• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:34
CEST 21:34
KST 04:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9237 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 335

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 333 334 335 336 337 432 Next
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-26 06:36:09
May 26 2014 05:01 GMT
#6681
On May 25 2014 21:16 YoTcA wrote:
@Slashiepie: You can find the latest hotkey files here (the link can also be found at the bottom of the first post in this thread). But be aware that those are still in beta.
If I recall correctly there is no Terran file yet, so I would suggest using the Random layout. It was designed to give a good and consistent experience with all 3 races, so I think it is your best bet .



Thanks, which file i am supposed to download ?
RRM has all General Keys unbound..

Edit: I'm going to kill someone, my custom core profile was overwritten and is pretty much useless right now! :@ :@
velvex
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany226 Posts
May 26 2014 07:39 GMT
#6682
On May 26 2014 14:01 Slashiepie wrote:Edit: I'm going to kill someone, my custom core profile was overwritten and is pretty much useless right now! :@ :@

Oh, I hate it when that happens. Does anybody know what causes this?
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
May 26 2014 08:36 GMT
#6683
@R05: The hotkey to change the keyboard language is Alt+Shift (for the next time the problem occurs). But if you are using only your US keyboard layout, you can just delete the other avaiable layout, so it will not change to anything else.

@Slashiepie: Have you tried to restart the game? When I change the hotkey layout ingame, sometimes the hotkeys do not get updated. After restarting the game, the hotkeys are displayed correctly. Or is the hotkeyfile really changed (alteration date of the file in explorer)?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 26 2014 09:08 GMT
#6684
BACK-UP YOUR HOTKEYS!!!

seriously. Have a backup hotkeys folder on your PC and update it whenever you make changes. I have no idea what causes that to happen, but I too have lost hours of work to this issue.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
GhostMatter
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10 Posts
May 26 2014 22:14 GMT
#6685
Is there a video of someone's hand on they keyboard while they're using the Core? Having issue with my hand being tense and I'd like to see how other people do it.
Jusseppe
Profile Joined September 2012
Mexico3 Posts
May 26 2014 23:02 GMT
#6686
@GhostMatter This is the only video I've found
.
I sometimes have the same issue as you. I used to have the keyboard a bit far into the desk for the standard layout, but I noticed for TheCore I can play more relaxed with the heel of my hand resting at the border of the desk. I'm also practicing combinations in the notepad trying to keep my hand as relaxed as possible and found out it works great.
R05
Profile Joined April 2014
Canada47 Posts
May 26 2014 23:06 GMT
#6687
You can see here: http://jakatak.github.io/thecorevisualizer/visualizer/

I think that you're supposed to have straight hand with pinkie on "j", index on "i", middle finger on "o", index on "p" and thumb on both ctrl and shift. This is the home row.

The core team should be able to give you a better answer if there is one.
GhostMatter
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-26 23:22:47
May 26 2014 23:21 GMT
#6688
Thanks!! Ì think part of my problem is that I've been playing lLarge. I chose it because Medium is a little messed up on French Canadian (while Large is 100% fine) and I wanted jump in right away. Gonna try Medium and watch the video.
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
May 27 2014 00:21 GMT
#6689
@GhostMatter:
I think a good way to get a comfortable position is to rest your keyboard hand on the table (without the keyboard) and try to relax it. Do not put your hand flat on the table, but rather like holding a big snowball, so your fingers also feel relaxed. Now you want to position your keyboard, so your fingers rest on the home row (POIJ for right hands layout, and WERG for the left handed. Keep in mind, right handed means that you are using the mouse with the right hand. So it is left keyboard hand goes to POIJ and right keyboard hand to WERG ). To achieve this relaxed resting position you will most like have to tilt your keyboard, as it is displayed in the link R05 provided.
If I recall correctly, you want to try to not rest your wrist on the table, because this can lead to too much stress for the fingers. You should keep the wrist elevated and use the weight of your hand to press the keys. This will also help you with keeping your hand free to move over the keyboard. With TheCore bringing all the important hotkeys close, I felt very tempted to not move my hand at all, but some keys are still too far out. So if you feel your hand wants to move to press a key you should allow it.

Besides that, I think it is also a problem with TheCore using the right side of the keyboard in the right handed layout. It is likely you never used those key much and the tilt makes it even stranger for your hand. I think this strange feeling can also lead to tension in the hand, because your hand tries to stay on the home row to not get lost in this unusual setup. I think it is best to take things slow. Try to play really slow for the first few games until your hand gets used to the feeling of the keys and the tilt. Your APM should increase eventually without you noticing it .
Samiaani
Profile Joined May 2014
Finland1 Post
May 27 2014 06:14 GMT
#6690
First: Thanks for this awesome layout! <3

I just wanted to know if there was a visualizer for the nordic keyboard?

Hope the 2.0 version for protoss is coming soon!
GhostMatter
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10 Posts
May 27 2014 16:35 GMT
#6691
Thank you YoTcA. Thanks to all the team for the hard work. I love it so far. Medium is also much better, I should've listened to the tips and fit medium to my French Canadian keyboard.

