• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7846 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 22

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 900 Next
Soleron
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1324 Posts
February 20 2011 10:36 GMT
#421
When I do the hold-position zealot wall in PvZ, if I want to get a probe out, I have to move the zealot away, select the probe to go through, move the zealot back and reselect hold position. Some replays I've seen just have the probe pass straight through the zealot. Is there an easier way to do this?
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 13:58:46
February 20 2011 13:58 GMT
#422
On February 20 2011 19:36 Soleron wrote:
When I do the hold-position zealot wall in PvZ, if I want to get a probe out, I have to move the zealot away, select the probe to go through, move the zealot back and reselect hold position. Some replays I've seen just have the probe pass straight through the zealot. Is there an easier way to do this?


Click on a mineral field with the probe, it will pass through the zealot.
OGS:levelchange
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 14:02:36
February 20 2011 14:01 GMT
#423
On February 20 2011 17:40 eggXILE wrote:
I have a few question.

1. Is there an easy way to chrono boost all Warpgates?
I usually select Nexus, hit 'Z', click WG, again select Nexus, hit'Z' and click WG... But in some rep, toss seems to boost all at a moment.

2. Why does a scout worker gather enemy's mineral?
Around 1:15~ in this rep. Although toss probe gathers zerg's mineral, he doesn't grab mineral. Well, I guess it is something like harrass. But I don't know what it is.


1. Hold 'Z' and click on the warp gates. I'm not a toss player, but i remember that doing it your way, "Z" then click, won't deselect the nexus, allowing you to press "Z" again and hit another warp gate. Nonetheless, holding "Z" should work.

2. It's harass. Only 1 worker can be on a mineral field at one time, so if your worker is 'mining' it, the opponent's worker will go and find another patch, delaying it.
OGS:levelchange
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
February 20 2011 14:10 GMT
#424
Right now, as a Terran player getting better each game, my biggest problem is spending my money after I expand, especially after I take my third. I don't know exactly what/how many structures I can support with respect to the number of bases I take. If someone could help me about that I'd be really happy.

Let's say I'm playing TvZ, and I'm going Tank/Marine/Medivac with some Thors sprinkled in. On how many structures should I be on 3 bases? After I expand once, I add another factory (that makes 2) and I am on 5-6 barracks. However, after I take my third,I really don't know what to do and my money skyrockets.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
February 20 2011 22:32 GMT
#425
I'm not sure there is an answer to this other than it's f*ing random, since I've tried to figure this out by testing against the computer, but here goes. When you build a control group of all stalkers, for example, what is the basis for the ordering in the wireframes ? I'm not talking about ordering between different unit types, just all of the same. I have tried to make a control group, then added one newly warped in stalker, and they tend to get added toward the front, but not first, necessarily. I've then killed that unit, and repeated, and it's added in a different place. Any explanation other than random ? I guess I'm just trying to get a handle on linking in my mind somehow the wireframes to where they are on the map, but I'm guessing it's not possible.
Mushmf
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden7 Posts
February 20 2011 23:41 GMT
#426
Circus how many matches is to much if you are still in bronze league? I mean I just start to play the game so I wonder when should I progress into silver? Ofc its individually but how many games is to much?
Does that tactic even work outside bronze league? - ME
nrage
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands75 Posts
February 20 2011 23:52 GMT
#427
Why do I never see Zerg players throwing tons of infested terrans in the battlefield against me (Terran)? They do decent dps and you have to focus fire all of them down which is basically impossible?
qazqwezxc
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada91 Posts
February 20 2011 23:58 GMT
#428
How come i never see reaper scout used anymore in professional games or whatnot? Isn't it more beneficial to send a reaper in rather then sending a hellion (usually you can only see composition, never tech structures?) or scan (that could be a quick access to 270 minerals?). If reapers theoretically should be used, where or when do they fit in as the late scout?
quaunaut
Profile Joined November 2010
United States3 Posts
February 21 2011 00:19 GMT
#429
What is the double forge build? I'm gonna guess you build two forges somewhere in it, but beyond that I have no clue timings or anything, and searches on Google and TL don't say anything D:
Mystogun
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States392 Posts
February 21 2011 00:45 GMT
#430
On February 21 2011 09:19 quaunaut wrote:
What is the double forge build? I'm gonna guess you build two forges somewhere in it, but beyond that I have no clue timings or anything, and searches on Google and TL don't say anything D:


The double forge build is an amazing PvT build popularized by Tyler and iNcontroL. You basically stick to gateway production until you get 2/2 upgrades and from there you can tech to either colossus or high templar.

