• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:10
CEST 18:10
KST 01:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11741 users

Answering Terran Questions - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 18:17:00
September 13 2010 18:15 GMT
#41
What do you hate seeing a zerg do?
ie what is it that when you scout a zerg doing it, that you go "fuck, not this again"
On the same vein, is there anything zerg can do that takes you by suprise after the 6pool window?

What zerg strat do you lose to most often, and what do you think you can do to prevent that?

edit: apparently we're all posting our ranks, 600 diamond zerg with 300 bonus pool.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:25 GMT
#42
On September 14 2010 02:30 BlasiuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 02:26 Vegasminion wrote:
On September 14 2010 01:59 BlasiuS wrote:
What zerg strategies do you consistently lose to, or at least give you serious problems? Both early-game & mid-game.


Very very aggresive zerg who are good at expanding and keeping me from expanding, basically people who really have when to drone up a very good understanding. If they aren't balanced evenly I have not much a problem taking them out.


what do you mean by 'very very aggressive zerg'? early mass speedlings? speedling/roach? mass roach? baneling bust? 1base muta? How do good zergs prevent you from expanding?

Yes I agree that knowing when to drone is still one of the skills that majority of zergs don't have down yet (myself included).


As in every time I move out, he overwhelms my army composition. If I move out with more marines then marauders he sends in banelings from angle's and flanks / surround me. If i move out with hellions I have roaches everywhere. a zerg that is great at scouting and using the information he used against me. As if everytime I move out with any army composition he has the counter to it.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:26 GMT
#43
On September 14 2010 02:33 xxWhistler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 02:15 awu25 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 14 2010 01:58 xxWhistler wrote:
I've got a quick one for you. I'm still in bronze, largely because I play a lot on unreliable internet and so have very many "losses". I feel that I have a solid beginner's grasp of the mechanics though. Today, however, I was totally blindsided and roflpwned.

I played a match on Steppes against Zerg. Things were rolling along well, I managed to preserve my scout SCV and the other guy just let it go so I got a good second look into his base and saw 3 roaches. I figured this was np, as I was already mixing in marauders and had just finished blue flame upgrade.

I was about to go for my first push, had almost finished my second CC to expand along with the push, when BAM, 10 roaches unburrow in my mineral line. He would micro burrow/unburrow with a smaller group attacking random supply depots to keep me from just sitting next to the mineral line. Long story short, I hung on a while longer but with such a devastating econ hit I finally had to give up as I just couldnt get detectors out and was long behind him expansion wise.

Should I respond to scouted roaches with detectors? The thought had never occurred to me before. If so, ravens or a turret or two?

tl;dr Should getting detectors be part of my standard response to scouted roaches? I've been going at least 4/5 (in bronze, i know..) since getting halfway decent internet but was totally blindsided by burrow-move roaches.

did you have an orbital command at all?


Yes, I'm bronze, but I do lurk on TL. I'd be pretty remiss if I hadn't figured out that was a necessity yet. Every time I would scan he would move his roaches away and then bring them right back. I'd have to look at the replay again, but unless I'm just giving myself the benefit of the doubt, I'm pretty sure I'd just used a MULE, so no energy.

Admittedly, I should have had more troops next to the mineral line, instead of in a newb ball right behind the entrance to my base.

EDIT: Missed response while typing. What do you use as the basis for your timing? Game time, supply count?


When I expo, and he's had a lair since I put it down, I expect something soon. If he's getting lair while I expo, it's when I get my 1-1 upgrades.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
ahcho00
Profile Joined March 2010
United States220 Posts
September 13 2010 18:26 GMT
#44
i have a question for you sir. how do u beat a macro intense zerg? because of their mobility and my immobility as terran, how do u expand safely and still manage to contain without getting outmassed?

i've played countless games against my friend and countless times i lose the same way -- i get outexpanded and i try to expand but it just gets shutdown so i can't expand.

it's a playstyle that i can't seem to beat. i don't have problems with other zerg on ladder most of the time.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:27 GMT
#45
On September 14 2010 02:35 LuciferSC wrote:
The most effective way to counter a banshee TvT opening?

Thor seems to be one way, but I'm wondering if you prefer to counter that with turrets at all.
Or go for early harass to delay banshee timing?


Raven and 1 viking. I get 1 viking first, switch addons get a raven. If done fast enough you have it in time. Raven is usefull for any push as well.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:28 GMT
#46
On September 14 2010 02:36 JamieDukes wrote:
k yosho i have a couple of questions

high ranked gold Terran

1) whats counter to banelings if you dont want to get siege tanks (unfair units)
2) if my enemy is makin alot of zealots should i add in ravens for auto turret and missile launcher?
3) it eveyr viable to make first command cenre into Fortress against Zergling rush?


1) hellions
2) hellions
3) not really, build a bunker withing your minerals and a barracks to help wall off. use scvs to fight when you can overwhelm him or you have 1 marine out. have 2-3 scvs auto repair
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
September 13 2010 18:32 GMT
#47
Hey Are you the Xanga yosho?
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:38 GMT
#48
On September 14 2010 02:54 SilverPotato wrote:
Whats the best way to open aggressively and stay aggressive against a fast FEing player who is turtleing?

I've found that a pair of quick hellions works sometimes but only if the other player isn't paying even the slightest attention.


Match their expansions and attack in multiple places at the same time. keep a unit at every expo so he has to send more then just 1 scv and everytime he moves out, flank him. Maybe out expand him forcing him to attack.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:38 GMT
#49
On September 14 2010 03:32 DivinO wrote:
Hey Are you the Xanga yosho?


