• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:33
CEST 07:33
KST 14:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8303 users

TL Mafia Polls - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 25 2013 15:01 GMT
#161
I loved the setup of Tunnel Rats (#2), we can clone that one and redo it unless we want to mix it up a bit?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
raynpelikonoshi
Profile Joined October 2013
Cayman Islands1087 Posts
October 25 2013 15:42 GMT
#162
On October 26 2013 00:01 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
I loved the setup of Tunnel Rats (#2), we can clone that one and redo it unless we want to mix it up a bit?

Unless i am mistaken the setup has been same (9 players) both times? :p
Agreed that's probably the best number of players regarding balance.
Koshi & raynpelikoneet hydra
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
October 25 2013 16:01 GMT
#163
A friend of mine told me I'd probably enjoy resistance a lot. I'd be in, probably
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 25 2013 16:12 GMT
#164
wtf. you have friends that aren't me?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 16:18:52
October 25 2013 16:15 GMT
#165
He's a D&D friend irl. I subscribe to many different aspects of nerdery

Edit: looking at the previous resistance games, are they three weeks of no one dying, with less than 50 pages total? How? XD
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 25 2013 16:38 GMT
#166
On October 26 2013 00:42 raynpelikonoshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2013 00:01 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
I loved the setup of Tunnel Rats (#2), we can clone that one and redo it unless we want to mix it up a bit?

Unless i am mistaken the setup has been same (9 players) both times? :p
Agreed that's probably the best number of players regarding balance.

If they were, then yeah.

I've never checked the first one, I just remember the second one from personal experience, and although town won by a landslide it was still tightly won
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 25 2013 16:40 GMT
#167
Someone setup a Resistance game and let's play asap!
table for two on a tv tray
Dirkzor
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark1944 Posts
October 25 2013 19:10 GMT
#168
Resistance #2 was so much fun. I would like to play another... But VE canceled his =(
"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ON TOP AGAIN???? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS????" -Julmust (also, thats what she said)
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 25 2013 19:16 GMT
#169
On October 26 2013 01:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Someone setup a Resistance game and let's play asap!


I'll do it, but the [M][T] queue is backed up more than my toilet after taco night
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 04 2013 15:52 GMT
#170
Poll: What is your opinion on players with a high post-count playstyle?

I'm capable of following the thread if it's within reason (<100 posts/5 filter pages per cycle) (8)
 
36%

I'm fine with it as long as they don't go overboard (<200 posts/10 filter pages per cycle) (7)
 
32%

I simply can't keep up and prefer a post count restriction (<50 posts/3 filter pages per cycle) (4)
 
18%

I have no issue with players making an unlimited number of posts (3)
 
14%

22 total votes

Your vote: What is your opinion on players with a high post-count playstyle?

(Vote): I have no issue with players making an unlimited number of posts
(Vote): I'm fine with it as long as they don't go overboard (<200 posts/10 filter pages per cycle)
(Vote): I'm capable of following the thread if it's within reason (<100 posts/5 filter pages per cycle)
(Vote): I simply can't keep up and prefer a post count restriction (<50 posts/3 filter pages per cycle)



New poll time! I don't recall ever seeing a a follow-up poll for Sicilian, so here you go. This is clearly not a reference to any individual player or ongoing games. In no way was this inspired by a certain player's 350 post/18 page day one display.

On one hand, I can see the merits of making an extreme number of posts. As town, it allows you to carry out a more natural conversation and pick up on information that you wouldn't have otherwise. As mafia, it can overwhelm anyone attempting to develop a read on you by sheer filter size. I have no doubt that individuals who use this play style are successful and it would be potentially unfair to tell them that they need to change the way that they play.

On the other hand, it makes the thread much more difficult to follow. The majority of people have a limited amount of time they are able to spend on a game each day and if you are required to read a large amount of content each cycle, it is likely cutting into the amount of time you have to scumhunt as town or push an agenda as mafia. I've heard from multiple people who have said that they are discouraged from joining a game due to the size of a thread.

In the past, we would commonly have large games that didn't reach 100 pages and now we commonly have large games that reach 100 pages by day one. I'm not going to make a judgement to which were necessarily better or worse, but they are definitely a different experience.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 04 2013 19:37 GMT
#171
More than 5 pages per cycle is a death sentence for me. It's probably my number one turn-off in a game of mafia, and probably the number one reason I'm not intending to play until I can find a game where Day 1 is contained exclusively within spring break.

I'm actually a little sad I missed Sicilian, I would have loved a game with postcount restriction.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 16 2013 16:11 GMT
#172
Poll: Should behavioral modkills be enfoced at the expense of game balance?

Yes, it should be clear that certain behaviors are unacceptable even if their death ruins the game (19)
 
76%

Yes, but only in extreme cases where a player is totally out of line (5)
 
20%

No, behavioral modkills are dumb and people need to learn be less offended (1)
 
4%

No, people should put up with it for the sake of the game and players should be punished postgame (0)
 
0%

25 total votes

Your vote: Should behavioral modkills be enfoced at the expense of game balance?

(Vote): Yes, it should be clear that certain behaviors are unacceptable even if their death ruins the game
(Vote): Yes, but only in extreme cases where a player is totally out of line
(Vote): No, people should put up with it for the sake of the game and players should be punished postgame
(Vote): No, behavioral modkills are dumb and people need to learn be less offended



Suppose a game has been going on for a couple weeks and multiple people start posting personal attacks, despite already being warned in the thread the previous day. It's unclear how offended people are by these attacks as it's pretty common from these players. Modkilling these players will totally ruin the game and result in a win for a faction that didn't necessarily deserve it. How should this be handled?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
December 16 2013 16:31 GMT
#173
Shut down everything, game ends up in a draw. Then it is time for a trial.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 16 2013 17:09 GMT
#174
Were you inspired by Titanic?

