• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:18
CEST 12:18
KST 19:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8033 users

The (HotS) Protoss Help Me Thread Beta - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
TokO
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway577 Posts
December 12 2012 08:18 GMT
#21
Anybody else feel forced to rush some sort of AoE early against Zerg? Seems like most Lair tech stuff destroys Sentry/Immortal 3rd, especially with the design of most new maps (often open 3rds). I guess against Terran as well, you felt a lot safer doing multiple tech paths before, but now it's really difficult to hold multipronged harass, especially once they succeed in landing the troops. Feedback is really efficient against the new medivacs xD
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
December 21 2012 02:22 GMT
#22
On December 12 2012 17:18 TokO wrote:
Anybody else feel forced to rush some sort of AoE early against Zerg? Seems like most Lair tech stuff destroys Sentry/Immortal 3rd, especially with the design of most new maps (often open 3rds). I guess against Terran as well, you felt a lot safer doing multiple tech paths before, but now it's really difficult to hold multipronged harass, especially once they succeed in landing the troops. Feedback is really efficient against the new medivacs xD


Yeah. Almost every zerg goes Roach/Hydra now and I have no idea how to deal with that without colossus. But when the zerg scouts the colossus tech, they just go for Vipers and Abduct makes colossus useless. I've tried going Stargate into Templar but without Immortals, the roach max just kills me.

I honestly have no clue how to play vs Zerg and I'll be extremely grateful if anyone can provide a brief guide. I'm ~60-70% vP/vT and 20% vZ. :D
FlyingBeer
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States262 Posts
December 21 2012 07:40 GMT
#23
On December 21 2012 11:22 nonsequitur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2012 17:18 TokO wrote:
Anybody else feel forced to rush some sort of AoE early against Zerg? Seems like most Lair tech stuff destroys Sentry/Immortal 3rd, especially with the design of most new maps (often open 3rds). I guess against Terran as well, you felt a lot safer doing multiple tech paths before, but now it's really difficult to hold multipronged harass, especially once they succeed in landing the troops. Feedback is really efficient against the new medivacs xD


Yeah. Almost every zerg goes Roach/Hydra now and I have no idea how to deal with that without colossus. But when the zerg scouts the colossus tech, they just go for Vipers and Abduct makes colossus useless. I've tried going Stargate into Templar but without Immortals, the roach max just kills me.

I honestly have no clue how to play vs Zerg and I'll be extremely grateful if anyone can provide a brief guide. I'm ~60-70% vP/vT and 20% vZ. :D


Go for a Zealot/Archon or a Skytoss composition. With the hydra upgrades to move quicker, vipers to abduct colossus, and locusts to waste force field energy, robo+sentries just doesn't work anymore.
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 12:07:19
December 21 2012 12:03 GMT
#24
On December 21 2012 16:40 FlyingBeer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2012 11:22 nonsequitur wrote:
On December 12 2012 17:18 TokO wrote:
Anybody else feel forced to rush some sort of AoE early against Zerg? Seems like most Lair tech stuff destroys Sentry/Immortal 3rd, especially with the design of most new maps (often open 3rds). I guess against Terran as well, you felt a lot safer doing multiple tech paths before, but now it's really difficult to hold multipronged harass, especially once they succeed in landing the troops. Feedback is really efficient against the new medivacs xD


Yeah. Almost every zerg goes Roach/Hydra now and I have no idea how to deal with that without colossus. But when the zerg scouts the colossus tech, they just go for Vipers and Abduct makes colossus useless. I've tried going Stargate into Templar but without Immortals, the roach max just kills me.

I honestly have no clue how to play vs Zerg and I'll be extremely grateful if anyone can provide a brief guide. I'm ~60-70% vP/vT and 20% vZ. :D


Go for a Zealot/Archon or a Skytoss composition. With the hydra upgrades to move quicker, vipers to abduct colossus, and locusts to waste force field energy, robo+sentries just doesn't work anymore.



Sure it does, Viper requires hivetech.
So before the Viper is out, which should not be before 14ish minutes, you can simply kill a Zerg that goes for roach hydra. By minute 13 you should have 4 Colossi and +3 Attack, that is more than enough to destroy Zergs.

