• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10648 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 58

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 82 Next
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 05:43 GMT
#1141
Yes I say that after making a big deal of not wanting to move my vote earlier.

I thought Vivax had been the safe bet for most of the day but Hapa made me lose my shit by not pushing Vivax earlier.
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 05:44 GMT
#1142
Its okay, lets hear why i am mafia with Vivax.
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 05:45 GMT
#1143
On December 01 2020 14:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 14:34 Tictock wrote:
On November 30 2020 10:28 Tictock wrote:
Like I know you are down to a pool of Rayn/Vivax/Myself, assuming I read ok

So I suppose I would have to accept a Rayn/Vivax world


Humm, is this so crazy?

It suppose it could explain some things.

True colors coming out?


Yep, or at least a moment of reconsidering.

Because you now fall under the same thing I was scum reading Hapa for.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 05:45 GMT
#1144
Well different, but very similar
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 05:48 GMT
#1145
On December 01 2020 14:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Its okay, lets hear why i am mafia with Vivax.


I am not getting into that, just saying Vivax should be the lynch here.
I can take that responsibility.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 05:51 GMT
#1146
On December 01 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Let's make a deal TT.

I think Vivax is mafia. You think Vivax is mafia.

Let's kill Vivax. After that, since we both think that Trfel is the JK, he can simply block me tomorrow and "confirm me as mafia". Sounds good?

Game solved and over from your perspective. No need to argue or do anything.
@raynpelikoneet, you are referring to this discussion, right?

I don't think Hapahauli was trying to argue that we should kill between Vivax/Tictock first instead of him because it's somehow superior. Rather, the point Hapahauli is trying to make here is that Tictock is suspicious because by his own logic, he should be fine lynching Vivax. Hapahauli was trying to see if Tictock would go along with that and vote for Vivax, or if he would hesitate. I read it as more of an experiment.

Like I get that he could do this as mafia. It's mafia motivated to move votes off of oneself. But why wouldn't Hapahauli do this as town?

If you're referring to a different discussion, the above is all moot. In that case if you could please point me to it? Because I (quickly) read the thread from Hapahauli's claim until this point and didn't find what you are referring to.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 05:55 GMT
#1147
On December 01 2020 14:48 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 14:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Its okay, lets hear why i am mafia with Vivax.


I am not getting into that, just saying Vivax should be the lynch here.
Can I ask why it's better to lynch Vivax than Hapahauli? I thought you were scumreading both equally?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 05:57 GMT
#1148
What's my play on D2? Vote for Vivax and hard defend jock so????
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 05:58 GMT
#1149
Am i thinking mafia!vivax will somehow exonerate himself or what?
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 06:02 GMT
#1150
On December 01 2020 14:55 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 14:48 Tictock wrote:
On December 01 2020 14:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Its okay, lets hear why i am mafia with Vivax.


I am not getting into that, just saying Vivax should be the lynch here.
Can I ask why it's better to lynch Vivax than Hapahauli? I thought you were scumreading both equally?


Yea but then Rayn fell into the same trap that had me pushing Hapa so much for. Which ironically was the same thing he is scum reading me for... But I did was doing the experiment first!

All of which revolves around people not wanting to kill Vivax, thus WE KILL VIVAX!
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 06:04 GMT
#1151
On December 01 2020 14:51 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Let's make a deal TT.

I think Vivax is mafia. You think Vivax is mafia.

Let's kill Vivax. After that, since we both think that Trfel is the JK, he can simply block me tomorrow and "confirm me as mafia". Sounds good?

Game solved and over from your perspective. No need to argue or do anything.
@raynpelikoneet, you are referring to this discussion, right?

I don't think Hapahauli was trying to argue that we should kill between Vivax/Tictock first instead of him because it's somehow superior. Rather, the point Hapahauli is trying to make here is that Tictock is suspicious because by his own logic, he should be fine lynching Vivax. Hapahauli was trying to see if Tictock would go along with that and vote for Vivax, or if he would hesitate. I read it as more of an experiment.

Like I get that he could do this as mafia. It's mafia motivated to move votes off of oneself. But why wouldn't Hapahauli do this as town?

If you're referring to a different discussion, the above is all moot. In that case if you could please point me to it? Because I (quickly) read the thread from Hapahauli's claim until this point and didn't find what you are referring to.

Yes i understand towards TT it can be this. Towards you though it doesnt follow the same logic.

If his experiment went well and TT came off as scummy why is he not voting for TT then? I know TT is voting for Vivax here but still, he was very hesitant at first.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 06:05 GMT
#1152
On December 01 2020 15:02 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 14:55 Trfel wrote:
On December 01 2020 14:48 Tictock wrote:
On December 01 2020 14:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Its okay, lets hear why i am mafia with Vivax.


I am not getting into that, just saying Vivax should be the lynch here.
Can I ask why it's better to lynch Vivax than Hapahauli? I thought you were scumreading both equally?


Yea but then Rayn fell into the same trap that had me pushing Hapa so much for. Which ironically was the same thing he is scum reading me for... But I did was doing the experiment first!

All of which revolves around people not wanting to kill Vivax, thus WE KILL VIVAX!

This is literally fucking bullshit.
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 06:16 GMT
#1153
On December 01 2020 15:04 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 14:51 Trfel wrote:
On December 01 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Let's make a deal TT.

I think Vivax is mafia. You think Vivax is mafia.

Let's kill Vivax. After that, since we both think that Trfel is the JK, he can simply block me tomorrow and "confirm me as mafia". Sounds good?

Game solved and over from your perspective. No need to argue or do anything.
@raynpelikoneet, you are referring to this discussion, right?

