• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:57
CEST 20:57
KST 03:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7765 users

[M] (2) DF Yeonsu - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
February 15 2013 09:07 GMT
#41
On February 15 2013 12:32 eTcetRa wrote:
Also minor update to the rocks on the islands, which now have 750 health and 1 armour, up from 500 health and 1 armour.


imba
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
February 15 2013 09:47 GMT
#42
On February 15 2013 18:07 Fatam wrote:

imba


I know right. Nerf rock, buff scissors.
Retired Mapmaker™
Syphon8
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada298 Posts
February 16 2013 02:49 GMT
#43
The main is awkwardly small.
',:/
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 02:59:13
February 18 2013 02:58 GMT
#44
I suppose that's an easy fix should that be true! Shall monitor it at any case!
Retired Mapmaker™
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 18 2013 03:17 GMT
#45
Reminds me of dual sight
2more
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany13 Posts
February 18 2013 14:18 GMT
#46
I really wanna play this map. Is it possible to get it up on EU? Also I find the main looks quite small but other than that it looks great.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
April 30 2013 08:02 GMT
#47
Really big Heart of the Swarm update, would love to hear your thoughts.

Version 2.0

[image loading]

Change log:

- GENERAL
- Overall texturing overhaul.
- Overall doodad overhaul.
- MAINS
- Size increased.
- Supply Depot removed from ramp (and replaced with Unbuildable Rocks).
- NATURAL
- Size increased.
- Adjusted ramp.
- Minerals reoriented.
- THIRD
- Minerals reoriented.
- Pathable area behind the minerals added.
- FOURTH
- Minerals reoriented.
- Rock towers added to ramp.
- Pathway from natural widened.
- FIFTH
- Line of sight blockers added to path from fourth.
- Pathable area behind the minerals added.
- ISLANDS
- Rocks removed.
Retired Mapmaker™
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-30 08:40:20
April 30 2013 08:37 GMT
#48
All good changes*! This better be on everyone's shortlist for tlmc.

*I think the new rock towers should cover 2/3 of a 3ramp. In other words, a 5ramp with a rock tower on one end of it. So even with the rocks knocked down, there's still a one-forcefield gap on the ramp. Lategame, I think minimum there needs to be a 3ramp there for traffic and vulnerability.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
April 30 2013 15:12 GMT
#49
On April 30 2013 17:37 EatThePath wrote:
All good changes*! This better be on everyone's shortlist for tlmc.

*I think the new rock towers should cover 2/3 of a 3ramp. In other words, a 5ramp with a rock tower on one end of it. So even with the rocks knocked down, there's still a one-forcefield gap on the ramp. Lategame, I think minimum there needs to be a 3ramp there for traffic and vulnerability.


Thanks kind words! That's a good idea for the middle ramps, I didn't think of that. Thanks! Shall implement.

Do you like the removal of the rocks on the island? I know most people wouldn't agree with the change, but I figure that Protoss and Zerg air play is a lot stronger than in Wings of Liberty so rocks might be too much of a hindrance on an island base now.

Retired Mapmaker™
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 30 2013 20:43 GMT
#50
The danger with islands is terran abusing them too early in the game. Any early game island exploit should be scouted and punished relatively well by either P or Z, so I think it's totally fine without rocks. I don't even like rocks as a solution most of the time because terran generally has the easiest time killing them anyway. They're going to make medivacs so...
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-30 21:36:40
April 30 2013 21:34 GMT
#51
Islands that are far away from the main/nat don't need rocks, imo. The time it takes to float a CC that far is penalty enough (probably ~3 SCVs' produced worth of time floating in the air, not to mention the time lost mining if it had been floated/built at a closer expansion location). Maaaybe an unbuildable rocks, just so you can't pick up 1 SCV w your first medivac and drop him there + build a CC. Even then I don't know if that's super broken.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
April 30 2013 21:52 GMT
#52
For this layout i don't really agree to have island expos, i would transform these island into paths so instead of having only three you would have five and two of them wouldn't be exposed by the xel'nagas, since i feel the map lacks movility in the center in lategame scenarios

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
May 01 2013 11:49 GMT
#53
Quite a few bug fixes and a minor game play change, but an update nonetheless.

