• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9299 users

Really Small Mafia II - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 17 Next All
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 17:16 GMT
#425
Gone for real now.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 17:49 GMT
#428
Then we get back to this:
On December 15 2015 01:24 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2015 01:11 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 15 2015 01:04 Rels wrote:
OK if I'm not welcome here I will wait for these to get answers before coming back.
GM I'm waiting for you.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/499921-really-small-mafia-ii?page=17#329 (only the 2nd thing)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/499921-really-small-mafia-ii?page=18#344
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/499921-really-small-mafia-ii?page=19#365


1) I dont understand the question
2) it looks like you are panicing and not trying to actually find scum. A town player in that situation would try to help and get the vote off of him, you said "shut up scum" voted rayn, realized that wasnt happening, and voted off.
3) and I think i might have misquoted as you said. I see it as a 3rd party defense because I posted suspicions of ryan, and you came in and broke down the post instead of waiting to see how rayn would react to it, like I would assume a town would who wants more information.

1. You said that about rayn: First, the way he jumped onto Rels with Damdred seems a bit rushed and oppertunistic to me. As if he is testing the waters to see if he can get something rolling.
Then you said you didn't have a read on me atm. How can rayn be opportunisticly jumping on me if you don't townread me ?
2. OK.
3. That is a problem. You mentionned that you misread a rayn's post here, and thus all this part of your attack on rayn was bad:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2015 02:06 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 18:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
First I will say that, while I find some conduct of Ryan suspicious, this results from inconsistencies in his behavior. I thought a lot of what he was doing seemed towny, however there are a few things that give me pause.

The first has occurred recently- forgive me for not quoting at the moment - when Ryan said he was sure that there could not be scum between DP/Hydra/ and Rels And was "certain" there was scum between myself and Marv. To begin, I don't like when people categorize like this. I feel like it benefits mafia to arbitrarily put people into categories to empose their viewpoint on the town. That isn't the main reason I didn't like the post, however.

I never said there could not be scum between them. I said i think there is no way BOTH of the scum are between them. I provided analysis on why i reached to the conclusion. I am not arbitary putting people into categories, if you think my analysis is incorrect, please argue about why they are incorrect instead of just creating a narrative on the conclusion.

The problem I have is his sudden change in conviction. Notice before this post he is just asking my opinion, wanting to know what I think of him (I will address this later below). And then, literally the next post he is certain either I or Marv are scum. Also consider that Marv is a guy who has not been here!You cannot be certain that someone is mafia if they have not posted. So basically, Rayn is saying here that he is certain I am mafia. It is this change in attitude, this certainty, and this hiding of his opinion by including Marv in this pairing that aroused my suspicion.

I am not saying it is certain you are mafia. In fact i am far more sure of marv being scum at this point based purely on the fact that he well knows the game has started and has decided to not post anything at all. The conclusion that at least one of you / marv has to be mafia for me is completely logical based on the analysis on other people -- basically it is due to PoE. Again, if you do not agree with this, please point out where i am wrong in my analysis. Then we have something to argue about.

Tbf, you can't just say something is scummy / wrong without actually explaining why it is that way. I feel like i have provided my thought process behind every conclusion i have made in this game -- so it would only be natural for you to actually try to disprove my conclusions if you attack my arguments, no?

Finally, I thought back to Ryan's other posts. They all seemed very towny so I thought to myself: "maybe I'm just chainsaw ing Ryan here, creating a read on him out of spite." Then I noticed 2 minor things which makes me think, perhaps, he could be mafia.

First, the way he jumped onto Rels with Damdred seems a bit rushed and oppertunistic to me. As if he is testing the waters to see if he can get something rolling.

Again, i have already said why i think this is the case. Why is my (and Damdred's) "jump" on Rels "rushed and oppertunistic". I found out Rels' thought process illogical and the things he posted didn't match up with the conclusions he ended up with. I wanted him to elaborate further, and i don't think "that going nowhere" is my fault, since Rels' answer was basically "yeah that's what i think".

Finally, Ryan asking my read of him. This strikes me as odd as well because it appears as though he wants to draw some early fire for an easy opportunity to defend himself through activity. A question like "why didn't you analyze me?!" Has bearing on day 2, but not a quarter into day 1 when information is still being processed.

There are my current thoughts, more to come.

In my opinion this has bearing when you analyze every single other player who has posted that far in the game. I consider it weird because if you are mafia you would either:
1) correctly call me town -- in which case it hinders your mislynch possibilities
2) incorrectly call me mafia -- in which case your logic is not sound in the first place and someone can catch you for it

Furthermore at some point you were saying you didn't have a read on me. But around half of your case (idk.. is this a case?) is based on the timeline when you didn't have a read on me, and is also basically based on everything i did during that time.. How is it possible both of your statements are correct?


