• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7898 users

[G] 5 Roach Rush: early game without the all-in - Page 14

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 41 Next All
shrinkmaster
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany947 Posts
August 25 2010 19:05 GMT
#261
I think the variation with getting speed early is making this build quite a bit stronger. Everything just flows nicely into another.
I use this build since it was posted in every ZvP i play with great success. Even if my protoss opponent is getting enough stalkers to render the early roach push void the 5 roaches together with a spine crawler will keep my expansion save.
Against any kind of protoss early aggression i feel that i can get into midgame ahead of my opponent.

Against terran i still prefer another opening, because multiple barracks with tech-lab openings are so abundant after the IEM. If my opponent has those tech lab barracks i feel that 1-2 cycles of marauders are just too strong for this build to deal with.
Voltaire: The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
August 25 2010 19:18 GMT
#262
Wow, you're famous, Fist!

Good job. I love your build.
<333
moo...for DRG
Brusko651
Profile Joined August 2010
34 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-25 19:41:46
August 25 2010 19:41 GMT
#263
Could you please also put the 13pool/15gas build back in the OP, or send it to me via PM? I hope you still have it somewhere^^

I only started practicing it today and now I wanted to try it again and it's gone xD
Angryhorse
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden387 Posts
August 25 2010 19:46 GMT
#264
Thanks, it worked for me ,atleast in some friend games :D
Don't cry blood, the world doesn't revolve around you
brain_
Profile Joined June 2010
United States812 Posts
August 25 2010 19:47 GMT
#265
I just started trying this, but I'm liking it vs T.


Against Protoss I react to a 2gate with Roaches and against a warpgate push I just try to macro perfectly and hold my expansion (at which point you win). If he goes warpgates -> expansion I just mass Hydras and steamroll before he can get enough colos out.
Fistdantilus
Profile Joined August 2010
United States136 Posts
August 25 2010 20:21 GMT
#266
On August 26 2010 03:53 caution.slip wrote:
fistdantilus,

greeting from china, where you're now famous!

xmoegame:五蟑螂RUSH战术分析 (5 cockroaches rush tactics)
http://v.sc2.com.cn/1008/146683507834.html

its commentary on one of your games vs logic.

posted august 25th, 2010



That is awesome! =)
BulletShot
Profile Joined May 2010
United States17 Posts
August 25 2010 20:36 GMT
#267
I love this build! I've been practicing and trying to get it down just right (losing a couple times to mistakes on my part). I noticed in the fast stargate replay the Protoss went for phoenix(s). How would you react to void rays? I recently played a match where after spotting the first void ray out I began an evo chamber and spore crawlers, but by then he was able to wreak havoc and began accumulating a large amount of void rays. More than likely mistakes on my part or bad placement, but what would your advice be regarding the correct way to handle void rays?
Undercroft
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom166 Posts
August 25 2010 20:42 GMT
#268
I've used this build vs a void ray toss. it worked pretty well. I busted in and started causing trouble, but the ray then came out and allowed him to start mopping up my forces.

main thing to do when you see the starport is:
- Build 2nd queen asap
- Get evo chamber and some spores

that should buy you enough time to get hydras out. In the game i played i ended up losing my queens as my hydras popped to fend off the push. then it was just build up hydras (he kept going air :D) and win, with the odd ling harrass as minerals piled up.
Our dronessssss are under attaahck!!
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
August 25 2010 20:47 GMT
#269
On August 20 2010 11:59 Fistdantilus wrote:
14 drones and limited to one hatch, but that's NOT all-in?

