• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:11
CEST 18:11
KST 01:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11741 users

Answering Terran Questions - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24 25 Next All
Papajan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States15 Posts
September 13 2010 19:24 GMT
#81
How do you deal with good muta harass? It seems like marines just get outrun (unless stimmed) and I slowly lose one building or some workers here and there. Turrets don't really seems like an option if it's a 5 muta harass.

When walling off vs zerg, how do you deal with the problem of needing different sorts of walls vs early pool and vs banelings? If you're in a bad starting position, baneling-proof walls prevent tech labs.

How do you maintain map vision/control vs zerg? Any suggestions at breaking out of being contained to 1 base? It seems like a lot of zerg players either have mutas, which prevent me from expanding, or else have a ground force outside my main.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 19:24 GMT
#82
On September 14 2010 04:20 dudeman001 wrote:
Yosho, I have a question for Diamond level play:

What do you do to punish Protoss for getting a fast expo followed by 4gate + robo.? It feels like 4gate's incredible aggression potential is used as a defensive measure instead of offense, and an attack on the Protoss (be it 3rax mmg or 1/1/1) comes too late to take down the nexus or deliver a killing blow.


Go straight for a helion drop maybe,

I have countered this by dropping units in their main and sniping them. My 9 rax 10 depo build counters this on 2 playered maps, on 4 player maps, expo fast as well or go a very early attack. planning for early aggression with the capability to fall back and not die is usually good.

Scout it. go all in with an army + scvs sometimes work.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 19:25 GMT
#83
On September 14 2010 04:20 AraqirG wrote:
I've been 9 raxing since early in the beta. You are best off going for

9 rax
10 depot
11 OC
11 marine
12 gas

Since you are cutting scvs for the earlier rax, you want the orbital ASAP to make up for the missing scvs.

The timings work out well. You'll have ~150 minerals when the rax and depot finish (they finish around the same time).

This 9 rax build is only slightly less economical than a 12 rax. You can a thread about it here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=124014





That's the same build I do Never read your thread though.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 19:25 GMT
#84
On September 14 2010 04:20 KaiserJohan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 04:11 Vegasminion wrote:
On September 14 2010 04:07 KaiserJohan wrote:
On September 14 2010 03:49 Vegasminion wrote:
On September 14 2010 03:47 Moja wrote:
What is your preferred unit composition against muta/ling/baneling in the midgame on a standard map (say xel naga caverns or cross positions on metalopolis)?

On those maps, do you like to fast expand (build cc before 30 food)? If so how do you hold it against early pressure (specifically vs zerg)?

In TvT, how do you play against tank-viking?

What's your favorite unit in SC2?


I like to go with hellions and marines + thors, it's my favorite composition. I sometimes go thor marauder hellion viking, not as viable but it really messes with their heads.

I greatly enjoy tank - viking, I add marines and I have a really solid play as it, I never lose when someone differs as I am well practiced. I try to confuse the player with multiple battles as multi tasking is a strong suit of mine.

My favorite unit is the mutalisk.


About the hellion/rine/thor; how... are you supposed to survive the blings?


Harass lings early on if they don't go roaches,

Move the marines behind the hor when the lings / banelings arrive and the hellions up front, if he only has lings / blings / muta you can move the hellions behind too, it's a mow down.


Can you upload a replay doing that? I just have a hard time imagining it :p


I will upload replays when I have access to my other computer that I use to play on. At this moment I don't.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 19:28 GMT
#85
On September 14 2010 04:24 Papajan wrote:
How do you deal with good muta harass? It seems like marines just get outrun (unless stimmed) and I slowly lose one building or some workers here and there. Turrets don't really seems like an option if it's a 5 muta harass.

When walling off vs zerg, how do you deal with the problem of needing different sorts of walls vs early pool and vs banelings? If you're in a bad starting position, baneling-proof walls prevent tech labs.

How do you maintain map vision/control vs zerg? Any suggestions at breaking out of being contained to 1 base? It seems like a lot of zerg players either have mutas, which prevent me from expanding, or else have a ground force outside my main.


2 turrets spread out behind mineral line, 1 in front of CC , 1 in unit production facility + a thor. marines to snipe out muta's if they go near thor.

They don't prevent my tech labs as I place more buildings behind it, sometimes depo's, sometimes other stuff.

Try to get a bunker up outside your base, a siege tank is good on occasion. If they have enough to keep you out of your natural they are sacrificing economy.

Hellion running through the map, taking towers constantly. scanning sometimes in key locations. small drops.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
September 13 2010 19:33 GMT
#86
On September 14 2010 04:15 Vegasminion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 04:08 YoiChiBow wrote:
at high level diamond early TvT seems to be all about the early marine/hellion drop or pushes. wat build do you think is the most solid?

I tend to get a reactor on my barracks and get hellions but i seem to lose or get contained by a quick/tank + medivac push
is the marine/tank/medivac a more solid opening?

thanks


I never really get hellions in TvT, my build I just form a concave at my ramp and it shuts down any aggresive hellion play.

