• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:04
CEST 19:04
KST 02:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12406 users

Answering Terran Questions - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 25 Next All
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 20:28 GMT
#101
On September 14 2010 02:15 BlasiuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 02:11 Bair wrote:
On September 14 2010 02:09 truckerdaves wrote:
On September 14 2010 01:56 SocialFilth wrote:
ummmm ya.....



you shouldnt be aloud to make posts


You shouldn't be allowed to criticize others.


yeah you're just trying to be clever here, but he actually has a valid criticism. That post is completely unacceptable.


Play nice ^^
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Trump
Profile Joined April 2010
United States350 Posts
September 13 2010 20:41 GMT
#102
On September 14 2010 05:17 Vegasminion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 04:36 moonkei wrote:
Nice info Yosho, it was fun watching you play against Trump the other day.

BTW, You're not from Vegas are you? Just curious since it's part of your user name.


My beta name was Vega, beta 2 it was vegasminion, now it's Yosho.

Thanks! I enjoy playing vs trump, cool guy. Doesn't talk much lately though.


Oh, I owe you an explanation for this

I'm sockfolding.
Friendship is Magic! <3
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 20:43:27
September 13 2010 20:43 GMT
#103
On September 14 2010 05:41 Trump wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 05:17 Vegasminion wrote:
On September 14 2010 04:36 moonkei wrote:
Nice info Yosho, it was fun watching you play against Trump the other day.

BTW, You're not from Vegas are you? Just curious since it's part of your user name.


My beta name was Vega, beta 2 it was vegasminion, now it's Yosho.

Thanks! I enjoy playing vs trump, cool guy. Doesn't talk much lately though.


Oh, I owe you an explanation for this

I'm sockfolding.


You must have bigfoot as a guest or lots of feet you mutant <3
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
JaddF
Profile Joined April 2010
Bulgaria16 Posts
September 13 2010 20:47 GMT
#104
What do you think about the recent - 3-1-2 and 2-1-1 BO vs toss ? I think that 3-1-2 is kinda all in but if it's executed nicely it's just devastating . 2-1-1 is similiar to morrow's bo which is very good . What is your favorite BO for countering 1 gate FE by toss ?

Which opening do you prefer against zerg in maps with 4 positions like LT , metalopolis , delta and etc ?
Terran are so imba , Especially in TvT , They have 100 % win rate ^^
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 20:56 GMT
#105
On September 14 2010 05:47 JaddF wrote:
What do you think about the recent - 3-1-2 and 2-1-1 BO vs toss ? I think that 3-1-2 is kinda all in but if it's executed nicely it's just devastating . 2-1-1 is similiar to morrow's bo which is very good . What is your favorite BO for countering 1 gate FE by toss ?

Which opening do you prefer against zerg in maps with 4 positions like LT , metalopolis , delta and etc ?


I think that in TvP you need a second base fast, like they do. All in simply is strong but it is a risk. Both races need more tech to really counter each other and very hard to afford on 1 base.

I prefer some build that leads into an expansion, however those builds are strong and worthy of play. In order to counter FE I like to FE or harass with some sort of drop.

I prefer hellion openings but I am also known for going pure viking mass.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
KhrisKruel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
September 13 2010 20:57 GMT
#106
Hello Yosho,

I am currently a rank 7 Platinum Random player. I have some questions about your random play.

First off, how do you capitilize on the fact that you're random? I've been playing with not sending an early scout to force them to scout and have those extra 40 mins a minute. With Platinum players, I find everyone always does some sort of early rush. If I delay my scout, I usually can catch it fast enough and my extra worker in the early stages helps with that. Sometimes it also fails horribly. How do you deal with the early extra info of race?

Secondly, I never played beta, or any other RTS before. I read TL everyday and watch livestreams when I'm eating or doing somethin else on my computer, and it has taught me alot. I don't really have any build orders either. I have a standard opening that I do and then just transition based on my opponents play.

