• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:11
CEST 18:11
KST 01:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11965 users

Answering Terran Questions - Page 24

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next All
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
October 13 2010 21:07 GMT
#461
Hey Yosho,

Since i am at work I´m trying to do a nice compilation of strats do you have some strats that are no way all in strats where u send a handful of units (proxied or not ) and it may damage, force the oponnent to overreact or just ends up it straight in TvP?
An example would be a proxied fast factory with 2 hellions against Z, but I want your feedback for those kind of strats in TvP.

Thanks in advance
TheFinalWord
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia790 Posts
October 13 2010 21:19 GMT
#462


Is this you yosho?
MajorLaZer
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada2 Posts
October 13 2010 22:01 GMT
#463
Hey Guys,

First time ever posting on a starcraft forum so forgive my ignorance should there be any. Since the start of Starcraft 2 I have been bouncing back and forth between Protoss and Terran. At my best I made it into diamond league with protoss but as a lower level player in the division. Since then I have switched to Terran do largly to the fact that I'm tired of having little to no early game harrasment. My questions is could anyone out there suggest to me some builds that favour early game harrasment without sacrificing macro entirely? I'm aware of many Marine, Marauder timing pushes but typically thats around 30-40 food. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
October 14 2010 07:12 GMT
#464
They are nurfing it so you need a supply depo before barracks now.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
October 14 2010 07:20 GMT
#465
On October 14 2010 06:07 noD wrote:
Hey Yosho,

Since i am at work I´m trying to do a nice compilation of strats do you have some strats that are no way all in strats where u send a handful of units (proxied or not ) and it may damage, force the oponnent to overreact or just ends up it straight in TvP?
An example would be a proxied fast factory with 2 hellions against Z, but I want your feedback for those kind of strats in TvP.

Thanks in advance


Double rax marine with bunkers can be pretty good, maybe grabbing an extra tech lab and making him think marauders. Or grabbing 1 marauder, chase worker out, fast expand.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-14 07:22:57
October 14 2010 07:21 GMT
#466
On October 14 2010 06:19 TheFinalWord wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZIJUK4suQ

Is this you yosho?


Yes lol, I was practicing PvZ at a higher level in ladder and I always lose to muta / ling. Got me very frustrated. You can't really expand so easy because he has 100% map control. However I have improved a lot since this game ^^
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
October 14 2010 07:22 GMT
#467
On October 14 2010 07:01 MajorLaZer wrote:
Hey Guys,

First time ever posting on a starcraft forum so forgive my ignorance should there be any. Since the start of Starcraft 2 I have been bouncing back and forth between Protoss and Terran. At my best I made it into diamond league with protoss but as a lower level player in the division. Since then I have switched to Terran do largly to the fact that I'm tired of having little to no early game harrasment. My questions is could anyone out there suggest to me some builds that favour early game harrasment without sacrificing macro entirely? I'm aware of many Marine, Marauder timing pushes but typically thats around 30-40 food. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!


1 racks marauder send 2-3 scvs make bunkers.

3 racks marine rally marines to enemy base and make a bunker.

11 gas 12 barracks grab a fast factory and push with marauder hellion.

Etc etc.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Roniacz
Profile Joined September 2010
Philippines3 Posts
October 14 2010 15:04 GMT
#468
Do you have any anti-cheese builds after the depot-rax change in the new patch i've been using your 9-10-11 up to this point on 1v1 maps..
Wanna wanna wanna get better in SC2!
xprometheusx
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5 Posts
October 16 2010 23:38 GMT
#469
I personally stick. With 10 12 works fairly well and I can hold off most early harass with little to no trouble
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
October 17 2010 17:01 GMT
#470
On October 15 2010 00:04 Roniacz wrote:
Do you have any anti-cheese builds after the depot-rax change in the new patch i've been using your 9-10-11 up to this point on 1v1 maps..


I still go normal 10 - 12 and scout thoroughly, I just send a scout before the first depo. (make sure to check your base)
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
turingpolice
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada9 Posts
October 17 2010 17:29 GMT
#471
What do you do against muta-ling?
I try for fast expand, hellions, then thors, and it sometimes works. But I'm wondering if there is a better way?
HeroFighter
Profile Joined June 2010
United States51 Posts
October 17 2010 17:33 GMT
#472
is there an effective way to beat banelings/muta? my bioball always gets wrecked by banelings / muta
Soldiers Fight For You, Heroes Die For You
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
October 18 2010 06:51 GMT
#473
On October 18 2010 02:29 turingpolice wrote:
What do you do against muta-ling?
I try for fast expand, hellions, then thors, and it sometimes works. But I'm wondering if there is a better way?


siege tank / marine / thor works pretty good for me. Move the marines behind the tanks.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
positron.
Profile Joined May 2010
634 Posts
October 18 2010 07:02 GMT
#474
On October 18 2010 15:51 Vegasminion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 02:29 turingpolice wrote:
What do you do against muta-ling?
I try for fast expand, hellions, then thors, and it sometimes works. But I'm wondering if there is a better way?


siege tank / marine / thor works pretty good for me. Move the marines behind the tanks.


