• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:19
CEST 11:19
KST 18:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9405 users

TL Mafia Polls - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 06 2013 15:20 GMT
#41
Rolecop cuz I like roles.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 13 2013 13:58 GMT
#42
Poll: What is your prefered lynch type?

Plurality (18)
 
56%

Instant Majority (9)
 
28%

Majority (5)
 
16%

Kingmaker (0)
 
0%

32 total votes

Your vote: What is your prefered lynch type?

(Vote): Plurality
(Vote): Majority
(Vote): Instant Majority
(Vote): Kingmaker



Since this was a recent topic in the Active Games Thread, lets see what method the majority (I'm so funny) of people prefer.

I like plurality since I feel there are more options available later in the cycle. People complain that it only takes a couple votes to get a player lynched in plurality, but that's more dependent on the town than anything. Plus, last minute switches are easier, which are always fun.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 14:05:21
August 13 2013 14:03 GMT
#43
I love and miss instant majority. There is nothing more satisfying than dropping a good hammer.
Also what the shit is kingmaker again?
Also kita.
That other thread.
ANSWERS PLIX

Edit: Oh you did.
Flerp.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 13 2013 14:05 GMT
#44
Kingmaker is where you essentially elect a mayor each cycle to decide the lynch.

I've already updated the other thread -_-
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 13 2013 14:20 GMT
#45
Voted for Plurality.
Majority / instant majority would be cool but it's really hard to consolidate on a lynch when (usually in games i have played) people act retardedly and don't understand what should they do.

Kingmaker is probably really cool. Would be my second pick for sure. :D
table for two on a tv tray
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
August 13 2013 14:21 GMT
#46
I agree with WoS even though I haven't played one.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
August 13 2013 20:27 GMT
#47
Instant majority! Woo!
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 13 2013 21:47 GMT
#48
I would love to play in a kingmaker game sometime. Not just a mayoral election d1 but a gamelong kingmaker voting system.

I voted plurality thought because fuck majority games. (bitter)
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 19 2013 17:38 GMT
#49
Poll: How important is game balance to you?

Very important. I prefer that the game has gone through dry runs and is reviewed by multiple people (14)
 
56%

Somewhat important. 70/30 balance is acceptable if the setup is interesting or everyone gets a role (9)
 
36%

Extremely important. I will only play setups that are proven to be balanced over a large sample size (1)
 
4%

Irrelevant. I'd join a game that was completely broken as long as it was entertaining. (1)
 
4%

25 total votes

Your vote: How important is game balance to you?

(Vote): Extremely important. I will only play setups that are proven to be balanced over a large sample size
(Vote): Very important. I prefer that the game has gone through dry runs and is reviewed by multiple people
(Vote): Somewhat important. 70/30 balance is acceptable if the setup is interesting or everyone gets a role
(Vote): Irrelevant. I'd join a game that was completely broken as long as it was entertaining.



I went with very important, although it is pretty rare that I've prevented myself from joining a game due to balance concerns so somewhat important might be a bit more accurate. Even if the setup makes for an entertaining game, I'm going to be pretty frustrated if I'm putting in 1-2 hours every day for two weeks into a game that I never really had a fair chance of winning. I didn't go with extremely important because these setups are generally very vanilla or uninteresting.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 17:59:06
August 19 2013 17:52 GMT
#50
Yeah I don't expect many people to not vote for very important.
Extremely important is overkill but anything less than that just worsens the experience. If halfway through the game you feel screwed because of the setup, something has gone pretty wrong.

edit: I mean, I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but I don't see the appeal in playing in a game in which I feel I have no control over the outcome
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
August 19 2013 18:01 GMT
#51
70/30 is a bit extreme but I could handle 60/40 so I went with it anyway. As long as you make the setup player skill based and don't have any stupid follow the cop or whatever that just kills games then it's fine
I come in for the scraps
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 19 2013 18:11 GMT
#52
On August 20 2013 02:52 Clarity_nl wrote:
Yeah I don't expect many people to not vote for very important.


