• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:21
CEST 17:21
KST 00:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8788 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 20

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 162 Next
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
November 13 2013 21:18 GMT
#381
On November 14 2013 03:40 woodszilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You still get 10 gold for every 3 wins in arena just like you do in constructed. Arena games also count toward your daily quests.

I'm not sure that you do get the 10 gold for 3 wins in arena. I just watched Trump's stream for verification and after a win there was no pop-up for the wins count under the banner as there usually is in constructed.
Writer
woodszilla
Profile Joined November 2013
United States64 Posts
November 13 2013 21:46 GMT
#382
On November 14 2013 06:18 Valiver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 03:40 woodszilla wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You still get 10 gold for every 3 wins in arena just like you do in constructed. Arena games also count toward your daily quests.

I'm not sure that you do get the 10 gold for 3 wins in arena. I just watched Trump's stream for verification and after a win there was no pop-up for the wins count under the banner as there usually is in constructed.


Hmm that's wierd I could have sworn I saw it pop up last night when I was playing.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
November 13 2013 22:58 GMT
#383
Has anyone tried HS on Windows 8/8.1 touchscreen yet?
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
November 13 2013 23:18 GMT
#384
Pretty cool discussion on Arena guys. What if they let you bet on your deck (with gold) after you have constructed it for extra rewards?
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
serum321
Profile Joined January 2012
United States606 Posts
November 13 2013 23:27 GMT
#385
What do you lose if you don't earn the amount of wins you bet? 1-5 of your rewards depending how far off you were? Or can you only bet an amount of gold you have?
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
November 13 2013 23:32 GMT
#386
Think of it like poker. You can raise past you're 150g fee (with gold funds you already have) with your 'gold bet'. Maybe your winnings scale on the # of wins? Something like:

0 wins = 0% of gold bet back.
...
5 wins = 100% of gold bet back.
6 wins = 125%
7 wins = 150%
8 wins = 200%
9 wins = 250% of your gold bet back

This is just one of the many ways it could be implemented.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
Cyroch
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany45 Posts
November 14 2013 04:46 GMT
#387
On November 14 2013 06:00 Reaps wrote:
Is Arena ranked in any way? Or can a bronze guy get matched up with masters + ?


The ingame texts seem to indicate that your MMR is used for Arena matchmaking, too. So you should get someone close to you in skill.
Don't know if Arena play influences your MMR tho.
The point of quotations is that one can use another's words to be insulting.
FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
November 14 2013 09:25 GMT
#388
On November 14 2013 06:18 Valiver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 03:40 woodszilla wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You still get 10 gold for every 3 wins in arena just like you do in constructed. Arena games also count toward your daily quests.

I'm not sure that you do get the 10 gold for 3 wins in arena. I just watched Trump's stream for verification and after a win there was no pop-up for the wins count under the banner as there usually is in constructed.


You can fullfill some of the daily quests when playing arena in the current patch, but the 10 gold per 3 wins does not apply.
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
PushDown
Profile Joined December 2011
Italy208 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-14 10:40:09
November 14 2013 10:36 GMT
#389
On November 14 2013 13:46 Cyroch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 06:00 Reaps wrote:
Is Arena ranked in any way? Or can a bronze guy get matched up with masters + ?


The ingame texts seem to indicate that your MMR is used for Arena matchmaking, too. So you should get someone close to you in skill.
Don't know if Arena play influences your MMR tho.

I'm really not sure on this one, the first match in arena is usually a free-win for me. Only expection when I play someone with a "constructed" deck. The more you win, the more you get matched against ppl that have your same winning ratio.

I'm talking from personal experience so I can't be a 100% sure but the fact that after 6, 7 wins I start fighting better decks/players is a given. Also, it happened a couple of times that I ended up fighiting the same player twice in an arena. It usually happens when I lose a match at the start and on the way to 9-1 I meet the player again. So I can guess that the player that beat me has a very high win ratio in this arena and because I'm at 7-1 or 8-1 the game matches me against him. Just my personal speculation.

Also while it's true that you can have an arena medal atm it has no value and it can't be downgraded. So the moment you hit 9 wins you get the GranMaster medal (which is currently impossible to get on constructed).
Cogito ergo sum
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
November 14 2013 11:59 GMT
#390
Are they going to add an ingame chat anytime in the future..? I heard they are not Would be such a shame if they don't.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
November 14 2013 13:12 GMT
#391
Pretty sure their intention is to never have ingame chat with strangers.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
woodszilla
Profile Joined November 2013
United States64 Posts
November 14 2013 17:33 GMT
#392
On November 14 2013 18:25 FetTerBender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 06:18 Valiver wrote:
On November 14 2013 03:40 woodszilla wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You still get 10 gold for every 3 wins in arena just like you do in constructed. Arena games also count toward your daily quests.

I'm not sure that you do get the 10 gold for 3 wins in arena. I just watched Trump's stream for verification and after a win there was no pop-up for the wins count under the banner as there usually is in constructed.


You can fullfill some of the daily quests when playing arena in the current patch, but the 10 gold per 3 wins does not apply.


Yea I think I must have had a "win 3 games with any class quest" which i completed in arena and just clicked through it to fast for it to fully register in my brain. Sorry for the misinformation.
woodszilla
Profile Joined November 2013
United States64 Posts
November 14 2013 17:36 GMT
#393
On November 14 2013 20:59 Reaps wrote:
Are they going to add an ingame chat anytime in the future..? I heard they are not Would be such a shame if they don't.


