• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9368 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 56

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 82 Next
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 01 2020 00:19 GMT
#1101
On December 01 2020 09:05 Tictock wrote:
Are Mafia able to hold their KP?

I did not see this in the OP. Assuming they have to shoot then if we lynch mafia Trfel has a chance to prevent KP and confirm mafia.

I doubt I will move off Hapa/Vivax here, Vivax is the "safe" lynch since everyone seems to agree he should be mafia.

I won't vote anyone else.


mafia are not required to fire
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 00:21 GMT
#1102
On December 01 2020 08:56 Hapahauli wrote:
@ TT

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Let's make a deal TT.

I think Vivax is mafia. You think Vivax is mafia.

Let's kill Vivax. After that, since we both think that Trfel is the JK, he can simply block me tomorrow and "confirm me as mafia". Sounds good?

Game solved and over from your perspective. No need to argue or do anything.


The offer stands. If I were to get Trfel to endorse this plan, will you vote Vivax?

Yes or no.


Still waiting.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 00:23 GMT
#1103
I am offering the "mafia team" from your perspective on a silver platter.

Now put up or shut up. You going with this plan or not?

If Trfel JK's me tomorrow and there is no mafia night kill, town should policy lynch me period.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 00:29 GMT
#1104
On December 01 2020 09:18 Hapahauli wrote:
You haven't thought anything too deeply through, have you?


Yes and No

I have clearly been catching up. I probably should have condensed my posts and not made a bunch of while reading reaction posts.

Since talk between us is getting antagonistic I am going to stop directly responding. We seem to have resigned to live in world's where the other is mafia.

I think I have made my overall position clear as well as tried to explain why I am thinking how I am.
I can take that responsibility.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 00:32 GMT
#1105
On December 01 2020 09:21 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 08:56 Hapahauli wrote:
@ TT

On December 01 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Let's make a deal TT.

I think Vivax is mafia. You think Vivax is mafia.

Let's kill Vivax. After that, since we both think that Trfel is the JK, he can simply block me tomorrow and "confirm me as mafia". Sounds good?

Game solved and over from your perspective. No need to argue or do anything.


The offer stands. If I were to get Trfel to endorse this plan, will you vote Vivax?

Yes or no.


Still waiting.


This is the only thing I am interested in you answering.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 00:41 GMT
#1106
I am considering switching to Vivax. No real reason not to I just feel uneasy doing so being pressured by a mafia read?

Like does me moving a vote really prove that much?

I am gunna sit on my hands in response to pressure right now till I make up my mind.
I can take that responsibility.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 00:42 GMT
#1107
For those in the peanut gallery, this whole line of questioning does have a point. Despite how "confident" I may portray my reads, I always look to verify and cross-check them, especially in a MYLO/LYLO situation.

His refusal to engage the "plan" shows that he's not truly indifferent to the Hapa/Vivax lynch like he claims.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
December 01 2020 01:47 GMT
#1108
basically if I believe hapa is town which honestly I do from all this posting and I don't believe trfel is fake JK then it has to be vivax tt and that's kinda nice so I could switch to vivax
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
December 01 2020 01:48 GMT
#1109
that's also assuming rayn is town which idk why
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 02:00 GMT
#1110
Mafia can no shoot so we cannot use JK to confirm someone as mafia.

I don't see a problem with JK confirming someone as town though if a kill does go through.
I can take that responsibility.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 02:00 GMT
#1111
Yeah, I wish I had a better reason to say raynpelikoneet was town. As in, I wish he was a role or something so it was confirmed. I am reading him town as well as I can read him, but there's always the chance he's just playing a ridiculous game.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 02:01 GMT
#1112
On December 01 2020 11:00 Tictock wrote:
Mafia can no shoot so we cannot use JK to confirm someone as mafia.

I don't see a problem with JK confirming someone as town though if a kill does go through.
This is technically correct, but as Hapahauli was saying, if mafia chooses to no-kill, then town gains an extra mislynch. So it's the same result in the end.

Unless you're saying mafia is allowed to store up their shots and use them all at once, but that's a really stupid mechanic that I've never actually seen in a game.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-01 02:02:57
December 01 2020 02:02 GMT
#1113
Another Vote Count!

Tictock (1): Fecalfeast
Raynpelikoneet (0):
Fecalfeast (0):
Vivax (3): Hapahauli, Trfel, Tictock, Tictock, Tictock, Tictock, Tictock
Hapahauli (2): Trfel, Raynpelikoneet, Raynpelikoneet, Tictock, Fecalfeast, Vivax, Trfel, Tictock, Tictock, Tictock, Tictock
Trfel (0):
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting:


Currently, No One is set to be lynched!

Day 3 ends in on Tuesday, Dec 01 8:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00).
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 02:13 GMT
#1114
On December 01 2020 11:01 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 11:00 Tictock wrote:
Mafia can no shoot so we cannot use JK to confirm someone as mafia.

I don't see a problem with JK confirming someone as town though if a kill does go through.
This is technically correct, but as Hapahauli was saying, if mafia chooses to no-kill, then town gains an extra mislynch. So it's the same result in the end.

Unless you're saying mafia is allowed to store up their shots and use them all at once, but that's a really stupid mechanic that I've never actually seen in a game.


Hapa was still talking about confirming mafia at the top of the page.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 01 2020 02:14 GMT
#1115
Props to you Greymist, I refrained from making separate posts
I can take that responsibility.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 01 2020 02:16 GMT
#1116
On December 01 2020 11:14 Tictock wrote:
Props to you Greymist, I refrained from making separate posts


+10 GreYMisT Points
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 03:47 GMT
#1117
Fecalfeast?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
December 01 2020 03:48 GMT
#1118
Actually... it's majority lynch. Ideally we would have five votes on the same target or mafia could force a no-lynch...

Hopefully raynpelikoneet comes back? If not the right play is to switch back to Hapahauli, right?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 03:53 GMT
#1119
FF or Rayn need to vote Vivax. Given that FF has expressed his sense of a Vivax/TT scumteam, I'm not worried about him coming back and consolidating.

Even if Rayn doesn't come back, TT unvoting Vivax to create a no-lynch (when he supposedly has no preference between a Hapa/Vivax lynch) is a straight scum-claim and should get him instantly policy lynched next day. Also remember that a no-lynch does not lose town the game here, which would make such a switch pretty stupid from a scum-TT perspective.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 04:03 GMT
#1120
Of course i am coming back. Just tired from the weekend. We should still lynch Hapa.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4082
Mong 84
ToSsGirL 71
sorry 51
Noble 9
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g8070
WinterStarcraft604
ceh9414
Happy203
Sick157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Stunt429
Other Games
• Shiphtur561
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.