• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7688 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 130

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 182 Next
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
February 28 2014 18:49 GMT
#2581
On February 28 2014 18:00 JessicaSc2 wrote:
How do I change the hp/armor of the rocks?

you open your map
click on data editor
select units tab
type "rocks" in filter research window
select the proper one that you want / are going to change
go to stats tab
look for Cunit LifeMax
change the value

make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
March 01 2014 03:58 GMT
#2582
On February 27 2014 12:29 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 09:52 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
So I want to try my hand at making a melee map. I know it's probably gonna suck but is there a guide or something for making a decent standard map? Maybe just some tips?

Just basic checklist of things I can think of at present:

- Enable symmetry, obviously
- Main base should be about one and a half screens
- Main should (at least for standard maps) always be on higher ground than nat with the smallest possible ramp connecting the two diagonally (when done vertically or horizontally it screws with terran walls)
- Give a decent amount of airspace to allow for drops and space behind the mineral lines for both drops and buildings
- Careful of how much surface area the main has with the rest of the map (think reapers/blink stalkers). Yeonsu is a very blink-prone map, Habitation Station is not.
- Make the third moderately easy to defend. Look at existing melee maps (except Alterzim) to see how their thirds are positioned, and factor this into your design.
- Have multiple attack paths for multiple kinds of engagements. Be sure to make some narrow spaces (for Protoss-favored engagements) and some wide spaces (for Zerg-favored engagements).
- Lots of elevation changes always makes things interesting, although it does create corridors, so be wary of not making the map too Protossy.

In short, when designing your map, keep in mind what features of a map benefit and cripple each race, and also try and add in features that make games dynamic. I don't know specific tips for this, for example, but be sure to avoid maps that can easily be split and stalemated between two players. Just slam a few maps out, see how you like them and the community likes them, and go from there


thank you, but I have a question about the editor itself. there are the blue and yellow lines on the map, the bounds. should I be messing with those or just leave them and make the map normally?
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
SonGoku
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany152 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-01 22:11:23
March 01 2014 04:33 GMT
#2583
lul, totally wrong section T_T
Vlade
Profile Joined April 2013
United States14 Posts
March 03 2014 04:11 GMT
#2584
Can you change the tips shown in 1v1 ladder loading screens to your own custom tips?

And is there a way to create a mod or other shareable file for this, to compile a quality tips database that everyone can easily use? Finally, would such a mod be against the rules?
theworldofdustoerba
Profile Joined November 2012
51 Posts
March 03 2014 18:58 GMT
#2585
what is the intro music please help

And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-05 20:59:11
March 05 2014 14:09 GMT
#2586
How can I change the textures of destructible rocks and resources? You know, like jungle tilesets have rocks that are more green while wasteland tilesets have red rocks. I can change the texture theme of rock doodads, but for units I can only select Default. I thought there would be an option in the map's terrain type in the data window but changing the key "editor categories" has no effect and I see nothing else that might control this.

Also, I have the problem that when zooming out, fog effects disappear. I don't mind this when editing, but the fog also doesn't appear in exported map images unless I zoom way in. Changing the editor's video settings has no effect on this.


Edit: I want some doodads to block vision, which effectively means placing invisible LOS blockers on the same square. However, since the doodads are pretty large this makes the LOS blockers disappear and I can't select them anymore. My current solution is to temporarily replace all LOS blockers with a different visible doodad that I can then move. Is there a better way of doing this?
not a community mapmaker
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
March 06 2014 01:47 GMT
#2587
On March 05 2014 23:09 And G wrote:
How can I change the textures of destructible rocks and resources? You know, like jungle tilesets have rocks that are more green while wasteland tilesets have red rocks. I can change the texture theme of rock doodads, but for units I can only select Default. I thought there would be an option in the map's terrain type in the data window but changing the key "editor categories" has no effect and I see nothing else that might control this.



Change the "texture prop" of the tileset's data options.
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
March 06 2014 08:39 GMT
#2588
Thanks!

New problem: I must have accidentally pressed some shortcut because now whenever I try to rotate two mirrored objects, they rotate around their common centre instead of each rotating around itself. How can I turn this off?
not a community mapmaker
Harreh
Profile Joined September 2013
90 Posts
March 06 2014 12:53 GMT
#2589
I was working on a map, loaded it up today and I get some errors:
"unable to load dependencies, continue y/n"

"y: Unable to open archive (Files are missing from your StarCraft II installation.)"

