• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:00
CEST 23:00
KST 06:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8717 users

[S3 Worlds] Finals - Page 6

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 134 Next
XaCez
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden6991 Posts
September 29 2013 19:29 GMT
#101
Poll: Is [Player] overrated?

Yes. (37)
 
100%

37 total votes

Your vote: Is [Player] overrated?

(Vote): Yes.

People get too easily offended by people getting too easily offended by the word rape.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-29 19:45:34
September 29 2013 19:30 GMT
#102
On September 30 2013 01:54 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2013 01:46 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On September 30 2013 01:42 NeoIllusions wrote:
On September 30 2013 01:40 KissBlade wrote:
On September 30 2013 01:35 NeoIllusions wrote:
On September 30 2013 01:24 overt wrote:
On September 30 2013 01:02 KissBlade wrote:
Royal needs to play the way they did against OMG to even stand a chance.

And mid actually lost lane all four games regardless of the matchup. Game 2 made especially no sense because xpeke came into lane with an extra dorans + flask + pots + 1 ward and yet still managed to be behind 40 cs by ten minutes as ahri vs Ori.


Whites isn't even top 3 mids in China either. Wish we could've seen OMG play Gambit. As it stands EU mids could be over hyped, xPeke could be over hyped, or else xPeke choked really hard.

Also people are massively underestimating Royal just like they did in Quarters and Semis. Finals will be close imo.

Having watched xPeke over the past two years, I think the hype is warranted. That said, he choked hard against Wh1t3zZ. Compare his performance against Hai or during the EU LCS. He played levels below what is expected of him at the Semis. I don't think it was nerves either, just poor adaptation to Royal's playstyle.

Yango also mentioned this and I definitely agree, Royal did a much better job researching Fnatic than vice versa. From drafting to lane selection.


I thought there's something to be said about the fact that he was generally matched up against weaker laners so ended up looking better as a byproduct.

He can consistently stand up to Alex Ich and Bjergsen, who are the strongest players for those respective teams.
I don't see how anyone can say xPeke's a bad laner. What's the metric here? Faker?


EU mids are categorically overrated TBH. When people started floating the "Korea has the best tops" thing, people felt the need to "balance" it by saying stuff like "EU has the best mids" and "NA has strong ADCS" (back before people realized, you know, China) and this myth persisted. EU mids are far from the best imo.

Personally I'd rank Korean and Chinese mids both far above EU mids, both at the very top and the "average" laner. Maybe xPeke did underperform, but if EU really had the "best mids," the underperforming top laner shouldn't be getting completely wrecked in lane against an average mid laner from another region ~_~

haha, I never actually thought about it like but I think you're on to something. NA had Doublelift and miraculously, our ADC were international caliber? idk. I actually think Support is our (NA) best role now.

Mid might be EU's best role but I don't think they are head and shoulders above KR/CN's best Mids.


After seeing how Xpecial, LemonNation, and Bloodwater did in the Worlds, I disagree. I think it's maybe sort of possible that some AD players from NA might be able to compete at the worlds, but I can tell you, these NA supports who were supposed to be amazing dropped the ball hard. All of them were not good. NA's "best" role is still our AD players. Wildturtle really stepped it up. I think even Jungle can be called one of our better roles as people were impressed by both the Oddone and Meteos.

KR/CN mids #1. Cool vs Faker rematches were definitely nice to see. The fact that Wh1t3zZ was able to essentially slow down Cool's pacing is a pretty big factor in their wins. So, I think Wh1t3zZ might not be as far behind as he sometimes seems/ people are saying. His games against Fnatic is similar as well. He seems to have a way to disrupt these high pressure mids.
Haiq343
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-29 19:36:17
September 29 2013 19:32 GMT
#103
On September 30 2013 04:15 Shiznick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2013 04:11 WhiteDog wrote:
Still interesting that a team losing so hard in lane ends up by winning most team fight and get such KDA despite losing.

considering how many times royal got caught out in blatantly stupid ways (I'm looking at you Lucky), and it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Also I'm not sure if I'd consider NA's strongest role support, considering that C9 is NA's finest, and LemonNation had absolutely abysmal vision control against fnatic. I feel like the top 2 NA players at their role are pretty good, considering an international level, and then everyone under doesn't really compare.

