• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:47
CEST 17:47
KST 00:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10458 users

NSSL: Nijmegen Student StarCraft League - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Weiman
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands91 Posts
February 27 2012 12:24 GMT
#21
I'm not from nijmegen or a student anymore, but I have some nice casting experience (GSS #4, ESL Roccat challenge cup, Grubby Jersey Cup, ESL Country Championship) so feel free to contact me if you need me for anything. I can stream and everything
RoachCoach
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands58 Posts
February 27 2012 12:24 GMT
#22
It's too bad I cant participate, living in Nijmegen but don't study here. =[
It is time! - Yes! - Nestea walks over. Lightballs pop. Women faint, Men faint, things fall from the ceiling. - Stars explode. - Thats right. Black holes are made. - THIS STUPID GODDAMN NERDS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7KD6L23MUQ
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
February 27 2012 13:02 GMT
#23
@RoachCoach - too bad, but make sure to come to the finals, everyone is welcome there!

@Weiman: PM is on the way
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
srsrazrsushi
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands28 Posts
February 27 2012 14:17 GMT
#24
On February 27 2012 21:14 VanCaspel wrote:
You're quite right: Shattered Temple, Antiga Shipyard and Metalopolis still have gold bases in the Blizzard pool.

Hmm, do you think that would be grounds to expell them from the mappool? And should we replace them with other maps, or are five maps enough? I think it might be, and I still think that playing on non-blizzard maps creates lots of extra hassle...

Your thoughts?


Due to the recent MULE change I think the problem is less harsh than it was before. However, I still believe gold bases can turn games around that shouldn't have been turned around. That's why I would choose non gold based maps, there are plenty of them at the moment. Take a look at esl maps, gsl maps, and various other online leagues. However, not all of them are good and I would suggest that you take a careful look before you choose any. Your argument of an 'extra hassle' I don't agree with; what's the hassle in opening a custom game and download the map automatically which usually takes less than 5 seconds? Especially if the maps simply are better, I don't see the problem. But that's your decision : ). Depending on the format you choose (bo3, bo5 etc) you need at least a certain amount of maps, so I can't answer that.
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 14:31:43
February 27 2012 14:31 GMT
#25
I'm from Nijmegen, kinda weird finding a thread like this on Teamliquid lol, so random.

Anyways, I'll probably start a study next year at Radboud so I hope to participate then, I live like a 2 minute's bike drive from campus
I think esports is pretty nice.
sonkaliniz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States178 Posts
February 27 2012 15:03 GMT
#26
What about the people who study in Amsterdam for example?
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 16:45:15
February 27 2012 16:43 GMT
#27
On February 27 2012 23:17 srsrazrsushi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 21:14 VanCaspel wrote:
You're quite right: Shattered Temple, Antiga Shipyard and Metalopolis still have gold bases in the Blizzard pool.

Hmm, do you think that would be grounds to expell them from the mappool? And should we replace them with other maps, or are five maps enough? I think it might be, and I still think that playing on non-blizzard maps creates lots of extra hassle...

Your thoughts?


Due to the recent MULE change I think the problem is less harsh than it was before. However, I still believe gold bases can turn games around that shouldn't have been turned around. That's why I would choose non gold based maps, there are plenty of them at the moment. Take a look at esl maps, gsl maps, and various other online leagues. However, not all of them are good and I would suggest that you take a careful look before you choose any. Your argument of an 'extra hassle' I don't agree with; what's the hassle in opening a custom game and download the map automatically which usually takes less than 5 seconds? Especially if the maps simply are better, I don't see the problem. But that's your decision : ). Depending on the format you choose (bo3, bo5 etc) you need at least a certain amount of maps, so I can't answer that.


You make a compelling argument Perhaps we'll take the Blizzard mappool as a starting point, and switch maps with gold bases for GSL-versions (for example). About the 'hassle' I was expecting: I was simply concerned that people would start playing on the wrong maps, not understanding how the different versions relate to each other. However, I guess that's explained easily enough....

@Meovin- Students from Amsterdam can't participate in this edition, but are more than welcome to come to the finals. More importantly, however, if they feel like having a tournament too they should let me know if they'd be interested in helping with next year's national edition!
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
February 27 2012 17:16 GMT
#28
Having gold patches isn't that big of a problem anymore after patch 4.3
So I would just leave them in!

Administrator
Risljaninasim
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands228 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 17:45:10
February 27 2012 17:43 GMT
#29
Please make it a national tournament, that would be aweseome.
;;
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
February 27 2012 18:02 GMT
#30
On February 28 2012 02:43 Risljaninasim wrote:
Please make it a national tournament, that would be aweseome.


That would indeed be awesome! But unfortunately it's really too late now to do that this year. The academic year pretty much ends at the start of June (after that students aren't usually around the campus much), so the tournament must start at the beginning of April at the latest. That said, it's too late now to start promotion in all other cities if we want to get a decent player pool.