Perhaps, but I'd argue that 9 of out of the last 13 large theme game setups would fit closer to somewhat important than very important and there are very few complaints at the end of most of them. For example, nothing against deconduo and his PTP games as they are always fun and I've joined everyone one and I could be wrong about this, but I think it's pretty unlikely that he spent 5+ hours running through multiple test games to try to achieve a 55/45 or better balance. It's probably more likely that he tweaked a few roles to make everything comparatively equal, eliminated any obvious role interactions, and then adjusted the kp values based on the roles and number of players. As the setup becomes more complex, it becomes somewhat expected that hosts will let things play out in favor of more freedom to stretch the bounds of a role.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 19 2013 18:24 GMT
#53
Yeah themed games definitely should get a bit more leeway. I'm /in aperture 2 part 2, for example.
Do I expect the setup (of which I know nothing) to come close to 50/50 or even 40/60 if it's played a 1000 times? Nah.
But balance is very subjective and vague in a game like mafia to begin with. What I do expect of a themed game though is nothing that breaks the game and nothing that can be abused, and the numbers make sense balance wise. (e.g.: scum can't win n3 if town lynched 1 scum is a nice benchmark that I just pulled outta my ass but makes sense out loud)

The question envelops all games though, not just themed, which is why I'm leaning more in the direction of very important.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 19 2013 18:26 GMT
#54
somewhat important.

basically, as long as it's not as bad as paranoia, I'm fine.

+ Show Spoiler +
fuck paranoia
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-19 18:40:50
August 19 2013 18:36 GMT
#55
I haven't read paranoia, just read the setup spreadsheet though.
Doesn't seem that bad, what happened?

One confirmed town masonpair and one non-confirmed town masonpair.

edit: I do remember that game actually, wasn't following it much but had the obs qt and BH made a case against his own mason partner LOL
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 19 2013 22:19 GMT
#56
All my games are balanced

Ok maybe not Death Factory Mafia
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 19 2013 22:42 GMT
#57
On August 20 2013 03:36 Clarity_nl wrote:
I haven't read paranoia, just read the setup spreadsheet though.
Doesn't seem that bad, what happened?

One confirmed town masonpair and one non-confirmed town masonpair.

edit: I do remember that game actually, wasn't following it much but had the obs qt and BH made a case against his own mason partner LOL

town had a bazillion PRs against all goons?

almost everyone even claimed d1, but it didn't even matter cuz lolgoons
A backwards poet writes inverse.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 20 2013 00:14 GMT
#58
Somewhat important---it really depends on the game.
For a themed game I don't expect much in terms of balance honestly---you're playing for the flavour and the fun, not the balance imo. I can honestly say I wouldn't care if Aperture was 90/10 so long as it ends up being a lot of fun. For normals and minis my expectations are a little higher assuming regular roles.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 20 2013 00:16 GMT
#59
no themes have to be balanced also. Flavour isnt an excuse for bastard modding.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 20 2013 00:26 GMT
#60
On August 20 2013 09:16 Ace wrote:
no themes have to be balanced also. Flavour isnt an excuse for bastard modding.

There's a difference between flavour and crazy roles and stuff imo.
Yes ideally themed games should be balanced or at least an attempt should be made, but it is not as imperative to me as the fun of a themed game for me is primarily in the roles and the gameplay.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1653
Hyuk 390
Bisu 388
Dewaltoss 88
Larva 83
Killer 80
Leta 76
Sexy 65
EffOrt 60
ZerO 55
[ Show more ]
Soma 49
ToSsGirL 42
soO 40
Sharp 35
Aegong 33
Light 31
Bale 22
NaDa 18
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 15
JulyZerg 10
sorry 6
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 130
League of Legends
JimRising 410
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss823
byalli722
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor959
crisheroes431
Other Games
gofns28077
summit1g7843
singsing1679
olofmeister968
ceh9636
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2382
League of Legends
• Stunt400
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 41m
OSC
12h 41m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.