• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:43
CEST 10:43
KST 17:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7532 users

The (HotS) Protoss Help Me Thread Beta

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
JimTheCat
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada44 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 07:14:49
November 17 2012 07:55 GMT
#1
GMarshal Note: I was just going to close this as per the subforum rules, instead I have made it into the HotS Protoss Help me thread. Same rules as the thread in SC2 strategy apply. Keep all advice grounded in reality, and ask any Protoss related question you need help with here.



+ Show Spoiler [original OP] +
I have been having some trouble with Zerg. Not to say there OP or anything but I'm finding them hard to deal with, So I am creating this thread because I can't find many HoTS build orders so I would like to see if people have any air based builds that are somewhat refined. I would prefer that it would use some of the new units. I would like a flat out build order not just a unit list. Please don't posts any stupid builds or any cheeses.
I do not know what to do.
TokO
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway577 Posts
November 17 2012 21:54 GMT
#2
If I were you I would look at one of the established WoL airbuilds such as the 4gate SG early aggro, 5-phoenix styles or the airtoss off 3base. HotS isn't changed enough to make a 'early' mothership viable, so I'd rather just get a strong 2-base economy and maybe get the MsC around 5-6 min when you're worried about various all-ins etc.
JimTheCat
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada44 Posts
November 17 2012 22:06 GMT
#3
On November 18 2012 06:54 TokO wrote:
If I were you I would look at one of the established WoL airbuilds such as the 4gate SG early aggro, 5-phoenix styles or the airtoss off 3base. HotS isn't changed enough to make a 'early' mothership viable, so I'd rather just get a strong 2-base economy and maybe get the MsC around 5-6 min when you're worried about various all-ins etc.

Yeah I was basically meaning builds that use oracle/tempest. like oracle harass with a tempest follow up. or something like that
I do not know what to do.
TokO
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway577 Posts
November 17 2012 22:13 GMT
#4
I know, but basically, follow some solid economical fast expo into air builds on WoL, because the build orders are 'figured' out, and then just build oracles and tempests instead of whatever other units they would build.

I don't think there are any good builds currently tailored for what you want, I assume that people primarily just wing it atm.

Day9 has a good recent daily on refining builds, maybe you should make your own skeleton and try use his method to make a good build for the purpose you are searching for
raf3776
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1904 Posts
November 17 2012 22:29 GMT
#5
I found if I open stargate-oracle, I just usually end up dying by roaches or a fast spire. So I usually open normal robo- 3 base. then Get a stargate to get oracles to snipe structures.
WWJD (What Would Jaedong Do)
JimTheCat
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada44 Posts
November 18 2012 06:31 GMT
#6
On November 18 2012 07:29 raf3776 wrote:
I found if I open stargate-oracle, I just usually end up dying by roaches or a fast spire. So I usually open normal robo- 3 base. then Get a stargate to get oracles to snipe structures.

That happens to me if I stargate in PvZ. but it pvp I go 3 gate star gate fast expo then into robo . I use oracle and tempest from the stargate to harass and they usually commit to stalkers to kill my air and then I switch into usually a double robo and get a ton of sentry stalk immortal. and thats usually enough to kill them off.
I do not know what to do.
PineapplePizza
Profile Joined June 2010
United States749 Posts
November 18 2012 07:07 GMT
#7
Are there any replays of Protoss players doing stalker + core pressure vs zerg? I'd really like to see how that plays out, it sounds really cool.
"There should be no tying a sharp, hard object to your cock like it has a mechanical arm and hitting it with the object or using your cockring to crack the egg. No cyborg penises allowed. 100% flesh only." - semioldguy
JimTheCat
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada44 Posts
November 18 2012 10:55 GMT
#8
On November 18 2012 16:07 Ooshmagoosh wrote:
Are there any replays of Protoss players doing stalker + core pressure vs zerg? I'd really like to see how that plays out, it sounds really cool.

Idk I think its hard to pull off so there probably isn't many replays. you can watch videos of white ra if your looking for HoTS protoss videos. I'd say hes probably one of the best HoTS protoss's right now
I do not know what to do.
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
November 24 2012 09:01 GMT
#9
How are you guys dealing with Swarm Hosts contain? They go fairly quick Lair and set up a contain outside my front with 6 or so swarm hosts and a ton of lings. With the lings protecting the hosts I can't out dps the lings+broodlings. And the zerg slowly inches forward until the broodlings are in range of my expo and it's lights out.
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
November 24 2012 10:52 GMT
#10
On November 24 2012 18:01 nonsequitur wrote:
How are you guys dealing with Swarm Hosts contain? They go fairly quick Lair and set up a contain outside my front with 6 or so swarm hosts and a ton of lings. With the lings protecting the hosts I can't out dps the lings+broodlings. And the zerg slowly inches forward until the broodlings are in range of my expo and it's lights out.


As stupid as it sounds, rushing for carrier off two base is pretty good against this.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-24 11:29:01
November 24 2012 11:28 GMT
#11
Edit: Oh crap. Wrong thread. This was supposed to go into the IEM Singapore one!
TokO
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway577 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-24 13:36:21
November 24 2012 13:00 GMT
#12
I've been starting to do some Core-Stalker aggression into 7gate charge archon with warp prism multiprong attacks. I've had some success, but haven't met swarm hosts yet.

