• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:52
CEST 16:52
KST 23:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8360 users

[M] (2) DF Yeonsu - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
January 25 2013 04:19 GMT
#21
On January 25 2013 11:11 Fatam wrote:
Show nested quote +
The main is easier to wall than normal, one supply depot and barracks


I think this could be a problem because a probe scouting on 9 won't get in :-\ But shifting the ramp a bit shouldn't be very difficult


If it does come to it I will change it to be more standard, as it is currently it is easier to wall of but more difficult to position units on the high ground to defend.

On January 25 2013 11:05 Antares777 wrote:

I think that the way that those rocks are set up is the best way to balance island expansions in the game. Players can still expand there, but the bases are more or less useless until the rocks are taken down. I especially like how Stalkers can blink up to the islands with sight. It will make games very interesting. Maybe part of the islands could be extended so that it connects to the mainland, allowing Reapers/Colossi to traverse the ledge, and still preventing Siege Tanks from cliffing the expansion because you'd be extending the high ground not the low ground.

The main looks like it is more vulnerable to drops than on other maps due to the distance between the mineral line and the edge of the main. It leaves less space for Stalkers/Hydras/Marines to fend off drops. I'd consider extending the main out a bit to counter-act that if drop play winds up being too powerful.


That was exactly my thoughts with the rocks, though not entirely useless the rocks don't block the gas. I like the idea of adding a reaper path to the islands but I'm not sure I'd like colossus to be readily available on an island expansion, I think blink stalker access would be enough for Protoss.

In regards to moving the towers toward the edge of the map, I will likely not do that anymore, seeing as they might provide vision to the island expansions, and would make blink harrass too easy.

The mains minerals have been moved further into the main since I took these pictures, for creep purposes. So that should already be solved :D


Thanks for the feedback everyone! Much appreciated!
Retired Mapmaker™
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
January 25 2013 04:38 GMT
#22
I don't think reaper path to island is necessary since terran will have the easiest way to get armies to the island anyway (medivacs). But yeah good map
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
iMrising
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1099 Posts
January 25 2013 06:01 GMT
#23
Shift the ramp. it seems a little off, but otherwise...
I HOPE TOURNAMENTS USE THIS MAP... ONly because the paths in the middle are much more interesting than the map pool we have
$O$ | soO
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
January 25 2013 10:06 GMT
#24
Brilliant map!

I love the dynamic of the fourth, how it's quite hard to take because one player has better positioning for the fourth but the other can cliff it so easily. And how these harder fourths really make the islands necessary and not just a fun gimmick on top (hello Metropolis).

The aesthetics are great, I normally don't like 2 different themes but this is so sublte and well done. The texturing is really clean and the different levels are also different in a nice way.

Overall just a phenomenal map.

I would remove the towers, I think they are just too strong and reduce need for good scouting.
Maybe the middle could be a bit more interesting as monitor said, but I don't mind an open middle like this at all.

A little thought: The third base is really close. The highground thing is really nice for it but I feel like it's just very easy, close and thus rather boring. Considering you can just camp on 3 bases in SC2 and this is one of the main criticisms with maps, I would personally use a half base here, just to give more incentive to take a fourth and not let games end on 3 bases too much cos people didn't see the need to expand further.

Btw the word half base is kinda stupid since it's a 3/4 base really
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
January 25 2013 21:23 GMT
#25
On January 25 2013 19:06 Ragoo wrote:
Brilliant map!

I love the dynamic of the fourth, how it's quite hard to take because one player has better positioning for the fourth but the other can cliff it so easily. And how these harder fourths really make the islands necessary and not just a fun gimmick on top (hello Metropolis).

The aesthetics are great, I normally don't like 2 different themes but this is so sublte and well done. The texturing is really clean and the different levels are also different in a nice way.

Overall just a phenomenal map.

I would remove the towers, I think they are just too strong and reduce need for good scouting.
Maybe the middle could be a bit more interesting as monitor said, but I don't mind an open middle like this at all.

A little thought: The third base is really close. The highground thing is really nice for it but I feel like it's just very easy, close and thus rather boring. Considering you can just camp on 3 bases in SC2 and this is one of the main criticisms with maps, I would personally use a half base here, just to give more incentive to take a fourth and not let games end on 3 bases too much cos people didn't see the need to expand further.