I don't usually have problem with pure mutaling but how do you combat mutaling+bling+infestor? As soon as they get 8 mutas they can overpower any lone turret and keep you in base while making ling and bling. I use marine tank and thor too but it seems like bling just demolish everything. Thanks for the help :D
Eames
Profile Joined September 2010
23 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 08:16:51
October 18 2010 08:09 GMT
#475
Ever since the patch was released I am struggling hard at TvT. I used to always proxy Marine + Bunker rush and it worked 90% of the time but now that I'm forced to play TvT straight up I'm at a complete loss as to what I should go far. Any replays, build orders, guides, anything would help me out a lot.

I'm used to games that are over in 15 minutes or less but in TvT that rarely happens because a fast bunker + fast tanks shuts down all early ground pushes and any competent Terran player knows the timing for banshees and will scan you to see if you're going banshees and get turrets up if he wasn't auto placing them as part of their build order to begin with.

Is TvT all about long macro games vying for better map control or is there any strong opening pushes that can end games early out there?

I'm 900 level diamond if that matters--- I dropped from 1000 today because I lost a lot of TvT games tonight....
Eames
Profile Joined September 2010
23 Posts
October 18 2010 08:15 GMT
#476
On October 18 2010 02:33 HeroFighter wrote:
is there an effective way to beat banelings/muta? my bioball always gets wrecked by banelings / muta


Thor/Hellion/Marine will shut Sling/Bling/Muta down. Going only bio against Zerg is a pretty big risk considering how effective banelings are at owning bio balls. If you're determined to use bio against Zerg just make sure your push happens before they get mutas out.
plurtsis
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2 Posts
October 18 2010 08:25 GMT
#477
Hey Yosho,

Now that the supply before rax patch came live what can you do against hatch first or nexus first fe builds? I hardly ever made rax before depot, but the fact that I was able to was usually enough to discourage 15 nexus or hatch first. It feels hard to deny the expansion and even if I get some drones/probes with a hellion drop I'm still a little behind. Any ideas on actually denying that expo?
I'm 1200 terran.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
October 18 2010 08:40 GMT
#478
On October 18 2010 16:02 positron. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 15:51 Vegasminion wrote:
On October 18 2010 02:29 turingpolice wrote:
What do you do against muta-ling?
I try for fast expand, hellions, then thors, and it sometimes works. But I'm wondering if there is a better way?


siege tank / marine / thor works pretty good for me. Move the marines behind the tanks.


I don't usually have problem with pure mutaling but how do you combat mutaling+bling+infestor? As soon as they get 8 mutas they can overpower any lone turret and keep you in base while making ling and bling. I use marine tank and thor too but it seems like bling just demolish everything. Thanks for the help :D


Positioning 1 more turret or placing your army near your turrets can help defend it, all about positioning. Including on against banelings.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
October 18 2010 08:41 GMT
#479
On October 18 2010 17:09 Eames wrote:
Ever since the patch was released I am struggling hard at TvT. I used to always proxy Marine + Bunker rush and it worked 90% of the time but now that I'm forced to play TvT straight up I'm at a complete loss as to what I should go far. Any replays, build orders, guides, anything would help me out a lot.

I'm used to games that are over in 15 minutes or less but in TvT that rarely happens because a fast bunker + fast tanks shuts down all early ground pushes and any competent Terran player knows the timing for banshees and will scan you to see if you're going banshees and get turrets up if he wasn't auto placing them as part of their build order to begin with.

Is TvT all about long macro games vying for better map control or is there any strong opening pushes that can end games early out there?

I'm 900 level diamond if that matters--- I dropped from 1000 today because I lost a lot of TvT games tonight....


It sounds like you are looking for the new cheese, I don't really know of much. I would suggest practicing some standard play as that will be more beneficial in the long run.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
October 18 2010 08:43 GMT
#480
On October 18 2010 17:25 plurtsis wrote:
Hey Yosho,

Now that the supply before rax patch came live what can you do against hatch first or nexus first fe builds? I hardly ever made rax before depot, but the fact that I was able to was usually enough to discourage 15 nexus or hatch first. It feels hard to deny the expansion and even if I get some drones/probes with a hellion drop I'm still a little behind. Any ideas on actually denying that expo?
I'm 1200 terran.


If they early expo, drop down more production facilities against protoss and go all in.
Against zerg it is natural. Why don't you early expo or harass to counter it?

As in denying it. Make an engineering bay at their natural unfinished against zergs and scout all the other bases. There is not much you can do to deny a zerg expansion.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM728
IndyStarCraft 202
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 728
ByuN 307
Reynor 306
TKL 292
IndyStarCraft 202
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi934
Counter-Strike
fl0m4898
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1536
B2W.Neo684
Beastyqt664
Mlord480
Khaldor472
olofmeister447
KnowMe359
crisheroes112
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach20
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1540
Other Games
• Shiphtur532
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 49m
OSC
6h 49m
Replay Cast
6h 49m
OSC
19h 49m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.