I think it's better to go national next year and start promotion and planning well in advance.
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Argus92
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands93 Posts
February 27 2012 22:08 GMT
#31
I'd say: make it national! Or between different universities, kind of like chess competition between schools
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
February 27 2012 22:32 GMT
#32
@Argus92: Good idea! We could do a separate 'team league' if universities want to compete against each other as teams!

Nice, this is really going to be a sweet thing
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
February 27 2012 22:43 GMT
#33
On February 28 2012 07:32 VanCaspel wrote:
@Argus92: Good idea! We could do a separate 'team league' if universities want to compete against each other as teams!

Nice, this is really going to be a sweet thing


Yeah, seems enough interest to go national
I'll be studying at the TUe next year, so I could do some work over there then!
Administrator
kedarking
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands98 Posts
February 27 2012 23:02 GMT
#34
About the map pool:

How about you take all the blizzard maps (switch the ones with golds to MLG or GSL or w/ever) and then let people veto maps they don't want to play?
"There's nothing more awesome, than being proud of the things you love." The most inspirational man I've ever known, also knon as Day[J]
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 23:16:13
February 27 2012 23:09 GMT
#35
@bblack: nice!

@kedarking: That's something to consider. Ok, lets say we take the Blizzard maps - that's 8. One of them (Tal'darim) will be the starting map, so that's 7 left (which is plenty). We could allow each of the players to veto one or two of the maps.

I can see how that would be beneficial: if for some reason you are very bad at a map in a certain match-up you can avoid it. But what happens if you lose the first map and want to pick your map for the second game, but it has been vetoed! That would suck. Obviously the vetos would have to be declared before the start of the series, but still, couldn´t a veto mess up someones gameplan more than no veto could?

I'm not sure!

Edit - extra argument for allowing vetos: that would benefit players who don't play very often and haven't had the chance to familiarize themselves with all the maps. I'd hate to see players lose simply because they don't know the map. Our tournament isn't just for people who play all the time, so yeah: vetos might be a good idea.

2 vetos? Worst case (if no overlap) that still leaves 4 maps for a BO3, but in the semi-finals and finals (BO5) players will have only 1 veto. Sounds good?
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Stuif
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands6 Posts
February 27 2012 23:16 GMT
#36
Lots of starcrafters at Utrecht University as well. You should really try to make this a national thing.
VanCaspel
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands250 Posts
February 27 2012 23:22 GMT
#37
I'll definitely do it! In the near future I'll start a new topic in order to start preparing for the national edition. It's tempting to go national now, but I still don't think such a big last-minute change is wise. It would be better to go ahead as planned and learn as much as possible, so that the first national edition will be a smooth ride
Dutch StarCraft League - www.DSCL.nl
Zyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands564 Posts
February 27 2012 23:40 GMT
#38
Awesome initiative. I'm studying in Amsterdam right now though TT. If the idea of university teams goes through that would be really nice. Good luck! I'll be following this thread closely .
ret * Leenock * DiMAGA * Grubby * FBH
sonkaliniz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States178 Posts
February 28 2012 11:01 GMT
#39
On February 28 2012 08:22 VanCaspel wrote:
I'll definitely do it! In the near future I'll start a new topic in order to start preparing for the national edition. It's tempting to go national now, but I still don't think such a big last-minute change is wise. It would be better to go ahead as planned and learn as much as possible, so that the first national edition will be a smooth ride


I think if you made it national right now your participant count would be doubled. Since everyone has free OV going to Nijmegen isn't a problem
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
February 28 2012 12:10 GMT
#40
Even if there would be no problem with the participants, it's not what has been communicated thus far. Not only would it be unfair to the registered players who would then suddenly face a much larger opponent pool, but also the deals with sponsors and subsidiaries have been made under the pretence that only Nijmegen's students will participate.

So even while it is very tempting to comply with all of these enthousiastic requests, it'll be impossible to expand to a national basis this year.
On the upside, it's only another half year before the next academic year starts
Administrator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech161
Codebar 34
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1146
Mini 921
Soma 631
actioN 512
ggaemo 389
Rush 372
Light 357
Larva 287
Stork 269
Horang2 255
[ Show more ]
BeSt 243
Snow 206
hero 183
Barracks 146
Killer 115
firebathero 102
Aegong 92
Shine 92
Dewaltoss 90
Sea.KH 75
Zeus 72
Shinee 45
Sexy 43
Sharp 36
soO 36
JYJ 35
sorry 30
ToSsGirL 28
Liquid`Ret 28
Bale 22
zelot 19
Trap 17
Rock 14
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7933
qojqva1971
Dendi841
420jenkins172
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1745
fl0m1066
Fnx 754
edward61
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5291
Other Games
singsing1550
B2W.Neo879
byalli519
Khaldor492
Lowko365
Mlord293
DeMusliM208
Liquid`VortiX186
KnowMe140
ArmadaUGS122
ceh990
Trikslyr43
BRAT_OK 26
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV226
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream184
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH191
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV418
League of Legends
• Nemesis2691
• Jankos1795
• TFBlade693
Other Games
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 14m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 14m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.