I mean, I don't think Neo was arguing that Chauster support was good. Xpecial, Bloodwater and Edward (for now at least) are all generally considered to be good or at least competent and a positive for their teams. Conversely, every other role has either one person or maybe only one person on one champion who could hold up as you say. Strongest is relative, and C9's weaknesses with vision control (not only Lemon is to blame here), and their duo-lane pre-teamfights doesn't contradict that.

If you're going to disagree that support is NA's strongest role, that's fine just suggest an alternative. We're not exactly comparing the titans or anything here.
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination encircles the world. -Einstein
Dan HH
Profile Joined July 2012
Romania9246 Posts
September 29 2013 19:40 GMT
#104
My prediction for the final: Bengi will make the difference as he did in most of SKT's games while Faker will take all the credit
Shiznick
Profile Joined December 2008
United States2200 Posts
September 29 2013 19:47 GMT
#105
On September 30 2013 04:32 Haiq343 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2013 04:15 Shiznick wrote:
On September 30 2013 04:11 WhiteDog wrote:
Still interesting that a team losing so hard in lane ends up by winning most team fight and get such KDA despite losing.

considering how many times royal got caught out in blatantly stupid ways (I'm looking at you Lucky), and it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Also I'm not sure if I'd consider NA's strongest role support, considering that C9 is NA's finest, and LemonNation had absolutely abysmal vision control against fnatic. I feel like the top 2 NA players at their role are pretty good, considering an international level, and then everyone under doesn't really compare.

I mean, I don't think Neo was arguing that Chauster support was good. Xpecial, Bloodwater and Edward (for now at least) are all generally considered to be good or at least competent and a positive for their teams. Conversely, every other role has either one person or maybe only one person on one champion who could hold up as you say. Strongest is relative, and C9's weaknesses with vision control (not only Lemon is to blame here), and their duo-lane pre-teamfights doesn't contradict that.

If you're going to disagree that support is NA's strongest role, that's fine just suggest an alternative. We're not exactly comparing the titans or anything here.

I think ketchup expressed my views on this pretty well, Xpecial dropped the ball hugely in a number of their matches. I didn't really pay much attention to Bloodwater in Vulcun's games, so I can't comment there.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
September 29 2013 19:49 GMT
#106
I wonder which Royal will show up. Maybe they're so used to playing OMG that those team fights looked amazing but in the Semis their team fight went south. SKT1 owns them in practice games, so hopefully they figure something out to make it interesting. In either case they really have to step up their game or else they could get stomped.

As for Cyanide's post. Their mechanics weren't anywhere close to the Chinese team and that's why their team fights meant practically nothing as they had a hard time getting any objectives done when they won those fights. That shows you how well the Chinese had them pushed back and they still had map control, lol. Time and time again all the Chinese needed was winning one team fight and the game would end.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
September 29 2013 19:52 GMT
#107
On September 30 2013 04:47 Shiznick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2013 04:32 Haiq343 wrote:
On September 30 2013 04:15 Shiznick wrote:
On September 30 2013 04:11 WhiteDog wrote:
Still interesting that a team losing so hard in lane ends up by winning most team fight and get such KDA despite losing.

considering how many times royal got caught out in blatantly stupid ways (I'm looking at you Lucky), and it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Also I'm not sure if I'd consider NA's strongest role support, considering that C9 is NA's finest, and LemonNation had absolutely abysmal vision control against fnatic. I feel like the top 2 NA players at their role are pretty good, considering an international level, and then everyone under doesn't really compare.

I mean, I don't think Neo was arguing that Chauster support was good. Xpecial, Bloodwater and Edward (for now at least) are all generally considered to be good or at least competent and a positive for their teams. Conversely, every other role has either one person or maybe only one person on one champion who could hold up as you say. Strongest is relative, and C9's weaknesses with vision control (not only Lemon is to blame here), and their duo-lane pre-teamfights doesn't contradict that.