The other build I find quite strong is:
FFE -> 4Gate +1 pressure -> Void Rays while taking third -> Skytoss

Pretty cool, the 4Gate +1 will deal immense damage to a Muta player without Roach warrant (winning the game right there)
The Void Rays will deal with a Roach counter attack. Stargates are pretty nice to have against Mutas.
Skytoss seems to destroy Zergs right now. VR so good!
ThePianoDentist
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom698 Posts
December 21 2012 15:30 GMT
#25
On December 21 2012 21:03 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2012 16:40 FlyingBeer wrote:
On December 21 2012 11:22 nonsequitur wrote:
On December 12 2012 17:18 TokO wrote:
Anybody else feel forced to rush some sort of AoE early against Zerg? Seems like most Lair tech stuff destroys Sentry/Immortal 3rd, especially with the design of most new maps (often open 3rds). I guess against Terran as well, you felt a lot safer doing multiple tech paths before, but now it's really difficult to hold multipronged harass, especially once they succeed in landing the troops. Feedback is really efficient against the new medivacs xD


Yeah. Almost every zerg goes Roach/Hydra now and I have no idea how to deal with that without colossus. But when the zerg scouts the colossus tech, they just go for Vipers and Abduct makes colossus useless. I've tried going Stargate into Templar but without Immortals, the roach max just kills me.

I honestly have no clue how to play vs Zerg and I'll be extremely grateful if anyone can provide a brief guide. I'm ~60-70% vP/vT and 20% vZ. :D


Go for a Zealot/Archon or a Skytoss composition. With the hydra upgrades to move quicker, vipers to abduct colossus, and locusts to waste force field energy, robo+sentries just doesn't work anymore.



Sure it does, Viper requires hivetech.
So before the Viper is out, which should not be before 14ish minutes, you can simply kill a Zerg that goes for roach hydra. By minute 13 you should have 4 Colossi and +3 Attack, that is more than enough to destroy Zergs.

The other build I find quite strong is:
FFE -> 4Gate +1 pressure -> Void Rays while taking third -> Skytoss

Pretty cool, the 4Gate +1 will deal immense damage to a Muta player without Roach warrant (winning the game right there)
The Void Rays will deal with a Roach counter attack. Stargates are pretty nice to have against Mutas.
Skytoss seems to destroy Zergs right now. VR so good!


i just got beta few days ago and already this is what im starting to lean towards. The old 4 gate +1 zealot voidray pressure build with a third behind it. In wol it used to be a bit of a problem trying to take a fast third with air superiority as with enough roaches and lings you could basically just ignore the air units, but with the airtoss buff and mothership core, I think fast thirds off of stargate seem a lot more safe.

although I get a robo anyway because playing airtoss with some templar support, you bank so many minerals that making tonnes of warp prisms and suiciding zealots is really useful. It's pretty much the rsvp style of stalkerless (was it colrsvp or kxcd?) pvz that i remember reading about and trying before in wol, but now seems even stronger with new air units.

if the other player is not going muta how many oracles do you make? I haven't played enough to judge the different cost-effectiveness of different skytoss compositions, do you want oracles versus hydra, or do you just make enough oracles to harrass and then make void rays.


Brood War Protoss, SC2 Terran/Protoss
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3567 Posts
December 21 2012 16:27 GMT
#26
Assuming you open with a gate expand and a double stargate for oracle harass (pretty good to deny a 3rd or kill it) and transition into skytoss, if the Zerg reacts by mass hydras, what do you do? Storms?

