• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:15
CEST 14:15
KST 21:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13293 users

TL Mafia Polls - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 27 2013 13:34 GMT
#81
Do your database thingies have any capabilities that might help?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 27 2013 13:36 GMT
#82
Well we can compare identical setups or similar setups, but there really aren't enough games, especially if you throw out any with modkills.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 18:47:18
September 03 2013 18:41 GMT
#83
Poll: What is the biggest factor in determining to join a game?

Availiblity; My schedule often prevents me from playing mafia. (9)
 
39%

Setup; I prefer to play setups that are interesting or not too crazy. (7)
 
30%

Size; Large games are just too difficult to keep up with. (4)
 
17%

Players; I enjoy playing with a certain group or I will refuse to play with a certain player. (3)
 
13%

Hosts; I will only join games where the host has a reputation for being experienced and fair. (0)
 
0%

23 total votes

Your vote: What is the biggest factor in determining to join a game?

(Vote): Availiblity; My schedule often prevents me from playing mafia.
(Vote): Size; Large games are just too difficult to keep up with.
(Vote): Setup; I prefer to play setups that are interesting or not too crazy.
(Vote): Hosts; I will only join games where the host has a reputation for being experienced and fair.
(Vote): Players; I enjoy playing with a certain group or I will refuse to play with a certain player.



I went with setup. Availability usually isn't a huge issue for me and I don't recall ever not joining a game based on the host (except maybe Caller). Obviously everyone will have certain people they'd prefer to play with over others, but that hasn't ever impacted my decision to join either. Size kinda goes hand-in-hand with the setup and I do seem to play less mini games, but I don't think that's as big a factor as setup.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 03 2013 19:37 GMT
#84
I honestly don't think I can answer this because I know I would join a Greymist game for host (though that goes hand-in-hand with setup). I know sometimes my schedule prevents me from playing certain games, and I know that sometimes I have played games because people I like are playing in them. Too many factors at any one time to say which is the strongest for me.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
September 03 2013 20:02 GMT
#85
Motivation.

Though there are some hosts you should avoid ~~
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 03 2013 20:10 GMT
#86
All answers negative, I'm positive :D

I would join any of those games for any reason if I had time and many times even if I don't
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
September 03 2013 20:14 GMT
#87
mostly setup, I prefer minis but ill join a themed once in a while
I come in for the scraps
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 03 2013 20:16 GMT
#88
I prefer being mafia. The game just feels so much more exciting and I love trying to pull off crazy shenans lol. It's so hard to get motivation when playing as town.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 03 2013 20:26 GMT
#89
Size & limited availability. I simply cannot keep up with large games and play to the best of my ability because I always have limited availability.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 22:39:17
September 03 2013 22:38 GMT
#90
Depends. I'm usually not free to play in a game these days, so that's probably the biggest factor. There are a few hosts whose games I wouldn't join and there are a few hosts whose games I'll try to join if I have time. I usually prefer playing in minis or themed games and there are certain players who I prefer playing with so I'm more likely to join games that they're playing in.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 09 2013 14:52 GMT
#91
Poll: What is your prefered deadline time?

8 PM EDT to 11 PM EDT (12)
 
50%

4 PM EDT to 7 PM EDT (8)
 
33%

4 AM EDT to 7 AM EDT (2)
 
8%

12 AM EDT to 3 AM EDT (1)
 
4%

8 AM EDT to 11 AM EDT (1)
 
4%

12 PM EDT to 3 PM EDT (0)
 
0%

24 total votes

Your vote: What is your prefered deadline time?

(Vote): 4 PM EDT to 7 PM EDT
(Vote): 8 PM EDT to 11 PM EDT
(Vote): 12 AM EDT to 3 AM EDT
(Vote): 4 AM EDT to 7 AM EDT
(Vote): 8 AM EDT to 11 AM EDT
(Vote): 12 PM EDT to 3 PM EDT



4 PM EDT to 7 PM EDT = 20:00 GMT (+00:00) to 23:00 GMT (+00:00)
8 PM EDT to 11 PM EDT = 00:00 GMT (+00:00) to 03:00 GMT (+00:00)
12 AM EDT to 3 AM EDT = 04:00 GMT (+00:00) to 07:00 GMT (+00:00)
4 AM EDT to 7 AM EDT = 08:00 GMT (+00:00) to 11:00 GMT (+00:00)
8 AM EDT to 11 AM EDT = 12:00 GMT (+00:00) to 15:00 GMT (+00:00)
12 PM EDT to 3 PM EDT = 16:00 GMT (+00:00) to 19:00 GMT (+00:00)
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 09 2013 14:56 GMT
#92
Voted the 2nd option, although realistically the later portion of that option is way too late for me.

