• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:45
CEST 20:45
KST 03:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8754 users

You Only Shoot Once Mafia - Page 118

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 Next
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 22 2014 19:22 GMT
#2341
good game and thanks to host for hosting, well done. Could we get a list of QTs please
I come in for the scraps
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 22 2014 19:26 GMT
#2342
Thanks to the hosts for good hosting!

Props to JAT for opposing me in all things.

I wish I had rolled town, I had pretty great reads this game. I think as scum we were lucky to get as far as we did, and foolish not to win when we could.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-22 20:40:12
May 22 2014 20:39 GMT
#2343
I kind of feel bad for hijacking another thread, but is anyone interested in replacing in for Golden Sun Mafia? We are currently in Night 1.

If so PM me!
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 22 2014 20:45 GMT
#2344
absolutely disgraceful. honestly.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
May 22 2014 20:46 GMT
#2345
On May 22 2014 13:09 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2014 12:33 austinmcc wrote:
gg duders

VA, in the past you were super against lying as either alignment. I know I haven't really seen you play mafia, but was that a legit feeling before or are you happy to lie as mafia?


referring to what exactly?
More or less claiming hero. I guess you didn't outright claim it, but I super trusted the statements in Thug Life (I think that was the game) where you were really strongly against lying in mafia games.

Was that untrue, or was hinting okay and not lying?
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
May 22 2014 21:01 GMT
#2346
Thanks hapa for hosting and fielding questions. Thanks Ver for sorta-hosting and for the analysis.

Real sorry all for my late play, I kept getting tied up IRL and just played really poorly after being super duper townie. The Foolishness lynch was bad, but worse was the day after and the no-lynch.

I actually had about 2/3 of a post while out of town written on my phone, but it died as I was still typing it up. Never got to say anything final, although I think it was mostly anti-gumshoe and anti-marv.
Fe fi fo fum.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 22 2014 21:09 GMT
#2347
only thing I could see myself saying that about is like real life stuff. Like if I say I wasn't here, I legitimately wasnt here as either alignment. Its easy to tell when im online anyway from posting on teamliquid.

I fake claim often as mafia, think i've done it in my last 3 games? but that's just because of how the games worked out
I come in for the scraps
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
May 22 2014 22:49 GMT
#2348
On May 23 2014 00:28 justanothertownie wrote:
Impressive analysis. Ver takes a totally different angle than most other people it seems. Explains the post restriction. I still disagree about the style complaints but you can't deny how he caught most mafia really early.
ALTHOUGH he was suspicious of me. Noone in this game was ever suspicious of me after day1. And correctly so. I was so clearly town it doesn't get any more obvious.


I felt I had ironclad reasons why everyone else remaining in the game besides gumshoe you and prplhz were town. Though after talking to Hapa later on if I had looked closely at Gumshoe there probably wouldn't have been any doubt.

I didn't mean for the methods section to be taken as a personal attack, I just worded it strongly to provoke people and make them think. There obviously are many different ways of thinking; Sandro for example approaches things very different from I do yet it works very well. If you guys feel what you do brings results, then by all means continue and refine it. Just be sure what you do doesn't screw over other townies in the process.
Liquipedia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 22 2014 23:16 GMT
#2349
On May 23 2014 07:49 Ver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2014 00:28 justanothertownie wrote:
Impressive analysis. Ver takes a totally different angle than most other people it seems. Explains the post restriction. I still disagree about the style complaints but you can't deny how he caught most mafia really early.
ALTHOUGH he was suspicious of me. Noone in this game was ever suspicious of me after day1. And correctly so. I was so clearly town it doesn't get any more obvious.


I felt I had ironclad reasons why everyone else remaining in the game besides gumshoe you and prplhz were town. Though after talking to Hapa later on if I had looked closely at Gumshoe there probably wouldn't have been any doubt.