I think 1-1-1 is most solid with marines, tanks, raven, vikings.

It is if you have air control, but if you don't you need vikings.


im assuming that if u play at the 1500 level u see marine drops alot in TvT.

do you think tank viking is still a solid build? it seems too defense oriented vs the new style of marine hellion drops. You really cant leave until ur sure these drops wont own ur mineral line.

Do you just sit back and turtle till u have ur expo up vs this style?
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
Crazypyro1
Profile Joined May 2010
United States446 Posts
September 13 2010 19:36 GMT
#87
Yosho, I <3 you. That's all. Wait, just kidding, what build would you do for a ghost drop that makes zerg cry inside.
moonkei
Profile Joined August 2010
United States9 Posts
September 13 2010 19:36 GMT
#88
Nice info Yosho, it was fun watching you play against Trump the other day.

BTW, You're not from Vegas are you? Just curious since it's part of your user name.
Papajan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States15 Posts
September 13 2010 19:44 GMT
#89
On September 14 2010 04:28 Vegasminion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 04:24 Papajan wrote:
How do you deal with good muta harass? It seems like marines just get outrun (unless stimmed) and I slowly lose one building or some workers here and there. Turrets don't really seems like an option if it's a 5 muta harass.

When walling off vs zerg, how do you deal with the problem of needing different sorts of walls vs early pool and vs banelings? If you're in a bad starting position, baneling-proof walls prevent tech labs.

How do you maintain map vision/control vs zerg? Any suggestions at breaking out of being contained to 1 base? It seems like a lot of zerg players either have mutas, which prevent me from expanding, or else have a ground force outside my main.


2 turrets spread out behind mineral line, 1 in front of CC , 1 in unit production facility + a thor. marines to snipe out muta's if they go near thor.

They don't prevent my tech labs as I place more buildings behind it, sometimes depo's, sometimes other stuff.

Try to get a bunker up outside your base, a siege tank is good on occasion. If they have enough to keep you out of your natural they are sacrificing economy.

Hellion running through the map, taking towers constantly. scanning sometimes in key locations. small drops.


Usually I do two turrets, but if they're spread enough to cover both sides of the mineral line, then the 5 mutas kill the turrets one at a time. When the marines or thor arrive, they simply fly away and skirt the base enough to scout the army, then poke in somewhere unprotected until they have to move again.
Jayrod
Profile Joined August 2010
1820 Posts
September 13 2010 19:51 GMT
#90
damnit I want a protoss Q&A
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
September 13 2010 20:03 GMT
#91
On September 14 2010 03:00 Vegasminion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 02:20 Floophead_III wrote:
How do you live with yourself knowing that every time you make a reaper a puppy is decapitated?


I rarely ever make reapers, sometimes I practice the strat, sometimes I do it late in the game. However I rarely, EVER make reapers.


Good because I'd hate to think the blood of millions of innocent puppies is on your hands.

On a more serious note:

How do you feel about TvP in general at that point level? I'm still playing mostly 1200ish players and I find PvT to be generally pretty easy, especially if it's not a close rush distance. I just expand, get HTs if bio or robo/stargate if not (with the exception of mass banshee where HTs are still pretty sweet). It's just hold off the aggression until tech kicks in then collect a free win 90% of the time.

Everyone does a 1 base allin vs the 1 gate FE which is my standard opener. What do you do vs that strategy? What do other terrans at that level do?

Lastly and most importantly: Do you think voidrays are broken? It's so easy to switch to them midgame/lategame, get speed, and run into their main with 8 voidrays and just end the game cause you can shut down their starports and wipe out vikings super fast due to already being charged.
Half man, half bear, half pig.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 20:08 GMT
#92
Updated with a replay pack
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 20:15 GMT
#93
On September 14 2010 04:33 YoiChiBow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 04:15 Vegasminion wrote:
On September 14 2010 04:08 YoiChiBow wrote:
at high level diamond early TvT seems to be all about the early marine/hellion drop or pushes. wat build do you think is the most solid?

I tend to get a reactor on my barracks and get hellions but i seem to lose or get contained by a quick/tank + medivac push
is the marine/tank/medivac a more solid opening?

thanks


I never really get hellions in TvT, my build I just form a concave at my ramp and it shuts down any aggresive hellion play.

I think 1-1-1 is most solid with marines, tanks, raven, vikings.

It is if you have air control, but if you don't you need vikings.


im assuming that if u play at the 1500 level u see marine drops alot in TvT.

do you think tank viking is still a solid build? it seems too defense oriented vs the new style of marine hellion drops. You really cant leave until ur sure these drops wont own ur mineral line.

Do you just sit back and turtle till u have ur expo up vs this style?


No I am very aggresive and I use marines often myself. If they try to drop me I push on their line a little and I always keep scouts in the area to spot them, or units in my base to stop them.

I am a very aggressive terran player.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 20:16 GMT
#94
On September 14 2010 04:36 Crazypyro1 wrote:
Yosho, I <3 you. That's all. Wait, just kidding, what build would you do for a ghost drop that makes zerg cry inside.


