• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:04
CEST 09:04
KST 16:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11076 users

[Patch 1.0.0.129: Fizz] General Discussion - Page 148

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 158 Next
Want to rage about your latest loss?
Use the QQ thread.
If you whine in GD, you'll get warned.
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
November 28 2011 06:33 GMT
#2941
On November 28 2011 14:50 Chairman Ray wrote:
How do you choose which support to take? I play support on my team, and although we win bot most the time, I feel I can do better if I know how to pick the ideal support to complement the carry and counter the enemy duo as well. So how do you pick which support is the best to take?

aggressive: taric, alistar > sona, janna
passive: soraka > sona > janna

a passive lane is one where u know u would be facing a hard bot lane and u just want to farm. champs like ashe usually take a passive support.
an aggressive lane is one where u plan to go ham on some hoes. champs like trist you would want to pair with an aggresive support.
you also have to look at your jungler - is he going to be ganking your lane a lot? if so, you probably want an agg support. junglers apparently hate soraka or something. more cc is better. sona doesn't have a lot of cc, but she does more damage. janna has a ton of cc but not the best damage. however she buffs damage. alistar umm i don't play him that much but his cc is godly if done right and his damage is OK. taric has a never miss stun and he has good damage. soraka has a silence lol, tbh it's pretty good cause it prevents flashes but its not a hard cc like other champs have, and it does shit for damage.
one of my favorite combos is mf + taric, they're both great early game champs for example and MF does shit loads of damage early and taric complements that well with his w. i like to put janna with champs that have dmg scaling abilities like ez, but janna is the only one here with no heal so your AD has to be the kind that can stay out of trouble well. classic combo is cait + taric for great brush control, this is kinda nerfed though and people don't really get trapped + stunned + trapped anymore ever.
damage (by support): sona > taric > alistar, janna > soraka

here's an example of which supports i like best with which AD, but any of them are fine tbh and idk rly for alistar cuz i dont play him, he's the one that actually takes some skill out of the 5 normally played supports and i don't hav skill sry. and of course it depends on your AD's play style too, i like janna with ez but sometimes that's not a good idea bcuz his aa range is short i guess, i duno lol. but if he's taking a lot of hits then maybe your ez was not made for your janna.
ashe : soraka
cait : taric
corki : taric
ezreal : janna, sona, taric
graves : sona
mf : taric
trist : ali, taric
vayne : taric

ofc you want to take into account your team comp and the enemy team comp. enemy has heavy aoe? janna is best. don't pick soraka vs aoe, or if your team has low cc. you have a aoe team comp? pick sona duhh. early game team comp? alistar, taric are good. would janna work really well with one of your bruiser guys? there's a lot of shit to consider, but i usually don't care and pick janna because imo she's the easiest support to play. best late game support is janna, followed by soraka and sona, then taric and ali.

also if you're going to say something gay like soraka can level q and do shit so she can be aggressive too! stfu i meant how she's play normally, which is level heal and infuse and heal and infuse bitches ^_^

ps im dumb lol~
:)
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 28 2011 06:42 GMT
#2942
Soraka's incredibly good for aggression, lol.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
November 28 2011 06:48 GMT
#2943
She's also the best for passive, and I'd take a support with more CC over Soraka for aggression in most situations
I'm not saying you play passive soraka 100% of the time
:)
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 28 2011 06:49 GMT
#2944
It's more that she outsustains so hard that your lanemate can go balls aggressive and you'll grind them down :>
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
November 28 2011 06:53 GMT
#2945
Sorry that's advanced tactics I'm just a little kid ok
Let me rephrase, aggressive is more of how much your support will be touching the other champ's butthole, or what your jungler would rather see when he is coming around to touch the other champ's butthole
okay
:)
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
November 28 2011 07:22 GMT
#2946
its kinda funny, but i think soraka has one of the highest dps outputs of all of the supports due to starcall. u pretty much have to pick one or the other tho, and 99 times out of 100 u want sustain.

tbh tho, i think passive and aggressive are dictated far more by the AD champ's choice and the AD player's style than the support's. I think cow may be the only exception as he is pretty damn aggressive, but u can still be fairly successful using cow strictly passively.

that said, i still do counterpick with supports, its just that i counterpick supports vs their teamcomp as a whole. I see flash initiator/aoe ppl, i pick janna. I see bruisers that are hard to deal with, i pick sona. I see they have a sustain/kite comp going on, i pick soraka, that kind of thing.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
November 28 2011 07:22 GMT
#2947
wow didn't expect to get many replies. Thanks for the tips, was quite helpful
LoCicero
Profile Joined August 2010
1100 Posts
November 28 2011 07:49 GMT
#2948
Ugh, I think I might be done with this game. I just don't enjoy it anymore. Playing it is more frustrating than fun.
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
November 28 2011 07:54 GMT
#2949
you need a team :D
GANDHISAUCE
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 28 2011 07:59 GMT
#2950
On November 28 2011 16:22 barbsq wrote:
its kinda funny, but i think soraka has one of the highest dps outputs of all of the supports due to starcall. u pretty much have to pick one or the other tho, and 99 times out of 100 u want sustain.

tbh tho, i think passive and aggressive are dictated far more by the AD champ's choice and the AD player's style than the support's. I think cow may be the only exception as he is pretty damn aggressive, but u can still be fairly successful using cow strictly passively.

that said, i still do counterpick with supports, its just that i counterpick supports vs their teamcomp as a whole. I see flash initiator/aoe ppl, i pick janna. I see bruisers that are hard to deal with, i pick sona. I see they have a sustain/kite comp going on, i pick soraka, that kind of thing.