Any ideas anyone?
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
March 06 2014 21:43 GMT
#2590
On March 06 2014 17:39 And G wrote:
Thanks!

New problem: I must have accidentally pressed some shortcut because now whenever I try to rotate two mirrored objects, they rotate around their common centre instead of each rotating around itself. How can I turn this off?


Sounds like you need to turn symmetry off (?) If you have symmetry on it will select both mirrored objects and when you have multiple objects selected they rotate together. You might also Ctrl+Click which rotates the object towards your mouse without moving them
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Harreh
Profile Joined September 2013
90 Posts
March 06 2014 23:28 GMT
#2591
On March 06 2014 21:53 Harreh wrote:
I was working on a map, loaded it up today and I get some errors:
"unable to load dependencies, continue y/n"

"y: Unable to open archive (Files are missing from your StarCraft II installation.)"

Any ideas anyone?

nm, it's cool. Found a backup in the backup folder.. hurrah!
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-07 12:01:38
March 07 2014 11:53 GMT
#2592
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 01 2014 12:58 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 12:29 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On February 27 2014 09:52 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
So I want to try my hand at making a melee map. I know it's probably gonna suck but is there a guide or something for making a decent standard map? Maybe just some tips?

Just basic checklist of things I can think of at present:

- Enable symmetry, obviously
- Main base should be about one and a half screens
- Main should (at least for standard maps) always be on higher ground than nat with the smallest possible ramp connecting the two diagonally (when done vertically or horizontally it screws with terran walls)
- Give a decent amount of airspace to allow for drops and space behind the mineral lines for both drops and buildings
- Careful of how much surface area the main has with the rest of the map (think reapers/blink stalkers). Yeonsu is a very blink-prone map, Habitation Station is not.
- Make the third moderately easy to defend. Look at existing melee maps (except Alterzim) to see how their thirds are positioned, and factor this into your design.
- Have multiple attack paths for multiple kinds of engagements. Be sure to make some narrow spaces (for Protoss-favored engagements) and some wide spaces (for Zerg-favored engagements).
- Lots of elevation changes always makes things interesting, although it does create corridors, so be wary of not making the map too Protossy.

In short, when designing your map, keep in mind what features of a map benefit and cripple each race, and also try and add in features that make games dynamic. I don't know specific tips for this, for example, but be sure to avoid maps that can easily be split and stalemated between two players. Just slam a few maps out, see how you like them and the community likes them, and go from there


thank you, but I have a question about the editor itself. there are the blue and yellow lines on the map, the bounds. should I be messing with those or just leave them and make the map normally?

As a general rule, don't expand an existing map (prone to bugs).. elements already present on the map will bug
i always take max map size and then reduce it (if required) once the map is finished... Just start your map from the center outward, it will allow you to make the borders exactly as required.
As for displaying them, go to view/something/bounds and click/unclick to display or hide them.
(one is the playable bound, the other is the accessible visual surrounding playable zone

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 03 2014 13:11 Vlade wrote:
Can you change the tips shown in 1v1 ladder loading screens to your own custom tips?

And is there a way to create a mod or other share-able file for this, to compile a quality tips database that everyone can easily use? Finally, would such a mod be against the rules?

You can change anything in galaxy, check "ui" (should go surf sc2mapster) .. tips like anything else..
however, this is "forego your melee tag/label" territory .. i never thought the distinction useful/sensible or even warranted, but most players do :/

As for doing it in a mod, seems like a swell idea, and i don't see how the concept of "rules" should appy :D
good project <3 glhf

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 04 2014 03:58 theworldofdustoerba wrote:
what is the intro music please help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3J5OrhFEVY&list=FLKskDn8Iy7PIL-i-LQ8bmqA

no idea sowy

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 05 2014 23:09 And G wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
How can I change the textures of destructible rocks and resources? You know, like jungle tilesets have rocks that are more green while wasteland tilesets have red rocks. I can change the texture theme of rock doodads, but for units I can only select Default. I thought there would be an option in the map's terrain type in the data window but changing the key "editor categories" has no effect and I see nothing else that might control this.


Also, I have the problem that when zooming out, fog effects disappear. I don't mind this when editing, but the fog also doesn't appear in exported map images unless I zoom way in. Changing the editor's video settings has no effect on this.


Edit: I want some doodads to block vision, which effectively means placing invisible LOS blockers on the same square. However, since the doodads are pretty large this makes the LOS blockers disappear and I can't select them anymore. My current solution is to temporarily replace all LOS blockers with a different visible doodad that I can then move. Is there a better way of doing this?


