• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:21
CEST 06:21
KST 13:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8199 users

[Champion] Cho'Gath - Page 14

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
October 04 2012 20:16 GMT
#261
Cho mid vs Malzahar?

Early on Malefic Visions = can't CS creeps :[
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 06 2012 15:08 GMT
#262
Malzahar isn't a fun matchup by any means, but he shouldn't be able to kill you 1v1 without jungle assistance before 6, and if you rush merc treads -> negatron against him you can 6 stack yourself pretty fast. You're just timing your power curve to peak a little later than it usually would because he's so strong midgame. Stack feast, don't die, rush abyssal or negatron -> rylais -> abyssal and you should do okay against him. Keys to the matchup are avoiding silence, playing around visions spread, and disrupting his combos with rupture or scream.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
October 09 2012 01:36 GMT
#263
Update: Still loving Cho top. There seem to be two results. We either both build armour and MR and just sit in lane until 200 cs, or I get an early lead with W harassment until I can WQR. Rinse, repeat. He's so annoying. W's range feels too big to me.
Moderator
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
October 09 2012 02:06 GMT
#264
I don't know about you guys, but I feel when I go Cho that I can always survive lane, but don't really have a job in teamfights. I can disrupt, sure, but nobody shoots the giant dinosaur :\
can i get my estro logo back pls
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
October 09 2012 02:21 GMT
#265
Well a proper rupture (hitting 2+ important opponents) followed by a silence across the previously ruptured people, followed by a feast on whoever is low certainly does make an impact

depending on how annoying you were in the lane phase you might even get focused which is a win all around.

So far i've had a few teams ignore me, which usually leads to at least one dead carry on their side but possibly a won teamfight for them. Far more often I get focused, esp. if I have shown I can land my spells well before. That almost always means my team wins the fight (obviously ignoring things like 4v2 fights etc.).

Yes cho stops being quite so strong sometime around level 15 (usually when the AD carries start to become the most important chars) but you can still crowdcontrol with rupture and shut down their AP/support players with silence.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 09 2012 04:05 GMT
#266
Well-placed cc and blocking skillshots are some of the keys to playing Cho well in teamfights. If you feel like you're not contributing enough, check your build for things you want to incorporate that will fix that!
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Truez
Profile Joined July 2009
Australia147 Posts
October 09 2012 04:27 GMT
#267
Them screenies, brings back memories - miss the old skool TLer's too.

Scintered
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
October 09 2012 06:51 GMT
#268
On October 09 2012 11:06 aRyuujin wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I feel when I go Cho that I can always survive lane, but don't really have a job in teamfights. I can disrupt, sure, but nobody shoots the giant dinosaur :\


The easiest thing to do is to Q the ADC (can be dodged, but wastes his time to move instead of attacking) or a bruiser diving at your own ADC.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 09 2012 08:50 GMT
#269
It also depends what you feel like you'll be more important doing, sometimes you want to be peeling for your adc and sometimes you wanna be forcing their team out of the fight. It comes down to experience, you have to learn which comps you have to do what vs. Sometimes you want to be way in the back, too, especially if you're the caster and not the main tank.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Trainninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Australia105 Posts
October 09 2012 10:10 GMT
#270
More questions about Cho top -

Still learning the match ups but what I find is that once the other top (usually Irelia, Riven, XinZhao, Jax, auto attack champions with gap closers) hits a certain level and have enough attack damage (phage, 1-2 doran sword etc) they can just dominate me even when i'm stacking armour (tabi -> glacial). What really kills me though is that they freeze lane in middle of their tower and zone me. Previously I would just last hit at tower, but if they freeze lane I'm totally fucked. What ends up happening is I lose the CS and play safe so at least I won't feed and hopefully outscale them and be more useful in teamfights. Is that usually the thought process for cho?

Also, I've been leveling E a lot more in top match ups to win trades or at least not get bullied after landing Q and E.

I'm more of a mid cho player but would like to learn top ~
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 09 2012 10:24 GMT
#271
Max E on top lane is severely underrated, I do it now against melee champs in particular and get something like hog -> def boots -> chain -> wits depending on matchup, just play with the order based on what you feel like you need.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Keniji
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands2569 Posts
October 09 2012 10:37 GMT
#272
On October 09 2012 19:10 Trainninja wrote:
More questions about Cho top -

Still learning the match ups but what I find is that once the other top (usually Irelia, Riven, XinZhao, Jax, auto attack champions with gap closers) hits a certain level and have enough attack damage (phage, 1-2 doran sword etc) they can just dominate me even when i'm stacking armour (tabi -> glacial). What really kills me though is that they freeze lane in middle of their tower and zone me. Previously I would just last hit at tower, but if they freeze lane I'm totally fucked. What ends up happening is I lose the CS and play safe so at least I won't feed and hopefully outscale them and be more useful in teamfights. Is that usually the thought process for cho?

Also, I've been leveling E a lot more in top match ups to win trades or at least not get bullied after landing Q and E.

I'm more of a mid cho player but would like to learn top ~


how can they freeze in tower range? Anyway don't forget you can turn off E so you don't auto push when you are not trading.

Also I with maxing E first you can trade extremly well against alot of melee champs.
Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
October 10 2012 04:18 GMT
#273
mobo boots on jungle cho is the best thing ever NO ONE CAN RUN FROM THE Q'S
Crispy Bacon craving overload.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
October 10 2012 04:28 GMT
#274
Max E? Really? Even teemo's E is +15 damage per level from range.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-10 06:16:56
October 10 2012 05:50 GMT
#275
On October 10 2012 13:28 obesechicken13 wrote:
Max E? Really? Even teemo's E is +15 damage per level from range.