1) I missread your first point then, my mistake

2) my issue with your analysis of me being mafia was not the fact that you think so, but the fact you admit it is only based on process of elimination. It is easy for mafia to point out how people are town and then say "well by process of elimination this person has to be mafia." It is far harder for mafia to actually find reasons that a town player is scummy. I like town hunting and using process of elimination to know who to focus on, but that cannot be the main support you have behind someone being scum. At least not on day 1.

3) I didn't go into great detail because I dont think you are for sure scum, just that I was suspicious of some of your actions. If I thought you were the lynch today trust me, there would be much more reasoning. Nevertheless, I thought the reason behind my suspicion was fairly straightforward. Your actions looked to me like a mafia setting up tomorrows misslynch, and not trying to get something done. Thats just what I see.

Finally, I dont really understand what you are saying at the end there, but I only posted on 2 players who I was able to analyize fairly quickly, and saved you for later. I am under no obligation to mention every player in the game when I post about someone but you seem to think that I am, at least about you. I think this is weird. I think this is weird becuase, Town rayn would only care about my opinion of him if he wants to see how I conduct my analysis or wants me to give a bearing on how something has gone in the game. This game had only been going on for a page or two at this point so there was nothing pressing to analyze, not a lot of content that needed commenting on, and its completly understandable that people are gathering their thoughts.

I therefore think it is more likely that scum ryan would want me to analyze him early. A scum player can survive day one by posting a lot, and basically using that presence to get people to townread him early. When I analyzied two players and didnt analyize ryan, a scum ryan would be a bit worried that his plan to be percieved as town through activity has failed to some degree. I see this request to "analyize me!" as a very low risk attempt to get people to town read him. Basically there is a very small benefit to doing this as town, but a low risk and high reward to do it as scum.




Then you attack me on this:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2015 05:46 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 19:43 Rels wrote:
On December 13 2015 08:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn
I guess you would call this a 'tone' read or whatever, but I am pretty darn good at spotting a townie rayn and alot of what he says makes sense. HIs damdred read was godlike and hard to fake as I have said earlier. His questioning of Rels was also good in that it showed one of the tendencies that I can recall rayn having. That being that he loves to really comb through the things people are saying in order to find small inconsistencies or breakdowns of a normal thought Process.

But you don't have a read on Damdred after saying rayn's read is godlike ?
On December 13 2015 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
GreyMist

On December 13 2015 03:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 00:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Rels i have a really hard time understanding your thought process atm so could you walk me through it.
There are a couple of things:

1) Your read on Greymist. I actually find it one of the weirdest things in this game that he does not have any sort of read on me. Before your posts two of the three people posting in this game besides him and me have stated they have a townread on me. What i would think Greymist would do is to either agree with the read, or disagree with the read (let it be null/scum for him then). Instead he doesn't do any of this. I consider myself the most vocal person in this game so far besides Damdred --> i would think people would have at least some opinion on me. Apparently you do aswell now, everyone else who has posted (after our morning) does, why is it not weird for you that Greymist doesn't?

(that goes to Greymist aswell, i would like to hear an explanation to this)

2) Your read on RtaniSoul. You think they are second likely to be mafia (calling marv mafia here is just straight out bullshit), based on the fact all they did is call your #1 scumread scum?!?!?! How on earth does this make any sense at all?

3) Why is your vote on someone you can't possibly have any read on instead on someone who you DO apparently have a read on, and you legitmately, based on you, think is mafia?


I don't have time at the moment to post any follow up analysis, so I will only answer the question directed at me.

I did not include any thoughts on you, Ryan, in part because you have been vocal. There is a little more for me to have to figure out and I'd like to not post a read on you until I have.

It's going to be a couple more hours still before I'm able to actually post a lot again, but I promise I'm reading and can interject if need be.


This smells like bullshit to me.

It's true it sounds like a bad excuse.


prompting him to 3rd party defend rayn. maybe im reaching but I'd be ok with a rels lynch if thats the play.


Since you admit yourself you misread a post, I don't understand why you think me questionning your logic on attacking rayn is a 3rd party defense rather than me finding something weird on your posts. Do you have an explanation ?

Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 17:56 GMT
#429
I'm super lost. I will do something soon. Don't move
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 18:07 GMT
#430
Number 1: GM original post on me

I found 2 things about rels. first this post sticks out to me:

On December 13 2015 19:43 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 08:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn
I guess you would call this a 'tone' read or whatever, but I am pretty darn good at spotting a townie rayn and alot of what he says makes sense. HIs damdred read was godlike and hard to fake as I have said earlier. His questioning of Rels was also good in that it showed one of the tendencies that I can recall rayn having. That being that he loves to really comb through the things people are saying in order to find small inconsistencies or breakdowns of a normal thought Process.

