#1062
POOOOOLT

SNUUUUUTE

I can't choose
Kaizor
Profile Joined May 2015
Singapore910 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1063
Oh i like that 2012 dreamhack sweden reference.

Still remember how Thorzain defeated polt in that finals...

GOGO SNUTE !!!
Hit me up if you need chinese translations. soO fighting !!
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1064
I completely forgot thorzain beat polt. Its so strange that a foreign terran won a premier tournament and its even stranger that he beat a korean terran to do it.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1065
On March 05 2016 23:38 [PkF] Wire wrote:
POOOOOLT

SNUUUUUTE

I can't choose

I'm rooting for good games
.. And snute
Writermaru pls
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1066
"Blue Norwegian Zerg player" Holy shit, it's the Norwegian blue!! :o
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1067
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:21 EatingBomber wrote:
[quote]
The gap is only significant at the beginning. After that, mechanics, followed by strategic cleverness, display a marked decline. The mechanics of Hydra, Polt, and viOlet are very similar to those of the foreigners.

Why are you watching if you think those guys are rubbish ?

Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Global_Finals
Koreigner (Jaedong) beating kespa boys left and right, that's quite shameful for "blabla no mechanical error mistakes" beasts. And there are probably a lot of other instances but this one is enough.
WriterMaru
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1068
On March 05 2016 23:38 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:37 Penev wrote:
I would just like some more occurences where Koreans, Koreigners and foreigners are all in the same tournament.

But now it's time for a unforgettable finals, go Snute!

aren't there cross finals ?

Korea has cross finals between GSL and SSL. No such thing between GSL/SSL and WCS.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1069
On March 05 2016 23:38 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]
Why are you watching if you think those guys are rubbish ?

Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

Infamous KeSPA team Team Liquid strikes again, attempting to dominate another western offline event. The madness never ends!

Experts alarm: we have to cut off Taeja's arms or he will keep clowning professional competition
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1070
On March 05 2016 23:39 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]
Why are you watching if you think those guys are rubbish ?

Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Global_Finals
Koreigner (Jaedong) beating kespa boys left and right, that's quite shameful for "blabla no mechanical error mistakes" beasts. And there are probably a lot of other instances but this one is enough.


I mean as an overall rule.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
March 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#1071
Go Snute!!! Go Polt!!!
Such a great finals! :-)
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 05 2016 14:40 GMT
#1072
On March 05 2016 23:39 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]
Why are you watching if you think those guys are rubbish ?

Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Global_Finals
Koreigner (Jaedong) beating kespa boys left and right, that's quite shameful for "blabla no mechanical error mistakes" beasts. And there are probably a lot of other instances but this one is enough.

to be fair, Jaedong has the best mechanics in all of Starcraft
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
March 05 2016 14:40 GMT
#1073
On March 05 2016 23:39 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:38 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:37 Penev wrote:
I would just like some more occurences where Koreans, Koreigners and foreigners are all in the same tournament.

But now it's time for a unforgettable finals, go Snute!

aren't there cross finals ?

Korea has cross finals between GSL and SSL. No such thing between GSL/SSL and WCS.

oh sad

cross finals with WCS winners / GSL winners / SSL winners, season finals style, would have been great. I truly loved those tournaments (Bomber's run man, such great memories !).
DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 14:41:51
March 05 2016 14:40 GMT
#1074
On March 05 2016 23:29 EatingBomber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:27 Soularion wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:21 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:18 Thax wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:13 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:12 Thax wrote:
[quote]

Years of training and experience just doesn't disappear because you suddenly play on a different server.

It would certainly lead to a marked decline


Yes, but you still have that head start, which as is being demonstrated over and over again, is rather significant.

The gap is only significant at the beginning. After that, mechanics, followed by strategic cleverness, display a marked decline. The mechanics of Hydra, Polt, and viOlet are very similar to those of the foreigners.

Why are you watching if you think those guys are rubbish ?

Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

IEM Cologne.
Hydra's Ro8 at Blizzcon.
Hydra's 2-0 lead against Zest at Zest's victory in IEM WC.
Hydra and Polt are monsters. Sure, other players are fucking gods, but don't lie and say they aren't great because that reduces the 'great players' of this game to.. what, not even a dozen people? Nah.

Yes yes yes, continue to point out anomalies in performance and ignore the nature of these players' games themselves ie. constant supply blocks and other mechanical errors, constantly dropping maps/sets to foreigners, and the other unpleasant facts which expose how weak these Koreans actually are... please. The only time Hydra ever made Code S was... 2014? When was viOlet last relevant?

As far as I can tell, only Polt is good enough to stand against Korean Koreans consistently.


