• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:34
CEST 21:34
KST 04:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9237 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 336

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 334 335 336 337 338 432 Next
Jusseppe
Profile Joined September 2012
Mexico3 Posts
May 29 2014 00:35 GMT
#6701
I just noticed Zerg is on green finger split. Are the other races staying on purple? Or could they be changing to another color?
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 06:48:01
May 29 2014 06:46 GMT
#6702
We are not sure which finger split option is best for the other races yet. My money is on purple right now, but we still need to do similar analysis on P and T as we did for Z and R.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 29 2014 19:54 GMT
#6703
I am the hold up. Been falling behind in my other projects to get the R and the Z as done as they are. Playing catchup now. Also, started training 3-4 hours a day (was 1-2 before). It's a long term decision and I think it will be better overall. Once my other projects have calmed down a bit, I will be able to get back to leading the team. Until that time I assume you all will be discussing and trying out different things to see what's best. That way when I can come back the legwork will be done and we can just polish it and release 2.0

@coldblackice

YOU WILL!?!?!? That would be sooooooooo insanely awesome. This is the github link: https://github.com/JaKaTaK/thecorevisualizer
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 20:34:36
May 29 2014 20:32 GMT
#6704
Re: Jak's post above.

It would be great if some Terran and Protoss players offer some help with the finger split options with those layouts. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to help very much because I only play zerg. I believe that Beed is a terran player, and I guess that he will begin on that layout when he can. As for Protoss, if you are experienced (note: not necessarily high level) with both the race and The Core, I would be happy to chat with you to see how you can help us.

As I mentioned above, I believe that the overall scheme of the P and T layouts will be like random because its unlikely that random should be completely different than all three races. Further, the racial mechnics and structures are quite similar. What remains is:

For each race, figure out what the best finger split option is by taking into acount desired ability order/finger split, desired cg order/finger split, and most critical finger combinations.

Once that is done, filling in the keys with appropriate functions, staying as close to the desired layout as possible.

Please let me know if you would like to lend a hand
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-30 01:11:46
May 29 2014 23:14 GMT
#6705
Hey, just starting to play around with the protoss finger split. But I have the same problem as Ninjury, so feel free to join in, if you have any first hand insight into protoss play .

edit: Done for today.

Found some errors within the combo rating system (CG-CG, Ability-Ability, CG-Ability) in the green and orange finger split option. Index + Pinky was used for an Ability-CG combo, which is impossible for those finger splits. Also the overall combo rating was calculated by adding up all combo scores, leading to 1x CG-CG + 1xAb-Ab + 4xCG-Ab. Changed the calculation to 1x CG-CG + 1xAb-Ab + (4xCG-Ab)/4 so all combos are equal (the combo weighting is applied before the summation).

I also added those changes to the other race sheets for comparison.

If I understand the combo rating correctly, then the highest score is the best.
The best combo (index-pinky) has the highest score of 1. All the others are lower. Therefore: Higher is better. Or am I misinterpreting something?
But this would mean that purple is not the best finger split option for random (even with the old summation). Or am I missing an aspect that was taken into account when purple was chosen?
DB744
Profile Joined May 2014
2 Posts
May 30 2014 01:29 GMT
#6706
All the keyboard layouts that I've that are QWERTY require a AltGr key (a key that I've never heard about), but I don't have one and pushing Alt+Ctrl is awfully uncomfortable. I understand that there is a FAQ about it, but I need so much more than just "you downloaded the wrong one" (where I can compellingly argue that I didn't). What do I do?