1st option is mostly fine too.

Actually not sure why I voted given I'm kinda bang in the middle of the 2.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
September 09 2013 14:57 GMT
#93
Nowadays I don't play because many people seem really foreign to me. I'd play PTP no matter what though, Oracle never forgets.
Time is not that important, but it plays a minor role.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 09 2013 15:32 GMT
#94
4pm to 7pm although an hour later is fine too (that makes it 2 am for me) any later than that sucks balls.
Morning or afternoon deadline is just terrible I think.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 09 2013 18:38 GMT
#95
Write-in vote: Instant
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 09 2013 18:47 GMT
#96
no love for Eastern Timezones????


I HATE ALL Of YOULS SUGYSX.
No gg, No skill.
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
September 10 2013 03:34 GMT
#97
8pm - 11pm EDT all day...I can understand how that would be bothersome for some of our European players.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
September 10 2013 03:39 GMT
#98
8 PM EDT to 11 PM EDT

God bless America
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
September 10 2013 03:45 GMT
#99
On September 10 2013 03:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
no love for Eastern Timezones????


I HATE ALL Of YOULS SUGYSX.

Forgot about you guys too....

Man I've been out of touch with the globe recently....lmao...
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 16 2013 19:42 GMT
#100
Poll: Should directly quoting non-host PMs and quicktopic logs be allowed?

No, but paraphrasing should be allowed (10)
 
59%

No, the conversation should remain seperate from the thread (3)
 
18%

Yes, there should be no restrictions (2)
 
12%

Yes, but time stamps should be excluded (2)
 
12%

17 total votes

Your vote: Should directly quoting non-host PMs and quicktopic logs be allowed?

(Vote): Yes, there should be no restrictions
(Vote): Yes, but time stamps should be excluded
(Vote): No, but paraphrasing should be allowed
(Vote): No, the conversation should remain seperate from the thread



This is a topic that has come up in several recent games, including GoT, Aperture 2, and the upcoming (I hope?) Hydra Mafia. The common policy is to not allow direct quotes, but force players to paraphrase a conversation. Unfortunately, it is difficult to qualify how strict the paraphrase must be and relevant information may be lost in the process based on the wording or flow of the conversation. The question I would have is why would a direct quote be disallowed? If you're coming to a conclusion based on the information in a mason PM, I think you should be allowed to present it to the thread. The counter-point I'm assuming is that it is too difficult to produce fake mason logs, which essentially confirms the role to the thread. In my opinion, this is a challenge the mafia team should attempt to overcome, rather than implementing some type of in-between rule on what is allowed to be shared.

I can understand the decision to disallow posting time-stamps in the case of anonymous quicktopics. Determining ones identity based on their apparent time-zone may be unfair, but it also puts the mason partner in the awkward situation where they have the information available to them, they just aren't allow to explain potential suspicions based on this information.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko295
SHIN 155
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28981
Hyuk 1387
Shuttle 1243
Bisu 1133
Mind 369
Mini 294
Larva 263
firebathero 235
EffOrt 220
Soma 186
[ Show more ]
Last 123
ZerO 106
Leta 96
Hm[arnc] 94
Zeus 77
Hyun 71
Pusan 63
Trap 37
hero 32
Sexy 32
Killer 31
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 29
PianO 28
sorry 28
Aegong 24
yabsab 13
zelot 13
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Dendi1075
qojqva742
Gorgc651
XcaliburYe556
XaKoH 449
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1592
Other Games
gofns39145
singsing2639
B2W.Neo1168
crisheroes324
Happy298
DeMusliM230
Livibee121
Mew2King108
ToD104
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8192
League of Legends
• Jankos1764
Other Games
• WagamamaTV232
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 45m
INu's Battles
23h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.