• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:55
CEST 23:55
KST 06:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11122 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 27

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 46 Next All
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
December 14 2015 04:16 GMT
#521
On December 09 2015 05:25 MotherFox wrote:
do skeletons on infernal shrines give xp?

if so, how does it relate to minion waves?


They do give xp, yes, like the plants, undead, shrine guardians, etc. I would assume it's around the same amount of xp as a minion, but I'm not sure of the exact number.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
December 18 2015 11:01 GMT
#522
I tried to Google it but couldn't find the answer. When you use Tour Bus (which I never did for some reason - stupid me) do you make all the people on your slide's path dance or only the people on the "landing spot" of Tour bus ?

I try to only play ETC on HL these days and I always get Storm Shield because I know this talent well. But it seems Tour Bus can be very very powerful.
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
December 18 2015 14:35 GMT
#523
Everyone gets stunned but only the ones in the landing zone stay stunned.

I think moshpit is rapid fire short stuns so it might be possible to not stun someone if you slide by between stun pulses.
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
December 18 2015 15:35 GMT
#524
Ok thank you ! It's a bit less powerful than I hoped but still very nice. I'll definitely try tour bus.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-25 14:08:04
December 25 2015 14:07 GMT
#525
When you die during a divine palm and are revived immediately, do you lose your stacks (Gathering Power etc.)?
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Talaris
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland766 Posts
December 25 2015 15:09 GMT
#526
On December 25 2015 23:07 Ej_ wrote:
When you die during a divine palm and are revived immediately, do you lose your stacks (Gathering Power etc.)?

Tooltip says your target won't die, so it should not lose the stacks.

Not 100% sure though, too bad I did not ask/doublecheck with a Kael that I saved a few days ago =/
-= Jaedong // HerO // HasuObs // Best // Rush =-
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
December 25 2015 15:29 GMT
#527
On December 25 2015 23:07 Ej_ wrote:
When you die during a divine palm and are revived immediately, do you lose your stacks (Gathering Power etc.)?


Nope, as you don't actually "die".
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
HewTheTitan
Profile Joined February 2015
Canada331 Posts
December 27 2015 07:56 GMT
#528
Where are the good replay sites for heroes? I'm struggling to find anything besides gosugamers. Also, I heard they break every hotfix, so I can only look at very recent ones?
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
December 28 2015 16:19 GMT
#529
I suck at support but I can at least play BW and Tyrande well. However I noticed with Morales's boost in popularity that you need to be able to dive to get her. So I need a "dive" healer.
Any half decent player will focus BW or Tyrande if she follows Diablo (why the hell is everybody picking Diablo BTW?) / Tyrael / Illidan or so.

I guess the obvious answer is friggin' baldy Kharazim. But since I suck with him, any other ? Is Uther good in this role ?
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-28 16:56:05
December 28 2015 16:54 GMT
#530
On December 29 2015 01:19 Leolio wrote:
I suck at support but I can at least play BW and Tyrande well. However I noticed with Morales's boost in popularity that you need to be able to dive to get her. So I need a "dive" healer.
Any half decent player will focus BW or Tyrande if she follows Diablo (why the hell is everybody picking Diablo BTW?) / Tyrael / Illidan or so.

I guess the obvious answer is friggin' baldy Kharazim. But since I suck with him, any other ? Is Uther good in this role ?


1. Diablo is actually really good. In my opinion, he's surpassed Leoric/Johanna to take a place in top 3 tanks (ETC/Diablo/Muradin).
2. If you have a dive assassin/bruiser like Kerrigan, Sonya, Illidan, Tyrael, or Butcher, Uther is your go-to healer. He has the huge heals and Dshield. If you do it right, someone like Kerrigan will activate ult, dive deep, and then you Dshield her before she takes substantial damage - she soaks up a ton of cooldowns and damage, and then your team just wins the fight. Brightwing can also work, but you have be a lot more careful against AoE stuff since you'll be in the middle of the fray (same for Kharazim).

I suggest just having Uther as your staple support pick because he's never really bad in any composition.

