• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:55
CEST 05:55
KST 12:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8177 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 81

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 Next
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-02 04:03:30
December 02 2020 04:00 GMT
#1601
On December 02 2020 12:30 Grackaroni wrote:
The few times I've hosted I think I've given mafia RB priority but I can see an argument either way. If mafia have two alive they still get to choose who they want to send KP.

Also serves him right for murdering me, Grackaroni.

(Though it seems Vivax had me nailed in scum QT :D)

I'm looking to setup a Diplomacy game in the other thread. It's a lot of fun and the mechanics are not very complicated.
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 04:04 GMT
#1602
On December 02 2020 13:00 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 12:30 Grackaroni wrote:
The few times I've hosted I think I've given mafia RB priority but I can see an argument either way. If mafia have two alive they still get to choose who they want to send KP.

Also serves him right for murdering me, Grackaroni.

(Though it seems Vivax had me nailed in scum QT :D)

My confused comes from if m!rb and t!jk solve before m!kp. The fact they did screwed mafia. This game was a easy mafia win until that moment.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 02 2020 04:04 GMT
#1603
On December 02 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 12:22 Eversince wrote:
On December 02 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
It looks like Vivax conceded

Yeah from what I can see from QTs Vivax called it because I mean.. He was right. There isn't much left to do when everyone suspects you and your partner just got fucking huge sign 'IM MAFIA!!' Hard spot to be in

I didn't read but I know FF got confirmed by being the bodyguard and I guess people believed the jailor claim.

That's just an unfortunate outcome for scum at the end having killed off everybody unable to confirm themselves. (me//TT/Jock/ShoCkkey had no claims). I guess their best chance may have been to make some sort of counterclaim against Trfel.


Given how claims happened idk about CC, and honestly Rayn/Vivax still won the claim day (and more or less the game, minus the technicality) by getting town to lynch me while I was saying "Rayn/Vivax are scum" lol.
I can take that responsibility.
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 04:05 GMT
#1604
I personally think fine.. They solve together ( as cake said killing each) mafia shot goes through.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 02 2020 04:05 GMT
#1605
On December 02 2020 13:04 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
On December 02 2020 12:22 Eversince wrote:
On December 02 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
It looks like Vivax conceded

Yeah from what I can see from QTs Vivax called it because I mean.. He was right. There isn't much left to do when everyone suspects you and your partner just got fucking huge sign 'IM MAFIA!!' Hard spot to be in

I didn't read but I know FF got confirmed by being the bodyguard and I guess people believed the jailor claim.

That's just an unfortunate outcome for scum at the end having killed off everybody unable to confirm themselves. (me//TT/Jock/ShoCkkey had no claims). I guess their best chance may have been to make some sort of counterclaim against Trfel.


Given how claims happened idk about CC, and honestly Rayn/Vivax still won the claim day (and more or less the game, minus the technicality) by getting town to lynch me while I was saying "Rayn/Vivax are scum" lol.


I honestly didn't read much after I died. From what I see Rayn played really well and Vivax was not too surprising as mafia.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 02 2020 04:07 GMT
#1606
On December 02 2020 12:51 CopCake wrote:
Tfrel blocked rayn
Vivax blocked Tfrel
Rayn had the night kill

So it seems that only the saving part of Tfrel action gets blocked and not the block.


Correct.

It is not intuitive but Greymist had explained that both RBs happen at the same time and thus RB is not prevented (but JK's ability to save is stopped).
I can take that responsibility.
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 04:08 GMT
#1607
I'm trash at balance but t!jk and m!rb should of cancel, Rayn shot goes through. I leave the rest of this fight to friends way better than me though :p
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 02 2020 04:14 GMT
#1608
Again why I say it's not intuitive.

I also hope Rayn doesn't stay too mad about the technicality as the game as a whole is still a solid testimony. Since I see him being so results and Win oriented I suspect that will not work for him.

I can only say that sometimes you should choose to focus on the positives and try to let shit outside of your control roll off your back kus the burden is never worth carrying that shit.
I can take that responsibility.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
December 02 2020 04:17 GMT
#1609
On December 02 2020 13:14 Tictock wrote:
Again why I say it's not intuitive.

