• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:26
CEST 22:26
KST 05:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8798 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 21

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 900 Next
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
February 18 2011 04:20 GMT
#401
On February 18 2011 06:15 vlnplyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2011 16:06 Spiffaz wrote:
If I put two chrono boosts on something, say zealot speed, what happens? Does it give me 40 seconds instead of 20?



Didn't see this answered. No, chronoboost does not stack whatsoever. If you start one and then start another 5 seconds later, the total duration is 25 seconds. It also will not go at 2x the speed of a regular CB.


I'm not sure this answered your question. You CAN double chrono something and get the benefit of both, as long as you wait for the first chrono to finish before activating the second. The thing to remember with Chronoboost is that it does 30 seconds of work in 20 seconds. So, for Zealot speed, which takes 140 seconds, if you chrono it twice, it would take 120 seconds. You could chrono it actually 4 times reducing it to 100 seconds without wasting any chrono.
ThunderAPEX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States35 Posts
February 18 2011 06:01 GMT
#402
Is there a hotkey to "flip" the units page when you have over 24 units selected?
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
February 18 2011 19:38 GMT
#403
Can someone explain in great detail why Zerg is disadvantaged if on the same number of bases as the opponent Protoss?

Focusing on an individual base, both players will have it saturated around the same time (close enough) and have the same income rate. If they have the same income rate, why is the resulting Protoss army so much more superior to the Zerg? If the answer is because Protoss units are a lot more cost effective, is this to say that the Zerg "should" always be behind in resources lost and that's totally standard?

Any why is it ok for a Protoss to be on the same number of bases as a Terran? Income tabs will show the Terran have far superior economy due to mules, yet the Protoss is comfortable being on the same amount of bases and the resulting armies are often relatively evenly matched?

Basically, why is Zerg weaker per base vs Toss/Terran(no mules) if their income is the same? And why is Toss equal vs Terran per base when Terran's economy is always so much higher due to mules?
BadWolf0
Profile Joined September 2010
United States300 Posts
February 18 2011 19:39 GMT
#404
Is there a hotkey to "flip" the units page when you have over 24 units selected?


dunno if you mean just cycle through pages but thats tab by default. Or actually that will just switch between different types of units. So the answer to your question is no i guess? but the tab thing is helpful sometimes. Learning to control large groups of units through multiple hotkeys is really helpful/hard though :/
All hail the Queen!!!
MuteZephyr
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania448 Posts
February 19 2011 00:12 GMT
#405
Is there any way to rotate my buildings for placement? I was sure there wasn't, but one of my opponents in a replay has their factory sideways so as to fit in the wall better. I was pretty blown away by this, how did he do this?
I don't Micro, I FEMTO. That's 9 orders of magnitude more extreme.
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 02:55:35
February 19 2011 02:54 GMT
#406
On February 19 2011 09:12 MuteZephyr wrote:
Is there any way to rotate my buildings for placement? I was sure there wasn't, but one of my opponents in a replay has their factory sideways so as to fit in the wall better. I was pretty blown away by this, how did he do this?


Wait...Terran buildings are 3x3. It'd be the same any way you put it....
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
MuteZephyr
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania448 Posts
February 19 2011 04:10 GMT
#407
On February 19 2011 11:54 Synystyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 09:12 MuteZephyr wrote:
Is there any way to rotate my buildings for placement? I was sure there wasn't, but one of my opponents in a replay has their factory sideways so as to fit in the wall better. I was pretty blown away by this, how did he do this?


Wait...Terran buildings are 3x3. It'd be the same any way you put it....