I don't think Hapahauli was trying to argue that we should kill between Vivax/Tictock first instead of him because it's somehow superior. Rather, the point Hapahauli is trying to make here is that Tictock is suspicious because by his own logic, he should be fine lynching Vivax. Hapahauli was trying to see if Tictock would go along with that and vote for Vivax, or if he would hesitate. I read it as more of an experiment.

Like I get that he could do this as mafia. It's mafia motivated to move votes off of oneself. But why wouldn't Hapahauli do this as town?

If you're referring to a different discussion, the above is all moot. In that case if you could please point me to it? Because I (quickly) read the thread from Hapahauli's claim until this point and didn't find what you are referring to.

Yes i understand towards TT it can be this. Towards you though it doesnt follow the same logic.

If his experiment went well and TT came off as scummy why is he not voting for TT then? I know TT is voting for Vivax here but still, he was very hesitant at first.
Okay, yeah I get why that logic wouldn't work for me. I don't think he ever used that logic towards me though? I don't recall it at all.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 06:19 GMT
#1154
Sorry, I should add, as to the second part, that's a fair point. He'd say that he's similarly confident in Vivax and Tictock and that the point made by the experiment is about association between the two, anyway. Which makes decent sense to me?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 06:20 GMT
#1155
On December 01 2020 08:56 Hapahauli wrote:
@ TT

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Let's make a deal TT.

I think Vivax is mafia. You think Vivax is mafia.

Let's kill Vivax. After that, since we both think that Trfel is the JK, he can simply block me tomorrow and "confirm me as mafia". Sounds good?

Game solved and over from your perspective. No need to argue or do anything.


The offer stands. If I were to get Trfel to endorse this plan, will you vote Vivax?

Yes or no.

table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 06:29 GMT
#1156
Now Trfel and FF. You both know Hapahauli is extremely capable as town. Do you believe that town hapa:

Doesnt want to be mayor just because he [i]doent want responsibility and hecause he cannot then use his role, while trying to convince me into lynching grack for "i have historically very good accuracy of hitting mafia D1"? Why doesnt he think he will get shot N1 anyways?

Reads jock mafia for his posting well enouugh to put him as very clear scumread D2 just to later on end up saying jock is mafia because he doesnt remember anything jock has posted?

Briefly as it was, reads TT town simply just for reading rayn's filter. In MYLO???

As claimed blue doesnt get shot or roleblocked N2 over shockeyy?

Uses ate in "i understand you can want to lynch me for three blues being too much". Now thats simply bullshit and noone should vote hapa for that, why doesnt he say so? Because of ate, it's better if peoplerealise itthemselves. Still, why is he allowing people to scumread him for utterly shit reasons if he is town?[/b]
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 06:30 GMT
#1157
Because i dont think town hapa does those things. Maybe one blunder but not together, ever.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 06:34 GMT
#1158
I might also add that if my case on FF was so terrible why doesnt hapa say that before ff is confirmed town?
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 07:06 GMT
#1159
Point by point, paragraph by paragraph.

1. He gets to use the role if he gets shot Night 1, unless mafia roleblocked him as well as killed him (which would literally only be beneficial against the Mad Hatter and Vigilante I believe). I would expect mafia to roleblock someone other than their kill target. As far as the logic for not running for mayor to be able to use his role, that's an interesting point, I guess it would depend on whether he values the protection more or the potential Mad Hatter shot more. Hapahauli saying he would likely run for mayor if there wasn't a good mayoral candidate makes sense to me, if someone else was towny and had utility later then they could be mayor and get the best of both worlds. Whether I qualify as worth giving a bodyguard, that's certainly up for debate. The point has some merit, but I'm unsure how much.

2. Could be missing something but I thought those statements happened in the other order? Where Hapahauli first said Jockmcplop could be mafia because he doesn't remember anything he posted, and then (presumably) looked at it and found other reasons to scumread him.

3. Gosh, I feel bad, but I'm not seeing this one at all Looked through both Hapahauli's and Tictock's filters. I'm so blind

4. I have absolutely no idea. This is an extremely compelling point.

5. I thought that lynching someone for three blues being too much is valid, isn't this what we were talking about yesterday? It's at least worth considering. As for the appeal to emotion itself, I guess I wasn't under the impression that it was a scumtell? I do feel like those statements were somewhat suspect though.

6. Supposedly Hapahauli only had a few minutes to skim the thread, I assume he would say he didn't have the time to actually read your Fecalfeast case earlier. Bleh.

I'm gonna start winding down and going to bed (it's late here), but I'll decide tomorrow. I'm actually horrid at making decisions though, so it would be great if you and Fecalfeast could agree so I can just do that. Currently I'd still prefer not lynching Hapahauli, but I have some things to think about, some questions to get answered, and I'm really not very certain, I wouldn't be surprised if Hapahauli is mafia here. This is the part of mafia games I don't like, where I have to make a decision
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 07:08 GMT
#1160
To add: if you still feel this way by the deadline I guess I'd likely go along with it, even if I disagree. But I'd prefer if it would be possible for us (including Fecalfeast) to somehow work through things and agree.
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko249
LamboSC2 110
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23741
Calm 5957
Rain 2132
Bisu 1221
FanTaSy 838
Jaedong 454
Horang2 442
Rush 366
Soma 340
BeSt 251
[ Show more ]
Stork 228
Zeus 219
Mini 156
Light 119
Larva 110
Mong 90
Hyun 85
Barracks 84
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 67
ZerO 66
910 66
Free 48
ToSsGirL 36
Killer 35
Yoon 32
Sea.KH 30
NaDa 28
Sexy 28
Shinee 27
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 14
Terrorterran 14
Noble 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6289
Counter-Strike
fl0m1435
olofmeister1077
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns56026
singsing1802
B2W.Neo527
dupreeh372
crisheroes281
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2214
Other Games
• WagamamaTV149
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 20m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 20m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.