You are stuck with the zoom problem, screenshots with a large screen is a bit better.. link me the map if you want me to try to get a good rendition showcasing your doodads, i'll try/do my best

As for how to get ahold of these, you select a large square around the doodad and unselect others, then press return to open its features or to "command x" (cut it) to re place them some place else
you can also see/select them via/from the "present on the map" doodads

+ Show Spoiler +
<3 TheFish7
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
partycat
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland16 Posts
March 11 2014 20:16 GMT
#2593
Hi,

Im new to map making and Im making a simple training map. I edited terrain, did all sorts of cool stuff with triggers, edited unit data - but. I couldnt get a reactor nor tech lab attached to a barracks. Like, have a reactored/TLed barracks there when the map starts. I just find that really hard ._. All I get is barracks with an addon next to it, but the barracks doesnt use it.

Could someone tell me how to do this? thanks.
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-12 00:01:42
March 11 2014 23:59 GMT
#2594
you must study the buildings that do use the reactors or tech labs

behaviors you might have missed maybe..

plus i don't remember the attachment bit...

if i wanted to do it... i'd copy and change an existing building that does already use said attachments (you chose)
edit: plus remember that the building is "3" buildings (one with nothing atttached / one with a techlab/ one with a reactor)

so as to replicate the effect/goal

glhf
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-12 06:46:32
March 12 2014 06:43 GMT
#2595
Does anyone know where that tutorial to remove cliff meshes for making custom bridges w/ doodads is? Does that even still work?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I was searching only title, not content.

Sadly, it no longer seems possible, as the Terrain Cliff data bar does not let you set the cliff mesh to none.
Roswell
Profile Joined November 2013
United States250 Posts
March 13 2014 00:04 GMT
#2596
Is there a map that combines MTG style turn based system with RTS style battles once you choose to attack? And if not how hard would that be to make in the galaxy editor?
"You are the bravest boy I have ever met"
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
March 13 2014 00:23 GMT
#2597
There is no real way to change the terrain, so each time you attack it would have to be on the same battlefield.
Roswell
Profile Joined November 2013
United States250 Posts
March 13 2014 00:25 GMT
#2598
On March 13 2014 09:23 turtles wrote:
There is no real way to change the terrain, so each time you attack it would have to be on the same battlefield.

well yeah but you would have a battleground. and then youd have the board ground. on the board ground units cant attack / once you play your card or choose to battle it moves those units to the battleground. i think it would be cool because you could force a player to use a spell he doesnt want to use yet, because you start to win a fight you shouldnt, (two 2/2 guys vs a 5/4 creature.)
"You are the bravest boy I have ever met"
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 04:03:24
March 13 2014 03:51 GMT
#2599
You could make it but it would be extremely time consuming, i mean you'd have to set up the entire game system with custom variables, triggers, I am assuming a custom UI, custom abilities, completely non-standard units etc. It wouldn't be easy but also not particularly difficult, assuming you have full knowledge of the editor. Someone did make a final-fantasy like battle system, but it was just the battle system without the underlying game elements. IMO it would be easier to make a game similar to say, final fintasy tactics, basically have units act as buildings that can only move and use abilities via trigger
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
March 13 2014 04:08 GMT
#2600
two 2/2 guys vs a 5/4 creature.


That doesn't sound much like an RTS. I was thinking more like a game of risk where you move forces around the board ground and then the battle is faught RTS style. In which case the terrain would get boring.

But I see you're thinking of a more MTG style game where you would have an arena kind of area where you fight with a handfull of monsters and spells and utilize micro to give an edge in battle.

Totally do-able, But I don't know how you would make spells work or incorporate micro and still make it balanced. I'm sure you've thought most of it through. From a technical standpoint there is nothing holding you back. Though there is a very steep learning curve to the editor.
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 523
BRAT_OK 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31162
Bisu 2702
Shuttle 1679
Hyuk 1013
Mini 819
EffOrt 818
Larva 422
Soma 380
ZerO 243
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
hero 137
sorry 72
Sexy 57
Hyun 46
PianO 45
Mong 42
Pusan 37
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 28
zelot 18
Terrorterran 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 11
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10112
qojqva1910
Dendi1001
Counter-Strike
fl0m2746
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1455
crisheroes1146
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
singsing1975
B2W.Neo1000
Beastyqt646
FrodaN624
Mlord386
Hui .236
Livibee180
Liquid`VortiX157
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King71
Trikslyr24
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8080
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• Shiphtur203
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 55m
INu's Battles
19h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.