• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:40
CEST 08:40
KST 15:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7883 users

[Patch 3.06: Lissandra Patch] General Discussion - Page 98

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 189 Next
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
May 06 2013 16:10 GMT
#1941
i forgot how many ap tests i took (something like 20?), but i got national ap scholar or w/e for averaging over a 4. i just remember the 4's i got were lang, physics c mechanics and calc bc. honestly, it was mostly because i had good teachers and im a good standardized test taker.

my school capped out transfer credit at 24 (6 classes equivalent). meh.

this is kind of random, but a lot of champs feel a lot clunkier than they used to, like all their spells have longer casting animations or times. its kind of frustrating, i cant use my face to play the game anymore.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
May 06 2013 16:16 GMT
#1942
Veigar's stun actually isn't too bad once you get a fair idea of where it's going to show up. I don't I think I could go back because placing it manually comparatively just feels too slow for a fast burst combo (Like flashing in and doing the stun combo at 6 if you smell a kill).
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 06 2013 16:19 GMT
#1943
On May 07 2013 00:54 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 00:49 WaveofShadow wrote:
On May 07 2013 00:44 Alaric wrote:
I really need to learn to smartcast that E though, when I'm chasing somebody or trying to Bob-and-weave to get a laser in (happens a lot against squishy glass-cannons like Draven), I have to cast it fast to use the range however not casting at all because I don't drag the mouse enough happens way too often. >_< I missed 3 kills like that this game, me bad.
Would be simpler with smartcast but I'll need to focus on playing him then, getting used to 540 range is way harder than stuff like 1000 or 850 range (who the heck has 540 casting range on a non-point'n'click spell ôo).

Oh lord that is probably the last ability I would ever smartcast. And I played Viktor a LOT S2.

? Smartcasting Viktor's laser is wonderful, about 1000 times faster than not smartcasting. Learn mouse.


Nope, smartcasting might be slightly faster than dumbcasting it, but I will always dumbcast Viktor Laser.

I dumbcast the things that absolutely need to be placed correctly (shields, walls, etc.) Line drag skill shots definitely fall under that (rumble ult), and when you use Vik laser as often as you do, I feel it needs to be exactly where I want it - and I always fuck it up if it's smartcasted.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
May 06 2013 16:29 GMT
#1944
On May 07 2013 01:16 RuskiPanda wrote:
Veigar's stun actually isn't too bad once you get a fair idea of where it's going to show up. I don't I think I could go back because placing it manually comparatively just feels too slow for a fast burst combo (Like flashing in and doing the stun combo at 6 if you smell a kill).

A good Veigar player smartcasting his stun is... yiiks, so scary. x_x
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
May 06 2013 16:54 GMT
#1945
Maybe I'm just dumb, but I've never really understood how Viktor/Rumble line nukes are supposed to work with smartcast. It feels so horrific, I can't imagine doing it all the time.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
May 06 2013 16:57 GMT
#1946
The thing I currently hate in LoL the most:

Jarvan can pull himself to his flag while snared.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-06 17:11:43
May 06 2013 17:11 GMT
#1947
Bitter Lux player much?

I pick Jarvan mid against Lux pretty routinely, just to be a prick. Usually do very well. Or Gragas. Huehue.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-06 17:19:34
May 06 2013 17:13 GMT
#1948
On May 07 2013 01:19 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 00:54 Shikyo wrote:
On May 07 2013 00:49 WaveofShadow wrote:
On May 07 2013 00:44 Alaric wrote:
I really need to learn to smartcast that E though, when I'm chasing somebody or trying to Bob-and-weave to get a laser in (happens a lot against squishy glass-cannons like Draven), I have to cast it fast to use the range however not casting at all because I don't drag the mouse enough happens way too often. >_< I missed 3 kills like that this game, me bad.
Would be simpler with smartcast but I'll need to focus on playing him then, getting used to 540 range is way harder than stuff like 1000 or 850 range (who the heck has 540 casting range on a non-point'n'click spell ôo).

Oh lord that is probably the last ability I would ever smartcast. And I played Viktor a LOT S2.

? Smartcasting Viktor's laser is wonderful, about 1000 times faster than not smartcasting. Learn mouse.


Nope, smartcasting might be slightly faster than dumbcasting it, but I will always dumbcast Viktor Laser.

I dumbcast the things that absolutely need to be placed correctly (shields, walls, etc.) Line drag skill shots definitely fall under that (rumble ult), and when you use Vik laser as often as you do, I feel it needs to be exactly where I want it - and I always fuck it up if it's smartcasted.