But you don't have a read on Damdred after saying rayn's read is godlike ?
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
GreyMist

On December 13 2015 03:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 00:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Rels i have a really hard time understanding your thought process atm so could you walk me through it.
There are a couple of things:

1) Your read on Greymist. I actually find it one of the weirdest things in this game that he does not have any sort of read on me. Before your posts two of the three people posting in this game besides him and me have stated they have a townread on me. What i would think Greymist would do is to either agree with the read, or disagree with the read (let it be null/scum for him then). Instead he doesn't do any of this. I consider myself the most vocal person in this game so far besides Damdred --> i would think people would have at least some opinion on me. Apparently you do aswell now, everyone else who has posted (after our morning) does, why is it not weird for you that Greymist doesn't?

(that goes to Greymist aswell, i would like to hear an explanation to this)

2) Your read on RtaniSoul. You think they are second likely to be mafia (calling marv mafia here is just straight out bullshit), based on the fact all they did is call your #1 scumread scum?!?!?! How on earth does this make any sense at all?

3) Why is your vote on someone you can't possibly have any read on instead on someone who you DO apparently have a read on, and you legitmately, based on you, think is mafia?


I don't have time at the moment to post any follow up analysis, so I will only answer the question directed at me.

I did not include any thoughts on you, Ryan, in part because you have been vocal. There is a little more for me to have to figure out and I'd like to not post a read on you until I have.

It's going to be a couple more hours still before I'm able to actually post a lot again, but I promise I'm reading and can interject if need be.


This smells like bullshit to me.

It's true it sounds like a bad excuse.


That agreement with DP at the end strikes me as really weird, but I dont know why. Maybe its becuase its really just meaningless, he doesnt use the time or space to push me or ask a question, and there really is no followup along this line from him.

and then there is a possible overreaction becuase i mentioned his name in this post:

On December 13 2015 19:43 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 08:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn
I guess you would call this a 'tone' read or whatever, but I am pretty darn good at spotting a townie rayn and alot of what he says makes sense. HIs damdred read was godlike and hard to fake as I have said earlier. His questioning of Rels was also good in that it showed one of the tendencies that I can recall rayn having. That being that he loves to really comb through the things people are saying in order to find small inconsistencies or breakdowns of a normal thought Process.

But you don't have a read on Damdred after saying rayn's read is godlike ?
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
GreyMist

On December 13 2015 03:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 00:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Rels i have a really hard time understanding your thought process atm so could you walk me through it.
There are a couple of things:

1) Your read on Greymist. I actually find it one of the weirdest things in this game that he does not have any sort of read on me. Before your posts two of the three people posting in this game besides him and me have stated they have a townread on me. What i would think Greymist would do is to either agree with the read, or disagree with the read (let it be null/scum for him then). Instead he doesn't do any of this. I consider myself the most vocal person in this game so far besides Damdred --> i would think people would have at least some opinion on me. Apparently you do aswell now, everyone else who has posted (after our morning) does, why is it not weird for you that Greymist doesn't?

(that goes to Greymist aswell, i would like to hear an explanation to this)

2) Your read on RtaniSoul. You think they are second likely to be mafia (calling marv mafia here is just straight out bullshit), based on the fact all they did is call your #1 scumread scum?!?!?! How on earth does this make any sense at all?

3) Why is your vote on someone you can't possibly have any read on instead on someone who you DO apparently have a read on, and you legitmately, based on you, think is mafia?


I don't have time at the moment to post any follow up analysis, so I will only answer the question directed at me.

I did not include any thoughts on you, Ryan, in part because you have been vocal. There is a little more for me to have to figure out and I'd like to not post a read on you until I have.

It's going to be a couple more hours still before I'm able to actually post a lot again, but I promise I'm reading and can interject if need be.


This smells like bullshit to me.

It's true it sounds like a bad excuse.


prompting him to 3rd party defend rayn. maybe im reaching but I'd be ok with a rels lynch if thats the play.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 18:07 GMT
#431
Number 2: GM post with the second quote replaced

I found 2 things about rels. first this post sticks out to me:

On December 13 2015 19:43 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 08:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn
I guess you would call this a 'tone' read or whatever, but I am pretty darn good at spotting a townie rayn and alot of what he says makes sense. HIs damdred read was godlike and hard to fake as I have said earlier. His questioning of Rels was also good in that it showed one of the tendencies that I can recall rayn having. That being that he loves to really comb through the things people are saying in order to find small inconsistencies or breakdowns of a normal thought Process.

But you don't have a read on Damdred after saying rayn's read is godlike ?
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
GreyMist

On December 13 2015 03:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 00:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Rels i have a really hard time understanding your thought process atm so could you walk me through it.
There are a couple of things:

1) Your read on Greymist. I actually find it one of the weirdest things in this game that he does not have any sort of read on me. Before your posts two of the three people posting in this game besides him and me have stated they have a townread on me. What i would think Greymist would do is to either agree with the read, or disagree with the read (let it be null/scum for him then). Instead he doesn't do any of this. I consider myself the most vocal person in this game so far besides Damdred --> i would think people would have at least some opinion on me. Apparently you do aswell now, everyone else who has posted (after our morning) does, why is it not weird for you that Greymist doesn't?