There's something about AoE that makes Cho's slightly stronger imo. AoE rylais proc pretty stronk. Early game if you fight in creeps you'll kill them and it'll proc your passive which wins trades if you're good at it .

Also, doesn't teemo's apply a dot that doesn't stack?
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
GhostOwl
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
766 Posts
October 10 2012 05:56 GMT
#276
On October 09 2012 11:06 aRyuujin wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I feel when I go Cho that I can always survive lane, but don't really have a job in teamfights. I can disrupt, sure, but nobody shoots the giant dinosaur :\


What? Being a tank is enough of a role in teamfights. But this is a tank who has a AoE silence, AoE knockup + slow, and a huge true damage nuke.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 10 2012 08:26 GMT
#277
Carry more aegis and aura items too~
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
October 10 2012 12:28 GMT
#278
On October 09 2012 10:36 Chill wrote:
Update: Still loving Cho top. There seem to be two results. We either both build armour and MR and just sit in lane until 200 cs, or I get an early lead with W harassment until I can WQR. Rinse, repeat. He's so annoying. W's range feels too big to me.


What ELO are you?

I've been playing Chogy a lot too recently and he is quite good top! I'm pretty low skill though (can't get the hang of LoL like I could for SC2 .)

Does anybody have some advice during the laning phase on how/when to use his ult? I'm never really sure if I should keep it handy or just build stacks. Occasionally I end up in a position where if I hadn't used it on a minion I could have gotten a kill and feel really stupid!
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-10 16:52:05
October 10 2012 16:49 GMT
#279
On October 10 2012 21:28 Complete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2012 10:36 Chill wrote:
Update: Still loving Cho top. There seem to be two results. We either both build armour and MR and just sit in lane until 200 cs, or I get an early lead with W harassment until I can WQR. Rinse, repeat. He's so annoying. W's range feels too big to me.


What ELO are you?

I've been playing Chogy a lot too recently and he is quite good top! I'm pretty low skill though (can't get the hang of LoL like I could for SC2 .)

Does anybody have some advice during the laning phase on how/when to use his ult? I'm never really sure if I should keep it handy or just build stacks. Occasionally I end up in a position where if I hadn't used it on a minion I could have gotten a kill and feel really stupid!

I don't play ranked. I'm not very good.

The cooldown isn't that big (I think ~1min at level 6) but the stack isn't that big either (90hp). If there's any chance of a teamfight or 1v1 duel in the next 45 seconds, I typically hold onto it. If he's at ~75% and my big wave is pushing, I'll WQR jsut to scare him from tower farming. It's easy to continue to harass him at tower with WQ, and after three waves R will be back and he might be surprised to get WQR'd and die.

If he went b without me ulting, I'll use it right away.

You have to play wayyyy differently without ult as Cho. Ult + ignite does serious damage, not to mention how hard W is to dodge. I try to keep it up as much as possible. You can quite often get a 1 for 1 when getting ganked if you have it up. You can also dive so easily with WQRignite.
Moderator
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
October 10 2012 20:26 GMT
#280
On October 11 2012 01:49 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 21:28 Complete wrote:
On October 09 2012 10:36 Chill wrote:
Update: Still loving Cho top. There seem to be two results. We either both build armour and MR and just sit in lane until 200 cs, or I get an early lead with W harassment until I can WQR. Rinse, repeat. He's so annoying. W's range feels too big to me.


What ELO are you?

I've been playing Chogy a lot too recently and he is quite good top! I'm pretty low skill though (can't get the hang of LoL like I could for SC2 .)

Does anybody have some advice during the laning phase on how/when to use his ult? I'm never really sure if I should keep it handy or just build stacks. Occasionally I end up in a position where if I hadn't used it on a minion I could have gotten a kill and feel really stupid!

I don't play ranked. I'm not very good.

The cooldown isn't that big (I think ~1min at level 6) but the stack isn't that big either (90hp). If there's any chance of a teamfight or 1v1 duel in the next 45 seconds, I typically hold onto it. If he's at ~75% and my big wave is pushing, I'll WQR jsut to scare him from tower farming. It's easy to continue to harass him at tower with WQ, and after three waves R will be back and he might be surprised to get WQR'd and die.

If he went b without me ulting, I'll use it right away.

You have to play wayyyy differently without ult as Cho. Ult + ignite does serious damage, not to mention how hard W is to dodge. I try to keep it up as much as possible. You can quite often get a 1 for 1 when getting ganked if you have it up. You can also dive so easily with WQRignite.


To some extent I disagree :p

Personally I feel building the first 3 stacks ASAP is more important than one more kill or not. Sometimes I save up (depending on my opponent) but usually I use the first 3-4 on creeps. Only if my lane opponent has a history of being willing to trade harass down to 25% health or so, will I save it for a fight. If they recall home as soon as they hit 50% and make sure to always stay close to their tower, I don't bother (far more common personally).

I agree that it is important for teamfights from the midgame on, but if you are in a solo lane you should be level 8-10 with at least 3 stacks done before the towers disappear (at least your own should be fairly safe, and Chos tower killing speed is bad to say the least )

If there is one thing I dislike about this char, it's that he is a meele character with a bad autoattack, meaning killing towers or inhibitors later on is a chore.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 591
Larva 335
Leta 66
NaDa 48
TT1 23
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King101
ViBE85
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota255
League of Legends
• Rush1125
• Lourlo839
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 40m
INu's Battles
7h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 40m
Replay Cast
18h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.