I don't see how it's difficult to place how you need to. All you do is click at the start point, drag, and let go. Only need to drag a tiny bit, too. It also definitely isn't a tiny bit faster, if you use your mouse properly as I said to, it's just as fast as smartcast with range indicators because you can use your mouse easily in the time that you have your button pressed down. Smartcasting here has nothing to do with accuracy because... There's no difference in accuracy, the only difference is 1 key press vs 2. You also don't need to be accurate at all, you just need the direction. I for one have no problems with going towards the right direction, just with the distance, so casting it is practically instant.

If anything, it's more accurate because it takes less time. I definitely cannot run up, Lazer, and instantly run back nearly as fast without smartcast. If you don't smartcast it you're engine limited.



Oh and if you indeed need to be really precise smartcast with range indicators is pretty good even though it's significantly slower than smartcast(line nukes like Viktor E are smartcast with range indicators by default btw)
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
May 06 2013 17:23 GMT
#1949
I use smartcast and bind shift-LETTER to safecast, best of both worlds.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
May 06 2013 17:27 GMT
#1950
On May 07 2013 02:11 zer0das wrote:
Bitter Lux player much?

I pick Jarvan mid against Lux pretty routinely, just to be a prick. Usually do very well. Or Gragas. Huehue.


Because it's totally fair that Jarvan has the only gapcloser in the entire game that you can use while CC'd.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
May 06 2013 17:30 GMT
#1951
On May 07 2013 02:27 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 02:11 zer0das wrote:
Bitter Lux player much?

I pick Jarvan mid against Lux pretty routinely, just to be a prick. Usually do very well. Or Gragas. Huehue.


Because it's totally fair that Jarvan has the only gapcloser in the entire game that you can use while CC'd.

xin zhao doesn't care about your flag.
i learned that the hard way.



i finished my syndra guide a while ago but then i kept losing so now i don't want to post it. lol =\
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
May 06 2013 17:33 GMT
#1952
On May 07 2013 02:27 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 02:11 zer0das wrote:
Bitter Lux player much?

I pick Jarvan mid against Lux pretty routinely, just to be a prick. Usually do very well. Or Gragas. Huehue.


Because it's totally fair that Jarvan has the only gapcloser in the entire game that you can use while CC'd.

Code. A "movement" spell is forbidden while you are rooted, however Jarvan's Q isn't a movement spell per see so you can still cast it (if only to finish off that pesky Ryze that Rune Prison'd you at 5 HP), what Riot would need to do to avoid the situation would be to prevent the pull from happening if you are rooted. I guess they overlooked it when coding, and now they don't want/care to change it.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Agnosthar
Profile Joined August 2010
631 Posts
May 06 2013 17:40 GMT
#1953
On May 07 2013 02:23 thenexusp wrote:
I use smartcast and bind shift-LETTER to safecast, best of both worlds.


I switched to smartcasting a while back. Only thing I regularly mess up when smartcasting is using Flay the way I want on Thresh.
I have my bindings set up like you, although I honestly think if you're not smartcasting certain abilities like Rumble ult, then it's just a case of not having practiced it enough.


Also, I've never even seen a Karma in my games, but people on here seem to be hinting she's really OP mid lane. Do people just mean that she's viable? Or is she legitimately better than a lot of the current FOTM champions?
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
May 06 2013 17:41 GMT
#1954
On May 07 2013 02:33 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 02:27 Ketara wrote:
On May 07 2013 02:11 zer0das wrote:
Bitter Lux player much?

I pick Jarvan mid against Lux pretty routinely, just to be a prick. Usually do very well. Or Gragas. Huehue.


Because it's totally fair that Jarvan has the only gapcloser in the entire game that you can use while CC'd.

Code. A "movement" spell is forbidden while you are rooted, however Jarvan's Q isn't a movement spell per see so you can still cast it (if only to finish off that pesky Ryze that Rune Prison'd you at 5 HP), what Riot would need to do to avoid the situation would be to prevent the pull from happening if you are rooted. I guess they overlooked it when coding, and now they don't want/care to change it.

Riot's always had stupid inconsistencies with its coding
Bronze player stuck in platinum
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-06 17:47:36
May 06 2013 17:46 GMT
#1955
On May 07 2013 02:40 Agnosthar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 02:23 thenexusp wrote:
I use smartcast and bind shift-LETTER to safecast, best of both worlds.