I wish they would at least add a few more emotes. I need a better way to display my frustration or amusement. Just a LOL and a 'You gotta be kidding me' would be cool.
Supah
Profile Joined August 2010
708 Posts
November 14 2013 21:22 GMT
#394
I have a really hard time playing against Priests in constructed, considering just how many straight up removals they have with SW, SW:D, and MC. It's not like a lot of the other cards that deal damage or do it based on a minion's health, but it's just "Card X with Y attack is now dead." Just general advice in playing against a Priest (it seems classes with Weapons fare a lot better, but I've been trying to get proficient with a Druid.. which is rough against all the Priest/Mages) would be great.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 14 2013 21:50 GMT
#395
On November 15 2013 02:36 woodszilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 20:59 Reaps wrote:
Are they going to add an ingame chat anytime in the future..? I heard they are not Would be such a shame if they don't.


I wish they would at least add a few more emotes. I need a better way to display my frustration or amusement. Just a LOL and a 'You gotta be kidding me' would be cool.


Oh just think of the possibilities if emotes were rewards.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
November 14 2013 22:10 GMT
#396
On November 15 2013 06:50 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 02:36 woodszilla wrote:
On November 14 2013 20:59 Reaps wrote:
Are they going to add an ingame chat anytime in the future..? I heard they are not Would be such a shame if they don't.


I wish they would at least add a few more emotes. I need a better way to display my frustration or amusement. Just a LOL and a 'You gotta be kidding me' would be cool.


Oh just think of the possibilities if emotes were rewards.

not rewards but for sale! blizzards gotta make that money
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
serum321
Profile Joined January 2012
United States606 Posts
November 14 2013 22:17 GMT
#397
On November 15 2013 06:50 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 02:36 woodszilla wrote:
On November 14 2013 20:59 Reaps wrote:
Are they going to add an ingame chat anytime in the future..? I heard they are not Would be such a shame if they don't.


I wish they would at least add a few more emotes. I need a better way to display my frustration or amusement. Just a LOL and a 'You gotta be kidding me' would be cool.


Oh just think of the possibilities if emotes were rewards.

I'd pay money for a "Clever Girl" emote!

There really does need to be something along the lines of a "you got lucky" emote. For example, I played a game last night mage vs mage in arena. They had an ooze and fairie dragon out. I cast arcane missles and it killed the dragon and hit the ooze once so I was able to just ping it and kill it. I got very lucky.

Also saw this one on the forums who stole it from some show, but there should be a table flip emote. A version of concede that just flips the board over and sends cards flying so you can use it when your opponent topdecks that one card or does something equally table flip worthy.
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
November 14 2013 22:36 GMT
#398
On November 15 2013 07:17 serum321 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 06:50 Sandster wrote:
On November 15 2013 02:36 woodszilla wrote:
On November 14 2013 20:59 Reaps wrote:
Are they going to add an ingame chat anytime in the future..? I heard they are not Would be such a shame if they don't.


I wish they would at least add a few more emotes. I need a better way to display my frustration or amusement. Just a LOL and a 'You gotta be kidding me' would be cool.


Oh just think of the possibilities if emotes were rewards.

I'd pay money for a "Clever Girl" emote!

There really does need to be something along the lines of a "you got lucky" emote. For example, I played a game last night mage vs mage in arena. They had an ooze and fairie dragon out. I cast arcane missles and it killed the dragon and hit the ooze once so I was able to just ping it and kill it. I got very lucky.

Also saw this one on the forums who stole it from some show, but there should be a table flip emote. A version of concede that just flips the board over and sends cards flying so you can use it when your opponent topdecks that one card or does something equally table flip worthy.

Wow some kind of rage-quit emote would be awesome.
Writer
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-14 23:52:47
November 14 2013 23:51 GMT
#399
On November 15 2013 06:22 Supah wrote:
I have a really hard time playing against Priests in constructed, considering just how many straight up removals they have with SW, SW:D, and MC. It's not like a lot of the other cards that deal damage or do it based on a minion's health, but it's just "Card X with Y attack is now dead." Just general advice in playing against a Priest (it seems classes with Weapons fare a lot better, but I've been trying to get proficient with a Druid.. which is rough against all the Priest/Mages) would be great.


protip: use cards or buff them to 4 attack power.. and after priest gets 8 crystals make sure you can deal with one of your units getting mc'd

i use priest deck and follow the same principle, never lost vs priest lol
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
November 15 2013 13:59 GMT
#400
I love playing Blue control in Magic the Gathering, which hero would be the closest to this play style?
.:RoS:.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 562
SteadfastSC 232
ProTech123
Rex 62
CosmosSc2 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42622
Calm 3571
Jaedong 2018
Shuttle 1789
Horang2 744
Soma 703
Mini 671
EffOrt 562
Rush 298
Soulkey 296
[ Show more ]
Stork 289
Larva 286
ZerO 242
BeSt 240
Snow 212
firebathero 128
Mong 112
Zeus 81
hero 78
910 73
Mind 70
Free 48
Hyun 48
Yoon 44
Pusan 38
sorry 38
Shinee 36
Shine 35
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Killer 25
PianO 25
JYJ 22
Aegong 18
Bale 17
Sexy 16
Terrorterran 15
HiyA 14
Hm[arnc] 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5625
Dendi1135
420jenkins173
Counter-Strike
fl0m3443
Fnx 621
x6flipin236
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King116
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2174
Liquid`RaSZi918
hiko689
B2W.Neo555
dupreeh360
ceh9328
crisheroes252
Khaldor240
TKL 227
Livibee197
QueenE87
Trikslyr87
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 704
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH278
• mYiSmile114
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV320
League of Legends
• Nemesis2360
• Jankos1583
• TFBlade611
Other Games
• Shiphtur709
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
39m
The PondCast
18h 39m
INu's Battles
19h 39m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.