• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:35
CEST 11:35
KST 18:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7842 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 131

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 182 Next
Virulentz
Profile Joined March 2014
Germany3 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-15 08:28:57
March 15 2014 07:49 GMT
#2601
I uploaded a map to Battle.net, but if I try to change the name, it's telling me that the map and the local files need the old name. Any way to change that?
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
March 15 2014 13:16 GMT
#2602
I remember having seen a thread somewhere around here examining distances on four-player maps, but I only found this very old thread. Surely there must be newer discussions on this topic?

Generally speaking, what is the minimum main2main distance for a four-player map if the nat2nat distance is about the same and all distances with other spawns are significantly longer?
not a community mapmaker
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
March 15 2014 17:58 GMT
#2603
On March 15 2014 16:49 Virulentz wrote:
I uploaded a map to Battle.net, but if I try to change the name, it's telling me that the map and the local files need the old name. Any way to change that?

There are two names
One is record name on your computer
One is set in map info

Both must be taken into account
Open map
Go to map info
Change name
Save as
Publish map
(new name might not be available)
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
Virulentz
Profile Joined March 2014
Germany3 Posts
March 15 2014 20:25 GMT
#2604
On March 16 2014 02:58 enord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 16:49 Virulentz wrote:
I uploaded a map to Battle.net, but if I try to change the name, it's telling me that the map and the local files need the old name. Any way to change that?

There are two names
One is record name on your computer
One is set in map info

Both must be taken into account
Open map
Go to map info
Change name
Save as
Publish map
(new name might not be available)


I tried that, but it says that the local files name must match, so even if i change both it doesnt allow me to do it...
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
March 15 2014 20:47 GMT
#2605
is your map composed of several documents?

have you filled all your slots/space on bnet?


screenshot of the event/errormessage

make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
Virulentz
Profile Joined March 2014
Germany3 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-15 20:56:50
March 15 2014 20:55 GMT
#2606
It's my first map, so i don't think i filled all my slots, but unfortunately a sreenshot is not possible cause it disappears immediately.
To precise it, the mistake is when i try to upload it to the Battle.net, i can change the names, but then I can't upload...
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
March 15 2014 22:17 GMT
#2607
On March 16 2014 05:55 Virulentz wrote:
It's my first map, so i don't think i filled all my slots, but unfortunately a sreenshot is not possible cause it disappears immediately.
To precise it, the mistake is when i try to upload it to the Battle.net, i can change the names, but then I can't upload...

"disappears immediately."
:/ ?

"I can't upload."
make up a new name no one would use, save it (in map info/name and for of your saved doc on your comp)
check dependencies
upload dependencie(s) first if any / if required
publish

if message is change name to all locales
do it



(do send me a pm if you wish help on skype or other)

it should upload (barring any mapbnet being down / your connection / your map / editor being broke)
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 12:48:28
March 16 2014 12:47 GMT
#2608
why is photon cycles not on page 1?

bunch of pansies gamers

this is the best rtsg ever... do i have to do another thread to prove it?
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
WhalesFromSpace
Profile Joined March 2012
390 Posts
March 19 2014 19:46 GMT
#2609
When I use trigger 'createunit' and select medivac, the medivac has no speed burst... how do I make it spawn the HOTS medivac? Also the hellions are created with the capacity to transform, but other units like marines and marauders don't have their abilities like stim enabled upon creation... sort of confusing to me... how do I determine which unit abilities are enabled when I create them with a trigger?
Nihility
EthanS
Profile Joined February 2011
United States206 Posts
March 20 2014 09:51 GMT
#2610
How do you design main-natural-thirds to be scoutable* and attackable, but not "blink-all-in"-able?

I'm seeing a lot of very wide chasms/doodads along sides of the mains, but is it the open sides that let the "all-in"** gambit work? I see three possibilities and I'm honestly not sure:
1. lots of exposed cliff space away from the natural is allowing "surprise" blink ups. E.g., the long cliff btwn 3d and Main on Heavy Rain. Lots of recent maps in the WIP thread are addressing this, similar to Habitation Station's doodad chasm.
2. the position of the main ramp, perhaps too close to the front and therefore allowing sentries to forcefield and split or trap terran army? See Frost, Heavy Rain, and Yeonsu.
3. the presence of a large landing pad above the choke at the natural. So if P parks just outside the natural, they can threaten to move forward into natural or blink up to the main? Looking here at Polar Night and Heavy Rain, much less on Yeonsu, and non-existent on Daedalus.

