• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10548 users

[G] 6 Barracks: all-in vs. all races - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Strutswell
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada47 Posts
September 27 2010 08:30 GMT
#21
I was hit by this 'marine rush' once and it did catch me off guard. So I watched the replay and saw this same sort of build order, tried it on my next match and it worked...once lol

Tried to do this in 2v2 but everytime I massed some marines there was already a tank out, probably wasn't quick enough in that case and quickly dropped this tactic from my arsenal. Back to the 1-1-1 tried, tested and true
Why's there a pylon in my base?
hoopaholik91
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30 Posts
September 27 2010 08:47 GMT
#22
The problem I see with this is there is no gas. As Terran, I would see that you had no gas when I was putting my own up at 13, and would automatically be suspicious. I would either sacrifice a probe or use an early scan. And once you scout it and see the cutting of probes it is really easy to stop. Like another poster said, don't you think getting 125 gas for stim would be a lot more effective seeing that the other person would be much more likely to believe you were going with a standard build?
me_viet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1350 Posts
September 27 2010 09:25 GMT
#23
I've tried a variation of this build back in the beta. There was a very nice guide thread for this build (the op got to #1 diamond with it).

The most important thing I've noticed with this build that makes it so hard to stop is that by NOT getting the refinery, your able to plant down a second supply depot relatively early that allows you to block off the scouting worker (unless he sends it earlier than usual).

As a Zerg player, if I ever scout a fully wall-off Terran with my first scouting drone, I would just assume it was cause I scouted late/got delayed w/e. THEN when you scout the no add-on on the Rax, the first thing that pops into my head is "Banshee Cheese". Also since it's a marine based cheese, it's hard to scout with overlords if a player has good base awareness as groups of marines on edge of base are usually able to deny overlords before Z sees much. Again all that's seen is probably 5-6 marines which imo is common for a banshee rush.

As you all know, defending a Banshee Rush as Z, is very different than an all-in marine attack

Don't think I've ever lost with this against my 1k Zerg practice partner when we're doing bo'X'. Note: I'm also a Z 1k player dabbling with T to release stress =P
RapBreon
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia2 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 12:20:00
September 27 2010 12:12 GMT
#24
I did a bit of testing with this build, now I may not have done his build perfectly, but I got the basics down, cutting workers, waiting for 750 to plunk down five rax, then constant production (only alteration I made was a second depot to finish the wall in, before dropping those five rax). At around 7 minutes into a game, you have roughly 23 marines (give or take a few) and 15 workers.

I compared that to a standard T bio opening, 12 rax, 13 gas (in my case I got it at 14), 15 orbital, etc. Getting a tech lab on the first rax then plonking down two more rax (no workers cut at any-time), adding reactors to the second two, I got 11 marines, 4 marauders, plus stim, so a 19 food army in comparasion to a 23 food army. I'd be willing to bet 11 marines and 4 marauders with stim would be more effective than 23 marines.

Considering the fact no workers at any stage were cut, gas was still gotten and there being enough gas to make a factory / expand / ghost academy / second gas, without gimping your economy or tech, I'd say a solid bio opening would be more effective.

My 2 cents from the small amount of testing I did. Could probably squeeze a +1 upgrade in there as well, but that'd be past the first 7 minutes I tested (when the timing push would generally happen).
cyrusdm
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada55 Posts
September 27 2010 12:29 GMT
#25
The problem with builds like this is that they dont make you a better player. Anyone can follow a build order and sure, you'll probably win more than 50% of your games - but it doesn't make you good, and doesn't help you improve. I'm all for people using these 'sometimes', like say in a best of 5 or something. But if you're laddering doing nothing but this you'll end up ranking up to the level at which this wont work, and then you have nothing else to fall back on. You'll have the rank, but it will be undeserved.

But anyways, I digress - from experience this build can be very powerful. I've had it done to me while laddering on two occasions. Wish I could find the replay. One time I got caught with my pants down and didn't have enough stuff to stop it (Xel'naga expansion bit to far away to defend + defend ramp) The other time it happened on metalopolis and I did scout it with a pair of overlords on each side of his main. A quick baneling nest and a nice flank with sling, blings = the attack got crushed and the guy left.