I've found that most players at my level don't know positioning or how to micro. I let them attack me, then I expand. I'm horrible at multi tasking, but it gets better with the game.

My question is, what would be time spent more wisely? Practicing specific matchups, practicing micro, practicing macro while microing, or just playing games and getting games under my belt while watching replays?
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 20:59 GMT
#107
On September 14 2010 05:57 KhrisKruel wrote:
Hello Yosho,

I am currently a rank 7 Platinum Random player. I have some questions about your random play.

First off, how do you capitilize on the fact that you're random? I've been playing with not sending an early scout to force them to scout and have those extra 40 mins a minute. With Platinum players, I find everyone always does some sort of early rush. If I delay my scout, I usually can catch it fast enough and my extra worker in the early stages helps with that. Sometimes it also fails horribly. How do you deal with the early extra info of race?

Secondly, I never played beta, or any other RTS before. I read TL everyday and watch livestreams when I'm eating or doing somethin else on my computer, and it has taught me alot. I don't really have any build orders either. I have a standard opening that I do and then just transition based on my opponents play.

I've found that most players at my level don't know positioning or how to micro. I let them attack me, then I expand. I'm horrible at multi tasking, but it gets better with the game.

My question is, what would be time spent more wisely? Practicing specific matchups, practicing micro, practicing macro while microing, or just playing games and getting games under my belt while watching replays?


I would practice micro and macro the most, those are universal between every race. Figuring out when to expand as well. THEN i would practice build orders.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
WarChimp
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia943 Posts
September 13 2010 21:01 GMT
#108
On September 14 2010 02:11 Bair wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 02:09 truckerdaves wrote:
On September 14 2010 01:56 SocialFilth wrote:
ummmm ya.....



you shouldnt be aloud to make posts


You shouldn't be allowed to criticize others.


Neither should you.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 21:08 GMT
#109
No drama TY.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
CHOChi
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany73 Posts
September 13 2010 21:09 GMT
#110
On September 14 2010 05:59 Vegasminion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 05:57 KhrisKruel wrote:
Hello Yosho,

I am currently a rank 7 Platinum Random player. I have some questions about your random play.

First off, how do you capitilize on the fact that you're random? I've been playing with not sending an early scout to force them to scout and have those extra 40 mins a minute. With Platinum players, I find everyone always does some sort of early rush. If I delay my scout, I usually can catch it fast enough and my extra worker in the early stages helps with that. Sometimes it also fails horribly. How do you deal with the early extra info of race?

Secondly, I never played beta, or any other RTS before. I read TL everyday and watch livestreams when I'm eating or doing somethin else on my computer, and it has taught me alot. I don't really have any build orders either. I have a standard opening that I do and then just transition based on my opponents play.

I've found that most players at my level don't know positioning or how to micro. I let them attack me, then I expand. I'm horrible at multi tasking, but it gets better with the game.

My question is, what would be time spent more wisely? Practicing specific matchups, practicing micro, practicing macro while microing, or just playing games and getting games under my belt while watching replays?


I would practice micro and macro the most, those are universal between every race. Figuring out when to expand as well. THEN i would practice build orders.


could you answer that part too please
First off, how do you capitilize on the fact that you're random? I've been playing with not sending an early scout to force them to scout and have those extra 40 mins a minute. With Platinum players, I find everyone always does some sort of early rush. If I delay my scout, I usually can catch it fast enough and my extra worker in the early stages helps with that. Sometimes it also fails horribly. How do you deal with the early extra info of race?
Don't worry. I got this
blagoonga123
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2068 Posts
September 13 2010 21:10 GMT
#111
On September 14 2010 06:01 WarChimp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 02:11 Bair wrote:
On September 14 2010 02:09 truckerdaves wrote:
On September 14 2010 01:56 SocialFilth wrote:
ummmm ya.....



you shouldnt be aloud to make posts


You shouldn't be allowed to criticize others.


Neither should you.


