• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10038 users

You Only Shoot Once Mafia - Page 119

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 Next
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 04:14:15
May 23 2014 04:12 GMT
#2361
On another note, I really really enjoyed this post restriction thing. I think it would be awesome if we tried having more of these on TLMafia. I don't think it hurt this game at all and made it a lot easier for people to keep up. 7 day 20 player game with only 110 pages? That's pretty nice.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 06:21:47
May 23 2014 04:37 GMT
#2362
On May 23 2014 13:12 prplhz wrote:
On another note, I really really enjoyed this post restriction thing. I think it would be awesome if we tried having more of these on TLMafia. I don't think it hurt this game at all and made it a lot easier for people to keep up. 7 day 20 player game with only 110 pages? That's pretty nice.


I also enjoyed the post restriction thing and thought it was well enforced


PS here is the scumteam trying to fire their bullets-- dayvigi OR nk

[image loading]

Do you have no idea what's going on here? welcome to the club
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 23 2014 07:22 GMT
#2363
unto Ver

Yes, I am paranoid often and quickly. Must chillax

I think I have learned something of value here.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 23 2014 09:02 GMT
#2364
Rofl the obs QT wanted to lynch the fuck out of me.
Computer says mafia
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
May 23 2014 10:16 GMT
#2365
Did Ver know the setup? Impressive analysis if not
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 23 2014 12:37 GMT
#2366
Ver designed the setup afaik

Still impressive analysis
Writer@WriterYamato
OdinOfPergo
Profile Joined December 2011
United States840 Posts
May 23 2014 13:52 GMT
#2367
Ok, I have to just say.

Wow.

Just amazed by your analysis Ver. I do have a question for you though. How willing would you be to be chatty with me (of course with host approval.) in any upcoming mafia games? You said a number of times my grammar/ chain of thought (I think?) are not parsable. I'd really love help with this to be honest. I feel like most of the time, I can't get my thoughts out. It's not that I don't know what to say, but mostly how to say and say it.

Anyway, thanks for the food for thought, a fantastic game, and a spectacular analysis.
I, hope at least, can make myself a better player for it.

Ik weet niet wie ik denk dat ik ben. Ik weet niet wie ik zogenaamd in gesprek met. je niet hier, niemand is. Ik ben hier niet, niets is.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
May 23 2014 14:07 GMT
#2368
Poll: Did you enjoy the post restriction mechanic?

Yes, although I would only want it implemented in some games (6)
 
33%

Yes and I think it should be implemented for the majority of games. (5)
 
28%

No, I would not join another game with post restrictions (4)
 
22%

I like the concept, but I'd feel there is a better way to implement it (3)
 
17%

18 total votes

Your vote: Did you enjoy the post restriction mechanic?

(Vote): Yes and I think it should be implemented for the majority of games.
(Vote): I like the concept, but I'd feel there is a better way to implement it
(Vote): Yes, although I would only want it implemented in some games
(Vote): No, I would not join another game with post restrictions



I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 23 2014 14:24 GMT
#2369
Liked it. But it should be restricted different. Sometimes you just got to make a couple small posts. Makes it more fun.
I had a good night of sleep.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
May 23 2014 14:59 GMT
#2370
On May 23 2014 21:37 yamato77 wrote:
Ver designed the setup afaik

Still impressive analysis

If you know that there is a mason recruiter traitor, town aligned pardoner, town aligned america (and know how the role works), 3 town vigs and 3 mafia vigs, the game solves itself very quickly.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 23 2014 15:08 GMT
#2371
There's some degree of truth to that, but there's still impressive reasoning he uses. Particularly, I think his approach to solving the game is the correct one. Looking at how mafia react to situations and their actual actions in the game is definitely the correct methodology. Also, town came in knowing there would be large amounts of vigilantes, the impressive feat is determining who is mafia and who is town from how they use their KP.

But anyway, the analysis is aimed at helping players improve and in showing his thought process on the game. I think it serves well for townies to learn how an objective player looks at the game and for mafia to realize what gives them away.
Writer@WriterYamato
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
May 23 2014 15:09 GMT
#2372
Absolutely
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
May 23 2014 15:48 GMT
#2373
On May 23 2014 19:16 syllogism wrote:
Did Ver know the setup? Impressive analysis if not


Ver designed the setup, and we finalized it a couple of hours before the game went up. So he should have known Palmar's and Caller's alignments pretty early. I'm pretty sure those are the only two major information advantages he'd have over a normal townie, as the recruiting mason didn't claim until later, and it was fairly obvious that Cephiro's cop claim was legitimate.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 23 2014 16:46 GMT
#2374
On May 23 2014 23:59 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2014 21:37 yamato77 wrote:
Ver designed the setup afaik

Still impressive analysis

If you know that there is a mason recruiter traitor, town aligned pardoner, town aligned america (and know how the role works), 3 town vigs and 3 mafia vigs, the game solves itself very quickly.