I did change zealots and a few others to the / key since it's easier to use.
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-27 21:22:04
May 27 2014 20:50 GMT
#6692
@self-destroying hotkey files: I just started SC2 and got a message that there are some conflicting hotkeys that would prevent me from playing and I was ask if I want to ignore it or solve it. After clicking on solve, I saw that there were multiple hotkeys unbound. I tried to switch to another layout and back, but the problem persisted. So I restarted SC2. Now the hotkeys are back to normal. No idea what happened, but I think that restarting the game without changing any hotkeys can, at least sometimes, solve the problem. (Keep back-ups of the hotkey files anyway )

edit: Could it be due to the removal of the transformation servos in the latest update? Just an idea that came to my mind.

edit2: @JaK/Ninjury: Have you found the time to review the changes Beedebdoo and I made to the Zerg 2.0 ability map (mainly optimizing upgrades and off-race consistency)?
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 28 2014 01:16 GMT
#6693
I'm not entirely sure what you have done, forgive my lack of observation :p. Would you be able to please run us through it? That way every one following along will understand the thought processes as well. Props to whoever came up with the idea to list all the sequences... very well organized.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
May 28 2014 09:36 GMT
#6694
Which file is the core 2.0 ?
The Random one on the Github has pretty much more than half the keys unbound.
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
May 28 2014 11:43 GMT
#6695
@Ninjury: Sure, I can do that. But keep in mind, I live in Germany, so I am about 9 hours ahead of you. I think I can stay awak until 3 pm PDT. So if you have some free time until then, contact me.

@Slashiepie: What version are you using exactly? The US qwerty version is the one on the home folder. And I can not see any missing hotkeys in the file. All the other available keyboard layouts can be found in the coresponding folder.
Please try to download the file again and to restart SC2 after selecting TheCore 2.0 random hotkey file ingame. Sometimes there are problems when changing the hotkey file that can be solved by restarting the game.
Coldblackice
Profile Joined April 2011
United States49 Posts
May 28 2014 20:26 GMT
#6696
On May 28 2014 05:50 YoTcA wrote:
edit2: @JaK/Ninjury: Have you found the time to review the changes Beedebdoo and I made to the Zerg 2.0 ability map (mainly optimizing upgrades and off-race consistency)?


Where are these changes? Are they public for anyone to see? I'd like to see and incorporate them into my hotkey file, if that's alright.

Also, what's the process decision of how/what gets included in 2.0? What's the wait waiting on? And is there any estimate when 2.0 might be finished?

I'm just jumping into the Core now, and would rather start with the most current version rather than starting with 1.0 but having to relearn 2.0 in a few weeks or so (when 2.0 is finished).

PS - if desired, I'd be willing to translate the Visualizer to update it with 2.0 layout.
McMatus
Profile Joined February 2013
Austria17 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-28 21:14:51
May 28 2014 21:07 GMT
#6697
Soo i just tried the RRM 2.0 Layout and after playing with it for a bit i thought about changing Rax/Fact/Str to O and 9 to cc/ups this make this really easy to acces and since macro is so important i think having the 2 close and comfortable is prettyy important.

Are there any downsides besides having to use the same finger?
What ya think?
R05
Profile Joined April 2014
Canada47 Posts
May 28 2014 21:54 GMT
#6698
In the ZRM 2.0 do i use Index and middle finger for the creep cams sequence "Create Cam" and "Jump to Cam" or do i use only the index for both.

Thanks
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
May 28 2014 22:33 GMT
#6699
@Coldblackice: Yes, those changes are public and can be seen in this google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140gNhKs_1VCG6JJ9ijvEblKI9UQcpUKDTPap5t_kBeU/edit?pli=1#gid=983793383
There is a sheet for every layout (Ability Map and Key-Use Overview). But so far only Random and Zerg have been worked on. And I think the work on Terran has also been started, but I am not sure about it. So feel free to adjust your hotkeys accordingly, if you are playing one of these races .
The decisions are mainly about optimizing TheCore further and further. New ideas are discussed and decided, if they improve the keyboard layout or not. With the Zerg layout, there was a clear focus on the Zerg hotkeys, to get them into the optimal position. Then the other two races were adjusted regarding consistency (e.g. all attack upgrade are on the same hotkey for all races etc.), to make off-race-ing easier and more intuitive. For random all 3 races were taken into account to find a good compromise.
As those decisions are sometimes more subjective than we like them to be, it is the goal to get more than one or two opinions to avoid changes for the worse. Therefore it takes some time until everyone looked over the hotkeys.
For a release date I can only give you the good old soon (tm) .
And about the visualizer: I think it would be best to contact JaK, because I am not familiar with it.

@MacMatus: I think J is a pretty good key, as it is on the home row and there should be not that big a difference between 9 and 0. The problem with finger repetition only arises, if you are playing at high APM. I myself had no problem with it so far, as I am still too slow. But when you are getting faster, there will be a moment when a finger repetition will slow you down. So I think it is a good idea to try to avoid it as early as possible. Maybe it will just take some time to get used to J and 0.
But those CGs are only suggestions. You are free to assign them in whatever way you want.

@R05: You use middle and index.
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-28 22:37:10
May 28 2014 22:36 GMT
#6700
double post
Prev 1 333 334 335 336 337 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1593
RotterdaM962
TaKeTV 387
IndyStarCraft 209
SteadfastSC163
ZombieGrub103
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1593
RotterdaM 962
IndyStarCraft 209
SteadfastSC 163
RuFF_SC2 154
MaxPax 138
ZombieGrub103
UpATreeSC 71
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2756
Shuttle 526
Dewaltoss 107
910 71
Mind 61
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4279
pashabiceps1649
Fnx 681
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4594
Liquid`Hasu599
Other Games
Beastyqt768
mouzStarbuck428
ToD183
C9.Mang0156
shahzam110
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 175
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• Eskiya23 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade329
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.