Btw the word half base is kinda stupid since it's a 3/4 base really

Haha, indeed. I couldn't decide if I disliked the lowground 3rd to say something about it, but I sort of like the idea of a 3/4 base. NEW TREND INC This would give players the option to extend themselves to the peninsula for a full 3rd base, which drastically opens the map if both players choose to go that way. The current low ground 3rd is pretty vulnerable to the high ground position next to it, so even though it's very close, it might be deceptively not-turtley.

A 3/4 low 3rd would also put a little more incentive on going to the island, which already looks like a legitimate 4th base anyway, so that'd be cool.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
January 26 2013 03:35 GMT
#26
WOW very cool looking map and quite smart as well

Awesome work!
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
January 26 2013 03:39 GMT
#27
By the way? T can wall off on this map with only a rax or at least a depot + rax right?

Not sure if I like.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
January 27 2013 11:45 GMT
#28
Had a chance to make a few updates today, nothing major so far though.

[image loading]


List of changes in v1.1:
- Texturing Refinement.
- Main choke fixed.
- Path to high ground third widened slightly. (2-4 squares).

List of changes in v1.2:
- Low ground third moved away from natural slightly (4-5 squares).
- Low ground third minerals and gas reoriented.
- Added overlord hiding spot to top natural to match bottom natural.
- High-ground path above low-ground third widened slightly, and ramp moved backward slightly also.



Trying to work on a fix for the towers, but haven't figured out what I want to do for them yet.

More changes to come!
Retired Mapmaker™
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
January 27 2013 14:50 GMT
#29
I feel like the higher ground should be paler and the lower ground more verdant green.

Otherwise, a map. The island is so far from the main, and blinkable, I don't know what to think about it.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
January 27 2013 15:38 GMT
#30
you got some nice features implemented here. really like it. if it only was a bit bigger (main, space in between).
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 14:51:46
January 28 2013 14:07 GMT
#31
List of changes in v1.3:
THIS VERSION IS YET TO BE UPLOADED AND UPDATED.
- Many texturing and foliage refinement.
- Separate towers removed and singular tower added to middle. This allows for scouting the short rush distance but allows for sneaky army movement around the edges of the map out of the tower's vision. :D

Edit:

***SNIPPET, bad design, scrapped and thrown down the longdrop***

MAP REVERTED TO v1.2


Retired Mapmaker™
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
January 28 2013 14:52 GMT
#32
I still want to know if you can wall of your main with a single depot and rax because it looks like it.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
January 28 2013 14:54 GMT
#33
On January 28 2013 23:52 SiskosGoatee wrote:
I still want to know if you can wall of your main with a single depot and rax because it looks like it.


main does not work anyway
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 15:14:22
January 28 2013 15:04 GMT
#34
On January 28 2013 23:54 Samro225am wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 23:52 SiskosGoatee wrote:
I still want to know if you can wall of your main with a single depot and rax because it looks like it.


main does not work anyway
Hmm, you mean you can't wall your main with a single depot and rax?

Edit: Well, you can: [image loading]

this is a tight wall, scv can't leave.

Not sure if I like it if T has the ability to wall tight at 12 pop and on top of that have a high ground. No way to know if T took gas or is 2raxing or is going 1 rax CC etc.

Well, I'm sure that I don't like it. Something like this is pretty much a dealbreaker for me. Map has to be really good to compensate for this. I like my scouting.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 15:27:49
January 28 2013 15:22 GMT
#35
On January 29 2013 00:04 SiskosGoatee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 23:54 Samro225am wrote:
On January 28 2013 23:52 SiskosGoatee wrote:
I still want to know if you can wall of your main with a single depot and rax because it looks like it.


main does not work anyway
Hmm, you mean you can't wall your main with a single depot and rax?

Edit: Well, you can: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


this is a tight wall, scv can't leave.

Not sure if I like it if T has the ability to wall tight at 12 pop and on top of that have a high ground. No way to know if T took gas or is 2raxing or is going 1 rax CC etc.

Well, I'm sure that I don't like it. Something like this is pretty much a dealbreaker for me. Map has to be really good to compensate for this. I like my scouting.


The current thread version has fixed this. I just need to update it on the servers, unfortunately my internet is on the fritz at the moment and uploading anything is an exhausting process.

On January 28 2013 23:54 Samro225am wrote:

main does not work anyway


Too small? Thats my next change, tomorrow!
Retired Mapmaker™
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
January 28 2013 15:36 GMT
#36
On January 29 2013 00:22 eTcetRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 00:04 SiskosGoatee wrote:
On January 28 2013 23:54 Samro225am wrote:
On January 28 2013 23:52 SiskosGoatee wrote:
I still want to know if you can wall of your main with a single depot and rax because it looks like it.


main does not work anyway
Hmm, you mean you can't wall your main with a single depot and rax?