I tried collossi but still lost the two games I m refering to. Granted I had a lot of mismanagement but still the new hydralisk can close in much faster and the guy I played with was very good at surrounding me/ attacking me in the middle of the map, thereby nullyfying my FF use.
Horang2 fan
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
December 21 2012 20:03 GMT
#27
On December 22 2012 00:30 ThePianoDentist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2012 21:03 rEalGuapo wrote:
On December 21 2012 16:40 FlyingBeer wrote:
On December 21 2012 11:22 nonsequitur wrote:
On December 12 2012 17:18 TokO wrote:
Anybody else feel forced to rush some sort of AoE early against Zerg? Seems like most Lair tech stuff destroys Sentry/Immortal 3rd, especially with the design of most new maps (often open 3rds). I guess against Terran as well, you felt a lot safer doing multiple tech paths before, but now it's really difficult to hold multipronged harass, especially once they succeed in landing the troops. Feedback is really efficient against the new medivacs xD


Yeah. Almost every zerg goes Roach/Hydra now and I have no idea how to deal with that without colossus. But when the zerg scouts the colossus tech, they just go for Vipers and Abduct makes colossus useless. I've tried going Stargate into Templar but without Immortals, the roach max just kills me.

I honestly have no clue how to play vs Zerg and I'll be extremely grateful if anyone can provide a brief guide. I'm ~60-70% vP/vT and 20% vZ. :D


Go for a Zealot/Archon or a Skytoss composition. With the hydra upgrades to move quicker, vipers to abduct colossus, and locusts to waste force field energy, robo+sentries just doesn't work anymore.



Sure it does, Viper requires hivetech.
So before the Viper is out, which should not be before 14ish minutes, you can simply kill a Zerg that goes for roach hydra. By minute 13 you should have 4 Colossi and +3 Attack, that is more than enough to destroy Zergs.

The other build I find quite strong is:
FFE -> 4Gate +1 pressure -> Void Rays while taking third -> Skytoss

Pretty cool, the 4Gate +1 will deal immense damage to a Muta player without Roach warrant (winning the game right there)
The Void Rays will deal with a Roach counter attack. Stargates are pretty nice to have against Mutas.
Skytoss seems to destroy Zergs right now. VR so good!


i just got beta few days ago and already this is what im starting to lean towards. The old 4 gate +1 zealot voidray pressure build with a third behind it. In wol it used to be a bit of a problem trying to take a fast third with air superiority as with enough roaches and lings you could basically just ignore the air units, but with the airtoss buff and mothership core, I think fast thirds off of stargate seem a lot more safe.

although I get a robo anyway because playing airtoss with some templar support, you bank so many minerals that making tonnes of warp prisms and suiciding zealots is really useful. It's pretty much the rsvp style of stalkerless (was it colrsvp or kxcd?) pvz that i remember reading about and trying before in wol, but now seems even stronger with new air units.

if the other player is not going muta how many oracles do you make? I haven't played enough to judge the different cost-effectiveness of different skytoss compositions, do you want oracles versus hydra, or do you just make enough oracles to harrass and then make void rays.


I really think if you want Skytoss to work you need to use the excess minerals to build Cannons.

I usually get 3 Oracles off of 1 Stargate and try not to lose them. If you make more Oracles and Zerg gets extra Queens and Spores he can kill you while you try to take the third. That obviously also depends on how much damage the first push did.

Also I think Air + Warp Prisms should not work. Zerg will get Infestor/Hydra Corruptor and Spores, that will shut down WP harass.

rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
December 21 2012 20:06 GMT
#28
On December 22 2012 01:27 WGT-Baal wrote:
Assuming you open with a gate expand and a double stargate for oracle harass (pretty good to deny a 3rd or kill it) and transition into skytoss, if the Zerg reacts by mass hydras, what do you do? Storms?

I tried collossi but still lost the two games I m refering to. Granted I had a lot of mismanagement but still the new hydralisk can close in much faster and the guy I played with was very good at surrounding me/ attacking me in the middle of the map, thereby nullyfying my FF use.



I tried double Stargate Oracle. A good Zerg will just get a lot of Spores and then kill you. I know it is a lot of fun when it works but in the long run that will not be viable.

I get only 3 Oracles, scout with halluc Phoenix and try to get fast Carriers with lots of Cannons at the attack path. (map dependent but mostly at third)
I get 6-8 VRs off of 2 and then 3 Stargates while building fleet beacon.
ThePianoDentist
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom698 Posts
December 21 2012 20:41 GMT
#29
On December 22 2012 05:06 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2012 01:27 WGT-Baal wrote:
Assuming you open with a gate expand and a double stargate for oracle harass (pretty good to deny a 3rd or kill it) and transition into skytoss, if the Zerg reacts by mass hydras, what do you do? Storms?