If you're going to disagree that support is NA's strongest role, that's fine just suggest an alternative. We're not exactly comparing the titans or anything here.

I think ketchup expressed my views on this pretty well, Xpecial dropped the ball hugely in a number of their matches. I didn't really pay much attention to Bloodwater in Vulcun's games, so I can't comment there.

Bloodwater was fine, he didn't elevate his play to the level he's capable of but he wasn't an active problem like sid ended up being as worlds.
Glorious SEA doto
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
September 29 2013 19:53 GMT
#108
On September 30 2013 04:15 Shiznick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2013 04:11 WhiteDog wrote:
Still interesting that a team losing so hard in lane ends up by winning most team fight and get such KDA despite losing.

considering how many times royal got caught out in blatantly stupid ways (I'm looking at you Lucky), and it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Also I'm not sure if I'd consider NA's strongest role support, considering that C9 is NA's finest, and LemonNation had absolutely abysmal vision control against fnatic. I feel like the top 2 NA players at their role are pretty good, considering an international level, and then everyone under doesn't really compare.


Yep, a lot of it was on their rotation and warding.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
September 29 2013 20:15 GMT
#109
Anyone have some preliminary numbers on Worlds viewer #s, i'm curious.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
September 29 2013 20:19 GMT
#110
On September 30 2013 05:15 BlueBird. wrote:
Anyone have some preliminary numbers on Worlds viewer #s, i'm curious.


Western numbers peaked at 900k so far. Korean and Chinese number still have to be added on to that.

I think the only definitive number that is going to be published with everything added on to each other will be the grand finals viewership, with Korean TV ratings and all of that.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-29 21:05:55
September 29 2013 21:00 GMT
#111
i think white has stepped up tremendously in the 'playoffs.' if he does win lane vs faker it would be a show of his own strength rather than faker being overrated.

though, the likelihood of this is low as long as there isn't a severe outpick in mid


edit: but yea i think faker has died a lot to turrets and fountain l0l
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-30 00:02:29
September 30 2013 00:01 GMT
#112
What if the dark truth is that NA sucks in every role compared to other regions and they don't have the best role but just the least worse role.

+ Show Spoiler +
too easy ;;
WriterXiao8~~
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 30 2013 00:04 GMT
#113
On September 30 2013 09:01 Kipsate wrote:
What if the dark truth is that NA sucks in every role compared to other regions and they don't have the best role but just the least worse role.

+ Show Spoiler +
too easy ;;

Isn't that what best role implied from the beginning?
liftlift > tsm
niukasu1990
Profile Joined July 2012
1007 Posts
September 30 2013 00:08 GMT
#114
I think at the end of season3 the current power ranking should be
First Tier: World Championship.SKT
Second Tier: World Competitor: OMG/KTB/Royal
Third Tier: World Class Team: Fnatic/CJF/CJB/NajinSword/WE
Fourth Tier: Regional Powerhouse Cloud9/LGIM2/SSO/iG/PE
Fifth: Regional Competitor TSM/Vulcun/GamaBear/Rstar/LMQ/LGD/EG/Lemondog/ATN/Any OGN teams

A big roster change is coming though.
Royal: Only Uzi and Godlike will stay
OMG and PE: Rumor of Roster Shuffle: Namei, the second best/best adc in China joined OMG.
iG: xiaoxiao retire after IEF/WCG
CJ: Merge of Blaze and Frost
niukasu1990
Profile Joined July 2012
1007 Posts
September 30 2013 00:11 GMT
#115
On September 30 2013 09:04 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2013 09:01 Kipsate wrote:
What if the dark truth is that NA sucks in every role compared to other regions and they don't have the best role but just the least worse role.

+ Show Spoiler +
too easy ;;

Isn't that what best role implied from the beginning?


NA definitely have world-class ADC.
Doublelift and Wildturtle have already proved themselves.

