• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7846 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 23

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 900 Next
Timm
Profile Joined February 2011
34 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 12:03:38
February 21 2011 12:03 GMT
#441
On February 21 2011 08:41 Mushmf wrote:
Circus how many matches is to much if you are still in bronze league? I mean I just start to play the game so I wonder when should I progress into silver? Ofc its individually but how many games is to much?


IMO if you are very highly ranked in your division you are probably staying to long.
High rank means you have played more games than almost everyone else in the league, so most people that also play a lot of games are higher up in the leagues.


*edit: it doesnt really matter though, unless you are planning to quit your dayjob.
Kavas
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia3421 Posts
February 21 2011 12:07 GMT
#442
Two questions:
How do you defend a proxy two gate if you 14 gas and 14 pool?

Does contaminate (the overseer skill) prevent the command centre from gathering energy and using its abilities?
zergrushkekeke
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia241 Posts
February 21 2011 12:25 GMT
#443
On February 21 2011 21:07 Kavas wrote:
Two questions:
How do you defend a proxy two gate if you 14 gas and 14 pool?

Does contaminate (the overseer skill) prevent the command centre from gathering energy and using its abilities?

1. scout their base earlier and see no buildings, get some spine action and run by a few lings to hit their drones

2. no, the buildings that are contaminated still gain energy.
KEKEKE
HardCorey
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States709 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 17:02:22
February 21 2011 17:02 GMT
#444
On February 21 2011 21:07 Kavas wrote:
Two questions:
How do you defend a proxy two gate if you 14 gas and 14 pool?

Does contaminate (the overseer skill) prevent the command centre from gathering energy and using its abilities?



As the above said it still gains energy. Same as the nexus. Chronoboost, and Orbital command abilities can still be used. Contaminate only halts production/upgrades.
Don't Worry, Be Happy.
Spiffaz
Profile Joined December 2010
51 Posts
February 21 2011 18:26 GMT
#445
How does the medivac AI work? Does it try and keep the maximum number of units alive, does it focus on near-dead units first, or maybe last?

Example: If I HT Storm in the middle of a marine ball, doing lots of damage to some marines, and a little damage to other marines, how does the medivac AI respond?
Overpowered
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic764 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-22 12:41:39
February 21 2011 20:36 GMT
#446
I have been trying 1gate FE lately and I think it is completely awesome build, but there are two situations when I have difficulties. I have checked kcdc´s thread and there wasnt enough info about this.

a) Mech play. For example some marine helion early pushes. I can hold it off without bigger losses, but then siege tanks, thors, ghosts etc. and sometimes even ravens finish me off, because they expand behind this and turtle up little bit so I can punish them. I think my main problem is my composition, so, which units I should favor - Zealots or Stalkers? I am always Zealot heavy and that may be my problem.

b) Banshees. I always try to get Robo reasonably fast for detection, but Terran always micros them away, snipes pylons and probes and then suddenly attacks with marines. Same question as above - what should I make? Phoenixes seem to fragile and they arent that effective in big battles.

I hope these were simple enough, thanks!
Just another gold Protoss...
Mythito
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada230 Posts
February 22 2011 13:27 GMT
#447
On February 22 2011 03:26 Spiffaz wrote:
How does the medivac AI work? Does it try and keep the maximum number of units alive, does it focus on near-dead units first, or maybe last?

Example: If I HT Storm in the middle of a marine ball, doing lots of damage to some marines, and a little damage to other marines, how does the medivac AI respond?



I could be wrong but I *believe* medivacs will heal the closest unit first, then the next closest and so on, always healing to max health
Did everything just taste purple for a second?
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
February 22 2011 16:30 GMT
#448
On February 22 2011 05:36 Overpowered wrote:
I have been trying 1gate FE lately and I think it is completely awesome build, but there are two situations when I have difficulties. I have checked kcdc´s thread and there wasnt enough info about this.

a) Mech play. For example some marine helion early pushes. I can hold it off without bigger losses, but then siege tanks, thors, ghosts etc. and sometimes even ravens finish me off, because they expand behind this and turtle up little bit so I can punish them. I think my main problem is my composition, so, which units I should favor - Zealots or Stalkers? I am always Zealot heavy and that may be my problem.

b) Banshees. I always try to get Robo reasonably fast for detection, but Terran always micros them away, snipes pylons and probes and then suddenly attacks with marines. Same question as above - what should I make? Phoenixes seem to fragile and they arent that effective in big battles.

I hope these were simple enough, thanks!


A. Your unit composition will of course, depend on his. Scout it out and if you see he's heavy on Hellions, then Stalkers will be more powerful in that situation. Vice versa if you see Tanks and Thors, Chargelots + Immortals are excellent at dealing with both. However, since tanks have splash, you want you be careful of where you engage and how. It's better to keep an observer on top of their army and attack when you see the tanks unsieged. Stargate compositions do extremely well against Mech as well. Phoenix can lift tanks so that your ground can move in, and Void Rays do extra damage to everything.

