• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:08
CEST 21:08
KST 04:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9369 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 18

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 162 Next
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 20:19:06
November 12 2013 20:18 GMT
#341
On November 13 2013 03:27 Grubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 20:58 Derrida wrote:
So, I've begun playing yesterday. Unlocked 20/20 cards for mage, warrior, and priest decks. Put together my own deck, started playing constructed, got to gold 3 in a couple of hours. but now i get matched vs people who have crazy rare cards where I have zero rare cards in my deck because the packs i opened gave rares in druid/shaman. last game i was matched against a dude who had stuff like defender of argus, blizzard, vaporize, ethereal arcanist etc. what do i do at this point?

I don't feel comfortable enough to go arena because I don't know the game enough yet. How do I obtain cards? Do I suck it up and keep playing vs much better decks in constructed?


No one can tell you how you or anyone should enjoy the game, but you may find it interesting to compare opinions after all. Some people, myself included, find a lot of excitement in fighting as the underdog. Losing sucks, but it makes the feeling of overcoming adversity even more satisfying. "I beat that guy who had a lot of rares with a pure common deck!". But also "I earned all these rare cards by winning gold through Ladder wins and Quests", making them more worth it.

In the mean time you can use the opportunity to learn more about their cards, how their decks work, how yours works, increasing your own decision making process, etc.


*freaks out because he has been answered by the one and only GRUBSTER*
#1 Grubby Fan.
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 20:27:21
November 12 2013 20:24 GMT
#342
why does mind vision allways steal their lowest cost card ?

it says it copies a random card.. but i allways get the lowest cost card they have in hand.....
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 12 2013 21:22 GMT
#343
Selective memory?

In all honesty, Mind Vision is a bad constructed card. Your constructed deck should be finely tuned, and focused on a strategy. Grabbing a random card from a random deck that probably has nothing to do with your deck, with a small chance of getting a real winner, is a poor card slot. Even worse is that it's a HORRIBLE top deck when both players are playing all their cards.

Yes, there are times where you get something really cool out of a Mind Vision. But there will be lots of times where you mind vision a Coin or a random 3/2 he held in hand, and then you ask yourself "Was I not better off just putting a strong, consistent card here in the first place??" For example, if you copy a strong 4-6 mana card, then in a properly built deck you should be getting your own 4-6 mana cards when you can cast them anyway.

Mind Vision and Thoughtsteal are way better in arena because 1) your deck is a hodgepodge of cards anyway, so grabbing strong cards from your opponent improves your hand, 2) the two cards you passed for Mind Vision / Thoughtsteal were probably bad, or you wouldn't have picked these cards, 3) you get valuable information on which cards your opponent has, while he has no idea what new options you just picked up for yourself.
ChEDo
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada310 Posts
November 12 2013 22:04 GMT
#344
How long does it take to get promoted from 2 Star Gold to 3 star?
I won about 70% of my games yesterday and today. Also today I had a 5-6 game win streak.
Does it usually take a long time?
Vorenius
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark1979 Posts
November 12 2013 22:08 GMT
#345
On November 13 2013 07:04 ChEDo wrote:
How long does it take to get promoted from 2 Star Gold to 3 star?
I won about 70% of my games yesterday and today. Also today I had a 5-6 game win streak.
Does it usually take a long time?

Anywhere from 1 to many.

I got promoted every win untill somehwere in Plat, and I've seen people say they got 3star master after like 30 games. It seems to be somewhat random, possibly related to mmr.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 12 2013 22:33 GMT
#346
If it's anything like other Blizzard games, it depends on how many games you've played. The more games you've played (up to a certain amount), the more "stable" your MMR is, and the less each game means moves your MMR (up or down).

It took me 28 games to 3star master, with 4 losses and a couple of d/c's, but I had played tons of unranked constructed and had a very solid deck before I started ranked. That means I won the vast majority of my games, when each game was heavily affecting my MMR, so I rose in rank quickly. If I had practiced with ranked from the start, I imagine it would take quite a few games games to move a rank in either direction because my MMR would have stabilized at a fairly low rating, and lowly going up.
ChEDo
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada310 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 22:44:32
November 12 2013 22:44 GMT
#347
Hmmm I guess, my mmr is stable since I afked and lost tons of game

Too much LoL
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
November 12 2013 22:44 GMT
#348
On November 13 2013 07:33 Sandster wrote:
If it's anything like other Blizzard games, it depends on how many games you've played. The more games you've played (up to a certain amount), the more "stable" your MMR is, and the less each game means moves your MMR (up or down).

It took me 28 games to 3star master, with 4 losses and a couple of d/c's, but I had played tons of unranked constructed and had a very solid deck before I started ranked. That means I won the vast majority of my games, when each game was heavily affecting my MMR, so I rose in rank quickly. If I had practiced with ranked from the start, I imagine it would take quite a few games games to move a rank in either direction because my MMR would have stabilized at a fairly low rating, and lowly going up.


That's the mistake I made I guess, went straight to ranked play with not even full basic card set. Well I don't mind its fun as hell to play even with the loses
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 22:51:04
November 12 2013 22:48 GMT
#349
On November 13 2013 07:33 Sandster wrote:
If it's anything like other Blizzard games, it depends on how many games you've played. The more games you've played (up to a certain amount), the more "stable" your MMR is, and the less each game means moves your MMR (up or down).

It took me 28 games to 3star master, with 4 losses and a couple of d/c's, but I had played tons of unranked constructed and had a very solid deck before I started ranked. That means I won the vast majority of my games, when each game was heavily affecting my MMR, so I rose in rank quickly. If I had practiced with ranked from the start, I imagine it would take quite a few games games to move a rank in either direction because my MMR would have stabilized at a fairly low rating, and lowly going up.