Edit: Well, you can: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


this is a tight wall, scv can't leave.

Not sure if I like it if T has the ability to wall tight at 12 pop and on top of that have a high ground. No way to know if T took gas or is 2raxing or is going 1 rax CC etc.

Well, I'm sure that I don't like it. Something like this is pretty much a dealbreaker for me. Map has to be really good to compensate for this. I like my scouting.


The current thread version has fixed this. I just need to update it on the servers, unfortunately my internet is on the fritz at the moment and uploading anything is an exhausting process.
Cool, it's the only real flaw with the map I can think of I guess.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
January 28 2013 16:06 GMT
#37
On January 29 2013 00:22 eTcetRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 00:04 SiskosGoatee wrote:
On January 28 2013 23:54 Samro225am wrote:
On January 28 2013 23:52 SiskosGoatee wrote:
I still want to know if you can wall of your main with a single depot and rax because it looks like it.


main does not work anyway
Hmm, you mean you can't wall your main with a single depot and rax?

Edit: Well, you can: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


this is a tight wall, scv can't leave.

Not sure if I like it if T has the ability to wall tight at 12 pop and on top of that have a high ground. No way to know if T took gas or is 2raxing or is going 1 rax CC etc.

Well, I'm sure that I don't like it. Something like this is pretty much a dealbreaker for me. Map has to be really good to compensate for this. I like my scouting.


The current thread version has fixed this. I just need to update it on the servers, unfortunately my internet is on the fritz at the moment and uploading anything is an exhausting process.

Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 23:54 Samro225am wrote:

main does not work anyway


Too small? Thats my next change, tomorrow!



it works, but it is too small in my opinion. there is a lot of space covered by siegetanks. not a balance issue really, but a good indicator that your main is small.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 11:27:10
January 30 2013 11:21 GMT
#38
Okay, version 1.2 officially uploaded to [SEA] [NA] [EU] [HOTS] [KR]


List of changes in v1.2 from v1.0 (which is currently uploaded):

- Main bases enlarged slightly.
- Main ramp changed to require standard wall-of.
- Added overlord hiding spot to top natural to match bottom natural.
- Low ground third moved away from natural slightly (4-5 squares).
- Low ground third minerals and gas reoriented.
- High-ground path above low-ground third widened slightly.
- Ramp from low-ground third to high-ground path moved backward slightly.
- Cliffs surrounding the low-ground paths (3 oclock and 9 oclock) changed to match each other (for overlord purposes).

[image loading]
Retired Mapmaker™
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
February 15 2013 03:32 GMT
#39
Now uploaded on [NA]


Also minor update to the rocks on the islands, which now have 750 health and 1 armour, up from 500 health and 1 armour.
Retired Mapmaker™
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
February 15 2013 03:36 GMT
#40
On January 30 2013 20:21 eTcetRa wrote:
List of changes in v1.2 from v1.0 (which is currently uploaded):

- Added overlord hiding spot to top natural to match bottom natural.

Heh... heheh
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 18
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1276
Mini 936
Soma 648
actioN 442
Rush 435
Light 343
Horang2 341
Larva 314
BeSt 291
hero 262
[ Show more ]
Snow 257
Stork 255
ggaemo 224
Barracks 138
firebathero 128
Killer 122
Zeus 98
Sea.KH 85
Aegong 78
Shine 72
Mong 71
JYJ 62
Dewaltoss 52
Sharp 40
ToSsGirL 38
Shinee 37
soO 34
Sexy 32
Bale 28
sorry 16
zelot 16
Rock 15
Sacsri 14
Terrorterran 14
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7836
qojqva1882
Dendi707
420jenkins110
Counter-Strike
Fnx 710
kRYSTAL_101
x6flipin89
edward22
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5270
Khaldor513
Other Games
gofns44522
singsing1676
B2W.Neo894
byalli519
Lowko414
DeMusliM225
Mlord186
Liquid`VortiX165
Livibee153
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS112
Railgan20
Chillindude16
Trikslyr14
amsayoshi12
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV232
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 79
• mYiSmile114
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV413
League of Legends
• Nemesis2173
• Jankos1771
• TFBlade608
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 8m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.