• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:31
CEST 09:31
KST 16:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7165 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 333

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 331 332 333 334 335 432 Next
brook8128
Profile Joined August 2013
Korea (South)66 Posts
May 21 2014 02:53 GMT
#6641
ah I have mistake. shift ;JLH9 is hard. shift -OILK is easy
OvO
PZ31k0nauT
Profile Joined December 2012
13 Posts
May 21 2014 10:53 GMT
#6642
I play Random with RRM

For Inject I use: J90HL
Especially the first three are easy for me: J(pinky), 9 (ring), 0 (middle); so no repetition there.
My free cams are: ctrl+I (rally) and ctrl+p or ctrl+k, for creep or ramps.

Are there any suggested control groups?
For macro I use J (queen or hatch and production) and 0(zero) (queen or hatch and bases +tech).
For army: 9 (melee), O (main army), L (spellcaster), H (harass), N (corrupter, viking) ....

For practicing key combinations I think the unit tester (hots) version is pretty good. I can set up my macro and army. Save the whole thing to a slot in the map. I´ve done this for all three races.
I then move my army around, while producing stuff which gets automatically destroyed by a lot of cannons .

I hope this is helpful.

TheCore is awesome ^^
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 21 2014 13:41 GMT
#6643
I love the idea of using the unit tester for macro! Cool idea.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
HerrPfotig
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany39 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 14:45:52
May 21 2014 14:30 GMT
#6644
PURPLE; US qwerty; RXM: Has anybody ever tried the CG combination of

9->Y
O->H
L->N


to attackmove/r-clickmove around 6 things in CGs

??

I never had to undo the spacing between middle and pinky finger, and after 5 minutes of practice it already felt pretty natural and fluid

edit: O means the letter not the number
HerrPfotig
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany39 Posts
May 21 2014 16:33 GMT
#6645
I think for every stutterstep technique a player can utilize, he should be able to use HoldPosition, Stop, Patrol commands in conjunction with an AttackMove afterwards. (especially Reaper, Banshee, Muta, Oracle play)

Unless im doing something wrong
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 06:52:19
May 22 2014 14:45 GMT
#6646
Attack move commands units to move to a location, and attack anything in range.
Hold Position freezes the unit to the ground, and attack anything in range.
Stop cancel all commands. The unit attack anything in range.
Patrol commands the unit to move between two locations and attack anything in range.

Everyone of these commands forces the unit to attack things in range. Alternating between them would therefore not make a difference. Rather you want to alternate between smart command (Default: Right Click) and any one of the above.
brothersadcase
Profile Joined May 2014
11 Posts
May 22 2014 15:11 GMT
#6647
I do feel like patrol could be in a more convenient position, though. Sometimes I use patrol as an alternative to attack move if I'm worried I might hit one of my own guys. Just a passing thought and really probably a matter of preference - I'm sure everyone changes the core a little to their own taste. Sadly I haven't been able to play with R 2.0 as much as I'd like cause I've been too busy. I'm still keeping an eye on the thread though
brook8128
Profile Joined August 2013
Korea (South)66 Posts
May 23 2014 09:08 GMT
#6648
I want to use rapid fire inject.
What kind of keyboard is available?
fc660m is available and fc660c isn't available.
I don't know why two keyboards is different.
OvO
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 23 2014 13:23 GMT
#6649
Hey Brook,

You will need a keyboard with N key rollover, which means the keyboard can accept multiple inputs at the same time. There is a video in a OP or on Jak's youtube about it, I think.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 23 2014 14:37 GMT
#6650
@Ninjury
That is not the case. There have been reports of keyboards not doing this dispite having N key rollover. You have to test the keyboard.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 23 2014 14:41 GMT
#6651
Oh, my bad. Thanks jak.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
brook8128
Profile Joined August 2013
Korea (South)66 Posts
May 23 2014 14:46 GMT
#6652
Ninjury_J
My keyboard is k8000u. It is able to accept 12 multiple inputs at the same time.
When I press asdf at he same time.
asdffffffffffffffffffffffffff
asdffffffffffffffffffffffffff
asdffffffffffffffffffffffff
asdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf, it sometimes occurs, but it doesn't work in the game.