Blizzard just said on b.net that they are looking at revising maps for next season to reduce strength of blink play. It'd be good if we knew how to do that without overdoing it.

*I presume scoutable means "able to be entered by reapers" bc Z,P scout w/ ovie or obs/halluc, and we don't want to force T to scan.
**Yes, its not really an all-in. That's the problem...
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-20 14:07:25
March 20 2014 12:23 GMT
#2611
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 20 2014 04:46 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
When I use trigger 'createunit' and select medivac, the medivac has no speed burst... how do I make it spawn the HOTS medivac? Also the hellions are created with the capacity to transform, but other units like marines and marauders don't have their abilities like stim enabled upon creation... sort of confusing to me... how do I determine which unit abilities are enabled when I create them with a trigger?

when you created the map .. did you choose hots or wol?

possibly you are suffering from "incomplete" dependencies?
at some point/place the dependencies parse the data into different documents
campaign and multi are "competitive" and the result can be disappointing

just examine what dependencie you do have loaded (to have the best of both "data" source, you must recreate one of them manualy (copy pasting from one map to the other works somewhat, good luck)

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 20 2014 18:51 EthanS wrote:
How do you design main-natural-thirds to be scoutable* and attackable, but not "blink-all-in"-able?

I'm seeing a lot of very wide chasms/doodads along sides of the mains, but is it the open sides that let the "all-in"** gambit work? I see three possibilities and I'm honestly not sure:
1. lots of exposed cliff space away from the natural is allowing "surprise" blink ups. E.g., the long cliff btwn 3d and Main on Heavy Rain. Lots of recent maps in the WIP thread are addressing this, similar to Habitation Station's doodad chasm.
2. the position of the main ramp, perhaps too close to the front and therefore allowing sentries to forcefield and split or trap terran army? See Frost, Heavy Rain, and Yeonsu.
3. the presence of a large landing pad above the choke at the natural. So if P parks just outside the natural, they can threaten to move forward into natural or blink up to the main? Looking here at Polar Night and Heavy Rain, much less on Yeonsu, and non-existent on Daedalus.

Blizzard just said on b.net that they are looking at revising maps for next season to reduce strength of blink play. It'd be good if we knew how to do that without overdoing it.

*I presume scoutable means "able to be entered by reapers" bc Z,P scout w/ ovie or obs/halluc, and we don't want to force T to scan.
**Yes, its not really an all-in. That's the problem...


there are several tools that allow map)makers to parse the space
unpathable layer
doodads or units who's footprints prevent from using the path
doodads that prevent vision
and the only one that works : pathing via level and using the unpathable lowest level

some work when done in proper combinations (warning: be wary of the "height" layer where you place these tio get the desired effect), some never have worked since beta

in essence, the parsing of a map into zones (with a focus on blink and cliff-jumping) requires to take a slightly bigger canvas (map size) to insure that un-blinkable / un-climable space may be devoted to its purpose

edit ps : + Show Spoiler +
i love 360 drop/blink/climbable mains myself, but to each his or her own
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
Harreh
Profile Joined September 2013
90 Posts
March 20 2014 14:39 GMT
#2612
Why are Xel'Naga towers pretty much always surrounded by LOS blockers? I'm not really sure what having the blockers really achieve.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
March 20 2014 14:40 GMT
#2613
Makes it harder to know if someone has captured the tower or not.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
WhalesFromSpace
Profile Joined March 2012
390 Posts
March 20 2014 20:23 GMT
#2614
On March 20 2014 21:23 enord wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 20 2014 04:46 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
When I use trigger 'createunit' and select medivac, the medivac has no speed burst... how do I make it spawn the HOTS medivac? Also the hellions are created with the capacity to transform, but other units like marines and marauders don't have their abilities like stim enabled upon creation... sort of confusing to me... how do I determine which unit abilities are enabled when I create them with a trigger?

when you created the map .. did you choose hots or wol?

possibly you are suffering from "incomplete" dependencies?
at some point/place the dependencies parse the data into different documents
campaign and multi are "competitive" and the result can be disappointing

just examine what dependencie you do have loaded (to have the best of both "data" source, you must recreate one of them manualy (copy pasting from one map to the other works somewhat, good luck)

I am quite sure I picked hots, because there are mines and battle hellions.