Right, but it was oriented to keep the weak addon inside the wall as opposed to being part of it.
I don't Micro, I FEMTO. That's 9 orders of magnitude more extreme.
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
February 19 2011 06:09 GMT
#408
I don't think it's possible.... share the replay?
OGS:levelchange
marines2231
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia14 Posts
February 19 2011 10:38 GMT
#409
I am currently in the diamond terran and I have never really known how many production facilities a certain amount of bases can support. I only just started to realise a lot of my big losses/wins were all due to the amount of production facilities compared to the amount of mining bases I had. What is the optimal amount of barracks/factory/starport for 1,2,3 mining bases in general?
Mythito
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada230 Posts
February 19 2011 15:12 GMT
#410
On February 19 2011 04:38 tuestresfat wrote:
Can someone explain in great detail why Zerg is disadvantaged if on the same number of bases as the opponent Protoss?

Focusing on an individual base, both players will have it saturated around the same time (close enough) and have the same income rate. If they have the same income rate, why is the resulting Protoss army so much more superior to the Zerg? If the answer is because Protoss units are a lot more cost effective, is this to say that the Zerg "should" always be behind in resources lost and that's totally standard?

Any why is it ok for a Protoss to be on the same number of bases as a Terran? Income tabs will show the Terran have far superior economy due to mules, yet the Protoss is comfortable being on the same amount of bases and the resulting armies are often relatively evenly matched?

Basically, why is Zerg weaker per base vs Toss/Terran(no mules) if their income is the same? And why is Toss equal vs Terran per base when Terran's economy is always so much higher due to mules?



because this game is about variety.. if every race was equal in every way it would be boring as hell, imagine if the only match up was TvT..

as it stands the match ups are nearly 50% win/loss ratio almost perfectly balanced in every league including masters which means zerg aren't "weaker" theyre just "different"
Did everything just taste purple for a second?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 19:10:38
February 19 2011 19:09 GMT
#411
On February 19 2011 19:38 marines2231 wrote:
I am currently in the diamond terran and I have never really known how many production facilities a certain amount of bases can support. I only just started to realise a lot of my big losses/wins were all due to the amount of production facilities compared to the amount of mining bases I had. What is the optimal amount of barracks/factory/starport for 1,2,3 mining bases in general?


The simple answer to this is if your money is piling up, there's a strong call for either: 1. Higher-tech units or B. More production facilities.

As you get more SCVs, you get more minerals and thus your production needs to keep up. So when you see your money piling, start more production facilities.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
February 19 2011 21:45 GMT
#412
On February 20 2011 00:12 Mythito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 04:38 tuestresfat wrote:
Can someone explain in great detail why Zerg is disadvantaged if on the same number of bases as the opponent Protoss?

Focusing on an individual base, both players will have it saturated around the same time (close enough) and have the same income rate. If they have the same income rate, why is the resulting Protoss army so much more superior to the Zerg? If the answer is because Protoss units are a lot more cost effective, is this to say that the Zerg "should" always be behind in resources lost and that's totally standard?

Any why is it ok for a Protoss to be on the same number of bases as a Terran? Income tabs will show the Terran have far superior economy due to mules, yet the Protoss is comfortable being on the same amount of bases and the resulting armies are often relatively evenly matched?

Basically, why is Zerg weaker per base vs Toss/Terran(no mules) if their income is the same? And why is Toss equal vs Terran per base when Terran's economy is always so much higher due to mules?



because this game is about variety.. if every race was equal in every way it would be boring as hell, imagine if the only match up was TvT..

as it stands the match ups are nearly 50% win/loss ratio almost perfectly balanced in every league including masters which means zerg aren't "weaker" theyre just "different"

I don't think you understood my question. I am perfectly fine with Zerg having different mechanics, I was wondering if someone could explain the mechanics I specified to me.

Why is Zerg weaker on one base? I'm not complaining that they shouldn't be, or questioning why they indeed are, I'm asking what is it about one base that makes them weaker than say a Protoss? A saturated Zerg base yields the same income as a Protoss, so why is the resulting Zerg army weaker? Why is the Protoss army always higher in resource value? Are protoss/terran units more cost efficient? Is that the cause? If this is the case, shouldn't the 'resource lost' tab always favour the non-Zerg player?
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
February 19 2011 21:49 GMT
#413
On February 19 2011 13:10 MuteZephyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 11:54 Synystyr wrote:
On February 19 2011 09:12 MuteZephyr wrote:
Is there any way to rotate my buildings for placement? I was sure there wasn't, but one of my opponents in a replay has their factory sideways so as to fit in the wall better. I was pretty blown away by this, how did he do this?