That's why I'm not bothering with ranked until I get a near-ideal deck to rank up with. Otherwise, I could still make progress to Masters 1 star level (abouts) but would start plateauing my MMR and weighting it at Masters 1 MMR unnecessarily. If I wait, I should have the least amount of wins required to get to Masters 3.

Basically, I figured this was the best way when I started ranking with a fully-free Mage deck and encountered my first loss against a heavy legendary deck (he had 3 legendaries out by turn 6...). I figured that even though I could make low Masters with the deck, I would have lost quite a few matches to decks with superior cards that would take significant amount of wins to make up for.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
November 12 2013 22:57 GMT
#350
no man im serious i get their lowest cost card everytime i play mind vision im not joking you should try it.. its not random at all.. and im just concerned other stuff in game are not random also lol
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
November 12 2013 23:34 GMT
#351
yeah i've been sitting at 2 star diamond for days, winning ~80%. seems random or i'm playing bads
The universe created an audience for itself.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 23:44:24
November 12 2013 23:41 GMT
#352
On November 13 2013 08:34 Mortal wrote:
yeah i've been sitting at 2 star diamond for days, winning ~80%. seems random or i'm playing bads


I had a theory that since the player pool was small and the beta isn't finished unranked might be effecting your ranked mmr. I generally do daily quests with shit decks or goofy random stuff or just generally leave games earlier than i would normally in unranked and when I went back to ranked to 'grind' up on my real deck, it took me a 26-2 run to progress from 2 star diamond to 3 star. Perhaps I just played horrid people the entire time for no mmr, but I don't think it's very 'official' right now.


[edit]I did tank a bit of rating at 2 star trying a basic cards only challenge to masters before giving up which could account for my egregious number of games to hit 3 star with my real deck. the jump from 2star diamond -> 3star diamond was the by far the longest promotion of any in the game from copper to m3.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
November 13 2013 08:12 GMT
#353
Is mountain giant playable in arena? Like would you ever be able to even cast it? The otherchoice is Southsea Captain, a 3/3 for 3 cost basically in my deck.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Cyroch
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany45 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-13 08:29:10
November 13 2013 08:25 GMT
#354
On November 13 2013 17:12 cascades wrote:
Is mountain giant playable in arena? Like would you ever be able to even cast it? The otherchoice is Southsea Captain, a 3/3 for 3 cost basically in my deck.


In my experience mountain giant is quite hard to play in arena. Unless you have massive card draw. Without it, I never found a chance to play him, because even when you try to save as many cards as possible (which is a bad idea btw) by the time you can actually play him you are either dead or close to it.

The Southsea captain is also usually not really an option in arena, unless you got a lot of pirates in your draft. Without the synergies it is too costly for what it does imo.

Your choice really depends on when in the draft these cards appeared. If its in the very beginning, it is an rng choice both ways, as you cannot be sure to get either pirates or card draw. If it is late in the draft, check what you have and decide.

Take with a grain of salt, I am not that experienced in the game yet.
The point of quotations is that one can use another's words to be insulting.
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
November 13 2013 08:30 GMT
#355
On November 13 2013 17:12 cascades wrote:
Is mountain giant playable in arena? Like would you ever be able to even cast it? The otherchoice is Southsea Captain, a 3/3 for 3 cost basically in my deck.

Personally i think it depends on how ur deck is going so far, if u have a ton of big drops around 5+ or alot of big spells, its pretty nice, you sometimes can get him out for 6~7 which is nice for an 8-8, even still hes kinda iffy... whats the other choice aside from the southsea captian
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-13 09:26:44
November 13 2013 09:22 GMT
#356
It's the last card in the draft, other choice is crab crap. Yeah I managed to get the 3 worst "epics" of all time. RNGG. Anyhow, am more curious about people's experience with Mountain Giant. I am SURE someone tried him out before. Like do people actually manage to get his ass out in arena?
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
November 13 2013 10:43 GMT
#357
On November 13 2013 17:12 cascades wrote:
Is mountain giant playable in arena? Like would you ever be able to even cast it? The otherchoice is Southsea Captain, a 3/3 for 3 cost basically in my deck.


Trump picked two mt giants last night for his hunter deck in arena, so its certainly playable but very situational.
#1 Grubby Fan.
HereBeDragons
Profile Joined May 2011
1429 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-13 13:13:57
November 13 2013 12:49 GMT
#358
Oops, wrong thread.
serum321
Profile Joined January 2012
United States606 Posts
November 13 2013 14:53 GMT
#359
Mind vision late game is where it really is at, people will be holding onto their big/counter cards. It could possibly give you a legendary or show your opponent is holding onto a hex/poly/silence etc. I know I got a little nervous when a priest mind visioned my hand late game and all I had was rag, avenging wrath, and aldor. Either coincidence or to back up gizmo's claim he got aldor, lol.
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
November 13 2013 15:02 GMT
#360
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 621
ProTech139
UpATreeSC 121
JuggernautJason55
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29897
Calm 2918
Shuttle 759
firebathero 155
Mini 144
Dewaltoss 119
soO 34
Hyun 29
HiyA 28
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
NaDa 20
Bale 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8289
XaKoH 341
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1599
fl0m1524
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu612
Other Games
FrodaN2959
B2W.Neo595
Beastyqt584
mouzStarbuck449
Livibee191
ToD153
C9.Mang0134
KnowMe131
RotterdaM98
Trikslyr88
Mew2King45
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1045
• Shiphtur811
• WagamamaTV241
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 7m
Replay Cast
3h 52m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.