• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:44
CEST 01:44
KST 08:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9164 users

TL Mafia Polls - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
July 30 2013 13:01 GMT
#21
On July 30 2013 21:49 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2013 13:54 Ace wrote:
Next poll should talk about "vet armor" and the trash players that allow that shit to continue


Ace just mad vet armor doesn't apply to him.

Page 2 snipe

No such thing as vet armor unless you mean 1 shot BP maybe a poll for your favorite town power role and later mafia power role?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
July 30 2013 14:36 GMT
#22
On July 30 2013 21:49 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2013 13:54 Ace wrote:
Next poll should talk about "vet armor" and the trash players that allow that shit to continue


Ace just mad vet armor doesn't apply to him.

except it totally does.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
July 30 2013 14:47 GMT
#23
Town all day erryday, I cannot into scum
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 05 2013 13:45 GMT
#24
New Poll Time!

Poll: What is your favorite investigative role?

Parity Cop (10)
 
30%

Watcher (8)
 
24%

Detective (7)
 
21%

Role Cop (4)
 
12%

Tracker (4)
 
12%

33 total votes

Your vote: What is your favorite investigative role?

(Vote): Detective
(Vote): Parity Cop
(Vote): Role Cop
(Vote): Tracker
(Vote): Watcher



I'm not a huge detective fan since I prefer some degree of ambiguity with an investigative role. Framers and millers usually seem to punish a bad check with a mislynch, rather than force the detective to consider an invalid check. Modifying the sanity probably works better to solve this issue, but that has some problems of its own.

Parity cops have been really popular lately. I like that the usefulness of the checks are delayed, but the double target version of the role that we've been seeing is quite powerful. The single target version of the role provides less options, but it a lot easier to balance around.

Role cops are interesting when the role doesn't correlate with alignment and they are great with dealing with fake claims, but I prefer to see them on the mafia side of things.

I'm a bit biased against trackers due to Insane Mafia where I was told my tracker role was called a watcher and I didn't know better. They're great to fake claim and incriminate annoying serial killers though

Watchers are my favorite of the investigative roles since they serve as a deterrent to shoot priority targets and selecting who to target is a bit more interesting. Plus, they come with great stories if the watcher happens to be a crime fighting superhero.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 05 2013 14:11 GMT
#25
Havent played any of these in my 5 games except tracker as scum...
Try TL Mafia!!!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 05 2013 14:17 GMT
#26
On August 05 2013 22:45 kitaman27 wrote:

Watchers are my favorite of the investigative roles since they serve as a deterrent to shoot priority targets and selecting who to target is a bit more interesting. Plus, they come with great stories if the watcher happens to be a crime fighting superhero.


Agreed, and voted accordingly xD
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 05 2013 15:15 GMT
#27
I haven't played many of them but I'm guessing I would prefer watcher most.

Gimme vigi every game and I'll be happy though.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 05 2013 15:28 GMT
#28
Definitely Watcher. I am usually pretty good at making educated guesses about who'll die.
table for two on a tv tray
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-05 15:56:00
August 05 2013 15:54 GMT
#29
personally, watchers are far too strong and should never be present outside of themed games or games where mafia has ways to disguise their kp usage.

I usually prefer cops with sanity or parity cops that target a single person each night.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
August 05 2013 16:07 GMT
#30
On August 05 2013 23:11 Onegu wrote:
Havent played any of these in my 5 games except tracker as scum...

Voted tracker
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
August 05 2013 23:05 GMT
#31
I like tracker but with a caveat. If its a town tracker I would hope the mafia KP is observable ( not factional) even if it means it still couldn't be roleblocked.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
August 06 2013 01:08 GMT
#32
Tracker is my favorite in a game that uses it correctly. (Having a certain person on the team that delivers the kill)

it is also more ambiguous then cop and creates more #bigplays since scum can fake claim other power roles and stuff instead of just being like, you're scum, no im miller blah blah blah.
I come in for the scraps
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
August 06 2013 04:00 GMT
#33
I was tracker once, and scum framed my (town) target so I saw him visit the dead guy and I misslynched him D2 and town lost...

...so yeah Parity Cop please (never got it though)


Tracker also sucks because you have like 60% chance to target a VT and get squat, maybe every single night.
Works best in themed games with lots of visits and shit.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-06 06:38:52
August 06 2013 06:35 GMT
#34
On August 06 2013 13:00 gonzaw wrote:
I was tracker once, and scum framed my (town) target so I saw him visit the dead guy and I misslynched him D2 and town lost...

...so yeah Parity Cop please (never got it though)


Tracker also sucks because you have like 60% chance to target a VT and get squat, maybe every single night.
Works best in themed games with lots of visits and shit.

Was effective NMM xliii

Pure luck though, it told me nothing

Until

"Yo dawg
I heard you liked tracking
So I made another tracker
So you could track someone
who was tracking"
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 06 2013 10:38 GMT
#35
Try TL Mafia!!!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 06 2013 11:10 GMT
#36
On August 06 2013 08:05 ObviousOne wrote:
I like tracker but with a caveat. If its a town tracker I would hope the mafia KP is observable ( not factional) even if it means it still couldn't be roleblocked.


I don't think tracker would ever be in a game where KP was delivered factionally
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
August 06 2013 14:34 GMT
#37
On August 06 2013 20:10 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 08:05 ObviousOne wrote:
I like tracker but with a caveat. If its a town tracker I would hope the mafia KP is observable ( not factional) even if it means it still couldn't be roleblocked.


I don't think tracker would ever be in a game where KP was delivered factionally

You would hope so, right?!

Also, remember that time I claimed watcher when I was a Voyeur? Awkward.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 06 2013 14:39 GMT
#38
On August 06 2013 23:34 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:10 marvellosity wrote:
On August 06 2013 08:05 ObviousOne wrote:
I like tracker but with a caveat. If its a town tracker I would hope the mafia KP is observable ( not factional) even if it means it still couldn't be roleblocked.


I don't think tracker would ever be in a game where KP was delivered factionally

You would hope so, right?!

Also, remember that time I claimed watcher when I was a Voyeur? Awkward.


I've no idea what you're talking about and now I can only think about sex. Curses.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 06 2013 14:56 GMT
#39
On August 06 2013 23:34 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:10 marvellosity wrote:
On August 06 2013 08:05 ObviousOne wrote:
I like tracker but with a caveat. If its a town tracker I would hope the mafia KP is observable ( not factional) even if it means it still couldn't be roleblocked.


I don't think tracker would ever be in a game where KP was delivered factionally

You would hope so, right?!

Also, remember that time I claimed watcher when I was a Voyeur? Awkward.

reading role pm es hard
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
August 06 2013 14:58 GMT
#40
Parity Cops are fun, and as cool as Trackers and Watchers are - my mind still hasn't fully grasped their awesomeness yet In fact, this poll makes me sad that I've never been blue before T_T
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox384
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5262
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 804
shahzam539
JimRising 418
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe212
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie763
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 16m
Online Event
11h 16m
FEL
16h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.