True. It also explains his suspicion towards myself because he knew the amount of dayvigs.

I did not enjoy the post restriction and won't join another game where this is implemented but I can see the point of it. Smaller threads are nice but I am too limited in my own play if there is a post restriction.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 23 2014 16:59 GMT
#2375
I'm ok with the idea of a postcount restriction I guess, I just don't think it was right at all in this game

gumshoe getting warned for posting more than 5 times at night was just so silly given his previous lack of posting. That cannot be the idea.

So many times people avoided hashing things out because they were "saving posts". That also cannot be the intention of a restriction.

The actual limit itself was unnecessarily harsh. The "problem" is not that people post 20 or 30 or 50 or even 100 times per phase, it's the rampant spam where people's filters get really massive that causes the buildup.

In essence what i'm saying is that there's no point in having a 25 post limit when you could have, for example, a 75 post limit. Some/plenty people aren't going to make that limit, and the high volume / free-time posters who use up the rest will still be at least reasonably careful with their posts so they can actually utilise them. As a high poster/sometime spammer, a 75 restriction would limit that markedly and yet still leave me room to manouevre and produce content, the game would still be way shorter and more readable, etc.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 17:08:16
May 23 2014 17:06 GMT
#2376
What might make more sense would instead of a daily limit, have a filter length limit. You're allowed one page of filter, plus 10 posts per 24 hours. So for example, by the end of D1 you can have 40 posts, by the end of N1 you can have 50, by the end of D2 you can have 70, by the end of N2 you can have 80, and so on.

By making it 10 posts per 24 hours, but then giving everyone a 1-page "buffer" we ensure:

1. it's not "use it or lose it"-- if you come in to the game late or lurk for a few days and need to catch up and make posts in a short span, you can.
2. in addition to the gradual linear post progression, you also have a 20-post buffer you can dip in to. This is kind of the opposite of the previous point, but basically if you have been making 10 posts per 24 hours and need to make more posts, you can.

E:

an ideal setup targets spammers (like me rofl) and people who just do a ton of activity. Like, in a game you might have 6 or 7 players with 10 page filters, then like 2 dudes with 30 page filters who account for like half the game. We really only need to worry about the 2 dudes imo. we want a solution which targets them and lets normal people play normally
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 23 2014 17:08 GMT
#2377
I think the post restriction was fine - it accomplished what it was meant to accomplish and I think the gumshoe thing is an anomaly in that most people won't be mega-lurkers who suddenly have an urge to post a lot.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 23 2014 17:09 GMT
#2378
if what it meant to accomplish was "stopping people talking about game-related stuff on multiple occasions" then yes, it did
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 17:31:00
May 23 2014 17:30 GMT
#2379
On May 24 2014 02:09 marvellosity wrote:
if what it meant to accomplish was "stopping people talking about game-related stuff on multiple occasions" then yes, it did

Indeed. I don't enjoy always having to count how many posts I already made before posting something. And not being able to post when something important is going on is just annoying and detrimental to the game. Even if you aren't a spammer 25 posts is a way too harsh limit.
Edit: And 5 Posts per night is just ridiculous. Might aswell do silent nights then.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 23 2014 18:00 GMT
#2380
Being the rebel I am I just didn't follow the post restriction.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 296
MaxPax 250
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66351
Calm 4134
Shuttle 2599
Bisu 2264
FanTaSy 1511
Soma 580
Mini 504
EffOrt 452
Stork 357
Light 307
[ Show more ]
Rush 276
firebathero 251
Hyuk 245
ZerO 186
Snow 185
actioN 122
Barracks 116
Zeus 85
Killer 82
hero 79
Dewaltoss 60
Sea.KH 52
Hyun 43
Pusan 41
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 32
Shine 28
Free 26
Sharp 26
Yoon 23
PianO 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 18
zelot 18
sorry 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7797
Dendi999
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_160
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko433
crisheroes397
Other Games
hiko2194
singsing1960
B2W.Neo485
DeMusliM278
byalli255
Hui .203
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX159
Mew2King69
Rex38
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2116
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 48m
Replay Cast
8h 33m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.