Responses I've met:

Ling\Hydralisks -> Chargelot Archon Storm handles this.
Mutalisk -> Storm + Blink instead of chargelot\archon.
Roach\Infestors -> Buy time with storm and feedback, but should transition to stalker colossus if you see him making a spine wall.I didn't do this and ended up losing to broodlord infestor.
Roaches -> Normal composition does well against this if you keeps pressure on his economy (ideally you've cancelled his third).

I haven't met any top tier zergs yet, so my experiences have little value, but if you guys are in diamond, you might experience the same stuff.

The thing I like about TC is that you have much more room for going out on the map and put pressure on the zerg, in contrast to Stalker Colossus where you really have to have a critical mass of stalkers\3colossus.
TokO
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway577 Posts
November 26 2012 12:43 GMT
#13
Alright, so for the people who is looking for a build, I just quickly got together a short build for 5-Stalker Pressure into TC. I'm not coining it as my own or anything as it is pretty standard stuff. I have not tested this on ladder, but I did wing the same style of build a couple of times, and it seemed efficient then. It's not a counter to all build, you might get smashed, take it for what it is. I tried listing a few pros and cons of the build. So enjoy ^^

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uNkyEaruhw75Y9z_NajWT7nLIy-vRt7JOFHpyFl0zHQ/edit
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
November 26 2012 13:08 GMT
#14
9 pylon
13 gate
-cyber core asap
16 pylon
17 gas x2
22 gate
24 star gate
32 nexus.

Chrono probes,
2x zealot + mother ship core, pressure and snipe creep tumours and run home once you prevented creep.

Oracle - void ray - Phoenix .

Should be able to snipe the 3rd due to prevention of creep earlier, if he gone speeding expo (gas 1st) then you need to get cyber and quick sentry then follow up with forge, carry on with the basic build.

Hide a probe to sac at 5mins mark, you need to know I he's gone fast 3rd or 2 base play both require different approaches at 7mims hallucinate an Phoenix to see what he tech is.

Hope that some help
Live Fast Die Young :D
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
December 09 2012 06:41 GMT
#15
What are you guys doing vs zerg? I'm clueless as to what to do against swarm hosts openings. Does the immortal/sentry expand still work against them? Immortals do nothing against ling/sh but I feel I have to go immortals or I die to a roach max. I don't find colossus to be useful. Against 6+ swarm hosts they do nothing, and against roach/hydra/viper abduct renders them useless.

GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 07:16:50
December 09 2012 07:10 GMT
#16
I'm repurposing this thread
Moderator
Sprite825
Profile Joined December 2011
France57 Posts
December 09 2012 13:42 GMT
#17
Hi, i'm a diamond terran player in WoL, and i'd like to switch to protoss in hots, and i have absolutely no idea how to play protoss. Can please some one teach me some basics build and tips to improve cause i'm totaly lost in hots( even in terran and zerg)
What's up people ?!
Decendos
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1341 Posts
December 09 2012 14:51 GMT
#18
has anybody tested mass oracle play + zealot HT support vs MMM? just did some tests and it is insanely strong if you combine timewarp + storm + 29 DPS to light units + zealots connecting way better thanks to timewarp. would love to see this work ^^
ZjiublingZ
Profile Joined September 2011
United Arab Emirates439 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 15:21:25
December 09 2012 15:21 GMT
#19
@Sprite

I'm in the same boat man, so here's the guides I'm using to learn Protoss - they are all Stargate builds because that's what I like and that's what has gotten the new and improved units.

PvP - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=381717 (note, the tip in this guide to get air upgrades after warpgate, and cancel later if you find out he isn't going stargate, is amazingly useful because you often will get in a stargate vs stargate battle in HotS)

PvZ gateway expand > stargate - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361740 (I feel like gateway expands are stronger now with the utility of the MSC).

PvT I don't know, I can't find any good stargate guides so I don't really have a build.

iKill
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Denmark861 Posts
December 09 2012 16:46 GMT
#20
On December 09 2012 23:51 Decendos wrote:
has anybody tested mass oracle play + zealot HT support vs MMM? just did some tests and it is insanely strong if you combine timewarp + storm + 29 DPS to light units + zealots connecting way better thanks to timewarp. would love to see this work ^^


Time Warp is good but you have to open up with templar tech and add the oracles later. Fast oracles against T will just make you die, because they have so low HP any kind of focus fire from marines just rapes them.
thepuppyassassin: "My god... the deathball's grown wings!"
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4111
Leta 2795
Soulkey 495
BeSt 475
Soma 278
Rush 170
Killer 44
Barracks 35
Shine 30
ZergMaN 29
[ Show more ]
Shinee 24
Hm[arnc] 22
Sharp 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe222
League of Legends
JimRising 545
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
WinterStarcraft736
Sick262
Pyrionflax100
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 44
• 3DClanTV 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Jankos1871
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 17m
Patches Events
6h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 17m
OSC
14h 17m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.