I tried collossi but still lost the two games I m refering to. Granted I had a lot of mismanagement but still the new hydralisk can close in much faster and the guy I played with was very good at surrounding me/ attacking me in the middle of the map, thereby nullyfying my FF use.



I tried double Stargate Oracle. A good Zerg will just get a lot of Spores and then kill you. I know it is a lot of fun when it works but in the long run that will not be viable.

I get only 3 Oracles, scout with halluc Phoenix and try to get fast Carriers with lots of Cannons at the attack path. (map dependent but mostly at third)
I get 6-8 VRs off of 2 and then 3 Stargates while building fleet beacon.

do you get templar tech before late game, or do you just try and hold off hydras with the air and mass cannon?


On December 22 2012 05:03 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2012 00:30 ThePianoDentist wrote:
On December 21 2012 21:03 rEalGuapo wrote:
On December 21 2012 16:40 FlyingBeer wrote:
On December 21 2012 11:22 nonsequitur wrote:
On December 12 2012 17:18 TokO wrote:
Anybody else feel forced to rush some sort of AoE early against Zerg? Seems like most Lair tech stuff destroys Sentry/Immortal 3rd, especially with the design of most new maps (often open 3rds). I guess against Terran as well, you felt a lot safer doing multiple tech paths before, but now it's really difficult to hold multipronged harass, especially once they succeed in landing the troops. Feedback is really efficient against the new medivacs xD


Yeah. Almost every zerg goes Roach/Hydra now and I have no idea how to deal with that without colossus. But when the zerg scouts the colossus tech, they just go for Vipers and Abduct makes colossus useless. I've tried going Stargate into Templar but without Immortals, the roach max just kills me.

I honestly have no clue how to play vs Zerg and I'll be extremely grateful if anyone can provide a brief guide. I'm ~60-70% vP/vT and 20% vZ. :D


Go for a Zealot/Archon or a Skytoss composition. With the hydra upgrades to move quicker, vipers to abduct colossus, and locusts to waste force field energy, robo+sentries just doesn't work anymore.



Sure it does, Viper requires hivetech.
So before the Viper is out, which should not be before 14ish minutes, you can simply kill a Zerg that goes for roach hydra. By minute 13 you should have 4 Colossi and +3 Attack, that is more than enough to destroy Zergs.

The other build I find quite strong is:
FFE -> 4Gate +1 pressure -> Void Rays while taking third -> Skytoss

Pretty cool, the 4Gate +1 will deal immense damage to a Muta player without Roach warrant (winning the game right there)
The Void Rays will deal with a Roach counter attack. Stargates are pretty nice to have against Mutas.
Skytoss seems to destroy Zergs right now. VR so good!


i just got beta few days ago and already this is what im starting to lean towards. The old 4 gate +1 zealot voidray pressure build with a third behind it. In wol it used to be a bit of a problem trying to take a fast third with air superiority as with enough roaches and lings you could basically just ignore the air units, but with the airtoss buff and mothership core, I think fast thirds off of stargate seem a lot more safe.

although I get a robo anyway because playing airtoss with some templar support, you bank so many minerals that making tonnes of warp prisms and suiciding zealots is really useful. It's pretty much the rsvp style of stalkerless (was it colrsvp or kxcd?) pvz that i remember reading about and trying before in wol, but now seems even stronger with new air units.

if the other player is not going muta how many oracles do you make? I haven't played enough to judge the different cost-effectiveness of different skytoss compositions, do you want oracles versus hydra, or do you just make enough oracles to harrass and then make void rays.


I really think if you want Skytoss to work you need to use the excess minerals to build Cannons.

I usually get 3 Oracles off of 1 Stargate and try not to lose them. If you make more Oracles and Zerg gets extra Queens and Spores he can kill you while you try to take the third. That obviously also depends on how much damage the first push did.