In the case of that I'm in the wrong for asking and that I still have this problem, what do I do? I was thinking of mapping AltGr to a key that isn't used often (for example, 1) that is on my mouse.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 30 2014 01:40 GMT
#6707
US Qwerty does not have Alt Gr
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
DB744
Profile Joined May 2014
2 Posts
May 30 2014 01:56 GMT
#6708
I have just confused myself. That is, I just tried to copy exactly what you do in "First Game with TheCore" by always holding down Alt only to be confused. Now I realize that I over-thought it, as I expected something else, but it what really happens is something else.
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 30 2014 03:03 GMT
#6709
For random: cg>cg ought to have more weight than it currently does relative to cg>ab (lots of cg switching for p and t)

For Zerg: ab>ab ought to be most significant
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
Equiva1ence
Profile Joined April 2014
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-30 07:24:00
May 30 2014 06:31 GMT
#6710
Hey there people, I've got a question for anyone who's gotten proficient at TheCore 2.0 (or just anyone who is good at learning new hotkeys).

I'm having fun playing around with TheCore 2.0 (specifically the random layout) but I'm still adjusting to it from TheCore 1.0. So I've been using an arcade map ('Hotkey Trainer') to learn the new layout faster than just playing lots of ladder games. This works remarkably well for me, but it only helps to learn the ability hotkeys, and not the control groups and camera hotkeys.

My question is, does anyone have a better way to learn these last two things (control groups and camera hotkeys) that's likely to be quicker/easier than playing ladder games? Because it's taking me a while to get used to them just grinding games.

Edit: Might as well mention this while I'm here, in case you're unaware of it: On the master spreadsheet (in the Reworked R. Key-use Overview tab) there's a list of suggested control groups under the section 'compact overview', that disagree with the list of suggested control groups under the section 'additional features'.
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-30 09:25:46
May 30 2014 08:09 GMT
#6711
For the 4th time, please can someone just tell me exactly which file am i supposed to download for testing 2.0?
Just tell me thename please.. the ones on the home folder have everything except the command card commands unbound. No restarting the game does not fix it.
This one is not working, nor are variations of it working nor the german versions.

I assume this version?
TheCore RRM .SC2Hotkeys Zerg and Random 2.0 HotS multiplayer (sloppy) 10 days ago


The link is not on the first post as someone said either, how are people supposed to beta test 2.0 if you guys are not more transparent ?
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-30 08:52:20
May 30 2014 08:31 GMT
#6712
@Ninjury: Ok, that could solve the problem. So you remember the correct numbers?

@Equiva1ence: Thanks for the info. Changed it

@Slashiepie:
The download link in the first post:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The file you need, if you want to test random 2.0 on a US qwerty keyboard with the right handed medium layout:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


How this file looks in my game:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The keybindings (everything but the command card), copied from the hotkey file on github:
+ Show Spoiler +
[Settings]
AllowSetConflicts=1

