• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:43
CEST 12:43
KST 19:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8842 users

TL Mafia Polls - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 25 2014 15:35 GMT
#221
On February 25 2014 23:28 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2014 06:43 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
The last time I checked the database, the info on it was quite aged.


Show nested quote +
On February 25 2014 06:45 Balla24 wrote:
Yep, I would use the database but it's all so old.


Show nested quote +
On February 25 2014 17:55 Holyflare wrote:
forever and ever if it wasn't so out of date


lol geeze it was up to date as of January -_-

Although I suppose with the amount of mini games that have been spawning lately, that might be more than a handful of games now XD



This is what the database has for me

+ Show Spoiler [HolyFlare] +
Newbie Mini Mafia XLV Town Vanilla Killed Night 1
Newbie Mini Mafia XLVII Town Cop Endgamed Day 0
Newbie Mini Mafia XLVI Town Vanilla Survived Day 3


This is what it should have:

+ Show Spoiler [HolyFlare] +
Newbie Mini Mafia XLV - Town
Newbie Mini Mafia XLVII - Cop
Newbie Mini Mafia XLVI - Town
World Heavyweight Championship Mafia - Town
Hogwarts Mafia (Themed) - Mafia
Back to the Basics Mini Mafia - Mafia
TL Mafia LXIII: Time to Die - Mafia
II Titanic Mini Mafia - Medic
Really Small Mafia - Town
Vengeful Mini Mafia! - Town
Survivor Series Mafia - Mafia
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 25 2014 16:43 GMT
#222
Hmm that is odd. I remember added up to Titanic II.

Looking around at some other players, it does look like a ton of games are missing. Apparently the records are a lot older than they should be. Perhaps they got lost at one point when we moved things around. I do have a couple backup copies so I guess I'll try to restore them whenever I have the time to make the next set of updates.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 18:42:45
February 25 2014 18:41 GMT
#223
Yeah there is a shitton of games missing. I have total of 21 games there, i have played ~35 or smth.

I think this is the last game there is: Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2
table for two on a tv tray
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 25 2014 18:42 GMT
#224
I'm not even there ^_^
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 03 2014 21:40 GMT
#225
Poll: How important is flavor text for roles and night posts?

Somewhat important. It's nice to have, but I wouldn't mind a night post with only the flip. (10)
 
48%

Not Important. I don't even read it most of the time. (9)
 
43%

Very important. It should be a requirement for all hosts. (2)
 
10%

21 total votes

Your vote: How important is flavor text for roles and night posts?

(Vote): Very important. It should be a requirement for all hosts.
(Vote): Somewhat important. It's nice to have, but I wouldn't mind a night post with only the flip.
(Vote): Not Important. I don't even read it most of the time.

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
March 03 2014 21:46 GMT
#226
I usually don't read them at all till a point in the game where it calms down a bit if i'm somewhat enjoying the flavor. If not then I don't even read it.

If it's a themed game I will probably always read it though cause it's always fun ^_^ especially if the players can also have fun with it and roleplay the flavor etc. Otherwise it's not that important to me.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 03 2014 21:49 GMT
#227
I don't really read them mostly because I don't find them very interesting at times :/

Like, either the flavor is about a TV show, or a film, or a fictional universe I don't know about, or it's some generic stuff about generic mafia stuff ("The Mad Hatter triggered the bomb on the sly Godfather" or whatever), or it's stuff that is just hard to understand lol (either Bluelightz kind of flavor, or just stuff with too much stuff in it that is hard to follow, like weird names and fictional stuff created for the game itself, or whatever).
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 03 2014 21:49 GMT
#228
Funny flavour is really nice to have, serious one isn't really necessary although it does animate people to roleplaying which can also be fun. See game of thrones mafia.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 03 2014 21:54 GMT
#229
Like, I think I'd prefer it if there was a cohesive storyline in the flavor. Like, imagine a "hidden" mafia play, where you get to play it with the flavor? Like, imagine there are 11 players in the game, and 11 characters are introduced in the Day 1 flavor. There are 3 scum in the game, there are 3 scum in the "flavor" world. The deaths and actions in the flavor world follow the ones in the game, but you can still try to figure out the flavor world game!
Like, you have the butler, the woodsman, the princess, and the burglar all in a room. There is 1 scum between them. Who is it? At the same time, you are at a 3v1 MYLO. What if there were subtle links between the "flavor world" and the real game? Like, what if the princess in the flavor world, sort of resembles a certain player in the game? Is the princess that player, and both are town? Or both scum? Or is it just a red herring?

Even if it has no "clues" about the actual game being played, having an engaging sidestory with the flavor would be fun. But...really engaging lol
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 03 2014 21:56 GMT
#230
On March 04 2014 06:54 kitaman27 wrote:
Someone should host a clue game. It feels like it has been years since the last one, though I suppose that is probably due to complaints that the clues are always too easy or too obscure.