Wait...Terran buildings are 3x3. It'd be the same any way you put it....

Right, but it was oriented to keep the weak addon inside the wall as opposed to being part of it.


It had to be just the orientation of the ramp itself. If the ramp opens to the right, then the addon would be part of the wall. If it opens to the left, for example, the addon is on the backside, thus not a part of it. I don't think the building was rotated, but the orientation of the spawning location's ramp opening. The addon is always a 2x2 attached to the right side of the 3x3 buildings. Always.
Zedders
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 22:37:44
February 19 2011 22:31 GMT
#414
this is a SERIOUS question

...is ZvT broken? like actually

to win i need to 6 pool


EDIT: My biggest problem is terran always throws whatever it wants at me regardless of my tech route...just last game I couldnt scout him at all, ovie dies, drones die ling dies to get in....just I CANT SCOUT HIM AT ALL....

So my real question is....what do I build when I can't see what terran has? Mostly I just end up overdroning and then I'm fucked with his first attack

the only times I actually win against terran is if he forgets to leave his wall up, or if i get a really good baneling bust like in the first few mins of the game. But anything other than that. I can have 3 bases/4bases and he can still be on one, and then just mow me down with like 5 tanks and marines...

I don't know if i'm the only one...but I feel like half the terrans I play are WAY worse than me. My apm is way higher (not that it neccesarily is a good thing) my macro is way fucking better, but his units are just....godly as fuck. I even practiced engaging a shit load, and every now and then I get a rREALLY satisfactory battle, and then instantly remax to 200 and attack...but yeah Bunkers...turrets tanks..it's all just so easy for terran.

I know several people who have just given up frustrated with zerg matchups because they can't kill terrans...I don't want to give up on zerg, besides this matchup (and late ZvP) I'm am completely fine and I LOVE playing zerg (yes even when i lose).
Mythito
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada230 Posts
February 19 2011 22:54 GMT
#415
On February 20 2011 06:45 tuestresfat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 00:12 Mythito wrote:
On February 19 2011 04:38 tuestresfat wrote:
Can someone explain in great detail why Zerg is disadvantaged if on the same number of bases as the opponent Protoss?

Focusing on an individual base, both players will have it saturated around the same time (close enough) and have the same income rate. If they have the same income rate, why is the resulting Protoss army so much more superior to the Zerg? If the answer is because Protoss units are a lot more cost effective, is this to say that the Zerg "should" always be behind in resources lost and that's totally standard?

Any why is it ok for a Protoss to be on the same number of bases as a Terran? Income tabs will show the Terran have far superior economy due to mules, yet the Protoss is comfortable being on the same amount of bases and the resulting armies are often relatively evenly matched?

Basically, why is Zerg weaker per base vs Toss/Terran(no mules) if their income is the same? And why is Toss equal vs Terran per base when Terran's economy is always so much higher due to mules?



because this game is about variety.. if every race was equal in every way it would be boring as hell, imagine if the only match up was TvT..

as it stands the match ups are nearly 50% win/loss ratio almost perfectly balanced in every league including masters which means zerg aren't "weaker" theyre just "different"

I don't think you understood my question. I am perfectly fine with Zerg having different mechanics, I was wondering if someone could explain the mechanics I specified to me.