[Hotkeys]
Music=F4
Sound=F12
PTT=Control+Tab
ChatAll=Shift+Enter
ChatAllies=Control+Grave
ChatCancel=Escape
ChatDefault=Enter
ChatIndividual=Control+Shift+Enter
ChatRecipient=Control+Enter
DialogDismiss=Escape,RightMouseButton
MenuAchievements=F3
MenuGame=F5,Escape
MenuMessages=F11
MenuHelp=F2
MenuSocial=F1
LeaderNone=B
LeaderResources=Y
LeaderIncome=N
LeaderSpending=U
LeaderUnits=I
LeaderStructures=M
LeaderUnitsLost=Slash
LeaderProduction=J
LeaderUpgrades=8
LeaderArmy=H
LeaderAPM=Comma
LeaderCPM=G
ObserveAllPlayers=Control+O
ObserveAutoCamera=Shift+Minus
ObserveClearSelection=Escape
ObserveCommentator=
ObservePlayer0=Control+Minus
ObservePlayer1=Control+BracketOpen
ObservePlayer2=Control+H
ObservePlayer3=Control+Apostrophe
ObservePlayer4=Control+8
ObservePlayer5=Control+M
ObservePlayer6=Control+U
ObservePlayer7=Control+Shift+SemiColon
ObservePlayer8=Control+Shift+L
ObservePlayer9=Control+Shift+9
ObservePlayer10=Control+Shift+0
ObservePlayer11=Control+Shift+K
ObservePlayer12=Control+Shift+Minus
ObservePlayer13=Control+Shift+BracketOpen
ObservePlayer14=Control+Shift+H
ObservePlayer15=Control+Shift+Apostrophe
ObservePreview=Control+P
ObserveSelected=Shift+K
ObserveStatusBars=Control+K
ObserveZoomCameraLevel1=Control+BackMouseButton
ObserveZoomCameraLevel2=Control+Shift+BackMouseButton
NamePanel=Shift+8
StatPanelResources=Control+SemiColon
StatPanelArmySupply=Control+Shift+O
StatPanelUnitsLost=Control+Shift+P
StatPanelAPM=Control+L
StatPanelCPM=Control+9
ToggleVersusModeSides=Shift+Apostrophe
ToggleWorldPanel=Control+0
CinematicSkip=Escape,8
AlertRecall=Control+Shift+Alt+F10
ArmySelect=Control+Shift+Alt+F7
CameraCenter=Alt
CameraFollow=Control+Shift+Alt+F5
CameraTurnLeft=Backspace
CameraTurnRight=BackSlash
CameraPush=MiddleMouseButton
ControlGroupAppend0=Control+Period
ControlGroupAppend1=Control+J
ControlGroupAppend2=Control+O
ControlGroupAppend3=Control+L
ControlGroupAppend4=Control+9
ControlGroupAppend5=Control+0,Alt+P
ControlGroupAppend6=Control+H
ControlGroupAppend7=Control+M
ControlGroupAppend8=Control+N
ControlGroupAppend9=Control+Y
ControlGroupAssign0=Control+Shift+Period
ControlGroupAssign1=Control+Shift+J
ControlGroupAssign2=Control+Shift+O
ControlGroupAssign3=Control+Shift+L
ControlGroupAssign4=Control+Shift+9
ControlGroupAssign5=Control+Shift+0
ControlGroupAssign6=Control+Shift+H
ControlGroupAssign7=Control+Shift+M
ControlGroupAssign8=Control+Shift+N
ControlGroupAssign9=Control+Shift+Y
ControlGroupRecall0=Period
ControlGroupRecall1=J
ControlGroupRecall2=O
ControlGroupRecall3=L
ControlGroupRecall4=9
ControlGroupRecall5=0
ControlGroupRecall6=H
ControlGroupRecall7=M
ControlGroupRecall8=N
ControlGroupRecall9=Y
GameTooltipsOn=Control+Shift+Alt+D
IdleWorker=F9
MinimapColors=Control+Shift+SemiColon
MinimapPing=Control+Shift+Alt+F9
MinimapTerrain=Alt+4
PauseGame=Pause,F8
QuickPing=Control+Shift+RightMouseButton
QuickSave=Control+Slash
ReplayPlayPause=K
ReplayRestart=Shift+M
ReplaySkipBack=Shift+BracketOpen
ReplaySkipNext=Shift+H
ReplaySpeedDec=Shift+I
ReplaySpeedInc=Shift+J
ReplayStop=Control+Shift+8
ReplayHide=Shift+U
SelectionCancelDrag=Escape
StatusAll=Control+Shift+Alt+F8
StatusOwner=Control+Alt+F9
StatusAlly=Control+Alt+F7
StatusEnemy=Control+Alt+F8
SubgroupNext=ForwardMouseButton
SubgroupPrev=BackMouseButton
TargetChoose=LeftMouseButton,P,K,Minus,BracketOpen,Apostrophe,7
TeamResources=Control+SemiColon
TownCamera=Equals
WarpIn=Control+Shift+Alt+F12
CameraSave0=Alt+0
CameraSave1=Alt+J
CameraSave2=Alt+L
CameraSave3=Alt+H
CameraSave4=Alt+9
CameraSave5=Alt+O,Control+Shift+P
CameraSave6=Alt+M,Control+U
CameraSave7=Alt+N,Control+8
CameraView0=Shift+0
CameraView1=Shift+J
CameraView2=Shift+L
CameraView3=Shift+H
CameraView4=Shift+9
CameraView5=Shift+O,Control+P
CameraView6=Shift+M,Control+I
CameraView7=Shift+N,Control+K