Haha weird. I made this post before reading your post gonzaw. Get out of my head!
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 03 2014 22:01 GMT
#231
lol.
You got in my head in the Shadow Game, now I must get into yours!

But yeah, the writing needs to be pretty good to make it a clue game. In UG there were plenty of clue games which....yeah kind of fell flat in that sense I think (although I don't remember them much, they happened before I joined there).

Why don't we just hire Damon Lindelof to write our flavor?
"And the polar bear, was the scum, who traveled back in time to kill the cop, who had a white check on the veteran, who was actually dead"
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2014 03:13 GMT
#232
Without flavor a game is not enjoyable.
I had a good night of sleep.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
March 08 2014 01:24 GMT
#233
Flavor or go home
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 10 2014 18:18 GMT
#234
Poll: Have you ever fell victim to the Mafia Ban List?

No, my record is squeaky clean. (20)
 
83%

Yes, I received a behavioral ban that was well deserved. (2)
 
8%

Yes, I received an activity ban that was well deserved. (1)
 
4%

Yes, but I disagree that my play was ban worthy. (1)
 
4%

24 total votes

Your vote: Have you ever fell victim to the Mafia Ban List?

(Vote): No, my record is squeaky clean.
(Vote): Yes, I received an activity ban that was well deserved.
(Vote): Yes, I received a behavioral ban that was well deserved.
(Vote): Yes, but I disagree that my play was ban worthy.


I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 10 2014 18:19 GMT
#235
Yes. Unfortunately.
table for two on a tv tray
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
March 10 2014 18:21 GMT
#236
I'm expecting exactly two votes on the last category.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 10 2014 18:27 GMT
#237
On a side note, I'm thinking that "fallen victim" is the correct phrase grammatically, but English too hard.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 19 2015 14:45 GMT
#238
After 12 months, I've finally come up with a discussion topic that is important enough to warrant bumping this thread.

When Personality Mafia was brought up in the recent podcast, it reminded me of marv's role:

You are Marvellosity, TL's finest erotic flavor text writer! Once per night, you may submit to the host a message that will be sent to target player. If it contains a piece of erotic flavor text, they will be so creeped out, that they won't leave their house at night and be roleblocked.


After Holyflare's strong performance in XXX, we have a challenger to this prestigious position. I have included excerpts below for you to decide who deserves the title more!

Poll: Who is TL's finest erotic flavor text writer?

Holyflare (5)
 
71%

marvellosity (2)
 
29%

7 total votes

Your vote: Who is TL's finest erotic flavor text writer?

(Vote): marvellosity
(Vote): Holyflare



On September 26 2012 09:19 marvellosity wrote:
Endgame

[image loading]
Do you know what I am saying?


So, it had come to this. It turns out that whores aren't very good at finding and killing pimps, and really they should just stick to sex and bitching. Especially the sex. Hot steamy sex with each other too. Mmmmmm, sex, oh yeah baby. That's the way to do it. Right there.

Anyway, I digress.

Almost everyone in the Brothel de Liquidia, or at least the ones who could be arsed to get out of their skanky beds, had decided that Professor Chaos was the hidden pimp in their mist.

Professor Chaos was desperately trying to convince all the whores that he was, in fact, one of them.

"I put on my robe and wizard hat," he started.

This didn't seem to have much of an effect.

"I cast level 3 eroticism," he continued.

Unfortunately, this seemed to only seal his fate. All the whores advanced on him with their whorish weapons.

"I am not a pimp!" Professor Chaos screamed. "Palman del Gaga is! Do you know what I am saying?!"

But they did not know what he was saying, and stabbed him in the face repeatedly. Dark, black blood seeped out of his eyes.

From behind Fuerto Mano came a snigger. She turned around in shock, to find Fuba di Homo holding a gun to her head.

"You foolish whores," he said. "You will always be under our control!" And with that, Fuba di Homo shot Fuerto Mano in an extremely pimpilicious fashion.



On March 10 2015 07:01 Holyflare wrote:
[image loading]
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 19 2015 16:59 GMT
#239
The important point to note is that we're both British.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
April 19 2015 17:04 GMT
#240
Hey look I'm part of the flavor.
Retired.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko160
SpeCial 63
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17374
firebathero 2268
Bisu 860
Hyuk 627
Horang2 454
Larva 226
BeSt 216
Light 153
Mini 150
EffOrt 141
[ Show more ]
Soma 106
Leta 95
Rush 85
Barracks 79
Killer 63
Pusan 62
ZerO 62
ToSsGirL 49
Yoon 48
Mong 41
Sharp 40
Sexy 32
Shinee 30
Aegong 29
Mind 28
NaDa 24
Bale 19
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 17
JulyZerg 16
sorry 15
zelot 12
Noble 11
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
XaKoH 271
Fuzer 183
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss901
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor984
crisheroes947
Other Games
gofns32821
singsing1810
olofmeister1468
B2W.Neo178
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS39
Livibee15
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH88
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 17m
OSC
11h 17m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 17m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.