(that goes to Greymist aswell, i would like to hear an explanation to this)

2) Your read on RtaniSoul. You think they are second likely to be mafia (calling marv mafia here is just straight out bullshit), based on the fact all they did is call your #1 scumread scum?!?!?! How on earth does this make any sense at all?

3) Why is your vote on someone you can't possibly have any read on instead on someone who you DO apparently have a read on, and you legitmately, based on you, think is mafia?


I don't have time at the moment to post any follow up analysis, so I will only answer the question directed at me.

I did not include any thoughts on you, Ryan, in part because you have been vocal. There is a little more for me to have to figure out and I'd like to not post a read on you until I have.

It's going to be a couple more hours still before I'm able to actually post a lot again, but I promise I'm reading and can interject if need be.


This smells like bullshit to me.

It's true it sounds like a bad excuse.


That agreement with DP at the end strikes me as really weird, but I dont know why. Maybe its becuase its really just meaningless, he doesnt use the time or space to push me or ask a question, and there really is no followup along this line from him.

and then there is a possible overreaction becuase i mentioned his name in this post:

On December 13 2015 19:50 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
while reading, 2 stood out to me as interesting:

The first is in regards to Damdred/Rels. I felt OK about Dam at first, but it struck me as interesting the way he interacted with Rels when Rels votes Marv. He asks why Rels is policy voting someone when he has a scum read on someone else, a sentiment I have no real issue with. What strikes me as strange is the way Dam seems to play up what Rels is doing as a weird play. The interaction covers most of a page when it seemed like it really didn't need to. I am suspicious of players who have lengthy interactions with others while accomplishing nothing. In addition, after this happens, DP essentially does the exact same thing and yet no reaction from Damdred. This strikes me as odd and I'd like to hear damdred's thoights about DP's vote placement.

How is it scum indicative ? I'm one of the scumread of Damdred, it's normal he interrogates me on my actions.

Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
The first has occurred recently- forgive me for not quoting at the moment - when Ryan said he was sure that there could not be scum between DP/Hydra/ and Rels And was "certain" there was scum between myself and Marv. To begin, I don't like when people categorize like this. I feel like it benefits mafia to arbitrarily put people into categories to empose their viewpoint on the town. That isn't the main reason I didn't like the post, however.

On the contrary, I think it's town indicative for rayn to share his thought process. It's only scum indicative if you can point how what he posted is not logical or deserves a scum agenda.

Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
The problem I have is his sudden change in conviction. Notice before this post he is just asking my opinion, wanting to know what I think of him (I will address this later below). And then, literally the next post he is certain either I or Marv are scum. Also consider that Marv is a guy who has not been here!You cannot be certain that someone is mafia if they have not posted. So basically, Rayn is saying here that he is certain I am mafia. It is this change in attitude, this certainty, and this hiding of his opinion by including Marv in this pairing that aroused my suspicion.

He explained why he thought that. Can you point what is wrong or scum with his logic ?

Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
First, the way he jumped onto Rels with Damdred seems a bit rushed and oppertunistic to me. As if he is testing the waters to see if he can get something rolling.

You seem to consider me town since apparently Damdred / rayn attacked me too easily. Why are you townreading me ?


prompting him to 3rd party defend rayn. maybe im reaching but I'd be ok with a rels lynch if thats the play.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 18:07 GMT
#432
Number 3: GM post with the second quote replaced by another

I found 2 things about rels. first this post sticks out to me:

On December 13 2015 19:43 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 08:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn
I guess you would call this a 'tone' read or whatever, but I am pretty darn good at spotting a townie rayn and alot of what he says makes sense. HIs damdred read was godlike and hard to fake as I have said earlier. His questioning of Rels was also good in that it showed one of the tendencies that I can recall rayn having. That being that he loves to really comb through the things people are saying in order to find small inconsistencies or breakdowns of a normal thought Process.

But you don't have a read on Damdred after saying rayn's read is godlike ?
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
GreyMist

On December 13 2015 03:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 00:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Rels i have a really hard time understanding your thought process atm so could you walk me through it.
There are a couple of things:

1) Your read on Greymist. I actually find it one of the weirdest things in this game that he does not have any sort of read on me. Before your posts two of the three people posting in this game besides him and me have stated they have a townread on me. What i would think Greymist would do is to either agree with the read, or disagree with the read (let it be null/scum for him then). Instead he doesn't do any of this. I consider myself the most vocal person in this game so far besides Damdred --> i would think people would have at least some opinion on me. Apparently you do aswell now, everyone else who has posted (after our morning) does, why is it not weird for you that Greymist doesn't?