I don't get this post. The one it's quoting is just referring to the obvious mistake in the one above that, saying that if youre going to criticize someone, you should at least make sure you're at least somewhat faultless.

However your post is just criticizing someone for criticizing which seems hypocritical to me.
FOOL! Pain is my friend! Now let me introduce you to it!
ionlyplayPROtoss
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada573 Posts
September 13 2010 21:11 GMT
#112
how do you lose to protoss if you do like 1 reactor rax 1 factory for hellions and 2 ports to deal with w/e if left (banshees+raven for stalkers vikings for the rest of toss air)
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 21:13 GMT
#113
On September 14 2010 06:09 CHOChi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 05:59 Vegasminion wrote:
On September 14 2010 05:57 KhrisKruel wrote:
Hello Yosho,

I am currently a rank 7 Platinum Random player. I have some questions about your random play.

First off, how do you capitilize on the fact that you're random? I've been playing with not sending an early scout to force them to scout and have those extra 40 mins a minute. With Platinum players, I find everyone always does some sort of early rush. If I delay my scout, I usually can catch it fast enough and my extra worker in the early stages helps with that. Sometimes it also fails horribly. How do you deal with the early extra info of race?

Secondly, I never played beta, or any other RTS before. I read TL everyday and watch livestreams when I'm eating or doing somethin else on my computer, and it has taught me alot. I don't really have any build orders either. I have a standard opening that I do and then just transition based on my opponents play.

I've found that most players at my level don't know positioning or how to micro. I let them attack me, then I expand. I'm horrible at multi tasking, but it gets better with the game.

My question is, what would be time spent more wisely? Practicing specific matchups, practicing micro, practicing macro while microing, or just playing games and getting games under my belt while watching replays?


I would practice micro and macro the most, those are universal between every race. Figuring out when to expand as well. THEN i would practice build orders.


could you answer that part too please
Show nested quote +
First off, how do you capitilize on the fact that you're random? I've been playing with not sending an early scout to force them to scout and have those extra 40 mins a minute. With Platinum players, I find everyone always does some sort of early rush. If I delay my scout, I usually can catch it fast enough and my extra worker in the early stages helps with that. Sometimes it also fails horribly. How do you deal with the early extra info of race?




My apologies, I normally didn't scout and expected cheese or a normal build. I simply went to counter a normal build or cheesed myself. However on occasion I went a normal build to practice micro and macro. For example, against toss. Ling into baneling, they had to wall off.

or against terran maybe go for a fast 9 zealot into stalkers.

or 2 gate on a 2 player map
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Sitizen
Profile Joined April 2010
United States34 Posts
September 13 2010 21:30 GMT
#114
Hey yosho thanks for doing this thread. I'm 1k diamond and I have the most trouble, by far, with P early to mid game. What are your goals early to mid game against P? Are there certain things you always try to do when engaging in fights, or macroing?

When you review your losses against P in games less than 15minutes what are some conclusions you normally draw? Oh, I needed to do this when I engaged, or Oh, I should have done this as I was moving out macrowise.
JMC4
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States261 Posts
September 13 2010 21:42 GMT
#115
Hello there I'm a gold level terran player and have trouble with zerg specifically when they mass muta's what's the best counter for them? Both in the mid and late game (if there is a difference i'm not sure) thanks
Diamond Protoss ~
babyToSS
Profile Joined December 2009
233 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-13 21:46:34
September 13 2010 21:45 GMT
#116
Hey Yosho thanks a lot for the Q&A thread.

Lately I have seen some TvP games where the T does an interesting push. Open with the usual rax into 2gases into factory, second rax with tech lab, armory. The raxes are constantly pumping marines and a tech lab is used to get stim asap. You push with a bunch of marines with stim and a thor (with some scvs for repair if you want to). It seems to be pretty potent esp. if toss goes 1gate into robo for obs.