Just to make sure I am understanding you:
Because I selected both campaign and multi as dependencies, they are interfering with eachother? If I turn off campaign dependency then I will get the medivac from multiplayer? And then if I want something from campaign dependency, add it manually?
Nihility
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
March 20 2014 21:37 GMT
#2615
There should be 2 or 3 separate medivac units, one from liberty, one from swarm multi and possibly one from swarm campaign, it should be a matter of picking the correct one. The sure-fire way to make sure it works is to duplicate the unit you want to use and pick that new unit. For the abilities, since they are upgrades, you will need to add an event that grants the upgrade to the player that is receiving the units. Can't think of the name of the specific event type. If you want some marines to have stim and others to not have stim, you will need two separate units.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
March 21 2014 05:32 GMT
#2616
On March 20 2014 23:39 Harreh wrote:
Why are Xel'Naga towers pretty much always surrounded by LOS blockers? I'm not really sure what having the blockers really achieve.

My guess is that it makes the towers even more valuable by giving players who capture the tower an actual army advantage in addition to the vision the tower grants. Enemy units approaching the tower cannot see your units at the tower due to the LoS blockers, but you can see them due to the tower vision, so your units can shoot while theirs cannot.
vibeo gane,
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
March 21 2014 15:29 GMT
#2617
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 21 2014 05:23 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 21:23 enord wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 20 2014 04:46 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
When I use trigger 'createunit' and select medivac, the medivac has no speed burst... how do I make it spawn the HOTS medivac? Also the hellions are created with the capacity to transform, but other units like marines and marauders don't have their abilities like stim enabled upon creation... sort of confusing to me... how do I determine which unit abilities are enabled when I create them with a trigger?

when you created the map .. did you choose hots or wol?

possibly you are suffering from "incomplete" dependencies?
at some point/place the dependencies parse the data into different documents
campaign and multi are "competitive" and the result can be disappointing

just examine what dependencie you do have loaded (to have the best of both "data" source, you must recreate one of them manualy (copy pasting from one map to the other works somewhat, good luck)

I am quite sure I picked hots, because there are mines and battle hellions.

Just to make sure I am understanding you:
Because I selected both campaign and multi as dependencies, they are interfering with eachother? If I turn off campaign dependency then I will get the medivac from multiplayer? And then if I want something from campaign dependency, add it manually?


there are two points:

what is available in the editor (to place on the map)
what medivac is available to be bought in the starport

maybe the one you want is available in your data editor and you just have to switch it in the starport instead of the one you have
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
March 21 2014 18:54 GMT
#2618
Theoretical (at least for me) question, looking for input from players who have actual experience with this: Is it really a bad thing when the main mineral line or base can be sieged/nuked from the natural? It seems to me this is only a problem for Zerg anyway, and when you get to a point where your opponent has tanks or nukes and you don't have a natural, the game's over for Zerg either way, right?
not a community mapmaker
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
March 23 2014 02:53 GMT
#2619
for once i hate to say it but you would get answers in the strategy forum
just preface it by "from a mapmaker to players"

for me a main should be siege-able
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
WhalesFromSpace
Profile Joined March 2012
390 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-23 22:56:00
March 23 2014 20:28 GMT
#2620
On March 20 2014 21:23 enord wrote:

just examine what dependencie you do have loaded (to have the best of both "data" source, you must recreate one of them manualy (copy pasting from one map to the other works somewhat, good luck)


It looks like I had only campaign dependencies on, so how do I copy-paste the units/abilities from multi into my map? I can't seem to be able to have two maps open at once.
Nihility
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 186
EnDerr 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16470
Hyuk 648
Rush 203
Bisu 197
actioN 191
Soma 184
Stork 172
EffOrt 84
Mong 77
Shinee 71
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 57
ToSsGirL 56
Shine 53
Killer 46
Bale 42
Hm[arnc] 32
Noble 30
Sharp 29
Pusan 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 24
Barracks 14
yabsab 14
sorry 12
Sacsri 11
HiyA 10
Dota 2
Gorgc2625
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1266
shoxiejesuss746
edward7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King152
Other Games
gofns29684
summit1g7447
singsing1270
ceh9523
crisheroes153
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick690
BasetradeTV144
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• StrangeGG 23
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV185
• lizZardDota2148
League of Legends
• Stunt390
Other Games
• Shiphtur1140
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
26m
INu's Battles
1h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 26m
OSC
12h 41m
Replay Cast
13h 26m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.