I didn't mean for the methods section to be taken as a personal attack, I just worded it strongly to provoke people and make them think. There obviously are many different ways of thinking; Sandro for example approaches things very different from I do yet it works very well. If you guys feel what you do brings results, then by all means continue and refine it. Just be sure what you do doesn't screw over other townies in the process.

Noted. I guess the last part was at least partly directed at my foolishness tunnel and I will fully admit that I was not only wrong about him but also probably prevented him from playing the game the way he should be.

I won't change my style - I had success with it and I disagree that my questions are useless spam. But I think there is much to learn from your method of scumhunting especially concerning the disconnect between what people say and what they do. Your analysis is very helpful in that regard.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
May 22 2014 23:47 GMT
#2350
why was prp replaced really late btw Hapa?
No gg, No skill.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
May 22 2014 23:52 GMT
#2351
Ver, do you find value in just asking question to drum up discussion, get people talking, etc?

I get that they can often be useless or clutter things up, or mafia can do whatever they want with dinky questions, but there are times where I feel that either (a) someone can be prodded to participate more/at all with easy questions or fun questions, as a means of getting them into the game and playing; or (b) there just needs to be a base of STUFF to get people going, and questions/answers can provide the base, even if it's all dumb.

I've been trying lots more little questions lately, and i THINK it's been helping me personally, and i THINK it's been good for at least some other players in terms of finding someone not motivated to participate and drawing them in, but I'm not 100% on that so I'm kinda interested in this.

I assume it's not quite as black/white as only asking questions to entrap/get something very specific that might be alignment-determinative.
Fe fi fo fum.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-22 23:52:40
May 22 2014 23:52 GMT
#2352
On May 23 2014 08:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
why was prp replaced really late btw Hapa?

Oh man, and here I thought you just didn't read threads when you're in a game. Glad we cleared THAT up!

e: <3
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 23 2014 01:34 GMT
#2353
On May 23 2014 08:52 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2014 08:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
why was prp replaced really late btw Hapa?

Oh man, and here I thought you just didn't read threads when you're in a game. Glad we cleared THAT up!

e: <3

too funny. i don't think anything could have been more perfect than oats' question there
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 23 2014 01:58 GMT
#2354
You played really well.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
OdinOfPergo
Profile Joined December 2011
United States840 Posts
May 23 2014 02:07 GMT
#2355
Woo. Thanks for hosting guys!

I haven't got a chance to read any of the post game stuff yet. but I'll do it the moment I get home from work tomorrow!

Ik weet niet wie ik denk dat ik ben. Ik weet niet wie ik zogenaamd in gesprek met. je niet hier, niemand is. Ik ben hier niet, niets is.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 23 2014 02:24 GMT
#2356
Can we get dem qts?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 23 2014 02:45 GMT
#2357
I don't even wanna know.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 23 2014 03:06 GMT
#2358
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/tcbTM2HZxh3k
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/DSQuLjd5BGEZ
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 23 2014 03:28 GMT
#2359
And now I feel less bad about my play slightly considering how wrong a lot of the obs QT was about the game.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 23 2014 03:47 GMT
#2360
Oh I saved the game. lol

yw guys. <3
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM776
TKL 274
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 776
ByuN 344
mouzHeroMarine 312
TKL 274
IndyStarCraft 186
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16009
Calm 2568
Horang2 400
Dewaltoss 176
Mini 145
Rush 84
Zeus 47
EffOrt 36
Free 35
Trap 25
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
febbydoto9
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe46
Counter-Strike
fl0m5263
pashabiceps1572
Fnx 799
edward27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2496
Liquid`Hasu498
Other Games
singsing1743
Liquid`RaSZi1636
Beastyqt857
B2W.Neo355
C9.Mang0298
crisheroes215
dupreeh148
QueenE110
Trikslyr72
UpATreeSC57
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH308
• EnkiAlexander 33
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Michael_bg 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2661
League of Legends
• Nemesis3314
• TFBlade627
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 15m
INu's Battles
16h 15m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 15m
OSC
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.