Also I think Air + Warp Prisms should not work. Zerg will get Infestor/Hydra Corruptor and Spores, that will shut down WP harass.



I think its really hard for zerg to have every angle covered, theres almost always a way in thats not covered by a spore, and it's also the indirect damage the warp prism does. If he has his hydras, infestors, corrupters in his base trying to defend me just burning excess minerals, then he can't be attacking me. Also I am of the opinion that in any matchup once you are on 3 bases you should always have a warp prism just to able to make any sudden attack you want to do as strong as possible with fast reinforcements (e.g. if your opponent attacks into you and loses and you go counter), but thats just how i like to play.


Brood War Protoss, SC2 Terran/Protoss
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
December 21 2012 22:51 GMT
#30
do you get templar tech before late game, or do you just try and hold off hydras with the air and mass cannon?

You defenitely want to get Templars eventually the faster the better. For me that really depends on the game and how far ahead/behind I feel as well as how I think my opponent will play.


I think its really hard for zerg to have every angle covered, theres almost always a way in thats not covered by a spore, and it's also the indirect damage the warp prism does. If he has his hydras, infestors, corrupters in his base trying to defend me just burning excess minerals, then he can't be attacking me. Also I am of the opinion that in any matchup once you are on 3 bases you should always have a warp prism just to able to make any sudden attack you want to do as strong as possible with fast reinforcements (e.g. if your opponent attacks into you and loses and you go counter), but thats just how i like to play.


Yeah, I just walk my Zealots into his expansions. But I mostly use that to distract and clear creep in the middle etc.

Still, 2 patrolling Corruptors will shut down WP.
And I also don't want to give Zerg any reason to get Corruptors
But I just started playing hots again so maybe I will incorporate that lateron.
jhlee820
Profile Joined June 2011
149 Posts
December 22 2012 06:19 GMT
#31
Is anyone else having trouble with the new medivac drops? I'm getting ripped in pieces because of those supercharged medivacs. I'd appreciate any tips on stopping em. Should I just mass cannons and have a templar at each basse?
Basileus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States103 Posts
December 22 2012 07:15 GMT
#32
@jhlee yeah templar help in the late game, and a few cannons can buy you some time. But try to make sure you have the watch towers, and I like to put pylons around paths that drops are likely to com so you can see them before they get to your main or expo. Sometimes having a DT shrine helps too because often the terran wont notice dts against his drop (at least at my level).
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
December 22 2012 12:01 GMT
#33
On December 22 2012 15:19 jhlee820 wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with the new medivac drops? I'm getting ripped in pieces because of those supercharged medivacs. I'd appreciate any tips on stopping em. Should I just mass cannons and have a templar at each basse?


Faster Medivacs basically means that you have less time to react.
You can either practice watching the minimap some more or you need more vision.
Other than that the drops are exactly the same until the medivac upgrade.
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
December 22 2012 22:30 GMT
#34
Does anybody have a good way to FFE on howling peak or should I just gateway expand in PvZ there?
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
December 23 2012 03:49 GMT
#35
On December 23 2012 07:30 rEalGuapo wrote:
Does anybody have a good way to FFE on howling peak or should I just gateway expand in PvZ there?


You can FFE on Howling Peak by making your wall at the nexus but I just veto that map along with Star Station. Getting a 3rd on Star Station is almost impossible due to how wide open it is.
Supah
Profile Joined August 2010
708 Posts
December 24 2012 09:17 GMT
#36
Any advice against that 2/2 Medivac timing? Absolutely brutal.
Hiwashi
Profile Joined August 2010
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-26 17:21:58
December 26 2012 17:14 GMT
#37
What openings are you guys doing in PvZ and PvP? I feel like if I dont robo, I auto lose most of my games.

The problem, mostly vs Zerg is if I robo they juts roll me over with their superior economy before I can get a good composition out. If I play safe, I get they ( Z ) take the map, if I play aggressive they always seem to have just enough to hold the old immortal sentry atk on 3rd.
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-26 18:22:17
December 26 2012 18:22 GMT
#38
On December 27 2012 02:14 Hiwashi wrote:
What openings are you guys doing in PvZ and PvP? I feel like if I dont robo, I auto lose most of my games.