B. Phoenix are great against banshees but you don't want to get too many if you feel that the Terran won't be massing them. As long as you keep your stalker army moving around and have an obs following the banshee around, you should be able to shut down the harass. If you really feel like you can't keep up, a couple cannons in the mineral lines will shut the harass down completely.

You should also be aware of the gas expenditure of the Terran. 1 Base cloaked banshee will spend all of his gas with little room to deviate elsewhere, so you'll most likely be dealing with a very marine heavy army following up the harass. The best way to deal with that in the current stage of that game is a healthy Gateway composition, favoring a little more heavily on Zealots. A few Sentries with Guardian Shield and forcefields to cut their army in half should be more than enough to deal with it.

On February 22 2011 22:27 Mythito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 03:26 Spiffaz wrote:
How does the medivac AI work? Does it try and keep the maximum number of units alive, does it focus on near-dead units first, or maybe last?

Example: If I HT Storm in the middle of a marine ball, doing lots of damage to some marines, and a little damage to other marines, how does the medivac AI respond?



I could be wrong but I *believe* medivacs will heal the closest unit first, then the next closest and so on, always healing to max health


This is exactly how it works down the the hair

Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
Spiffaz
Profile Joined December 2010
51 Posts
February 22 2011 18:02 GMT
#449
Thanks myth and syn!
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
February 22 2011 19:20 GMT
#450
There was a post a while up about putting your marines in your ally's bunker with shared control. It's not possible, unless they've changed it in the last couple months. The answer given in the thread was that it IS possible.

My question is:

Why do people seem to suggest that armor upgrades for protoss should be prioritized over shields ? The increased armor has no effect until after the shields are completely wiped out, so it would seem that shields would derive benefit first. Not only that, but shields regenerate. The only thing I can think of is based on the amount of life vs. shields a unit has, but for the bulk of the army, shields are significant. Also, shield upgrades are slightly more expensive, but it seems to me that shield upgrades would be more beneficial than they are given credit for.
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
February 22 2011 19:48 GMT
#451
On February 23 2011 04:20 Kaitlin wrote:
There was a post a while up about putting your marines in your ally's bunker with shared control. It's not possible, unless they've changed it in the last couple months. The answer given in the thread was that it IS possible.

My question is:

Why do people seem to suggest that armor upgrades for protoss should be prioritized over shields ? The increased armor has no effect until after the shields are completely wiped out, so it would seem that shields would derive benefit first. Not only that, but shields regenerate. The only thing I can think of is based on the amount of life vs. shields a unit has, but for the bulk of the army, shields are significant. Also, shield upgrades are slightly more expensive, but it seems to me that shield upgrades would be more beneficial than they are given credit for.


You said it yourself. It's simply because the Health/Shield ratio is in favor of health, therefore armor gives more benefit because it has a larger pool to cover. In builds that rely heavily on indirect engagement, shields may be more beneficial because you are able to get out of combat for the shields to recharge, and shields will let you take a few more hits before your units actually start to take damage.

However, in most scenarios you are engaging where one army will trump the other, and this is a situation where you are in constant combat, so shield regeneration is not applicable. Also, most Protoss units already have base 1 armor, so the additional armor makes those units that much beefier. Since massed tier 1 units like Marines and Zerglings do quick, low damage attacks, taking 1 more damage off of that makes it so that your Zealots and Stalkers have a much higher percentage of survivability.
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
ZeroTalent
Profile Joined December 2010
United States297 Posts
February 22 2011 23:15 GMT
#452
On February 15 2011 05:52 ZeroTalent wrote:
Also mechanics and not strategy ... how do I tell an SCV to auto-repair a not-yet full bunker? If I right-click on it it just goes into the bunker.


So, I'm still not sure if right-click actually sets an SCV to auto-repair something. However lately my solution has been to put the SCVs on patrol behind the bunker and right-click "repair" to set them to auto-repair. This does what I meant ... even if there are hostile units on the patrol path the AI will repair the bunker rather than attack the hostiles.

Follow-up: is there a hotkey for auto-repair? Or do you have to right-click the repair icon?
Can we get an official definition of "all-in"? Please?
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
February 23 2011 00:45 GMT
#453
On February 23 2011 08:15 ZeroTalent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2011 05:52 ZeroTalent wrote:
Also mechanics and not strategy ... how do I tell an SCV to auto-repair a not-yet full bunker? If I right-click on it it just goes into the bunker.


So, I'm still not sure if right-click actually sets an SCV to auto-repair something. However lately my solution has been to put the SCVs on patrol behind the bunker and right-click "repair" to set them to auto-repair. This does what I meant ... even if there are hostile units on the patrol path the AI will repair the bunker rather than attack the hostiles.

Follow-up: is there a hotkey for auto-repair? Or do you have to right-click the repair icon?


