• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:23
CEST 14:23
KST 21:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9584 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 80

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 Next
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 02 2020 03:23 GMT
#1581
Eh sometimes the mechanics don't work in your favor. With a cult in the game this game could have gone in many different directions.

For the time I was alive you played really well.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
December 02 2020 03:27 GMT
#1582
Rayn just said that he killed shockey and slam for being dads lmaooo
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 03:29 GMT
#1583
I'm not played many cult games but I agree with what was said mafia RB should clear first. There is a very delicate balance act when everyone clears. Like as example, vig/mafia kp clear at once on town m!kp, t!kp on mafia, who dies first or both and it's bloodbath? Someone has to pull the trigger first.

I'm shit at balancing so take that with grain of salt though.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 02 2020 03:29 GMT
#1584
On December 02 2020 12:22 Eversince wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
It looks like Vivax conceded

Yeah from what I can see from QTs Vivax called it because I mean.. He was right. There isn't much left to do when everyone suspects you and your partner just got fucking huge sign 'IM MAFIA!!' Hard spot to be in

I didn't read but I know FF got confirmed by being the bodyguard and I guess people believed the jailor claim.

That's just an unfortunate outcome for scum at the end having killed off everybody unable to confirm themselves. (me//TT/Jock/ShoCkkey had no claims). I guess their best chance may have been to make some sort of counterclaim against Trfel.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
December 02 2020 03:29 GMT
#1585
On November 27 2020 09:11 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I’m definitely lurking, but posting when possible. The slam kill imo probably happened because they were trying to give him some free time back for his newborn as well :D so my thought is Mafia is someone who understands what he’s going through.


Shockey you were the most correct early game
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 02 2020 03:30 GMT
#1586
The few times I've hosted I think I've given mafia RB priority but I can see an argument either way. If mafia have two alive they still get to choose who they want to send KP.
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 03:31 GMT
#1587
On December 02 2020 12:27 CopCake wrote:
Rayn just said that he killed shockey and slam for being dads lmaooo

I got laughs from scum QT when I read that :3.. I promising I'm not sadistic *looks innocent*
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 03:34 GMT
#1588
On December 02 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 12:22 Eversince wrote:
On December 02 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
It looks like Vivax conceded

Yeah from what I can see from QTs Vivax called it because I mean.. He was right. There isn't much left to do when everyone suspects you and your partner just got fucking huge sign 'IM MAFIA!!' Hard spot to be in

I didn't read but I know FF got confirmed by being the bodyguard and I guess people believed the jailor claim.

That's just an unfortunate outcome for scum at the end having killed off everybody unable to confirm themselves. (me//TT/Jock/ShoCkkey had no claims). I guess their best chance may have been to make some sort of counterclaim against Trfel.

I mean Trfel was basically confirmed early on?
Vivax could of CC but that would of confirmed him mafia?
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
December 02 2020 03:34 GMT
#1589
Btw if Vivax blocked tfrel and rayn was carrying the kill why didnt the kill went?
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
December 02 2020 03:34 GMT
#1590
Like why Rayn got blocked if the jailkeeper was blocked???
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 03:35 GMT
#1591
Resolve at the same time. Not sure if mafia kp got priority over blocks but doesn't think so.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 02 2020 03:37 GMT
#1592
On December 01 2020 07:15 Hapahauli wrote:
FYI, I did confirm roleblock mechanics with the host.

The Jailkeeper is divided into 2 actions:
1) A roleblock that resolves first...
2) And THEN a save.

This roleblock has the same priority as the mafia RB.

So, in the scenario where:
Player A is Jailkeeper
Player B is Mafia RB
Player C is a townie

If Player A JK's Player B, and;
If Player B both RB's Player A and shoots Player C;

Player C survives that interaction, and Player B's KP is blocked.

Therefore, we are in a position tomorrow (assuming we lynch mafia today) where Trfel, even if he is shot, can RB someone and confirm them as town or mafia.

a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 03:41 GMT
#1593
On December 02 2020 12:37 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 07:15 Hapahauli wrote:
FYI, I did confirm roleblock mechanics with the host.

The Jailkeeper is divided into 2 actions:
1) A roleblock that resolves first...
2) And THEN a save.