Use it as you see fit I suppose.
Viruuus
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany451 Posts
September 27 2010 12:33 GMT
#26
hey gimpy.
Wanted to drop by and say thank you, since me and a couple of my friends have been using this build a TON in 2on2 3on3 4on4s and weve never lost with it at least in 3on3 and 4on4
Its also easy for my noob friends to pull off (i usually micro the first pack of ~30 marines) and they get the 2nd 3rd pack etc... Its also easily possible to get a refinery after the first 15-20 marines and make 1 techlab for combat shield and some marauders.

We always call this the 6-rax build ( one time a new guy built his rax on 6 lol ) and we all love it alot
So again, thanks to you.
Lee Jae Dong fighting!!!
Phrencys
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada270 Posts
September 27 2010 12:50 GMT
#27
I too would like to try a variation of this with getting 125 gas for stim. Probably would need to cut 1 rax, but ~20 marines with stim or shields definitely sound more dangerous than 23 marines with nothing.

That would also pretty much fix the Stalkers kiting issues.
hoovehand
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom542 Posts
September 27 2010 13:00 GMT
#28
it just seems like a normal cheese build.

if not scouted, you probably win... however:

if the zerg has a couple of lings outside your base, or sac overlord, or has watchtower, he'd have time to get spinecrawlers and banelings out. same goes for T or P opponent, all it takes is a scout unit at bottom of your ramp and they should have enough time to prepare.
EnderCN
Profile Joined May 2010
United States499 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 13:04:32
September 27 2010 13:03 GMT
#29
Someone tried this against me yesterday when I was Zerg on steppes of war. I happened to wall my front with a 2nd hatch and 3 spine crawlers and when the marines reached my front he decided to build a bunch of bunkers and try to contain me while he switched to tanks so I nydus wurmed and wiped out his econ.

Against most of my Zerg builds it would have been really strong though, heh.
Psionith
Profile Joined August 2010
United States35 Posts
September 27 2010 13:32 GMT
#30
I've actually done this opening quite a bit in the past. I still do it once in a while because it's just plain stupid fun to hit someone who's not expecting it with a huge ball of marines. I'd get into it more in-depth, but I'm late for work already... QQ

Here's a couple more replays to check out:

vs toss
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/85883-1v1-terran-protoss-steppes-of-war

vs zerg
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/85882-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns
(in this one I actually "transistion" sort of into marines with stim!. I do also attempt to fake him out by building gas while he's scouting and then not using it.

Now the people in the replays are just plat like myself, but I have had this work in a similar manner against diamond players as well.

I think it's fun, but feels a bit too all-in-ish to do more that once in a while. Success really seems to depend on surprise, which makes it a bit cheesy too. I'd say its still a good opening to have in your arsenal though.
Starcraft - The world's greats spectator sport!
MrArarat
Profile Joined September 2010
Argentina132 Posts
September 27 2010 13:39 GMT
#31
I think that this kind of build, makes both players feel dull, and slowly kills the game...
It sucks.
You suck for using it.
lern2plei

User was temp banned for this post.
Resting on the mountain side...
Onioncookie
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany624 Posts
September 27 2010 13:39 GMT
#32
Its quite amazing ... u can even fake a refinary then cancel it and kill scout with ur first marine its pretty difficoult to scout for zerg and like impossible to scout for P
MegaTerran
Profile Joined September 2010
214 Posts
September 27 2010 13:43 GMT
#33
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=153272

my build is better, cas u waste 150 minz+30minz (worker time) for every rax. its 180 total. reactor is 50/50=100 total.
KirbyToss
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada21 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 13:49:03
September 27 2010 13:47 GMT
#34
Hi.

Very intressting build you have here, instead of going 5rax reapers you have turned it into a 6rax marine push. Something that would intrest me to see would be a reactor addon or tech lab on the first rax. In fact you could build multiple addons and float the rax away so you have 2-3 addons for when your 6rax are done which would put you extreamly behind on ecnomy but this is an allin build in the first place, if your first 2 pushes do not succed in harming him in some way, such as tech, units or workers then you have pretty much lost the game.