Version 2.1

[image loading]

Change log:

- BUG FIXES
Fixed some pathing issues near cliffs.
Fixed unit clipping on some doodads.
Forced occlusion on overlord spots.
Forced occlusion on large trees around map border.
Fixed some line of sight blockers.
Refined some texture work on map border and dead space.
Removed no fly zones that were attached to "HotS - Iceworld - Ice Rock Giant: doodads.
Removed duplicated Xel'Naga Towers.
Placed pathing blockers on lower cliff level between island and pathable area.
Mirrored some doodads so that pathing is equal to both spawns.

- GAMEPLAY
Ramp widths with rock towers increased by 1 unit.
Retired Mapmaker™
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
May 01 2013 18:35 GMT
#54
This map is beautiful, but if I were to change one thing I would make the main bases a more plain texture. There's too much clutter in it methinks; not clear enough. I can't even see the bottom left main ramp into the natural.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
May 07 2013 13:18 GMT
#55
In an effort to increase the N2N rush distance I have made the following changes to the map. Note that I have kept the overall theme and concept of the map intact.

Version 2.2

[image loading]

Change log:

- GENERAL
Bounds increased to 132x132 (from 124x132).
Texturing in mains simplified.

- MIDFIELD & FIFTHS
Area between towers enlarged.
Small chasm added to midfield between both towers.
Area in front of fifth bases enlarged.
Small hole added to enlarged area near fifth.


Screenshots of the changed terrain:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
Retired Mapmaker™
Kodachrome
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada6 Posts
May 20 2013 19:03 GMT
#56
Hi eTcetRa,

I just played Yeonsu, and I have to say I love it! That said, one small issue noticed—and this might be related to the version I found on Battle Net—is that there is a small enough hole between the left side of the ramp and the collapsable rocks near 3rd/4th to sneak a zergling or marine sized unit by. I'm not sure if that's working as intended, but I would imagine that's a slight oversight. Otherwise, great map and good luck in the finals! I hope the map wins and gets added to the ladder pool.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
May 21 2013 05:15 GMT
#57
On May 21 2013 04:03 Kodachrome wrote:
Hi eTcetRa,

I just played Yeonsu, and I have to say I love it! That said, one small issue noticed—and this might be related to the version I found on Battle Net—is that there is a small enough hole between the left side of the ramp and the collapsable rocks near 3rd/4th to sneak a zergling or marine sized unit by. I'm not sure if that's working as intended, but I would imagine that's a slight oversight. Otherwise, great map and good luck in the finals! I hope the map wins and gets added to the ladder pool.


Hey there, thanks for playing! I just tested the rock towers with some zerglings while the tower was both intact and fallen and couldn't get the zerglings to run in any small crack. Which server did you find this on and was the rock up or down?
Retired Mapmaker™
Master of DalK
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Canada1803 Posts
July 29 2013 19:06 GMT
#58
It's on the ladder! Rejoice fellow Liquidians!
@MasterDalK | Maelstrom Entertainment | Streaming Every Esport Under the Sun
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
July 29 2013 19:16 GMT
#59
Sup ladderbuns!

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO QUOTE MYSELF

On January 25 2013 02:15 EatThePath wrote:
Straight to ladder please. ;D

This has its problems, but they're all within the envelope of what a small map has to deal with anyway, and you succeeded mightily in what you set out to do, and these problems are all minimal unlike most small maps which set aside one problem to have in spades while fixing the others. Still, I don't like how much the towers poach on lategame maneuvering. By that I mean, the bases get close together and the towers cover all the rest of the space on the map, making army movements de facto knowledge. And it decreases the stability by decreasing uncertainty, imo, when it is already plenty unstable by short distance and connectivity. I would love if they were destructible or smaller radius or gone.

I love the islands on this map, some of the best fitting-in corner islands. And that style of rocks definitely needs to be used more.

Nice two-tone btw. Great job!

Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
July 29 2013 19:19 GMT
#60
Congratulations etcetra! That's some big achievement right there
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 936
Dewaltoss 123
firebathero 90
Zeus 71
Trap 45
910 37
zelot 28
Sexy 26
soO 22
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 19
NaDa 18
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6846
420jenkins208
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1439
Fnx 767
edward60
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS150
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1407
Other Games
Grubby3960
summit1g3653
Beastyqt688
B2W.Neo627
ceh9459
byalli422
C9.Mang0167
KnowMe162
TKL 120
BRAT_OK 76
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur426
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 3m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 3m
Stellar Fest
18h 3m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.