If you mouse over the icon, it should tell you. I believe it's CTRL+R....

Either way, if you want your SCV to repair the bunker, simply press R and click it. That'll do the trick ^^
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
entrust
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland196 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 01:14:05
February 23 2011 01:13 GMT
#454
1st post hello!
I'm sure it was somewhere else before, but I couldn't find it.

What happens to my minerals when for example my probe is carrying crystal and I send it to gather gas? The probe is getting out with gas animation on it. So what is it giving me 4+ gas and +5 minerals this time? Or is crystal lost and I only get gas?
nyc863
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
200 Posts
February 23 2011 01:41 GMT
#455
I have simple questions on gas micro..

I find putting workers on gas to be one of the slowest parts of my APM. I'm wondering if there are any techniques to aim for. There are several problems.

a/ construct two gas with two workers then returning at the right time to allocate 4 more workers, two to each, efficiently..

b/ can you really see at a glance if you have 2 or 4 workers on gas? I mean, at a glance, not watching it for a second. Or is it quicker to click gas, and read the number..

c/ is it a terrible habit to grab two workers prior to a gas finishing and sic them on the building knowing you often forget, or are late allocating the 2 after construction.
nyc863
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
200 Posts
February 23 2011 01:42 GMT
#456
On February 23 2011 10:13 entrust wrote:
1st post hello!
I'm sure it was somewhere else before, but I couldn't find it.

What happens to my minerals when for example my probe is carrying crystal and I send it to gather gas? The probe is getting out with gas animation on it. So what is it giving me 4+ gas and +5 minerals this time? Or is crystal lost and I only get gas?


I believe the crystal is lost, as it vanishes and is replaced by a gas blob.
Obaten
Profile Joined December 2010
United States730 Posts
February 23 2011 01:44 GMT
#457
Is there any way to get rid of the menu/message log/help buttons on the top of the screen during the game? It's annoying when I try to click something at the top of the screen and end up opening a menu.
-AtRi-
Profile Joined December 2010
123 Posts
February 23 2011 02:07 GMT
#458
i wasnt sure if this deserved its own thread or not... SoO ill post it here to be safe ^_^

I have a tough time with muta/roach in ZvZ. Its weird because i Never see ProS go muta, Which makes me think there is some obvious Way to deal with this that i am missing. Im also afraid to make too many hydras, because then i will lose to pure roach. Help? Im gold leauge btw.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 23 2011 02:20 GMT
#459
On February 23 2011 11:07 0AtRi0 wrote:
i wasnt sure if this deserved its own thread or not... SoO ill post it here to be safe ^_^

I have a tough time with muta/roach in ZvZ. Its weird because i Never see ProS go muta, Which makes me think there is some obvious Way to deal with this that i am missing. Im also afraid to make too many hydras, because then i will lose to pure roach. Help? Im gold leauge btw.


Did he fast-expand?
The beauty of Mutas is to get map-control, so generally you have to check the numbers in my honest opinion: is he getting more mutas, or more roaches.

Or better yet: trying Roach with Infestors and get those fungals down. This will dispel the speed and use of mutas and will show his roach count to be lower than yours.

Additionally: static defense to prevent muta harassment and infested terrans are equal alternatives that hardly deter your roach count.

No one said 3 queens on each base isn't a bad idea either.

Give those a shot and let me know how it fairs out.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 23 2011 02:27 GMT
#460
On February 23 2011 10:44 Obaten wrote:
Is there any way to get rid of the menu/message log/help buttons on the top of the screen during the game? It's annoying when I try to click something at the top of the screen and end up opening a menu.


Happens to me a lot.
No there isn't sadly. Try to boost the sensitive of your screen moving when reaching the edge and just focus on centering.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
Codebar 21
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1006
Soma 978
Mini 873
actioN 449
Rush 412
Horang2 354
Light 331
Larva 314
BeSt 297
Stork 289
[ Show more ]
Snow 232
ggaemo 221
hero 182
Killer 132
Barracks 117
firebathero 114
Zeus 100
Sea.KH 78
Aegong 71
Mong 69
JYJ 66
soO 46
Sharp 46
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 37
Dewaltoss 28
Bale 27
Shine 22
Sexy 19
Sacsri 17
sorry 17
Rock 16
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
Icarus 10
JulyZerg 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7562
qojqva1701
Dendi777
XaKoH 400
420jenkins78
Counter-Strike
Fnx 711
kRYSTAL_115
edward54
x6flipin4
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4904
Khaldor461
Other Games
gofns44400
singsing1735
B2W.Neo856
byalli555
Lowko389
DeMusliM210
mouzStarbuck176
Livibee170
Liquid`VortiX163
KnowMe142
ArmadaUGS113
Mlord61
amsayoshi25
Railgan21
Chillindude18
Trikslyr0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV258
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• mYiSmile114
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV388
League of Legends
• Nemesis2079
• Jankos1711
• TFBlade556
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 18m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.