I always pick Soraka unless she gets banned or pick before me; the only reason why I trying to learn another hero is because I can't always rely on getting her so I need SOME sort of fall-back plan.

Incidentally I normally do Tome+ward opening for fast Pick and go W E W Q W R.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
November 28 2011 08:04 GMT
#2951
On November 28 2011 16:49 LoCicero wrote:
Ugh, I think I might be done with this game. I just don't enjoy it anymore. Playing it is more frustrating than fun.

Take a break. If it isnt fun, dont play it. You will either miss it and come back or you wont.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
November 28 2011 08:12 GMT
#2952
Rejoice, men: only one more day of free week Vayne on your team feeding the enemy's AD!
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 28 2011 08:19 GMT
#2953
On November 28 2011 16:49 LoCicero wrote:
Ugh, I think I might be done with this game. I just don't enjoy it anymore. Playing it is more frustrating than fun.


I took a 3-month break last November, and then again this Spring, followed by like a one-month no-SR streak after Dom came out. May or may not rekindle your fire :>
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
November 28 2011 08:30 GMT
#2954
On November 28 2011 16:59 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 16:22 barbsq wrote:
its kinda funny, but i think soraka has one of the highest dps outputs of all of the supports due to starcall. u pretty much have to pick one or the other tho, and 99 times out of 100 u want sustain.

tbh tho, i think passive and aggressive are dictated far more by the AD champ's choice and the AD player's style than the support's. I think cow may be the only exception as he is pretty damn aggressive, but u can still be fairly successful using cow strictly passively.

that said, i still do counterpick with supports, its just that i counterpick supports vs their teamcomp as a whole. I see flash initiator/aoe ppl, i pick janna. I see bruisers that are hard to deal with, i pick sona. I see they have a sustain/kite comp going on, i pick soraka, that kind of thing.


I always pick Soraka unless she gets banned or pick before me; the only reason why I trying to learn another hero is because I can't always rely on getting her so I need SOME sort of fall-back plan.

Incidentally I normally do Tome+ward opening for fast Pick and go W E W Q W R.


the only times i have trouble with soraka is assassins and ppl who just stick to your carry. I feel like i cant really do anything to keep them off, it seems like every time akali or talon or xin charge at you, u just cant keep them away. Similar problem with mass aoe comps. Dunno, soraka has just never seemed like a perfect pick 100% of the time. Certainly all supports function in pretty much all situations, it's just i've felt some games where soraka just wasn't the right pick.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
November 28 2011 08:33 GMT
#2955
I often take frequent breaks, usually because I'm playing other things and just don't get time to play LoL. I also don't mass games like some people do, spending 10 hours playing straight would be difficult for anyone especially if they are losing because of idiots. Sometimes I just get on and play against bots for my free 150ip.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 08:36:23
November 28 2011 08:35 GMT
#2956
On November 28 2011 17:30 barbsq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 16:59 Southlight wrote:
On November 28 2011 16:22 barbsq wrote:
its kinda funny, but i think soraka has one of the highest dps outputs of all of the supports due to starcall. u pretty much have to pick one or the other tho, and 99 times out of 100 u want sustain.

tbh tho, i think passive and aggressive are dictated far more by the AD champ's choice and the AD player's style than the support's. I think cow may be the only exception as he is pretty damn aggressive, but u can still be fairly successful using cow strictly passively.

that said, i still do counterpick with supports, its just that i counterpick supports vs their teamcomp as a whole. I see flash initiator/aoe ppl, i pick janna. I see bruisers that are hard to deal with, i pick sona. I see they have a sustain/kite comp going on, i pick soraka, that kind of thing.


I always pick Soraka unless she gets banned or pick before me; the only reason why I trying to learn another hero is because I can't always rely on getting her so I need SOME sort of fall-back plan.

Incidentally I normally do Tome+ward opening for fast Pick and go W E W Q W R.


the only times i have trouble with soraka is assassins and ppl who just stick to your carry. I feel like i cant really do anything to keep them off, it seems like every time akali or talon or xin charge at you, u just cant keep them away. Similar problem with mass aoe comps. Dunno, soraka has just never seemed like a perfect pick 100% of the time. Certainly all supports function in pretty much all situations, it's just i've felt some games where soraka just wasn't the right pick.


o_O I just W the carry when they're about to strike and then E them. If Akali/Talon actually can kill your carry then a lot else has gone wrong with the game, lol.