Why is Zerg weaker on one base? I'm not complaining that they shouldn't be, or questioning why they indeed are, I'm asking what is it about one base that makes them weaker than say a Protoss? A saturated Zerg base yields the same income as a Protoss, so why is the resulting Zerg army weaker? Why is the Protoss army always higher in resource value? Are protoss/terran units more cost efficient? Is that the cause? If this is the case, shouldn't the 'resource lost' tab always favour the non-Zerg player?


ah sorry i was mistaken and thought you were just complaining about imbalance..

as for the mechanics of it, it's complicated and hard to really discuss, but your question about the 'resource lost' tab is partially true, it does almost always favour the non zerg. it's easier and cheaper for the zerg to expand and they can drone up or reinforce and army much faster with larvae or move around the map faster; so in return their units have their units have to be less efficient and basically weaker.

it's basically a generic "swarm of cheap, fast units vs small number of expensive, strong units" scenario..

dunno if that helped but i hope it did

also,

this is a SERIOUS question

...is ZvT broken? like actually

to win i need to 6 pool


EDIT: My biggest problem is terran always throws whatever it wants at me regardless of my tech route...just last game I couldnt scout him at all, ovie dies, drones die ling dies to get in....just I CANT SCOUT HIM AT ALL....

So my real question is....what do I build when I can't see what terran has? Mostly I just end up overdroning and then I'm fucked with his first attack


no it's not broken, like i said win rate between terran and zerg is pretty much 50-50.
you need to change the way you play between races, instead of trying to scout INSIDE of his base try scouting his army instead. for instance, if you run a zergling to his front door and he's got a small army and bunkers and turrets then he's probably teching up and you may want air defence/detection, if he's got a big marine force you may want banelings, and to keep a zergling just OUTSIDE or at a xel'naga tower his base to see when he's moving out so you can prepare.

again, hope it helps
Did everything just taste purple for a second?
Crushgroove
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
February 19 2011 23:44 GMT
#416
Can a fungal growth reach the gold mineral lines from a watch tower on Metal?
[In Korea on Vaca] "Why would I go to the park and climb a mountain? There are video games on f*cking TV!" - Kazuke
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 19 2011 23:58 GMT
#417
On February 20 2011 08:44 Crushgroove wrote:
Can a fungal growth reach the gold mineral lines from a watch tower on Metal?


a good part of it.

You can test this yourself you know...
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Rab1
Profile Joined December 2010
United States14 Posts
February 20 2011 02:02 GMT
#418
im trying to keep up with trends in builds that are popular with pros and on ladder...example: i been using one base ling bangling in ZvZ and it seems it doesnt work anymore due to one base roach. is there a tread or place i can goto to keep up with most current openers, builds, and tactics that pros are using in match ups?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 20 2011 04:27 GMT
#419
On February 20 2011 11:02 Rab1 wrote:
im trying to keep up with trends in builds that are popular with pros and on ladder...example: i been using one base ling bangling in ZvZ and it seems it doesnt work anymore due to one base roach. is there a tread or place i can goto to keep up with most current openers, builds, and tactics that pros are using in match ups?


No because those builds are supported by views of the scenario, map, placement/spawn location and the match-up.

Your best bet is the following: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177791
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
eggXILE
Profile Joined September 2010
Japan1 Post
February 20 2011 08:40 GMT
#420
I have a few question.

1. Is there an easy way to chrono boost all Warpgates?
I usually select Nexus, hit 'Z', click WG, again select Nexus, hit'Z' and click WG... But in some rep, toss seems to boost all at a moment.

2. Why does a scout worker gather enemy's mineral?
Around 1:15~ in this rep. Although toss probe gathers zerg's mineral, he doesn't grab mineral. Well, I guess it is something like harrass. But I don't know what it is.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 515
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason8
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Dewaltoss 106
firebathero 90
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 32
NaDa 29
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever172
Counter-Strike
edward87
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3127
Liquid`Hasu2193
Other Games
summit1g6007
B2W.Neo610
Beastyqt602
shahzam396
byalli387
ToD199
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe146
TKL 112
Chillindude19
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV259
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 34m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 34m
Stellar Fest
16h 34m
Stellar Fest
16h 34m
Stellar Fest
16h 34m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.