Please don't respond anymore. =(

+1, you won't gg after that as Protoss will be somewhat reluctant to move out, but good luck in the mid game if you don't do any economical damage
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
Cellardoor
Profile Joined July 2010
United States71 Posts
August 25 2010 20:51 GMT
#270
I am loving this build vs T!!! Great transition into anything after. Thanks Fist
Kinmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States104 Posts
August 25 2010 21:05 GMT
#271
Fist great post and good job not giving into the armchair theorycrafters that evidently can counter any build with the power of their imagination. They don't seem to realize that there is no build that will win you every game, but having an arsenal of builds and adapting to your current situation is what makes a great player.
"Dimaga getting just the right amount of banelings to kill 100% of everything!" - Day[9]
maJes
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom186 Posts
August 25 2010 21:10 GMT
#272
Thanks very much for this post Fist, looking forward very much to trying it out now that I've had a few dry runs to smooth it out for my play!
BE'YENNEH......YAOWRL.....
krelkor
Profile Joined August 2010
3 Posts
August 26 2010 00:55 GMT
#273
Long long time lurker, but registered so that I could post how much I love this build.

so far only thing thats given me a ton of trouble is a very strong 2gate, or a forge cannon turtle.

I'm 700 Gold or so, This is versus a platinum Terran on Kulas, it was perfect!

[image loading]
Natengall
Profile Joined April 2010
United States60 Posts
August 26 2010 01:32 GMT
#274
I love the build, Fist! Sadly, the first time I executed it, my opponent turns out to be a map hacker. Ugh.

[image loading]
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/594342/1/Natengall/
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
August 26 2010 01:55 GMT
#275
wow, haven't tried this yet, but certainly going to. There's talk of it all over the forums!

Nice one fist! :D

Btw does this work against that kind of reaper play Morrow went vs IdrA? are the roaches out in time to help defend against that?

I assume it would be though, since you get ling speed and you don't FE.
blk.man.smart
Profile Joined June 2010
United States20 Posts
August 26 2010 02:14 GMT
#276
I absolutely love this build. It shuts down any early push by Toss, especially 2-gate. It is so funny seeing a Toss try a 2-gate and have his zealots destroyed by my roaches. I started using it against Terran as well and it is great when they go reapers. I did lose a game, when the Terran went tank, marauder, marine. I tried to tech to mutas but he pushed back before and lost.

I also stumbled upon a variation when I forgot to research speed after getting the extractor at 13. If you keep the drones on gas then you can actually pop 7 roaches at once, get speed for lings, and expo by the time the roaches pop. I was just recently promoted to gold thanks to this strat, so I don't know how viable it is, but does give you a little stronger push.
kckkryptonite
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1126 Posts
August 26 2010 03:03 GMT
#277
Awesome new opener, thanks for this.
RIP avilo, qxc keyboard 2013, RIP Nathanis keyboard 2014
xtcz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 03:57:03
August 26 2010 03:46 GMT
#278
Hey guys, a HUGE fan of this build. Works pretty damn well against Protoss, and Terran sometimes, but I think I screwed up in this particular game. Can someone take a look at this and tell me exactly what went wrong? Feel free to flame/critique the hell out of me -- I could use some improvement.

[image loading]

Vs. Z, I thought it'd be useful to help block off the choke for speedling/banelings, and that's what I usually do since I hate the spling/bling game. I absolutely fail against 6 pool though.

Addendum: I was reading the OP about the BO and then looked at the Liquipedia BO, and I feel like I got lost in translation somewhere in between. Maybe that's what threw me off. Or I just suck.
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
August 26 2010 04:02 GMT
#279
Love the build, and been using it ever since I read about it. :D
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
P00RKID
Profile Joined December 2009
United States424 Posts
August 26 2010 04:34 GMT
#280
Great post Fist. I love reading well done zerg build posts. Watched half the replays and read through some of the posts. I disagree with anybody putting this build down. This build does its job well. Its like a baneling type bust but more powerful and more economic and with a lot less risk from other openings the opponent does.
"Does your butt hurt? 'cause you fell from heaven once the cast was over?" Artosis
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10399
JimRising 845
WinterStarcraft333
ViBE103
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV248
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream110
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush711
• Lourlo351
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 7m
INu's Battles
9h 7m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 7m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 7m
Replay Cast
20h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.