(that goes to Greymist aswell, i would like to hear an explanation to this)

2) Your read on RtaniSoul. You think they are second likely to be mafia (calling marv mafia here is just straight out bullshit), based on the fact all they did is call your #1 scumread scum?!?!?! How on earth does this make any sense at all?

3) Why is your vote on someone you can't possibly have any read on instead on someone who you DO apparently have a read on, and you legitmately, based on you, think is mafia?


I don't have time at the moment to post any follow up analysis, so I will only answer the question directed at me.

I did not include any thoughts on you, Ryan, in part because you have been vocal. There is a little more for me to have to figure out and I'd like to not post a read on you until I have.

It's going to be a couple more hours still before I'm able to actually post a lot again, but I promise I'm reading and can interject if need be.


This smells like bullshit to me.

It's true it sounds like a bad excuse.


That agreement with DP at the end strikes me as really weird, but I dont know why. Maybe its becuase its really just meaningless, he doesnt use the time or space to push me or ask a question, and there really is no followup along this line from him.

and then there is a possible overreaction becuase i mentioned his name in this post:

On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
while reading, 2 stood out to me as interesting:

The first is in regards to Damdred/Rels. I felt OK about Dam at first, but it struck me as interesting the way he interacted with Rels when Rels votes Marv. He asks why Rels is policy voting someone when he has a scum read on someone else, a sentiment I have no real issue with. What strikes me as strange is the way Dam seems to play up what Rels is doing as a weird play. The interaction covers most of a page when it seemed like it really didn't need to. I am suspicious of players who have lengthy interactions with others while accomplishing nothing. In addition, after this happens, DP essentially does the exact same thing and yet no reaction from Damdred. This strikes me as odd and I'd like to hear damdred's thoights about DP's vote placement.

The second thing is Ryan's long awaited analysis of himself, not to be one who disappoints: I am slightly suspicious of Ryan. Here is my reasoning:

First I will say that, while I find some conduct of Ryan suspicious, this results from inconsistencies in his behavior. I thought a lot of what he was doing seemed towny, however there are a few things that give me pause.

The first has occurred recently- forgive me for not quoting at the moment - when Ryan said he was sure that there could not be scum between DP/Hydra/ and Rels And was "certain" there was scum between myself and Marv. To begin, I don't like when people categorize like this. I feel like it benefits mafia to arbitrarily put people into categories to empose their viewpoint on the town. That isn't the main reason I didn't like the post, however.

The problem I have is his sudden change in conviction. Notice before this post he is just asking my opinion, wanting to know what I think of him (I will address this later below). And then, literally the next post he is certain either I or Marv are scum. Also consider that Marv is a guy who has not been here!You cannot be certain that someone is mafia if they have not posted. So basically, Rayn is saying here that he is certain I am mafia. It is this change in attitude, this certainty, and this hiding of his opinion by including Marv in this pairing that aroused my suspicion.


Finally, I thought back to Ryan's other posts. They all seemed very towny so I thought to myself: "maybe I'm just chainsaw ing Ryan here, creating a read on him out of spite." Then I noticed 2 minor things which makes me think, perhaps, he could be mafia.

First, the way he jumped onto Rels with Damdred seems a bit rushed and oppertunistic to me. As if he is testing the waters to see if he can get something rolling.

Finally, Ryan asking my read of him. This strikes me as odd as well because it appears as though he wants to draw some early fire for an easy opportunity to defend himself through activity. A question like "why didn't you analyze me?!" Has bearing on day 2, but not a quarter into day 1 when information is still being processed.

There are my current thoughts, more to come.


prompting him to 3rd party defend rayn. maybe im reaching but I'd be ok with a rels lynch if thats the play.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 18:07 GMT
#433
Which one of the three is the correct one ?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 18:28 GMT
#436
I'm as lost as you. Waiting for gm confirmation on what he meant (did he misquote or not ?) before going further.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 18:39 GMT
#438
On December 15 2015 03:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2015 03:28 Rels wrote:
I'm as lost as you. Waiting for gm confirmation on what he meant (did he misquote or not ?) before going further.

So am i correct, is this your problem with him?
Show nested quote +
Since you admit yourself you misread a post, I don't understand why you think me questionning your logic on attacking rayn is a 3rd party defense rather than me finding something weird on your posts. Do you have an explanation ?

Yep. But he said he made a mistake and meant something else since.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 19:29 GMT
#444
On December 15 2015 04:21 GreYMisT wrote:
Its the fourth option: I should have had 2 quotes in that section - a combination of the 1st and the 3rd.

But anyway rels, just pretend like I am not mafia for a few minutes. You have a gun, who do you shoot tonight and why.