If it's a ghost rush, 1 gate into bunker to ghost tech. Other then that a normal bio ball build with ghosts and 3-4 hellions. Medivacs eventually to incorporate drops or just hellion drop them at the start into expo then go ghost play.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 20:17:48
September 13 2010 20:17 GMT
#95
On September 14 2010 04:36 moonkei wrote:
Nice info Yosho, it was fun watching you play against Trump the other day.

BTW, You're not from Vegas are you? Just curious since it's part of your user name.


My beta name was Vega, beta 2 it was vegasminion, now it's Yosho.

Thanks! I enjoy playing vs trump, cool guy. Doesn't talk much lately though.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 20:19:11
September 13 2010 20:18 GMT
#96
On September 14 2010 04:44 Papajan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 04:28 Vegasminion wrote:
On September 14 2010 04:24 Papajan wrote:
How do you deal with good muta harass? It seems like marines just get outrun (unless stimmed) and I slowly lose one building or some workers here and there. Turrets don't really seems like an option if it's a 5 muta harass.

When walling off vs zerg, how do you deal with the problem of needing different sorts of walls vs early pool and vs banelings? If you're in a bad starting position, baneling-proof walls prevent tech labs.

How do you maintain map vision/control vs zerg? Any suggestions at breaking out of being contained to 1 base? It seems like a lot of zerg players either have mutas, which prevent me from expanding, or else have a ground force outside my main.


2 turrets spread out behind mineral line, 1 in front of CC , 1 in unit production facility + a thor. marines to snipe out muta's if they go near thor.

They don't prevent my tech labs as I place more buildings behind it, sometimes depo's, sometimes other stuff.

Try to get a bunker up outside your base, a siege tank is good on occasion. If they have enough to keep you out of your natural they are sacrificing economy.

Hellion running through the map, taking towers constantly. scanning sometimes in key locations. small drops.


Usually I do two turrets, but if they're spread enough to cover both sides of the mineral line, then the 5 mutas kill the turrets one at a time. When the marines or thor arrive, they simply fly away and skirt the base enough to scout the army, then poke in somewhere unprotected until they have to move again.


Cut off the army where you think they will escape too as well. and if they spend time taking down a turret, repair. They are still taking damage. 1 turret for 1 muta is worth it.

You also lose more money from muta's harrasing your mineral line without that turret.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Jaal
Profile Joined May 2010
United States61 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 20:19:36
September 13 2010 20:19 GMT
#97
Updated with a replay pack


• The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 20:19 GMT
#98
On September 14 2010 04:51 Jayrod wrote:
damnit I want a protoss Q&A


I'll give you 1 question since my protoss is nearly even.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 20:22 GMT
#99
On September 14 2010 05:03 Floophead_III wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 03:00 Vegasminion wrote:
On September 14 2010 02:20 Floophead_III wrote:
How do you live with yourself knowing that every time you make a reaper a puppy is decapitated?


I rarely ever make reapers, sometimes I practice the strat, sometimes I do it late in the game. However I rarely, EVER make reapers.


Good because I'd hate to think the blood of millions of innocent puppies is on your hands.

On a more serious note:

How do you feel about TvP in general at that point level? I'm still playing mostly 1200ish players and I find PvT to be generally pretty easy, especially if it's not a close rush distance. I just expand, get HTs if bio or robo/stargate if not (with the exception of mass banshee where HTs are still pretty sweet). It's just hold off the aggression until tech kicks in then collect a free win 90% of the time.

Everyone does a 1 base allin vs the 1 gate FE which is my standard opener. What do you do vs that strategy? What do other terrans at that level do?

Lastly and most importantly: Do you think voidrays are broken? It's so easy to switch to them midgame/lategame, get speed, and run into their main with 8 voidrays and just end the game cause you can shut down their starports and wipe out vikings super fast due to already being charged.


I enjoy PvT, collasai are strong but easy to counter. High templars are good but a great ghost micro play is fun as well. It comes down to the players controls.

1 base all in is ok however I sometimes try to match expo's or a drop. It depends on position, units, where his army is, what money I have or if i'm about to push anyway.

Voidrays are strong on charge, I do feel like their charge should only last so long. Like a railgun that has to cool down. However I don't think it's broken. You can usually scout out void rays though and I haven't lost by that.( I have won doing that as protoss ).
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 20:24:47
September 13 2010 20:22 GMT
#100
On September 14 2010 05:19 Jaal wrote:
Show nested quote +
Updated with a replay pack


• The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.



One moment.

Edit: Works for me just fine. Try again?

[url blocked]
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM728
IndyStarCraft 202
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 728
ByuN 307
Reynor 306
TKL 292
IndyStarCraft 202
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi934
Counter-Strike
fl0m4898
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1536
B2W.Neo684
Beastyqt664
Mlord480
Khaldor472
olofmeister447
KnowMe359
crisheroes112
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach20
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1540
Other Games
• Shiphtur532
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
OSC
6h 50m
Replay Cast
6h 50m
OSC
19h 50m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.