I switched to smartcasting a while back. Only thing I regularly mess up when smartcasting is using Flay the way I want on Thresh.
I have my bindings set up like you, although I honestly think if you're not smartcasting certain abilities like Rumble ult, then it's just a case of not having practiced it enough.


Also, I've never even seen a Karma in my games, but people on here seem to be hinting she's really OP mid lane. Do people just mean that she's viable? Or is she legitimately better than a lot of the current FOTM champions?


Post-remake her damage and utility was pretty incredible with a full CDR build to start. Then they buffed her damage and Mantra cooldowns. For anyone who can play her at all decently, it makes her a monster.

To add some of my own observations, I'm a shitty mid laner but I've been able to dominate with her hardcore. You can do pretty well in 1v1s, but when you start adding massive shields and movement to your team everything goes in your favor FAST.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
May 06 2013 17:46 GMT
#1956
Karma packs a good amount of synergy with a lot of initiation/counter-initiation/poke/protect comps, and has a stellar laning phase and excellent teamfight as long as you don't expect Veigar-like burst from her.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 06 2013 17:47 GMT
#1957
On May 07 2013 02:46 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 02:40 Agnosthar wrote:
On May 07 2013 02:23 thenexusp wrote:
I use smartcast and bind shift-LETTER to safecast, best of both worlds.


I switched to smartcasting a while back. Only thing I regularly mess up when smartcasting is using Flay the way I want on Thresh.
I have my bindings set up like you, although I honestly think if you're not smartcasting certain abilities like Rumble ult, then it's just a case of not having practiced it enough.


Also, I've never even seen a Karma in my games, but people on here seem to be hinting she's really OP mid lane. Do people just mean that she's viable? Or is she legitimately better than a lot of the current FOTM champions?


Post-remake her damage and utility was pretty incredible with a full CDR build to start. Then they buffed her damage and Mantra cooldowns. For anyone who can play her at all decently, it makes her a monster.


It's still hilarious how few people know how to play with her though, which results in more losses than necessary.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
May 06 2013 17:48 GMT
#1958
On May 07 2013 02:47 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 02:46 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On May 07 2013 02:40 Agnosthar wrote:
On May 07 2013 02:23 thenexusp wrote:
I use smartcast and bind shift-LETTER to safecast, best of both worlds.


I switched to smartcasting a while back. Only thing I regularly mess up when smartcasting is using Flay the way I want on Thresh.
I have my bindings set up like you, although I honestly think if you're not smartcasting certain abilities like Rumble ult, then it's just a case of not having practiced it enough.


Also, I've never even seen a Karma in my games, but people on here seem to be hinting she's really OP mid lane. Do people just mean that she's viable? Or is she legitimately better than a lot of the current FOTM champions?


Post-remake her damage and utility was pretty incredible with a full CDR build to start. Then they buffed her damage and Mantra cooldowns. For anyone who can play her at all decently, it makes her a monster.


It's still hilarious how few people know how to play with her though, which results in more losses than necessary.


I haven't played her with the new buffs. How's that Q damage in lane now?
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
May 06 2013 17:52 GMT
#1959
i'm not 100% sure, but i think amumu can bandage out of a snare.

dunno about thresh hook or lee sin dash, ez blinks, etc.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
May 06 2013 17:52 GMT
#1960
On May 07 2013 02:33 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 02:27 Ketara wrote:
On May 07 2013 02:11 zer0das wrote:
Bitter Lux player much?

I pick Jarvan mid against Lux pretty routinely, just to be a prick. Usually do very well. Or Gragas. Huehue.


Because it's totally fair that Jarvan has the only gapcloser in the entire game that you can use while CC'd.

Code. A "movement" spell is forbidden while you are rooted, however Jarvan's Q isn't a movement spell per see so you can still cast it (if only to finish off that pesky Ryze that Rune Prison'd you at 5 HP), what Riot would need to do to avoid the situation would be to prevent the pull from happening if you are rooted. I guess they overlooked it when coding, and now they don't want/care to change it.

Maybe they left it in to make up for his ult.
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 189 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4378
Leta 1844
Shuttle 1382
sorry 48
ZergMaN 46
Shine 38
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
JimRising 627
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King45
Other Games
summit1g7431
WinterStarcraft689
Sick176
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
BasetradeTV226
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 20
• Letter1418
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Rush1096
• Lourlo1021
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 20m
Patches Events
8h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 20m
OSC
16h 20m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.