Maybe somebody else has a solution, if this is not working for you.
HellYeaHH
Profile Joined June 2012
Netherlands6 Posts
May 30 2014 08:59 GMT
#6713
I'm getting a new keyboard today or tomorrow, gonna give this thing a go. I tried it yesterday and could barely get my control groups to work. I think I don't need to think about control groups as #1,2,3 but more the location on the keyboard. It's so confusing when you start.
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-30 10:36:41
May 30 2014 09:26 GMT
#6714
@YotCa:Thanks a lot.
I <3 you!, I will be testing 2.0 extensively

Thanks!!!!

Edit: Nevermind, still Broken as hell, example:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Bulgogi
Profile Joined March 2010
United States60 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-30 12:00:10
May 30 2014 11:58 GMT
#6715
I did the work for you Slashiepie. Github is confusing for people who are unfamiliar with it.

Put this file into your C:\User\My Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\######\Hotkeys folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0s9oqrj6uyhe8qy/Core_2_RRM.SC2HOTKEYS
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 30 2014 13:41 GMT
#6716
Yotca, no i dont remember the exact numbers, only the relative ordinals.... I also dont remember how we derived them.

Bulgogi, thanks for helping out slashie . For learning camera keys, checkout Jak's video on the drop defense drill... Which i cant find now . Basically you create a game with a friend, where you keep your screen on top of a unit which you move in a constant square. Then your friend will send medivaks/OL/wp over your first base (and announce that s/he is doing so.) your goal is to use your cam hotkey to go back, select your workers, move them, send your army to the base, reselect the workers, and send em back.

Once that gets easy, add in base 2,3,4,5 (with your opponenet still telling you when and where youll be attacked. Then have them only announce when you will be attacked, but not where. Finally, remove all anouncement.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
endoflaven
Profile Joined April 2014
5 Posts
May 30 2014 16:07 GMT
#6717
Slasher

I was never able to get the files from the Github 'list', it was always some Standard or unbound layout. Github is very confusing to me.

My solution was to click the button on the right for 'download zip' to get every single file, and then get RRM 2.0 in there. It was the only one that actually worked and had the correct keys.
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
May 30 2014 16:39 GMT
#6718
An 'easy' way to get an hotkey file from github is as follows:
Duplicate one of the hotkey files within your SC2 hotkey folder. Now go to the github homepage and click the file you like to download. Now select "Raw" view in the top right corner. Then only the text within the hotkey file is displayed. Now select all (ctrl+A), and copy it (ctrl+C). Now you open up the duplicated hotkey file in your SC2 hotkey folder with a text editor and select all (ctrl+A), then insert the text you copied on github (ctrl+V). Finally you save the file and rename it, if you want to.

At least thats what I used to do.
Bulgogi
Profile Joined March 2010
United States60 Posts
May 30 2014 16:57 GMT
#6719
That's what I do haha.
somesuchnonsense
Profile Joined April 2014
United States19 Posts
May 30 2014 18:32 GMT
#6720
Or just right click on "Raw" and select "Save link as"
Prev 1 334 335 336 337 338 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1593
RotterdaM962
TaKeTV 387
IndyStarCraft 209
SteadfastSC163
ZombieGrub103
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1593
RotterdaM 962
IndyStarCraft 209
SteadfastSC 163
RuFF_SC2 154
MaxPax 138
ZombieGrub103
UpATreeSC 71
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2756
Shuttle 526
Dewaltoss 107
910 71
Mind 61
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4279
pashabiceps1649
Fnx 681
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4594
Liquid`Hasu599
Other Games
Beastyqt768
mouzStarbuck428
ToD183
C9.Mang0156
shahzam110
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 175
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• Eskiya23 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade329
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.