• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:20
CEST 08:20
KST 15:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8794 users

[Patch 3.06: Lissandra Patch] General Discussion - Page 189

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 187 188 189
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 15 2013 21:12 GMT
#3761
On May 16 2013 06:03 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2013 05:09 Dark_Chill wrote:
I think probably the biggest reason why I'm still in silver is my late game decision making and calling. On average, my support is alright, and sometimes my Lulu can win lanes. Come late game though, my warding goes down as I forget about it, and I don't really put any effort into trying to make people go to certain spots or do certain things, and sometimes I'll use my skills on the wrong target. Maybe instead of using my spells to protect the AD I use it on our bruiser so that he can get over to the other team, and that just cost us the fight. Now that summer's here I hope I can improve on these aspects a lot.


The key to late game warding in non-pro-level games is convincing a buddy to come with you. The reason is that "bad" players do "stupid" things like camp random bushes for inexplicably long amounts of time. My pet peeve is the "bush of death" around baron, because you can't ward it from over a wall, half the time there is a random Jarvan, or Diana waiting there, and even if you do a max range ward plant you still can die.

This is hilarious because it's so true. Classic late game maneuver in Bronze. Don't know what to do? Ping a bush and everyone piles up. The problem is it works half the time... XD
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
bmn
Profile Joined August 2010
886 Posts
May 15 2013 21:13 GMT
#3762
On May 16 2013 04:16 Ketara wrote:
I think the biggest noticeable difference between high silver and low silver is that in high silver you don't see many people anymore who just make really moronic build choices. The people who are playing support but hate supporting still buy wards, people don't start mid/top with dorans items anymore, etc.

You still see junglers who have one predetermined build order they go, which is tuned for a jungler who's fed all to hell, and still try to go it even if they're like 0/4, which bothers me, but in general the build they're trying to go for makes some sense, just not for that particular game.

I think you're right about the decision making though. I'm just starting to feel like I have some semblance of understanding whatever the fuck it is I'm supposed to be doing outside of 20mins into the game. When I watch my friends in silver 5 play they get in these positions where it's 30-40 mins in and they have a clear lead and still just sort of wander around the map not doing anything with their lead.


Starting doran's items top is moronic?

Please enlighten me why, I'd be happy to climb from low to high silver. I do a fair amount of dblade starts for Quinn top/mid and dring starts for Nunu top if I know the enemy can't easily punish me for it.
Nunu because of Q sustain and I often go tele anyway, Quinn because she outtrades certain melee champs so hard that they usually can't punish me for it. It's working well for me, but I also know that other low silver people don't know how to punish choices like this properly.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
May 15 2013 21:15 GMT
#3763
On May 16 2013 06:04 beefhamburger wrote:


always nice to see Smash getting dunked on in riot videos, this time Zac bodychecking him haha.

redeems himself with a nice nunu play though
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
May 15 2013 21:21 GMT
#3764
On May 16 2013 06:15 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2013 06:04 beefhamburger wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od10884Mv7M


always nice to see Smash getting dunked on in riot videos, this time Zac bodychecking him haha.

redeems himself with a nice nunu play though

Seems like Smash always gets dunked, lol
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
May 15 2013 21:23 GMT
#3765
Why are they doing stuff with base attack speed. It's the worst thing to nerf, because when you're playing, it honestly feels bad to have that lower speed.
I don't even see any reason to nerf Caitlyn.
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
May 15 2013 21:24 GMT
#3766
Patch notes
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-15 21:26:22
May 15 2013 21:25 GMT
#3767
I like how they try their hardest not to say that they wanted to nerf Nunu.

And yeah, what's with all the BAS nerfs? It feels awful to play because it makes early last hitting such a pain.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-15 21:25:59
May 15 2013 21:25 GMT
#3768
On May 16 2013 06:13 bmn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2013 04:16 Ketara wrote:
I think the biggest noticeable difference between high silver and low silver is that in high silver you don't see many people anymore who just make really moronic build choices. The people who are playing support but hate supporting still buy wards, people don't start mid/top with dorans items anymore, etc.

You still see junglers who have one predetermined build order they go, which is tuned for a jungler who's fed all to hell, and still try to go it even if they're like 0/4, which bothers me, but in general the build they're trying to go for makes some sense, just not for that particular game.

I think you're right about the decision making though. I'm just starting to feel like I have some semblance of understanding whatever the fuck it is I'm supposed to be doing outside of 20mins into the game. When I watch my friends in silver 5 play they get in these positions where it's 30-40 mins in and they have a clear lead and still just sort of wander around the map not doing anything with their lead.


Starting doran's items top is moronic?

Please enlighten me why, I'd be happy to climb from low to high silver. I do a fair amount of dblade starts for Quinn top/mid and dring starts for Nunu top if I know the enemy can't easily punish me for it.
Nunu because of Q sustain and I often go tele anyway, Quinn because she outtrades certain melee champs so hard that they usually can't punish me for it. It's working well for me, but I also know that other low silver people don't know how to punish choices like this properly.


Because the moment a good jungler sees that you started without a ward in the top lane they will camp you 24/7 until either you start warding or their solo lane has a 2-4 kill lead.

Patch 3.7 Notes
Adobe AIR no longer uses the Debug Launcher and has been updated to version 3.7. This should result in increased client stability.


Thank f-ing God.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
May 15 2013 21:26 GMT
#3769
On May 16 2013 06:15 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2013 06:04 beefhamburger wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od10884Mv7M


always nice to see Smash getting dunked on in riot videos, this time Zac bodychecking him haha.

redeems himself with a nice nunu play though

Is that Reginald playing the TF in that video?
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-15 21:29:53
May 15 2013 21:27 GMT
#3770
On May 16 2013 06:23 Dark_Chill wrote:
Why are they doing stuff with base attack speed. It's the worst thing to nerf, because when you're playing, it honestly feels bad to have that lower speed.
I don't even see any reason to nerf Caitlyn.


I enjoy playing Cait but as an ADC main Caitlyn is the only ADC that is just fucking annoying to play against. She's the only ADC that can force me to go a different item build (sometimes you can get away with Dblade start against Cait but a lot of times it's just safer/guarantees more CS if you go with some sort of pots opening). She's just a super annoying cunt to lane against. I dunno if she needed a nerf or not but since they buffed her AS per level I doubt this will hurt late game Caitlyn as much as it hurts early game Caitlyn, which I'm fine with because Caitlyn is a giant cunt in lane phase. I think it's pretty telling that all of my friends who are bad at ADC default to Caitlyn if they have to play ADC since you don't have to be good to get a CS advantage in lane as Caitlyn.

So yeah, nerfs to early game Cait are fine in my book so long as they remedy it with buffs to her late game. If her overall AS is lower at 18 after this change then they should definitely fix that though.

edit:
To clarify a bit more. I think that nerfing early game Cait and buffing late game Cait is fine because her early game is probably too abusive. But if this change resulted in an overall nerf to her early game and late game Riot should look into it.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
May 15 2013 21:27 GMT
#3771
DARKNESSSSSSSS
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Prev 1 187 188 189
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 114
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3906
Mong 80
sorry 34
ToSsGirL 11
Noble 10
Icarus 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King161
Other Games
summit1g8055
WinterStarcraft609
C9.Mang0268
Sick156
ceh9126
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Lourlo1020
• Stunt402
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 40m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.