• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:20
CEST 05:20
KST 12:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7992 users

TL Mafia Polls - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 18 2014 15:08 GMT
#201
Interesting poll and wording, because there's a distinction between how you view yourself and how others view you.

e.g. "I'm content with being considered among the top group of players" - clearly viewed by other people
"I want to be the very best, like no one ever was" - could be viewed by self

I understand the question basically says by other people, but that kinda narrows down the options in a somewhat artificial way
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 18 2014 15:09 GMT
#202
On February 19 2014 00:08 marvellosity wrote:
Interesting poll and wording, because there's a distinction between how you view yourself and how others view you.

e.g. "I'm content with being considered among the top group of players" - clearly viewed by other people
"I want to be the very best, like no one ever was" - could be viewed by self

I understand the question basically says by other people, but that kinda narrows down the options in a somewhat artificial way


I WANTED THE POKEMON REFERENCE. DEAL WITH IT.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 18 2014 15:13 GMT
#203
Thing is, right, praise from other people is always nice, that's natural.

But if I could ever say to myself "I'm a stronger townie than syllo" with conviction then I'd feel I'd pretty much achieved everything I wanted to, and that's very little to do with other people. Just a general level of excellence that it would be awesome to reach.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
February 18 2014 16:20 GMT
#204
i wanna be the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 18 2014 18:28 GMT
#205
Obviously i want to be the best but the question is "How important is it to you to be considered the best mafia player" so my answer is i don't care.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
February 18 2014 19:04 GMT
#206
TO CATCH MAFIA IS MY TRUE TEST

TO TRAIN NUBS IS MY CAUUUUUUUUUSE

In all seriousness, as long as I'm finding mafia regularly, I don't care much for where I am on the "skill list" of mafia players.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 18 2014 20:18 GMT
#207
Just gotta improve.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 18 2014 21:14 GMT
#208
I only care about being be best host can we have that as a poll?
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
February 18 2014 22:10 GMT
#209
I care about making the best roles in PTP.

That is my mission in life. I'll write a book on PTP role making if I have to.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
February 18 2014 22:47 GMT
#210
I only care about being the greatest lurker in the game and seeing others talk about me as much as possible
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
February 19 2014 00:03 GMT
#211
I only care about don't care

And teh cracks of wisdom
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 24 2014 21:41 GMT
#212
Poll: Do you use the TL Mafia Database when playing mafia?

Yes, I use the player history and filter links all the time (7)
 
47%

Sometimes, although usually I just use the TL search function (4)
 
27%

Rarely, although I don't spend much time looking at past games (3)
 
20%

Huh? (1)
 
7%

15 total votes

Your vote: Do you use the TL Mafia Database when playing mafia?

(Vote): Yes, I use the player history and filter links all the time
(Vote): Sometimes, although usually I just use the TL search function
(Vote): Rarely, although I don't spend much time looking at past games
(Vote): Huh?



I'll probably try to keep it updated regardless of the poll results since the statistics are fun, but I was curious how much this actually gets used by others.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 24 2014 21:43 GMT
#213
None of those answers really fit me. I do use meta but I usually just go to the players' profile/search function and check it from there. The last time I checked the database, the info on it was quite aged.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 24 2014 21:45 GMT
#214
yes, as more time goes by the less I use the database, simply because most recent games are the most useful and they aren't contained within.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 24 2014 21:45 GMT
#215
Yep, I would use the database but it's all so old. So I usually use the search function for this forum.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 24 2014 21:48 GMT
#216
All the time.
table for two on a tv tray
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 25 2014 08:55 GMT
#217
forever and ever if it wasn't so out of date more people should update their profiles if they play regularly though! so much easier!
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 09:46:58
February 25 2014 09:45 GMT
#218
On February 19 2014 00:02 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 02:31 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
"Superior" implies it's actually good...


Neo must have gotten to him ^^

Poll: How important is it to you to be considered the best mafia player?

I don't care about other's opinions of my abilities (7)
 
28%

I'm content with being considered among the top group of players (6)
 
24%

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was (5)
 
20%

I'm happy as long as I'm improving every game (4)
 
16%

I wish this was the case, but I know it isn't a realisitic goal (3)
 
12%

25 total votes

Your vote: How important is it to you to be considered the best mafia player?

(Vote): I want to be the very best, like no one ever was
(Vote): I'm content with being considered among the top group of players
(Vote): I'm happy as long as I'm improving every game
(Vote): I wish this was the case, but I know it isn't a realisitic goal
(Vote): I don't care about other's opinions of my abilities



Might comment on this for my 6k blog. Interested to see what others think.

WoooW so hard to pick one.

EDIT: I can pick them all.
EDIT: Except the last.
EDIT: and the first tbh.
I had a good night of sleep.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 25 2014 14:28 GMT
#219
On February 25 2014 06:43 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
The last time I checked the database, the info on it was quite aged.


On February 25 2014 06:45 Balla24 wrote:
Yep, I would use the database but it's all so old.


On February 25 2014 17:55 Holyflare wrote:
forever and ever if it wasn't so out of date


lol geeze it was up to date as of January -_-

Although I suppose with the amount of mini games that have been spawning lately, that might be more than a handful of games now XD
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 25 2014 15:19 GMT
#220
Was it up to date?
I feel like last time I checked it was missing like half my games.
I'll check latar.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 184
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2259
Shuttle 1469
Artosis 541
Bale 51
NaDa 32
Dewaltoss 31
Noble 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm157
League of Legends
JimRising 650
Counter-Strike
taco 432
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox622
Mew2King88
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor909
Other Games
summit1g9995
C9.Mang0330
PiGStarcraft317
ViBE60
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP164
• Hupsaiya 124
• davetesta13
• Letter144
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo668
Other Games
• Scarra1025
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 40m
OSC
18h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.