The version I've been using is

Gate
Robo
Gate
Gate
and Nexus right when my observer gets out. I build zealots and sentries for the most part, and the sentries allow for the build up of minerals that lets you expand. The observer goes to your opponents base, and if you see that your opponent is going to attack you pretty soon, you're free to cancel your nexus and you maintain the production of three gates and a robo. If your opponent is looking to play a macro game, keep the nexus and drop two forges whenever you can. Constant chronoboost on the two forges is essential, as it lets you get to 2/2 super fast.
"What I'm sayin' is that there are known knowns and there are known unknowns, but there's also unknown unknowns, things that we don't know we don't know." | SC2: NoiSe.730 | LoL: Galladiator
quaunaut
Profile Joined November 2010
United States3 Posts
February 21 2011 01:08 GMT
#431
On February 21 2011 08:52 nrage wrote:
Why do I never see Zerg players throwing tons of infested terrans in the battlefield against me (Terran)? They do decent dps and you have to focus fire all of them down which is basically impossible?


Primarily because they might not have gotten the infestors out too long before, and want to save their energy for Fungal Growth, which you really can't go without.
curreh
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia265 Posts
February 21 2011 01:29 GMT
#432
hey guys would anybody be able to help me with using the f keys for camera positions? I've heard lots of talk about it, I've never played bw myself or used them in sc2 so I'd like to understand it, like when and where to use it, thanks! ^_^
SlayerS Hwaiting! : )
closey
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong272 Posts
February 21 2011 01:35 GMT
#433
Quick 'fun' question!

What happens if you neural parasite a stalker...and blink it!?
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Mystogun
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States392 Posts
February 21 2011 02:27 GMT
#434
On February 21 2011 10:29 curreh wrote:
hey guys would anybody be able to help me with using the f keys for camera positions? I've heard lots of talk about it, I've never played bw myself or used them in sc2 so I'd like to understand it, like when and where to use it, thanks! ^_^


The F keys are used to remember locations, so basically you can save the location of each nexus to a different F key. For example if you wanted to defend a drop happening at your natural, instead of clicking on the minimap you could press F3 once and be there!
"What I'm sayin' is that there are known knowns and there are known unknowns, but there's also unknown unknowns, things that we don't know we don't know." | SC2: NoiSe.730 | LoL: Galladiator
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
February 21 2011 03:08 GMT
#435
I wouldn't use them for Nexus positions as that functionality is already there with the Backspace key. However, your backdoor rocks, warp-in locations, other expansion locations where you have a zergling, possibly, might all be possible uses. Also, the Xel'naga towers ?
Cuh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States403 Posts
February 21 2011 04:30 GMT
#436
Can you warp in units on a ledge where you have no vision?
MarineKing | Nestea | MC
HardCorey
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States709 Posts
February 21 2011 04:35 GMT
#437
On February 21 2011 13:30 Cuh wrote:
Can you warp in units on a ledge where you have no vision?


No, you need vision to warp in units.

If the pylon is on the high ground over looking a ledge then obviously you can warp in because that gives you vision.
Don't Worry, Be Happy.
HardCorey
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States709 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 04:37:25
February 21 2011 04:37 GMT
#438
On February 21 2011 10:35 closey wrote:
Quick 'fun' question!

What happens if you neural parasite a stalker...and blink it!?


If it goes out of range the neural parasite is ceased. Stays in range you maintain control.
Don't Worry, Be Happy.
closey
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 08:57:52
February 21 2011 04:57 GMT
#439
Question! What is the actual damage hit of an unupgraded void ray on a naked target(no armor) when charged up? Is it done by a modifier (times "X") or a constant (plus "X") or a faster rate of fire(lower weapon cooldown)?

Where can you find it out (I'm not sure if liqupedia's information is updated after the so many changes on the void ray)
Rock, Paper, Scissors
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
February 21 2011 09:28 GMT
#440
On February 21 2011 13:57 closey wrote:
Question! What is the actual damage hit of an unupgraded void ray on a naked target(no armor) when charged up? Is it done by a modifier (times "X") or a constant (plus "X") or a faster rate of fire(lower weapon cooldown)?

Where can you find it out (I'm not sure if liqupedia's information is updated after the so many changes on the void ray)


The liquidpedia page appears to be updated
OGS:levelchange
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
Codebar 21
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1006
Soma 978
Mini 873
actioN 449
Rush 412
Horang2 354
Light 331
Larva 314
BeSt 297
Stork 289
[ Show more ]
Snow 232
ggaemo 221
hero 182
Killer 132
Barracks 117
firebathero 114
Zeus 100
Sea.KH 78
Aegong 71
Mong 69
JYJ 66
soO 46
Sharp 46
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 37
Dewaltoss 28
Bale 27
Shine 22
Sexy 19
Sacsri 17
sorry 17
Rock 16
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
Icarus 10
JulyZerg 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7562
qojqva1701
Dendi777
XaKoH 400
420jenkins78
Counter-Strike
Fnx 711
kRYSTAL_115
edward54
x6flipin4
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4904
Khaldor461
Other Games
gofns44400
singsing1735
B2W.Neo856
byalli555
Lowko389
DeMusliM210
mouzStarbuck176
Livibee170
Liquid`VortiX163
KnowMe142
ArmadaUGS113
Mlord61
amsayoshi25
Railgan21
Chillindude18
Trikslyr0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV258
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• mYiSmile114
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV388
League of Legends
• Nemesis2079
• Jankos1711
• TFBlade556
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 18m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.