I don't think that makes sense. Watching a movie right now, will get back to it after.
I shoot you btw.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 20:15 GMT
#449
On December 15 2015 05:03 RtaniSoul wrote:
We also don't think the Rels-GM interaction looks like town-town, and in particular looks bad on Rels. It looks more like he's trying to make something happen and focusing on small issues that he just posts a lot about rather than trying to work with people. Kind of more of the same. The issue discussed was insignificant and doesn't really make anyone scum.

You're bad game is over anyway
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 20:16 GMT
#450
On December 15 2015 05:10 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2015 04:29 Rels wrote:
On December 15 2015 04:21 GreYMisT wrote:
Its the fourth option: I should have had 2 quotes in that section - a combination of the 1st and the 3rd.

But anyway rels, just pretend like I am not mafia for a few minutes. You have a gun, who do you shoot tonight and why.

I don't think that makes sense. Watching a movie right now, will get back to it after.
I shoot you btw.


So if im not mafia you shoot me? Answer the question please.

I'm 100% sure you're scum so its a pointless question.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 20:19 GMT
#454
On December 15 2015 05:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
My problem is i don't really think Greymist is scum....

If you wanna get spoiled, look at the explanation he gave when I first asked him why I was defending you
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 21:11 GMT
#466
Alright. Please go here and see the number 1, 2 and 3:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/499921-really-small-mafia-ii?page=22#430

When I interrogated GM as to why he made the post about me defending rayn, he answered this:
On December 15 2015 01:11 GreYMisT wrote:
3) and I think i might have misquoted as you said. I see it as a 3rd party defense because I posted suspicions of ryan, and you came in and broke down the post instead of waiting to see how rayn would react to it, like I would assume a town would who wants more information.

That corresponds to the post being the "number 2" post, where, as he said, I "came in and broke down the post".

Now he actually went back from this answer and say it's number 1+3 that he meant:
On December 15 2015 04:21 GreYMisT wrote:
Its the fourth option: I should have had 2 quotes in that section - a combination of the 1st and the 3rd.

But anyway rels, just pretend like I am not mafia for a few minutes. You have a gun, who do you shoot tonight and why.

But in this configuration, I didn't "came in and broke the post instead of waiting to see how rayn would react to it". Meaning this post is a mistake, as he admited:
On December 15 2015 01:11 GreYMisT wrote:
3) and I think i might have misquoted as you said. I see it as a 3rd party defense because I posted suspicions of ryan, and you came in and broke down the post instead of waiting to see how rayn would react to it, like I would assume a town would who wants more information.

Now in that post he posted a rational explanation as to why he apparently thought I was scum trying to 3rd party defend rayn. An explanation that he rescinded a few posts later, saying he made a mistake.
It is unlikely for a townie to forget why you scumread someone. It is impossible for a townie to create a new reason by mistake. So GM is scum making up stuff.

He saw my post:
+ Show Spoiler +

On December 15 2015 00:25 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2015 05:46 GreYMisT wrote:
I found 2 things about rels. first this post sticks out to me:

On December 13 2015 19:43 Rels wrote:
On December 13 2015 08:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn
I guess you would call this a 'tone' read or whatever, but I am pretty darn good at spotting a townie rayn and alot of what he says makes sense. HIs damdred read was godlike and hard to fake as I have said earlier. His questioning of Rels was also good in that it showed one of the tendencies that I can recall rayn having. That being that he loves to really comb through the things people are saying in order to find small inconsistencies or breakdowns of a normal thought Process.

But you don't have a read on Damdred after saying rayn's read is godlike ?
On December 13 2015 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
GreyMist

On December 13 2015 03:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 00:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Rels i have a really hard time understanding your thought process atm so could you walk me through it.
There are a couple of things:

1) Your read on Greymist. I actually find it one of the weirdest things in this game that he does not have any sort of read on me. Before your posts two of the three people posting in this game besides him and me have stated they have a townread on me. What i would think Greymist would do is to either agree with the read, or disagree with the read (let it be null/scum for him then). Instead he doesn't do any of this. I consider myself the most vocal person in this game so far besides Damdred --> i would think people would have at least some opinion on me. Apparently you do aswell now, everyone else who has posted (after our morning) does, why is it not weird for you that Greymist doesn't?

(that goes to Greymist aswell, i would like to hear an explanation to this)

2) Your read on RtaniSoul. You think they are second likely to be mafia (calling marv mafia here is just straight out bullshit), based on the fact all they did is call your #1 scumread scum?!?!?! How on earth does this make any sense at all?

3) Why is your vote on someone you can't possibly have any read on instead on someone who you DO apparently have a read on, and you legitmately, based on you, think is mafia?


I don't have time at the moment to post any follow up analysis, so I will only answer the question directed at me.

I did not include any thoughts on you, Ryan, in part because you have been vocal. There is a little more for me to have to figure out and I'd like to not post a read on you until I have.

It's going to be a couple more hours still before I'm able to actually post a lot again, but I promise I'm reading and can interject if need be.


This smells like bullshit to me.