The problem, mostly vs Zerg is if I robo they juts roll me over with their superior economy before I can get a good composition out. If I play safe, I get they ( Z ) take the map, if I play aggressive they always seem to have just enough to hold the old immortal sentry atk on 3rd.

PvP: FXOz's 3gate Pressure (all-in variant)
PvZ: FFE, +1 Zealots/Oracle --> fast third --> Tempest/Void Ray --> Templar
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
Novacute
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia313 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-26 19:08:39
December 26 2012 18:57 GMT
#39
On December 09 2012 23:51 Decendos wrote:
has anybody tested mass oracle play + zealot HT support vs MMM? just did some tests and it is insanely strong if you combine timewarp + storm + 29 DPS to light units + zealots connecting way better thanks to timewarp. would love to see this work ^^



Yes, playing at WoL masters level, this is incredibly hard to fight effectively. If i play Terran, i'd normally lose because you will need impeccable ghost control. The priority here is to drain oracle energy and because they can't be sniped, landing emps on a unit that almost moves as fast a phoenix is a challenge. Either i land my emps, remove their energy for timewarp or watch my units die because if the limited micro (slow movespeed). Also, while the caduceus reactor is great, however, the sheer AOE of a typical collossus&ht supported chargelot ball is amplied because storms now do almost up to 60 dmg, mitigating the extra benefits of that upgrade. Sniping Hts are harder as well since oracles can timewarp forward ghosts which instantly die to a small group of forward zealots, so in a typical game, doing this old maneuver is far more riskier, unless you pray the protoss does not have observers to detect cloaked ghosts.

My typical build follows the WoL meta of TvP with emphasis on faster upgrades (cc 1st into 3 rax + 2x ENG) with bulk of my first 9 min army consisting of marines and research on the caduceus reactor starts at 14-16, after my 2nd starport is built. I don't use helbats even vs zealot heavy comps because they're not micro-friendly and they die too fast and become even more immobile (queen off-creep) under time-warp. I obviously adapt to what i scout, but the general direction is bio centric since mech is underwhelming in terms of cost efficiency and falls easily to immortal/collossus/vr comps.
JackReacher
Profile Joined September 2012
United States197 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-26 23:27:55
December 26 2012 23:21 GMT
#40
I have yet to see a single Viper yet. All the Zergs I play either go Roach + Hydra (sometimes w/ Infestor), Roach Infestor Broodlord Corruptor just like in WoL, or some kind of Swarm Host Roach Overseer contain.

The problem is, when going Roach + Hydra or any kind of build that relies heavily on Hydra, Colossus is the "natural counter" to hydralisks and Corrupters still deal with Colossi 10x better than Vipers can, and Vipers don't morph into Broodlords at Tier 3. I see this as one of those units like the Raven that has uses, but other units simple perform them much better so they never get used.

Edit: Howling Peaks and Star Station should be automatic vetoes for ANY Protoss playing ladder. They are extremely bad maps for Protoss, and I'm pretty sure they'll be gone by full release anyway. The only players that like them are Zergs. But then again, the ideal Zerg map would just be a giant wide-open arena with no terrain and nothing to forcefield units behind/into except for mineral lines and buildings. Maybe they should just play on those unit test maps.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings85
CranKy Ducklings SOOP32
SHIN 29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 219
ByuN 110
SHIN 29
MindelVK 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18369
Calm 10079
Rain 3307
soO 788
BeSt 399
Stork 390
Soulkey 365
Soma 339
Rush 274
firebathero 259
[ Show more ]
FanTaSy 245
Bisu 220
Barracks 121
Mind 63
Shinee 50
Last 46
Killer 36
Sexy 36
Sharp 24
HiyA 23
Pusan 22
Light 22
Shine 21
ToSsGirL 20
Terrorterran 20
sorry 19
hero 18
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 15
yabsab 14
zelot 11
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 6
Trap 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5743
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
gofns30283
singsing1583
Pyrionflax235
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 64
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• Jankos2917
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 43m
OSC
12h 43m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.