I also hope Rayn doesn't stay too mad about the technicality as the game as a whole is still a solid testimony. Since I see him being so results and Win oriented I suspect that will not work for him.

I can only say that sometimes you should choose to focus on the positives and try to let shit outside of your control roll off your back kus the burden is never worth carrying that shit.


He is not mad lol but I want to understand the mechanic so in future games if I role mafia (or town) I dont make this mistake.

So pretty much only the save of a jailkeeper can be blocked, not the block.
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-02 04:21:06
December 02 2020 04:19 GMT
#1610
On December 02 2020 13:17 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 13:14 Tictock wrote:
Again why I say it's not intuitive.

I also hope Rayn doesn't stay too mad about the technicality as the game as a whole is still a solid testimony. Since I see him being so results and Win oriented I suspect that will not work for him.

I can only say that sometimes you should choose to focus on the positives and try to let shit outside of your control roll off your back kus the burden is never worth carrying that shit.


He is not mad lol but I want to understand the mechanic so in future games if I role mafia (or town) I dont make this mistake.

So pretty much only the save of a jailkeeper can be blocked, not the block.

+1

Well no edit.. I think if both rbs are on the same night they should cancel.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
December 02 2020 04:22 GMT
#1611
I can't rb if I'm rb? Then you can't either. Makes sense to me..
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
December 02 2020 04:41 GMT
#1612
Well do keep in mind this is specific to Greymist's setup where the RBs resolve at the same time.

I believe in most setups mafia RB takes priority and thus the kill would have gone through.

Basically the logic scum used in their QT is how most games will function, where their kill goes through and it's a mafia win
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 02 2020 04:52 GMT
#1613
Also keep in mind in greymist games the hosts may force you to concede against your say.
table for two on a tv tray
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
December 02 2020 05:52 GMT
#1614
Mvp fecalfeast

+ Show Spoiler +
but seriously I'm not going to join any games for a while as I clearly can't commit to the game
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 02 2020 06:18 GMT
#1615
On December 02 2020 14:52 Fecalfeast wrote:
Mvp fecalfeast

+ Show Spoiler +
but seriously I'm not going to join any games for a while as I clearly can't commit to the game

Yeah these mafia games are just too much.

We should all just sign up for Grackaroni's diplomacy game.

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/446923-tl-mafia-plays-diplomacy?page=44
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 02 2020 10:15 GMT
#1616
In the future I will be very clear how roleblocks interact. I’m sorry people had a misunderstanding but this was explained no less than 3 times this game to various people at various points, including with hypothetical scenarios. But again, we will be more clear in the future.

Rayn, you won in my heart. Try to appreciate the challenging situation this game presented us at the end here. I understand that you must be frustrated, justifiably so, but sadly, due to how we ruled things resolved, the game was mechanically over, it would just take 72 hours for it to resolve.

I resolve night actions with fun arrow charts, some picture are floating around at the end of previous games. For actions players take, I draw arrows coming off their name and hitting another player. KP is one of these arrows. In the event of roleblocks, I go and scribble through all arrows coming off of that player. Because roleblocks occur first and at the same time, Rayn had his KP arrow scribbled through.

Those that know me know that I took, and indeed still take, hosting games like this very seriously. I do not make decisions without thought. I hope you all can appreciate the time that DYH and I put into hosting this game, and I hope you appreciate how truly rare this game was, mafia was dominating sure, but not without great play from all sides.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 02 2020 13:32 GMT
#1617
On December 02 2020 13:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Also keep in mind in greymist games the hosts may force you to concede against your say.


I believe ending the game when I did was the right call. However, I made a pretty big mistake. I should not have asked for your and Vivax's concession. As Vivax pointed out in the scumqt, I did not need it to justify ending the game. Once I did ask for a concession the right thing to do was wait until I had a clear response from both of you, even if it dragged things out. Taking things out of your hands after asking for your input was absolutely wrong, and I wholeheartedly apologize.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
December 02 2020 15:39 GMT
#1618
Rayn you have to concede to DYH that he took the burden off your shoulders of feeling like it was us who fucked up.
You are probably concealing your happiness about that.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-02 15:48:52
December 02 2020 15:48 GMT
#1619
After reading the QT and thinking about the end-game some more, I pretty strongly disagree with the decision to end the game. While I do not want to have the effect of "piling" on criticism of some hosting decisions, I do think some constructive criticism is warranted.