This roleblock has the same priority as the mafia RB.

So, in the scenario where:
Player A is Jailkeeper
Player B is Mafia RB
Player C is a townie

If Player A JK's Player B, and;
If Player B both RB's Player A and shoots Player C;

Player C survives that interaction, and Player B's KP is blocked.

Therefore, we are in a position tomorrow (assuming we lynch mafia today) where Trfel, even if he is shot, can RB someone and confirm them as town or mafia.


Oh I forgot that but anywho
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
December 02 2020 03:43 GMT
#1594
On December 02 2020 12:37 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 07:15 Hapahauli wrote:
FYI, I did confirm roleblock mechanics with the host.

The Jailkeeper is divided into 2 actions:
1) A roleblock that resolves first...
2) And THEN a save.

This roleblock has the same priority as the mafia RB.

So, in the scenario where:
Player A is Jailkeeper
Player B is Mafia RB
Player C is a townie

If Player A JK's Player B, and;
If Player B both RB's Player A and shoots Player C;

Player C survives that interaction, and Player B's KP is blocked.

Therefore, we are in a position tomorrow (assuming we lynch mafia today) where Trfel, even if he is shot, can RB someone and confirm them as town or mafia.



But rayn wasnt the RB.

I am sorry if I dont understand, but both roleblocks should negate each other because if not... what is the case to notify tfrel he got blocked if his action happened?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 02 2020 03:46 GMT
#1595
It doesn’t matter who the mafia RB is. JK RB and Mafia RB have the same priority.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 02 2020 03:47 GMT
#1596
Trfel gets notified of being roleblocked because the “save” portion of his role is blocked.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 03:49 GMT
#1597
I think they resolved both together. Rayn had the kp iirc? So they blocked each other while the rbs go threw and Rayn kp cancelled? I'm not sure. Grey or DYH probably best for but that's what I got from it.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
December 02 2020 03:51 GMT
#1598
Tfrel blocked rayn
Vivax blocked Tfrel
Rayn had the night kill

So it seems that only the saving part of Tfrel action gets blocked and not the block.
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 03:55 GMT
#1599
On December 02 2020 12:51 CopCake wrote:
Tfrel blocked rayn
Vivax blocked Tfrel
Rayn had the night kill

So it seems that only the saving part of Tfrel action gets blocked and not the block.

As I understand it's the blocks go through first? Otherwise Rayn kp should of hit if m!kp was above.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 02 2020 03:59 GMT
#1600
On December 02 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
It looks like Vivax conceded


Vivax semi-conceded and DYH made the call that mafia was caught mechanically and made that endgame.

Probably the right call when it was clear everyone was pretty ready for the game to be over.

Bit unfortunate that the RB thing was the nail in the coffin, and I will admit I would not have intuited that a JK being RB'd would still stop KP.

Ultimately I hope nobody is too upset by this result as this was one of the more nail-biting and interesting mafia games I have been in. I don't think anyone played a bad or even poot game, really seemed like everyone brought the A game.
I can take that responsibility.
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36720
Shuttle 2520
Bisu 1022
Jaedong 992
Horang2 961
Light 440
BeSt 362
firebathero 352
Mini 319
Hyuk 284
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
actioN 267
Soma 228
EffOrt 226
Zeus 191
ggaemo 191
Soulkey 163
Last 137
ZerO 121
Leta 120
Snow 114
Rush 75
Pusan 74
Killer 71
hero 42
Mong 42
Sharp 36
Mind 35
Shinee 31
Shine 27
Bale 27
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 23
Sexy 21
soO 19
PianO 18
Trap 18
sorry 16
Yoon 16
Free 13
zelot 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3597
qojqva1498
Dendi991
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1395
x6flipin335
markeloff111
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes858
Other Games
gofns33916
singsing2139
B2W.Neo776
XBOCT348
DeMusliM192
Livibee176
XaKoH 157
Mlord136
Liquid`LucifroN119
Mew2King114
QueenE78
ArmadaUGS75
Railgan9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Chillindude8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream199
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2237
• TFBlade505
Other Games
• WagamamaTV189
Upcoming Events
OSC
37m
Stellar Fest
37m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 37m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.