No
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:39 GMT
#50
On September 14 2010 03:15 Shiladie wrote:
What do you hate seeing a zerg do?
ie what is it that when you scout a zerg doing it, that you go "fuck, not this again"
On the same vein, is there anything zerg can do that takes you by suprise after the 6pool window?

What zerg strat do you lose to most often, and what do you think you can do to prevent that?

edit: apparently we're all posting our ranks, 600 diamond zerg with 300 bonus pool.


I lose most to a zerg containing me to 1 base, and drops in my base can make me rage everytime I try to push out.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
September 13 2010 18:40 GMT
#51
How are you supposed to win TvZ on DO against a muta/ling/bling Z, with the exception of 5rax reaper?
England will fight to the last American
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:40 GMT
#52
On September 14 2010 03:26 ahcho00 wrote:
i have a question for you sir. how do u beat a macro intense zerg? because of their mobility and my immobility as terran, how do u expand safely and still manage to contain without getting outmassed?

i've played countless games against my friend and countless times i lose the same way -- i get outexpanded and i try to expand but it just gets shutdown so i can't expand.

it's a playstyle that i can't seem to beat. i don't have problems with other zerg on ladder most of the time.


I get my 2nd base and then try limiting their expo's, while I attack I expand so they can't stop it from going up as easy.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:41 GMT
#53
On September 14 2010 03:40 KaiserJohan wrote:
How are you supposed to win TvZ on DO against a muta/ling/bling Z, with the exception of 5rax reaper?


a few thors for splash ( spread out ) marines, hellions. Move the marines behind the thors and hellions when he engages and enjoy the blood splatter.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
September 13 2010 18:43 GMT
#54
How are you going to pressure his econ while deffing your two bases which are very far apart from a giant muta blob (magic box)?
England will fight to the last American
Bair
Profile Joined May 2010
United States698 Posts
September 13 2010 18:43 GMT
#55
What gives you the most trouble trying a marauder/hellion all in against zerg?

Generally the type that get their before the spire pops and the sky is swarming with mutas.
In Roaches I Rust.
Moja
Profile Joined July 2010
United States313 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 18:49:56
September 13 2010 18:47 GMT
#56
What is your preferred unit composition against muta/ling/baneling in the midgame on a standard map (say xel naga caverns or cross positions on metalopolis)? Edit: this was already answered with thor, rine, hellion? sry -_-

On those maps, do you like to fast expand (build cc before 30 food)? If so how do you hold it against early pressure (specifically vs zerg)?

In TvT, how do you play against tank-viking?

What's your favorite unit in SC2?
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:48 GMT
#57
On September 14 2010 03:43 KaiserJohan wrote:
How are you going to pressure his econ while deffing your two bases which are very far apart from a giant muta blob (magic box)?


Randomly sending hellions from different sides trying to attack drones is my favorite, make a giant push in the middle so he masses units then retreat when he's producing units. a drop here and there just to snipe drones, maybe in multiple places WHILE attacking as well so he loses something somewhere.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 18:50:45
September 13 2010 18:49 GMT
#58
On September 14 2010 03:47 Moja wrote:
What is your preferred unit composition against muta/ling/baneling in the midgame on a standard map (say xel naga caverns or cross positions on metalopolis)?

On those maps, do you like to fast expand (build cc before 30 food)? If so how do you hold it against early pressure (specifically vs zerg)?

In TvT, how do you play against tank-viking?

What's your favorite unit in SC2?


I like to go with hellions and marines + thors, it's my favorite composition. I sometimes go thor marauder hellion viking, not as viable but it really messes with their heads.

I greatly enjoy tank - viking, I add marines and I have a really solid play as it, I never lose when someone differs as I am well practiced. I try to confuse the player with multiple battles as multi tasking is a strong suit of mine.

My favorite unit is the mutalisk.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 18:53 GMT
#59
On September 14 2010 03:12 Shamaya wrote:
Hey Yosho. I just wanna know, what is (one of) your main build orders against protoss? And why do you use it? Any comments as far as transitioning as the game goes on?

I'm not looking for any noob proxy BS. Just what you normally go with for solid game play.
Same thing vs zerg would be cool, but I'm most concerned about TvP.


i like to go 2 rax ghost into drop play, I try to force their army out into the middle by controlling it and assaulting their expo a little. I don't go all in just a little bit to force a small engagement, retreat and fast drop in their main, snipe the hatch and move back. Putting a ghost on ledges like LT is just fun too.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
waffling1
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
599 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 18:54:14
September 13 2010 18:53 GMT
#60
Vegasminion, how do u hotkey bulidings / do production macro?

i'm a zerg player, and i chose zerg in BW from the very beginning cz i liked how easy the production was. I find with terran, managing individual production buildings is kind of annoying for me. when u have mixed builds that is not all rax or all factory, it gets even more annoying. i want to try using terran more proficiently.

how do u hotkey your production buildings, or macro unit production structures in general?
do u hotkey all production buildings to one key and tab thru everything?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM728
IndyStarCraft 202
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 728
ByuN 307
Reynor 306
TKL 292
IndyStarCraft 202
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi934
Counter-Strike
fl0m4898
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1536
B2W.Neo684
Beastyqt664
Mlord480
Khaldor472
olofmeister447
KnowMe359
crisheroes112
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach20
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1540
Other Games
• Shiphtur532
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
OSC
6h 50m
Replay Cast
6h 50m
OSC
19h 50m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.