DYH has already touched on some reasons, namely maintaining the consistency of hosting position (i.e. sticking by the initial decision of seeking the approval of the whole mafia team for a concession).

In addition, having the game ripped out from under a player who does not agree to concede creates a lot of unnecessary hard feelings, and I would rather a game drag on for an unnecessarily long time rather than do that to any player.

Finally, I do not believe even a forced concession by the hosts was appropriate. In my view, mafia had options (exceptionally low percentage ones) to continue the game. If mafia have any chance, no matter how small, I do not feel it is appropriate for the hosts to step in. Consider the following options for mafia:
1) The game is "over" only if Rayn gets lynched first and all townies perfectly cooperate in thread. Mafia have a chance to push a mislynch on me in the endgame.
2) Mafia have arguments (albeit bad ones) that Trfel is not the JK, or that mafia held the shot.
3) At the time I posted my plan, FF and Trfel had not "agreed" with it. It is not really a game-winning plan unless all townies see it, agree to it, and execute it.
4) One of the townies in the game could very well go AFK, or Trfel could forget to submit a night action.
5) Mafia could argue that the situation is not 2 mafia v. 3 town, but rather, 2 mafia v. 1 third party v. 2 town OR 1/1/3.

I can go on and on, but the point is that the game isn't "technically" over, and ending the game has the potential to create a lot of hard post-game feelings if hosts can determine when a game is over, especially if a mafia player feels like they want to explore those low-percentage options. There are definitely some grey lines in there.

All and all, I feel that the best policy is that no concessions should be allowed unless the entire mafia team agrees to concede. I believe intelligent people can disagree on this, but that is what I feel about the situation.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 02 2020 16:02 GMT
#1620
On December 03 2020 00:48 Hapahauli wrote:
After reading the QT and thinking about the end-game some more, I pretty strongly disagree with the decision to end the game. While I do not want to have the effect of "piling" on criticism of some hosting decisions, I do think some constructive criticism is warranted.

DYH has already touched on some reasons, namely maintaining the consistency of hosting position (i.e. sticking by the initial decision of seeking the approval of the whole mafia team for a concession).

In addition, having the game ripped out from under a player who does not agree to concede creates a lot of unnecessary hard feelings, and I would rather a game drag on for an unnecessarily long time rather than do that to any player.

Finally, I do not believe even a forced concession by the hosts was appropriate. In my view, mafia had options (exceptionally low percentage ones) to continue the game. If mafia have any chance, no matter how small, I do not feel it is appropriate for the hosts to step in. Consider the following options for mafia:
1) The game is "over" only if Rayn gets lynched first and all townies perfectly cooperate in thread. Mafia have a chance to push a mislynch on me in the endgame.
2) Mafia have arguments (albeit bad ones) that Trfel is not the JK, or that mafia held the shot.
3) At the time I posted my plan, FF and Trfel had not "agreed" with it. It is not really a game-winning plan unless all townies see it, agree to it, and execute it.
4) One of the townies in the game could very well go AFK, or Trfel could forget to submit a night action.
5) Mafia could argue that the situation is not 2 mafia v. 3 town, but rather, 2 mafia v. 1 third party v. 2 town OR 1/1/3.

I can go on and on, but the point is that the game isn't "technically" over, and ending the game has the potential to create a lot of hard post-game feelings if hosts can determine when a game is over, especially if a mafia player feels like they want to explore those low-percentage options. There are definitely some grey lines in there.

All and all, I feel that the best policy is that no concessions should be allowed unless the entire mafia team agrees to concede. I believe intelligent people can disagree on this, but that is what I feel about the situation.


Fair enough. I support and stand by our decision. But I understand the points here and the hard feelings. I just hope everyone can appreciate the great play
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 170
ProTech121
Nina 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2254
Shuttle 1320
Dewaltoss 55
Bale 51
Snow 44
Noble 37
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1051
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King308
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor528
Other Games
summit1g9950
JimRising 710
C9.Mang0311
PiGStarcraft308
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• Response 6
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo831
• Stunt183
Other Games
• Scarra763
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 5m
OSC
18h 5m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.