On December 27 2015 16:56 HewTheTitan wrote:
Where are the good replay sites for heroes? I'm struggling to find anything besides gosugamers. Also, I heard they break every hotfix, so I can only look at very recent ones?


Hotslogs is the only other site I would suggest. And yes, they still haven't figured out how to make replays work consistently in spite of working with the client since 2010.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7424 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-28 20:34:36
December 28 2015 20:34 GMT
#531
Pick Morales yourself

I had great succes with her the last two weeks, cause in SoloQ diving her is really hard and more often than not, fails horribly

Other than that, i'd second John with Uhter
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
December 29 2015 00:29 GMT
#532
Diablo is pretty good right now, second highest win % on hotslogs iirc. Decent tankiness, decent damage, and most importantly, a lot of kill potential. Getting the Tyrande/Dibblez combo working (tricky to pull off, especially in soloQ) bears some serious fruit.

And yeah, a lot of people misuse Uther's Divine Shield in that they see it as a save to keep a hero alive as they disengage - this is effectively wasting it, although it does of course serve this purpose very well. A shielded hero at the end of a fight will simply not be targeted by the other team who can afford to put out damage on other heroes, especially since a couple are probably already dead at this point. So what if your Illidan survives with 50 HP? If he's having to run away, the fight has probably already been lost.

Instead, pop divine shield on your Kerrigan etc as they start fighting properly (not the second they engage, but just after the fight begins properly). The immediate reaction of any player when they see a Kerrigan with maelstrom leaping at you and using her abilities is to unload all their CC and damage abilities at her ASAP. A well timed Divine shield completely negates all of that damage and puts the other team on cooldown.

So not only are the abilities/resources etc wasted, it is valuable time in which the rest of your team is smashing all kinds of damage onto the other team for free. Which helps the fact that Uther doesn't really deal all that much damage himself (and you should be putting your stun and your other heals/shields/cleanse etc to use in the meanwhile).

Having a hero like Kerrigan or Butcher all up in your shit with DS on them is a nightmare to deal with - all you can do is run away or try to ignore them (which is hard since they are still damaging you while you cannot damage them) and at the same time you're being hit by their ranged dps, AND having to deal with a tank disrupting you as well.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-29 08:59:19
December 29 2015 08:59 GMT
#533
I guess the problem with Diablo is that it's the go-to warrior of people who have no idea how to play warrior but know he is "meta". Got one the other day who died 17 times in HL. We won but it's a tiny bit too much, even if trading yourself can be ok with Diablo.

Ok for the not-baldy-bearded-one, he was on my radar TBH but 5 more hotkeys is a tiny bit too much to handle. About Divine Shield I remember reading about it from CarlTheLlama, it's very interesting as most people use it as a Divine Palm thingy (I thought it was like that too).
Guess I'll have to train with Uther ASAP.

Harris1st > Good idea but I used to play only high mobility/high rythm heroes (BW, Nova, Murky, Illidan, Falstad...) so I just cannot play Morales or Malfurion, they don't fit with my personnality at all and I suck with them.

Thanks guys for your advices. I'll go train with Uther. :-)
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-29 09:57:25
December 29 2015 09:56 GMT
#534
On December 29 2015 17:59 Leolio wrote:
I guess the problem with Diablo is that it's the go-to warrior of people who have no idea how to play warrior but know he is "meta". Got one the other day who died 17 times in HL. We won but it's a tiny bit too much, even if trading yourself can be ok with Diablo.

Ok for the not-baldy-bearded-one, he was on my radar TBH but 5 more hotkeys is a tiny bit too much to handle. About Divine Shield I remember reading about it from CarlTheLlama, it's very interesting as most people use it as a Divine Palm thingy (I thought it was like that too).
Guess I'll have to train with Uther ASAP.

Harris1st > Good idea but I used to play only high mobility/high rythm heroes (BW, Nova, Murky, Illidan, Falstad...) so I just cannot play Morales or Malfurion, they don't fit with my personnality at all and I suck with them.

Thanks guys for your advices. I'll go train with Uther. :-)


Try out the Holy Radiance build...basically W talents on 4 and 7. It's really good on maps like Cursed Hollow, Towers of Doom, Infernal Shrines, and it feels like you have so much more healing because your W will connect with like the ENTIRE team. Less buttons to deal with, but equally effective.

