• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:17
CEST 10:17
KST 17:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9307 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 82

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 16:27 GMT
#1621
I personally think you guys should of let the game go on. It serves two purposes.

1) Allows mafia team to at least try to win.
2) Explores options for setup improvement.

Point 1 is basic test of skill that (I assume) they, like myself, would want to try.

Point 2 is a learning lesson that can be utilized by all host moving forward.

Those being said I still appreciate all the hard work going into these games. More for irregular setups. So thanks to the host and players all again. The end was miffed imo but it was a great read while it lasted. On top of that I think we all learned something from it to work with.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
December 02 2020 16:39 GMT
#1622
you shouldn't be allowed to concede hapa is right.

We should stamp out this impatience as it just leads to just degenerate game play. Oh so and so isnt conceding maybe he really is town etc. Just make everyone wait. Plus you can lead to leaking information accidentally. Say if we have an arsonist in this game and vivax asks to concede now the host says no? He now has extra information.

I also think you have to be very careful when interacting with the thread. When rayn and hapa were going at it and in my opinion didn't really come close to a line and you make a mod post in the thread it instantly made me think hapa and rayn cant be scum together because i think the host would be less likely to inject themselves if it was an act. Perhaps better to take it to PM's with a line saying if you reference the PM you will be mod killed. Also standing by your decision is nice and all i think you should examine those decisions its ok to admit that they might have been wrong.

All that said from being a host before it is a really hard job with not much reward. you got people bitching at you and you have people sometimes putting no effort into your games that your hosting and you have to mod kill. I still think Greymist overall is the best host especially for highly themed games his games for how crazy they are tend to be close to balanced. Its just that in smaller games snafus like this get magnified.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
December 02 2020 16:47 GMT
#1623
I don't think hosts deserve so much flak here for early game end as I said and explained repeatedly in scum qt that it was unwinnable and I wouldn't even try to deflect the lynch off rayn.
Rayn is right to be upset but I'm more responsible than the hosts imo.
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 16:59 GMT
#1624
On December 03 2020 01:47 Vivax wrote:
I don't think hosts deserve so much flak here for early game end as I said and explained repeatedly in scum qt that it was unwinnable and I wouldn't even try to deflect the lynch off rayn.
Rayn is right to be upset but I'm more responsible than the hosts imo.

That was along my thoughts. Host had set rules before the game started about how actions got resolved. It was unfortunate but verified several times. It was a basic loss outside a miracle. I don't blame host/ you for ending as such. At the same time I'd fought until the end. I'd rather loss on mechanics than a mod decision to say I already did.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
December 02 2020 17:06 GMT
#1625
Eh, I doubt anyone took or should take this way too seriously, at the end is just a game and we learn from it as hosts or players.

I also want to bring on the table that Tfrel’s decision to jail Rayn was a very very very good move from town and one of the best decisions I have seen him take.

GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 02 2020 17:39 GMT
#1626
On December 03 2020 01:39 iamperfection wrote:
you shouldn't be allowed to concede hapa is right.

We should stamp out this impatience as it just leads to just degenerate game play. Oh so and so isnt conceding maybe he really is town etc. Just make everyone wait. Plus you can lead to leaking information accidentally. Say if we have an arsonist in this game and vivax asks to concede now the host says no? He now has extra information.

I also think you have to be very careful when interacting with the thread. When rayn and hapa were going at it and in my opinion didn't really come close to a line and you make a mod post in the thread it instantly made me think hapa and rayn cant be scum together because i think the host would be less likely to inject themselves if it was an act. Perhaps better to take it to PM's with a line saying if you reference the PM you will be mod killed. Also standing by your decision is nice and all i think you should examine those decisions its ok to admit that they might have been wrong.

All that said from being a host before it is a really hard job with not much reward. you got people bitching at you and you have people sometimes putting no effort into your games that your hosting and you have to mod kill. I still think Greymist overall is the best host especially for highly themed games his games for how crazy they are tend to be close to balanced. Its just that in smaller games snafus like this get magnified.


Appreciate it Iamp. I want to make clear that I constantly examine my decisions and improve
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 02 2020 18:07 GMT
#1627
On December 03 2020 02:06 CopCake wrote:
Eh, I doubt anyone took or should take this way too seriously, at the end is just a game and we learn from it as hosts or players.

I also want to bring on the table that Tfrel’s decision to jail Rayn was a very very very good move from town and one of the best decisions I have seen him take.



I did not expect this at all. Very good play from him. I actually had the mafia victory post written and had to do the one I wrote on the fly. I was sure he would target Vivax
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
December 02 2020 19:53 GMT
#1628
There was only 3 choices lol.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 02 2020 21:12 GMT
#1629
On December 03 2020 04:53 iamperfection wrote:
There was only 3 choices lol.

Still brave for him to guess though. Imagine if he jailed Rayn and they used Vivax to shoot, or worse, if Rayn wasn't even mafia at all. He'd be singled out as the reason for the loss. 'twas a brave call.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
December 02 2020 22:19 GMT
#1630
your joking right. Should he have not guessed? he has to choose one of the 3.

and no if hes wrong town has a whole list of reason for why they lost not for messing up a guess????
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
December 03 2020 00:53 GMT
#1631
On December 03 2020 07:19 iamperfection wrote:
your joking right. Should he have not guessed? he has to choose one of the 3.

and no if hes wrong town has a whole list of reason for why they lost not for messing up a guess????

Yeah it would be like blaming me for getting shot; because that would hold more water. I did not need to soft claim all over the place but I did.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 18 2020 20:29 GMT
#1632
On December 02 2020 09:06 DoYouHas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 09:03 Hapahauli wrote:
Rayn won this game and I don’t care what anyone says

Absolutely, I don't think anyone is particularly happy that this incredible game was decided on mechanics, not to take away from Trfel.

but you still made me concede without letting me play?
I know it's late and i know i might be drunk but fuck you for real for not even let me finish your retarded JK game.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 18 2020 20:30 GMT
#1633
And this time i am not definitely not the one who is being a dick.
table for two on a tv tray
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 18 2020 23:29 GMT
#1634
It’s my game Rayn, I am the host and ultimately responsible. If you are going to insult DYH please do so to me as well.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 20 2020 00:04 GMT
#1635
On December 19 2020 08:29 GreYMisT wrote:
It’s my game Rayn, I am the host and ultimately responsible. If you are going to insult DYH please do so to me as well.

I am.

Why was not let play to the finish?
table for two on a tv tray
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 20 2020 01:01 GMT
#1636
That depends.

If you genuinely want to talk about it with one or both of us or if you are looking to rake us over the coals again for something we already feel bad about and have apologized for.

If it is the former, hit me up on discord. I will be happy to talk to you about it or even just let you vent at me if that is what you need.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
December 20 2020 05:45 GMT
#1637
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 80 81 82
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech10
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 247
Hyuk 146
910 74
Mong 70
Leta 52
Shinee 49
PianO 40
soO 39
Killer 36
Mind 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 30
Aegong 23
ToSsGirL 18
ZergMaN 15
HiyA 15
sorry 15
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
ceh9507
shoxiejesuss390
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King227
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1834
Other Games
summit1g8928
olofmeister1046
Happy390
crisheroes245
Sick178
ArmadaUGS111
Livibee103
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick572
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream255
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH148
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2292
League of Legends
• Rush1614
• Jankos996
• Stunt563
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 44m
OSC
4h 44m
Stellar Fest
4h 44m
OSC
15h 44m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.