Do you feel this is a strong opening against Toss that can be used to get an expansion and transition into something like bio with thor banshee? Also are there any scenarior where you feel this push could fail hard? I guess 4 warp gate could be one but still that thor+stim marine combo focuses down zealots so quickly and then its a simple cleanup.
babyToSS here! Can u go easy on me plzzz?
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 21:50 GMT
#117
On September 14 2010 06:11 ionlyplayPROtoss wrote:
how do you lose to protoss if you do like 1 reactor rax 1 factory for hellions and 2 ports to deal with w/e if left (banshees+raven for stalkers vikings for the rest of toss air)


if you give them time to get storm, storm counters this build heavily.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 21:52 GMT
#118
On September 14 2010 06:30 Sitizen wrote:
Hey yosho thanks for doing this thread. I'm 1k diamond and I have the most trouble, by far, with P early to mid game. What are your goals early to mid game against P? Are there certain things you always try to do when engaging in fights, or macroing?

When you review your losses against P in games less than 15minutes what are some conclusions you normally draw? Oh, I needed to do this when I engaged, or Oh, I should have done this as I was moving out macrowise.


My thoughts are prepare for the inevitable change to collasai or storm by expanding and getting the proper tech while out micro'ing in the current battle. if it's already out use delay tactics to get my tech up.

Most losses I have are from 4 gate all in while I try to fast expand against practice partners. other then that it's when they sneak a gold expo, however I usually win.

my most needed skill is to scout more and that is usually what lets me die is not scouting enough.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 21:54 GMT
#119
On September 14 2010 06:42 JMC4 wrote:
Hello there I'm a gold level terran player and have trouble with zerg specifically when they mass muta's what's the best counter for them? Both in the mid and late game (if there is a difference i'm not sure) thanks

just muta's? thor, raven, marine. Thor = splash, Marine stops magic box, raven; point defense drone to stop a lot of muta damage.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
September 13 2010 21:57 GMT
#120
On September 14 2010 06:45 babyToSS wrote:
Hey Yosho thanks a lot for the Q&A thread.

Lately I have seen some TvP games where the T does an interesting push. Open with the usual rax into 2gases into factory, second rax with tech lab, armory. The raxes are constantly pumping marines and a tech lab is used to get stim asap. You push with a bunch of marines with stim and a thor (with some scvs for repair if you want to). It seems to be pretty potent esp. if toss goes 1gate into robo for obs.

Do you feel this is a strong opening against Toss that can be used to get an expansion and transition into something like bio with thor banshee? Also are there any scenarior where you feel this push could fail hard? I guess 4 warp gate could be one but still that thor+stim marine combo focuses down zealots so quickly and then its a simple cleanup.


The thor is usually proxied into this, it's kind of all in if you proxy it. however if you don't you can transition to bio very easily with a few tanks and siege up to take your expo.

This push if stopped could cost you the game ( i did one it's in the replay pack ). thor banshee still loses to storm and feedback a proper unit mix maybe add hellions for the mineral dump with marines?

4 gate can lose to this if timed fast, the strongest versus this I believe is 1 gate robo into another gate. cut off army at the ramp when you're the toss, be careful if you're terran.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM949
TKL 390
IndyStarCraft 251
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 949
ByuN 432
TKL 390
IndyStarCraft 251
BRAT_OK 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48724
Calm 3057
Bisu 1426
FanTaSy 466
firebathero 153
actioN 152
Sea.KH 52
Free 40
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 27
[ Show more ]
Pusan 25
Rock 23
Aegong 20
soO 19
Terrorterran 16
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9312
Dendi1170
League of Legends
Reynor315
Counter-Strike
fl0m4973
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK13
Liquid`Hasu8
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1944
singsing1838
B2W.Neo764
FrodaN736
Beastyqt687
Khaldor509
olofmeister481
Mlord476
KnowMe294
crisheroes206
Livibee104
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick165
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 24
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach57
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV544
League of Legends
• Nemesis3004
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1481
Other Games
• Shiphtur743
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 56m
OSC
5h 56m
Replay Cast
5h 56m
OSC
18h 56m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.