It's true it sounds like a bad excuse.


That agreement with DP at the end strikes me as really weird, but I dont know why. Maybe its becuase its really just meaningless, he doesnt use the time or space to push me or ask a question, and there really is no followup along this line from him.

and then there is a possible overreaction becuase i mentioned his name in this post:

On December 13 2015 19:43 Rels wrote:
On December 13 2015 08:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn
I guess you would call this a 'tone' read or whatever, but I am pretty darn good at spotting a townie rayn and alot of what he says makes sense. HIs damdred read was godlike and hard to fake as I have said earlier. His questioning of Rels was also good in that it showed one of the tendencies that I can recall rayn having. That being that he loves to really comb through the things people are saying in order to find small inconsistencies or breakdowns of a normal thought Process.

But you don't have a read on Damdred after saying rayn's read is godlike ?
On December 13 2015 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
GreyMist

On December 13 2015 03:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 00:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Rels i have a really hard time understanding your thought process atm so could you walk me through it.
There are a couple of things:

1) Your read on Greymist. I actually find it one of the weirdest things in this game that he does not have any sort of read on me. Before your posts two of the three people posting in this game besides him and me have stated they have a townread on me. What i would think Greymist would do is to either agree with the read, or disagree with the read (let it be null/scum for him then). Instead he doesn't do any of this. I consider myself the most vocal person in this game so far besides Damdred --> i would think people would have at least some opinion on me. Apparently you do aswell now, everyone else who has posted (after our morning) does, why is it not weird for you that Greymist doesn't?

(that goes to Greymist aswell, i would like to hear an explanation to this)

2) Your read on RtaniSoul. You think they are second likely to be mafia (calling marv mafia here is just straight out bullshit), based on the fact all they did is call your #1 scumread scum?!?!?! How on earth does this make any sense at all?

3) Why is your vote on someone you can't possibly have any read on instead on someone who you DO apparently have a read on, and you legitmately, based on you, think is mafia?


I don't have time at the moment to post any follow up analysis, so I will only answer the question directed at me.

I did not include any thoughts on you, Ryan, in part because you have been vocal. There is a little more for me to have to figure out and I'd like to not post a read on you until I have.

It's going to be a couple more hours still before I'm able to actually post a lot again, but I promise I'm reading and can interject if need be.


This smells like bullshit to me.

It's true it sounds like a bad excuse.


prompting him to 3rd party defend rayn. maybe im reaching but I'd be ok with a rels lynch if thats the play.


Can you expand on to how I 3rd party defend rayn here ? I assume you quoted the wrong post and you meant this one:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 19:50 Rels wrote:
On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
while reading, 2 stood out to me as interesting:

The first is in regards to Damdred/Rels. I felt OK about Dam at first, but it struck me as interesting the way he interacted with Rels when Rels votes Marv. He asks why Rels is policy voting someone when he has a scum read on someone else, a sentiment I have no real issue with. What strikes me as strange is the way Dam seems to play up what Rels is doing as a weird play. The interaction covers most of a page when it seemed like it really didn't need to. I am suspicious of players who have lengthy interactions with others while accomplishing nothing. In addition, after this happens, DP essentially does the exact same thing and yet no reaction from Damdred. This strikes me as odd and I'd like to hear damdred's thoights about DP's vote placement.

How is it scum indicative ? I'm one of the scumread of Damdred, it's normal he interrogates me on my actions.

On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
The first has occurred recently- forgive me for not quoting at the moment - when Ryan said he was sure that there could not be scum between DP/Hydra/ and Rels And was "certain" there was scum between myself and Marv. To begin, I don't like when people categorize like this. I feel like it benefits mafia to arbitrarily put people into categories to empose their viewpoint on the town. That isn't the main reason I didn't like the post, however.

On the contrary, I think it's town indicative for rayn to share his thought process. It's only scum indicative if you can point how what he posted is not logical or deserves a scum agenda.

On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
The problem I have is his sudden change in conviction. Notice before this post he is just asking my opinion, wanting to know what I think of him (I will address this later below). And then, literally the next post he is certain either I or Marv are scum. Also consider that Marv is a guy who has not been here!You cannot be certain that someone is mafia if they have not posted. So basically, Rayn is saying here that he is certain I am mafia. It is this change in attitude, this certainty, and this hiding of his opinion by including Marv in this pairing that aroused my suspicion.

He explained why he thought that. Can you point what is wrong or scum with his logic ?

On December 13 2015 09:36 GreYMisT wrote:
First, the way he jumped onto Rels with Damdred seems a bit rushed and oppertunistic to me. As if he is testing the waters to see if he can get something rolling.

You seem to consider me town since apparently Damdred / rayn attacked me too easily. Why are you townreading me ?