The funny thing is with this build is that it is suseptable to early pushes such as queen/roach 1 base expand from the zerg, this build falls prey to early pressure builds du to the fact that your saving all your minerals up for the 5rax to be built at the same time while in the mean time all you have is your wall and 4 marines. Posting up some timmings would really help out your post imo and it would show exactly what early builds would counter this, such as a baneling bust or a early 10gate into 3 gate push from toss.

From my point of view I could see this build becoming a nusience for toss players like myself that tend to go 1gate core into 4gate expand or robo, as I tend only build 2-3 units before my 4 gates with warp are up.

This build also seams like the direct counter to a teir one building expand type of build which quite a few zerg players tend to do.
Kirby(>^_^)>
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
September 27 2010 13:55 GMT
#35
might try it in my next TvT
kinda annoyed by 30min + games
MegaTerran
Profile Joined September 2010
214 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 13:59:15
September 27 2010 13:59 GMT
#36
On September 27 2010 22:55 noD wrote:
might try it in my next TvT
kinda annoyed by 30min + games


i was using 6 rax in beta. its cool. but my new build is better i think. better try it:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=153272
mikell
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia352 Posts
September 27 2010 13:59 GMT
#37
anyone who sees marines is generally going to get a baneling nest, unless they're stubborn.
drone hard
MegaTerran
Profile Joined September 2010
214 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 14:05:15
September 27 2010 14:04 GMT
#38
On September 27 2010 22:59 mikell wrote:
anyone who sees marines is generally going to get a baneling nest, unless they're stubborn.


yes, thats why u need stimpack, cas with stim marines move faster then banelings. and faster then stalkers.
jpaugh78
Profile Joined May 2010
United States179 Posts
September 27 2010 14:15 GMT
#39
On September 27 2010 22:55 noD wrote:
might try it in my next TvT
kinda annoyed by 30min + games

If he can get his SCV in before you wall off, and sees you don't have any gas, a bunker + quick siege tanks will destroy this build. It's probably the weakest against terran simply because of how easily he can scout what is happening with a quick scan. Overall, I still hate the build though. It's nothing but a way to end the game as fast as possible.
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
September 27 2010 14:18 GMT
#40
Did this a lot pre beta. Will occasionally give it a try TvP or TvZ in bo3 or bo5 matches.. but on rare occasion. With proper sentry micro it will lose and exceptional baneline // speedling control can also beat it.

However.. if you can scout a fast expand you secure a win with this.. as with any all in timing push around this time though.


I have been on rare occasions been able to transition into a late game by dropping an expansion during the initial push (only do this if it looks grim, because you're reinforcements will be nonexistent) . But you have to make sure you take down enough probes otherwise you are going to be VERY far behind.

Overall.. its a decent build. Yes you will get wins, Yes you can get 800 diamond with it. But you will not learn anything. You will eventually hit a wall. I've played time and captain waffles using this and they're control is just superior. While it make cut it very close, if you do not win you are going to have quite a blunder.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 657
IntoTheiNu 609
SteadfastSC463
Rex93
CosmosSc2 63
EnkiAlexander 52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 463
UpATreeSC 114
Rex 93
CosmosSc2 63
BRAT_OK 56
MindelVK 13
Codebar 12
JuggernautJason8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40638
Jaedong 1442
Soma 760
Hyuk 750
Mini 485
BeSt 445
Larva 353
Rush 291
Soulkey 252
ZerO 238
[ Show more ]
Snow 166
hero 112
Dewaltoss 86
Liquid`Ret 61
Mind 41
sorry 28
yabsab 27
Killer 25
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 19
Terrorterran 15
Trap 15
Dota 2
qojqva1227
Dendi808
Counter-Strike
Fnx 742
fl0m543
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3621
crisheroes2301
Khaldor1960
Liquid`Hasu500
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1724
byalli465
B2W.Neo440
ceh9386
KnowMe120
QueenE97
Trikslyr42
Chillindude39
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Adnapsc2 6
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3609
League of Legends
• TFBlade945
Other Games
• imaqtpie837
• Shiphtur323
• WagamamaTV246
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 26m
OSC
19h 26m
Stellar Fest
19h 26m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.