Edit:
The reason why _I_ hate assassins with jumps is because a lot of times it's fucking impossible to figure out if they're just trying to bait out my heal to kill ME
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Lancer723
Profile Joined September 2011
United States486 Posts
November 28 2011 08:39 GMT
#2957
On November 28 2011 17:30 barbsq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 16:59 Southlight wrote:
On November 28 2011 16:22 barbsq wrote:
its kinda funny, but i think soraka has one of the highest dps outputs of all of the supports due to starcall. u pretty much have to pick one or the other tho, and 99 times out of 100 u want sustain.

tbh tho, i think passive and aggressive are dictated far more by the AD champ's choice and the AD player's style than the support's. I think cow may be the only exception as he is pretty damn aggressive, but u can still be fairly successful using cow strictly passively.

that said, i still do counterpick with supports, its just that i counterpick supports vs their teamcomp as a whole. I see flash initiator/aoe ppl, i pick janna. I see bruisers that are hard to deal with, i pick sona. I see they have a sustain/kite comp going on, i pick soraka, that kind of thing.


I always pick Soraka unless she gets banned or pick before me; the only reason why I trying to learn another hero is because I can't always rely on getting her so I need SOME sort of fall-back plan.

Incidentally I normally do Tome+ward opening for fast Pick and go W E W Q W R.


the only times i have trouble with soraka is assassins and ppl who just stick to your carry. I feel like i cant really do anything to keep them off, it seems like every time akali or talon or xin charge at you, u just cant keep them away. Similar problem with mass aoe comps. Dunno, soraka has just never seemed like a perfect pick 100% of the time. Certainly all supports function in pretty much all situations, it's just i've felt some games where soraka just wasn't the right pick.


I feel like Soraka is picked so much because she's like the never lose support. Super-duper infinite sustain = farm all day. Soraka/Sona are the first support picked because people are afraid if they pick an aggressive/early game bottom lane they will just get countered by sustain.

Then after Soraka/Sona is picked, the other team is forced to either decide to gamble that they can burst hard enough to nullify the sustain or simply take the other sustain support so they don't auto-lose lane. Then they heal at each other and always farm never die/ always ward never get ganked.

.....

I don't know if what I typed made sense but it makes sense in my head. Damn it's late I should sleep.
LoL ID - Lancer723 Gold III
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
November 28 2011 08:53 GMT
#2958
On November 28 2011 17:39 Lancer723 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 17:30 barbsq wrote:
On November 28 2011 16:59 Southlight wrote:
On November 28 2011 16:22 barbsq wrote:
its kinda funny, but i think soraka has one of the highest dps outputs of all of the supports due to starcall. u pretty much have to pick one or the other tho, and 99 times out of 100 u want sustain.

tbh tho, i think passive and aggressive are dictated far more by the AD champ's choice and the AD player's style than the support's. I think cow may be the only exception as he is pretty damn aggressive, but u can still be fairly successful using cow strictly passively.

that said, i still do counterpick with supports, its just that i counterpick supports vs their teamcomp as a whole. I see flash initiator/aoe ppl, i pick janna. I see bruisers that are hard to deal with, i pick sona. I see they have a sustain/kite comp going on, i pick soraka, that kind of thing.


I always pick Soraka unless she gets banned or pick before me; the only reason why I trying to learn another hero is because I can't always rely on getting her so I need SOME sort of fall-back plan.

Incidentally I normally do Tome+ward opening for fast Pick and go W E W Q W R.


the only times i have trouble with soraka is assassins and ppl who just stick to your carry. I feel like i cant really do anything to keep them off, it seems like every time akali or talon or xin charge at you, u just cant keep them away. Similar problem with mass aoe comps. Dunno, soraka has just never seemed like a perfect pick 100% of the time. Certainly all supports function in pretty much all situations, it's just i've felt some games where soraka just wasn't the right pick.


I feel like Soraka is picked so much because she's like the never lose support. Super-duper infinite sustain = farm all day. Soraka/Sona are the first support picked because people are afraid if they pick an aggressive/early game bottom lane they will just get countered by sustain.

Then after Soraka/Sona is picked, the other team is forced to either decide to gamble that they can burst hard enough to nullify the sustain or simply take the other sustain support so they don't auto-lose lane. Then they heal at each other and always farm never die/ always ward never get ganked.

.....

I don't know if what I typed made sense but it makes sense in my head. Damn it's late I should sleep.


i agree that soraka is a very strong support pick. just referring to a 1 in 50 kind of case. actually now that i think about it, the only times i've ever thought badly about a soraka pick is in a few tourney games, never really in solo queue
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
November 28 2011 09:20 GMT
#2959
Soraka No damage, stupid horn, not viable at all.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 28 2011 09:44 GMT
#2960
mordekaiser best support, always support never die
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 180
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 657
hero 647
BeSt 292
Hyuk 256
Mind 35
Bale 22
Shinee 19
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1238
XaKoH 462
League of Legends
JimRising 581
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King109
Other Games
summit1g9445
ceh9377
Livibee94
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH350
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2316
League of Legends
• Rush1426
• Stunt516
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.