My keyboard's specifications are

- N Key Roll Over Function(Protect Ghost Key)
- Ergonomics Key Touch
- Multi-Language Available
- Detachable Plastic Palm-Rest & Key Skin: Optional
- Size(LxWxH) : 460*152*30mm
- Button No. : 104~106 Keys
- Cable length : 1800mm
OvO
brook8128
Profile Joined August 2013
Korea (South)66 Posts
May 23 2014 14:59 GMT
#6653
Can you recommend Mechanical Keyboard that is able to use rapid fire inject?
OvO
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 23 2014 15:24 GMT
#6654
Anything by Das
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
McMatus
Profile Joined February 2013
Austria17 Posts
May 23 2014 18:32 GMT
#6655
I've got the Razer Tournament Edition and its really good, doesnt cost too much and has evrything u need + its really compact and you get a nice bag for transport
brothersadcase
Profile Joined May 2014
11 Posts
May 23 2014 18:36 GMT
#6656
Any mechanical by anyone, to be honest, Brook. Most mechanical keyboards have at least 6 key rollover - my Blackwidow TE has 10, which is obviously more than you'd ever need. You don't even need a mechanical keyboard to get multiple key rollover - a few rubber-domes use fancy wiring to achieve the same effect.

One good thing about Razer is Synapse is pretty good, so you can do things like map the app key to alt, which is what I've been doing. One of the best programmable keyboards is the Poker 2, though it's a 60% - i.e., it's got no number pad or directional keys. I'm pretty sure that most keyboards made by KTB are fully programmable, though I might be wrong about that. What I mean by 'fully programmable' is it beats Razer because you can program macros (or whatever) to key combos, not just single key presses. Example: you could make ctrl+f execute alskdjfgiq3[9u - or just n or F5 or whatever. Also, lol, you could make a macro that did rapid-fire inject but that would be cheaty and you wouldn't need any particular keyboard to do it - you could just use autohotkey.

Places to go to find out about mechanical keyboards: /r/mechanicalkeyboards, deskthority and geekhack.

About Leopold's fc660m and fc660c - the difference is the kind of switches. The M model uses Cherries, which is what nearly every mechanical keyboard uses. Advantages of Cherries - they're the most common, so they're easy to replace, they come in all sorts of different types (clicky, non-clicky - and different weights). The fc660c uses Topres, which are actually kind of like a rubber-dome, but it uses as fancy trick to make it so you don't have to 'bottom out', i.e., depress the key entirely to 'actuate' it. Advantages of them: apparently they're better than sex, food and taking a good dump at the same time. Disadvantages: they're rare and expensive, hard to replace and in the end, it's just a keyboard.

Having said this, I WILL buy the fc660c! Because I am a fucking nerd and I have to know. And you know, what, I bet they'll be great. Also, I like the design of the keyboard. Luckily for me, I'm dirt poor-right now, so won't buy one for a while.

One thing to note about NKR is you need a PS/2 slot in your computer and you might not have one. Most modern computers don't have them.
R05
Profile Joined April 2014
Canada47 Posts
May 23 2014 19:18 GMT
#6657
Is it normal that my 2.0 zerg layout had "Base Camera" set to "F10" and "Shift+/" when i downloaded it.
Shouldnt it be set to "=" like it is shown on the core master spreadsheet?

Thanks.

Illuminati101
Profile Joined September 2010
Peru21 Posts
May 23 2014 20:36 GMT
#6658
Where can i find TRM 2.0 plz i would love to hop into 2.0 right now thanks
R05
Profile Joined April 2014
Canada47 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 20:47:19
May 23 2014 20:45 GMT
#6659
I think theres only Random and Zerg layouts so far.
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 23 2014 21:32 GMT
#6660
R05 is right, Terran and Protoss are not complete yet.

I'm not sure why the base camera is not =, I'll ask Jak to look into it right away. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
Prev 1 331 332 333 334 335 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 966
Hyun 52
NotJumperer 42
Bale 34
Killer 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto173
League of Legends
JimRising 515
Counter-Strike
edward15
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g7974
Coldzera 719
ceh9505
olofmeister483
WinterStarcraft389
C9.Mang0288
Sick142
NeuroSwarm90
Happy39
ViBE23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick584
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1013
• Jankos632
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 29m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.