Zzitai: NA teams are good at trolling their adc.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-30 00:14:37
September 30 2013 00:12 GMT
#116
On September 30 2013 09:04 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2013 09:01 Kipsate wrote:
What if the dark truth is that NA sucks in every role compared to other regions and they don't have the best role but just the least worse role.

+ Show Spoiler +
too easy ;;

Isn't that what best role implied from the beginning?

The framing is different.

Also I think Samsung choked bigtime but I wouldn't put them too badly and I still think C9 is overated but I suppose we will never truly know.
WriterXiao8~~
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-30 00:21:46
September 30 2013 00:19 GMT
#117
On September 30 2013 01:56 Dan HH wrote:
Were you not watching LoL in S2? "EU best mids" precedes the S2 Finals and the "KR best tops", the fact that things changed doesn't mean it was never true and it's just something people made up to make them feel better about their region.

Edit: typo


Misaya. Savior of the human race. I know Zzitai was god but I don't know if that was during S2 or afterwards.

There were also a lot of pretty good Korean mids before they all started sucking relatively speaking. Don't remember their names though...the mids on Blaze/Frost? I think I'd agree that Froggen was the best AP mid in EU back during S2 along with Alex Ich but iono looking back if I could definitively say those two were the best in the world.

On September 30 2013 09:12 Kipsate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2013 09:04 wei2coolman wrote:
On September 30 2013 09:01 Kipsate wrote:
What if the dark truth is that NA sucks in every role compared to other regions and they don't have the best role but just the least worse role.

+ Show Spoiler +
too easy ;;

Isn't that what best role implied from the beginning?

The framing is different.

Also I think Samsung choked bigtime but I wouldn't put them too badly and I still think C9 is overated but I suppose we will never truly know.


We do truly know. They lost to Fnatic.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
riyanme
Profile Joined September 2010
Philippines940 Posts
September 30 2013 00:20 GMT
#118
SKT!!! Would like to see a 3-2 win.
-
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
September 30 2013 00:23 GMT
#119
Misaya and Toyz were just as good by the time S2 came around. Tentative to say EU mids are still the best after watching xPeke get dumpstered so hard by whitez who isn't even considered best in China. xpeke had first blood and the cs score still ended up being like 50-30 by the 6 minute mark. He lost lane just about every game, and xpeke rarely ever "wins" lane but rather makes up for it later on. Nukeduck also had a pretty poor showing, and alex did well but was also inconsistent as usual. Korea and China are pretty even for mids, even discounting dade. I'd say korea and china have the BEST mids but EU also has many really good ones.
Steins;Gate
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1422 Posts
September 30 2013 00:32 GMT
#120
On September 30 2013 09:08 niukasu1990 wrote:
I think at the end of season3 the current power ranking should be
First Tier: World Championship.SKT
Second Tier: World Competitor: OMG/KTB/Royal
Third Tier: World Class Team: Fnatic/CJF/CJB/NajinSword/WE
Fourth Tier: Regional Powerhouse Cloud9/LGIM2/SSO/iG/PE
Fifth: Regional Competitor TSM/Vulcun/GamaBear/Rstar/LMQ/LGD/EG/Lemondog/ATN/Any OGN teams

A big roster change is coming though.
Royal: Only Uzi and Godlike will stay
OMG and PE: Rumor of Roster Shuffle: Namei, the second best/best adc in China joined OMG.
iG: xiaoxiao retire after IEF/WCG
CJ: Merge of Blaze and Frost

wait, blaze and frost are merging? O_O
" Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be. "
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 134 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub334
RuFF_SC2 177
SteadfastSC 147
Nina 91
Nathanias 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2427
Shuttle 439
Mind 71
910 60
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 735
Super Smash Bros
PPMD12
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g6478
Grubby2583
shahzam590
ToD269
C9.Mang0198
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 84
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 35
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21039
League of Legends
• TFBlade551
Other Games
• imaqtpie849
• Shiphtur362
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h
Afreeca Starleague
13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.