I'll post my comments on this after the game ends.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-16 17:28:53
December 16 2013 17:26 GMT
#175
The problem here is the same I stated elsewhere---you're not taking into account host bias in that most hosts have their own agenda in not wanting their game to be ruined. If it were a game I wasn't hosting I'd be 100% for maximum punishment but then that ruins the entirety of a host's hard work.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there needs to be a rules overhaul or at the very least a 'reimagining' in that some very specific guidelines/rules need to be laid out as to what is acceptable and what is not, both in terms of the player behaviour problem, as well as the lurker/playing against one's wincon problem.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 16 2013 18:03 GMT
#176
On December 17 2013 02:09 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Were you inspired by Titanic?

I'll post my comments on this after the game ends.


Heh no, I hadn't actually been following that one. Guess it could be inspired by most games
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 16 2013 18:31 GMT
#177
WoS is spot on. I hate modkilling someone in a game I've spent more than a hundred hours designing, testing, iterating, etc. I will still do it, but you'll get a lifetime ban from my games (which can be appealed - to me) in addition to your TLMafia punishment. Some players have consistently poor behavior. While that is ultimately on them, mods who are more active in the community than myself should have a good idea of problem players, and should exclude them from their games, or put them into roles that don't have balance importance (remember, I advocate RNG-then-fix instead of straight RNG). I've turned players down until they've gotten character references before. You owe it to your players and yourself to make the game enjoyable for all, and players with repeated behavior issues, even if they didn't get official warnings, can and should be dealt with.

I also think that games have gotten a little long (100pages D1 is too much, 40-50 is fine), but that is not a hosting problem so I don't really care too much as long as the players are fine with it.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
December 16 2013 18:43 GMT
#178
I voted that they should be modkilled even if it ruins the game. It is unfortunate that it would possibly ruin the hard work of the hosts and the players who are making an effort but I think we should be looking at what is best for the long term health of the TL mafia community. Ruining a couple games will hurt us in the short term but fostering an environment where people are friendly and enjoy playing together will keep players playing over the long run.

I am in agreement with WoS that there should be a more clear set of rules regarding behavior and playing against win con. Perhaps we could form a small committee of people that everyone respects and they could form some clear guidelines. Then if there were a behavior issue in a game the people on the committee could talk to the hosts and help determine whether a modkill would be appropriate. Which would hopefully get around some of the host bias towards not modkilling to preserve their game.

Another suggestion would be, if a game was completely ruined by modkills maybe we could have a rule in place where the hosts would have the option of cutting in line for the que and hosting the game again shortly after (maybe with a few modifications to keep the game appealing). Which would suck a bit for the people waiting in line but would prevent hosts from investing a huge amount of time in a game just to have it be for nothing.
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
December 16 2013 19:01 GMT
#179
On December 17 2013 03:31 iGrok wrote:
WoS is spot on. I hate modkilling someone in a game I've spent more than a hundred hours designing, testing, iterating, etc. I will still do it, but you'll get a lifetime ban from my games (which can be appealed - to me) in addition to your TLMafia punishment. Some players have consistently poor behavior. While that is ultimately on them, mods who are more active in the community than myself should have a good idea of problem players, and should exclude them from their games, or put them into roles that don't have balance importance (remember, I advocate RNG-then-fix instead of straight RNG). I've turned players down until they've gotten character references before. You owe it to your players and yourself to make the game enjoyable for all, and players with repeated behavior issues, even if they didn't get official warnings, can and should be dealt with.

I also think that games have gotten a little long (100pages D1 is too much, 40-50 is fine), but that is not a hosting problem so I don't really care too much as long as the players are fine with it.

Your solution is only partway elegant in that it solves the problem for you (and may run into your games eventually taking longer to fill in the future, but meh) but does nothing for TL Mafia as a whole.

As far as Mig's reply, those are some good ideas but I'm not sure that the effort required for either of the solutions will be kept up for long. First of all, I would love to host PYP: LoL mafia again, (and I can, given that more than half the roles weren't used with some slight adjustments) but I won't, first of all because I know that due to the bad taste it has left in many people's mouths they will not want to play (nor I host it, really) and second of all because it is doubtful the interest will really be there.
With a committee to decide on modkills that requires people to serve (and have extra responsibility, something which many people are not capable of for time reasons or otherwise), requires people to be prompt upon reaching such decisions which amy or may not need to happen often, and will require that such an effort be kept up consistently for quite a while which just doesn't seem likely.

I am in agreement with parts of both of your posts: there are players I let into my game which I knew right away I shouldn't have (players that I wouldn't or don't enjoy playing with myself). If I had to do so again I would be much more strict in that regard---I mentioned earlier somewhere that I could probably make a mental list of the players currently on TL mafia that I am absolutely certain would not in anyway ruin a game or create an unenjoyable experience. As for the health of TL Mafia and the future of it, that absolutely does need to be considered going forward and I will admit to have being a little bit selfish in my moderation (as it was my first time and I spent a VERY long time on the setup)---this kind of thing is easily curbed by more stringent and forward-thinking rules.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 16 2013 19:07 GMT
#180
Mig needs to retake his role as assistant ban list moderator and lead the reform against the apathetic tyranny of GMarshal who continues to enable this behavior with his merciful ways!
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2012
Shuttle 943
Dewaltoss 85
Hm[arnc] 41
Bale 25
Noble 23
ZergMaN 15
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor680
Other Games
summit1g8437
C9.Mang0316
PiGStarcraft306
Mew2King154
RuFF_SC272
ViBE64
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2312
League of Legends
• Rush1085
• Lourlo967
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 27m
OSC
16h 27m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.