Thought about what to answer, made up a reason that made sense:
+ Show Spoiler +

On December 15 2015 01:11 GreYMisT wrote:
3) and I think i might have misquoted as you said. I see it as a 3rd party defense because I posted suspicions of ryan, and you came in and broke down the post instead of waiting to see how rayn would react to it, like I would assume a town would who wants more information.


Then went back on it realizing it didn't make sense:
+ Show Spoiler +

On December 15 2015 01:34 GreYMisT wrote:
Ok I see now, I didnt misquote, just didnt format the best way. the "3rd party defend" statement that I said referred to the same one you quoted, and my thoughts were based on that.

On December 15 2015 01:37 GreYMisT wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out. It appears as though I missremembered.

On December 15 2015 01:41 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2015 01:36 Rels wrote:
On December 15 2015 01:34 GreYMisT wrote:
Ok I see now, I didnt misquote, just didnt format the best way. the "3rd party defend" statement that I said referred to the same one you quoted, and my thoughts were based on that.

So you mean it referred to this ?
On December 13 2015 19:43 Rels wrote:
On December 13 2015 08:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn
I guess you would call this a 'tone' read or whatever, but I am pretty darn good at spotting a townie rayn and alot of what he says makes sense. HIs damdred read was godlike and hard to fake as I have said earlier. His questioning of Rels was also good in that it showed one of the tendencies that I can recall rayn having. That being that he loves to really comb through the things people are saying in order to find small inconsistencies or breakdowns of a normal thought Process.

But you don't have a read on Damdred after saying rayn's read is godlike ?
On December 13 2015 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
GreyMist

On December 13 2015 03:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On December 13 2015 00:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Rels i have a really hard time understanding your thought process atm so could you walk me through it.
There are a couple of things:

1) Your read on Greymist. I actually find it one of the weirdest things in this game that he does not have any sort of read on me. Before your posts two of the three people posting in this game besides him and me have stated they have a townread on me. What i would think Greymist would do is to either agree with the read, or disagree with the read (let it be null/scum for him then). Instead he doesn't do any of this. I consider myself the most vocal person in this game so far besides Damdred --> i would think people would have at least some opinion on me. Apparently you do aswell now, everyone else who has posted (after our morning) does, why is it not weird for you that Greymist doesn't?

(that goes to Greymist aswell, i would like to hear an explanation to this)

2) Your read on RtaniSoul. You think they are second likely to be mafia (calling marv mafia here is just straight out bullshit), based on the fact all they did is call your #1 scumread scum?!?!?! How on earth does this make any sense at all?

3) Why is your vote on someone you can't possibly have any read on instead on someone who you DO apparently have a read on, and you legitmately, based on you, think is mafia?


I don't have time at the moment to post any follow up analysis, so I will only answer the question directed at me.

I did not include any thoughts on you, Ryan, in part because you have been vocal. There is a little more for me to have to figure out and I'd like to not post a read on you until I have.

It's going to be a couple more hours still before I'm able to actually post a lot again, but I promise I'm reading and can interject if need be.


This smells like bullshit to me.

It's true it sounds like a bad excuse.


I dont think this is getting us anywhere, but ill try to make this clear for you. And this is the last I'll discuss this for now.

I was pointing out a connection between your saying "sounds like a bad excuse" when i made a comment about ryan, and the later post you did commenting on my post about rayn. "Prompting" was probably the incorrect word to use in that case.


Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 21:16 GMT
#468
rayn if by your fault GM is never lynched this game I'm gonna be super mad. I don't have anything to answer your things against me.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 21:22 GMT
#471
On December 15 2015 06:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
No fuck.. Greymist is scum.
Rels makes sense here.

Greymist actually says two different things here.

Man that feels very good
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 21:36 GMT
#475
On December 15 2015 06:34 DarthPunk wrote:
Rayn if grey is scum why did he not push me or rels really hard with marv in order to stave off marvs lynch?

He didn't push hard but he did push me and tried to resist the switch off me to marv.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 21:54 GMT
#480
Yep. Game is over.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 21:59 GMT
#489
On December 15 2015 06:58 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2015 06:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 15 2015 06:55 DarthPunk wrote:
Do you not consider that GM could have just changed his perception of that post over the course of time?

He is literally using two different posts to justify his read on Rels.
one post is meh.... which he now claims is not actually the post he was talking about.
the second post must be a lie.

what am i supposed to think?


What if he just changed his mind based on the ~day of time playing the game that had passed or started viewing that post differently with different information?

Please explain how a townie make up a reason to explain a past post, then realize that reason isn't true ?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 14 2015 22:01 GMT
#494
##Vote greymist

See you all tomorrow (=
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 257
BRAT_OK 109
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 897
Shuttle 696
Zeus 86
soO 43
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 27
Sacsri 8
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5176
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3234
Liquid`Hasu561
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe517
Livibee171
Pyrionflax169
QueenE65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 53
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie697
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 58m
Patches Events
19h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 58m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.