And? FanTaSy also had "constant supply blocks and other mechanical errors", and he was doing pretty well for himself in Korea. Heck, even if you look at Code S this season there aren't that many players who are known for their mechanical prowess. ForGG could keep up with Korean Koreans and also constantly dropped sets to foreigners. Like honestly there's more to starcraft than that. And if you ever watched GSL/SSL it's VERY easy and trivial to find mistakes from the players, not necessarily mechanical errors.
When cats speak, mice listen.
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
March 05 2016 14:40 GMT
#1075
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:21 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:18 Thax wrote:
[quote]

Yes, but you still have that head start, which as is being demonstrated over and over again, is rather significant.

The gap is only significant at the beginning. After that, mechanics, followed by strategic cleverness, display a marked decline. The mechanics of Hydra, Polt, and viOlet are very similar to those of the foreigners.

Why are you watching if you think those guys are rubbish ?

Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


SC2 has been quite volatile, yes, but Koreans usually used to shred through those kinds of tournaments - literally.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
March 05 2016 14:40 GMT
#1076
On March 05 2016 23:40 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:39 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
[quote]
Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Global_Finals
Koreigner (Jaedong) beating kespa boys left and right, that's quite shameful for "blabla no mechanical error mistakes" beasts. And there are probably a lot of other instances but this one is enough.

to be fair, Jaedong has the best mechanics in all of Starcraft


haha what
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 14:41:07
March 05 2016 14:40 GMT
#1077
On March 05 2016 23:40 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:39 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:23 EatingBomber wrote:
[quote]
Where did I say these guys were rubbish?

compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Global_Finals
Koreigner (Jaedong) beating kespa boys left and right, that's quite shameful for "blabla no mechanical error mistakes" beasts. And there are probably a lot of other instances but this one is enough.

to be fair, Jaedong has the best mechanics in all of Starcraft

At least he used to then. Well, he tried.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 05 2016 14:41 GMT
#1078
On March 05 2016 23:40 Heartland wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:40 Ej_ wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:39 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:24 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]
compared to Koreans I guess, but still, we don't need to be reminded every time how 100000 times worse than the Koreans those guys are. Respect their practice and their work.

I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Global_Finals
Koreigner (Jaedong) beating kespa boys left and right, that's quite shameful for "blabla no mechanical error mistakes" beasts. And there are probably a lot of other instances but this one is enough.

to be fair, Jaedong has the best mechanics in all of Starcraft


haha what

you heard me
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
March 05 2016 14:41 GMT
#1079
On March 05 2016 23:41 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 23:40 Heartland wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:40 Ej_ wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:39 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:36 Heartland wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:35 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:34 Creager wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:27 Poopi wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 05 2016 23:25 EatingBomber wrote:
[quote]
I wasn't reminding anyone of the difference; Blizzcon will do that for me. My point is that the Koreans in the WCS Circuit are not very good, and should not be regarded as 'monsters' or 'powerhouses', etc

I think Blizzcon on the contrary will show that the gap between Koreans powerhouses and guys like Polt isn't so huge, as it does every year (I'm fed up to bring up those everytime, but Polt vs Rain, Polt vs Classic, Hydra vs Dream, etc)

People don't realize that kespa boys aren't that good in week-end style tourneys


While I agree that Korean leagues differ substantially from western tournaments in terms of preparation, it's a still pretty inaccurate guess to label all "kespa boys" as incapable of performing well in a weekend-format tournament -> if you like to do some research, look up IEM or Dreamhack tournament history for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying they can't perform well, I'm saying they are pretty mortal as well as anyone else due to the high variance of the RTS genre (or sc2 idk)


Do you not agree that Kespa players have dominated offline western tournaments for years?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_WCS_Global_Finals
Koreigner (Jaedong) beating kespa boys left and right, that's quite shameful for "blabla no mechanical error mistakes" beasts. And there are probably a lot of other instances but this one is enough.

to be fair, Jaedong has the best mechanics in all of Starcraft


haha what

you heard me


you crazy ej
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
March 05 2016 14:41 GMT
#1080
ha ha Polt bringing out the preparation
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs HackErIsTopLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings149
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11115
FanTaSy 1927
Hyuk 830
Horang2 574
BeSt 438
Pusan 241
Stork 207
EffOrt 121
Last 118
Killer 117
[ Show more ]
Zeus 111
Mind 108
sorry 73
Hyun 60
ggaemo 58
PianO 47
Snow 46
Bale 37
ToSsGirL 37
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 23
Aegong 17
zelot 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe288
Counter-Strike
fl0m1555
byalli939
x6flipin245
Other Games
gofns40896
singsing2710
B2W.Neo187
ArmadaUGS82
Mew2King70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 92
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 58m
Replay Cast
11h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.