Sidenote: Thank you, Larkin, that was very well put. I was trying to find the words, but blahhhhh haha.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-29 10:15:05
December 29 2015 10:11 GMT
#535
I found it a good challenge (if somewhat difficult at first) to go for full utility Uther.
Protective Shield on 4, Cleanse on 7, Shrink Ray on 13 and Benediction on 16.
Yes, it's a lot of buttons and it isn't an easy way to play Uther but damn can you save an ally from certain death with that.
Feels so good when you managed to keep everyone alive in a teamfight with just a scrap of health.

At the same time, bad Uthers are so so cringe worthy, going for horrible talents and just not healing much of anything.
I wouldn't recommend Uther for newcomers unless they're being guided. Malfurion or Li Li would be much better for newcomers trying to play healer.

As for Divine Shield usage, for me it depends on what I get in QM/HL.
It doesn't take long to recognize if you've got a player in the team that likes to yolo into the enemy team or if you've actually got a decent melee assassin. Unless the latter is the case, I usually find it better to use Divine Shield on someone that's in the middle of the fight getting nuked but before they start to run away so that it still negates a lot of damage.
Of course, sometimes you just have to use it to save that Kael'Thas trying to go ham on his own.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
December 29 2015 10:48 GMT
#536
I think I'll be starting (I'll play a lot today) with John's advice, and when I feel confident I'll start implementing more keys. Not to mention the Shield and Cleanse are the 2 most "difficult" to use.
I also think I'll go for Thezzy's advice in QM, training with lots of keys. I understand almost noone goes for storm shield (though I love it with BW / ETC / Tyrande), so that's 1 less key.

Both ways will be interesting in short term and long term results.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
January 16 2016 22:40 GMT
#537
When can vikings safely take a hard camp level wise?
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-17 00:07:21
January 17 2016 00:06 GMT
#538
On January 17 2016 07:40 ThomasjServo wrote:
When can vikings safely take a hard camp level wise?


Need more information to answer completely. If you take Mercenary Lord, basically anytime after level 4.

Otherwise, it's a question of how many Vikings you send and which ones and whether or not you have Bribe, etc. Usually I send Olaf/Baelog with 2 stacks of Bribe (~level 7+) to do Knight camps and bribe the knights (not the wizard). It's easier to do on Diablo maps because you only need one Bribe stack for the Shaman; in fact, it's easier to do a hard camp than an easy camp as Vikings on those map. It's typically not great to send all 3 Vikings to one camp if you can help it.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
January 17 2016 03:00 GMT
#539
On January 17 2016 09:06 SC2John wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2016 07:40 ThomasjServo wrote:
When can vikings safely take a hard camp level wise?


Need more information to answer completely. If you take Mercenary Lord, basically anytime after level 4.

Otherwise, it's a question of how many Vikings you send and which ones and whether or not you have Bribe, etc. Usually I send Olaf/Baelog with 2 stacks of Bribe (~level 7+) to do Knight camps and bribe the knights (not the wizard). It's easier to do on Diablo maps because you only need one Bribe stack for the Shaman; in fact, it's easier to do a hard camp than an easy camp as Vikings on those map. It's typically not great to send all 3 Vikings to one camp if you can help it.

It was a poorly phrased way to put it, I've been shying away from merc lord, but I see its use a bit more clearly now. Pain Don't Hurt because I find myself watching Baelog more than Eric or Olaf for whatever reason.

Do you know how many minions equals one stack of Viking Bribery? I also saw that you used to be able to assign 5 as a hot key for control group that isn't all 3 but it was bugged out or patched out if I read correctly? Is that the case or am I mistaken.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 17 2016 03:37 GMT
#540
What are opinions on Greymane?
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 240
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm103
League of Legends
Doublelift3625
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0302
crisheroes289
ToD277
Livibee195
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1087
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 42
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 15
• Sammyuel 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur670
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 5m
Replay Cast
1h 5m
OSC
14h 5m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.