• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:55
CEST 00:55
KST 07:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6586 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 19

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 162 Next
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 13 2013 15:09 GMT
#361
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
November 13 2013 15:13 GMT
#362
i think most people play Arena because they like it more. If i had enough gold, I'd play only Arena, and I guess so would many others
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
tertos
Profile Joined April 2011
Romania394 Posts
November 13 2013 15:43 GMT
#363
On November 13 2013 06:22 Sandster wrote:
Selective memory?

In all honesty, Mind Vision is a bad constructed card. Your constructed deck should be finely tuned, and focused on a strategy. Grabbing a random card from a random deck that probably has nothing to do with your deck, with a small chance of getting a real winner, is a poor card slot. Even worse is that it's a HORRIBLE top deck when both players are playing all their cards.

Yes, there are times where you get something really cool out of a Mind Vision. But there will be lots of times where you mind vision a Coin or a random 3/2 he held in hand, and then you ask yourself "Was I not better off just putting a strong, consistent card here in the first place??" For example, if you copy a strong 4-6 mana card, then in a properly built deck you should be getting your own 4-6 mana cards when you can cast them anyway.

Mind Vision and Thoughtsteal are way better in arena because 1) your deck is a hodgepodge of cards anyway, so grabbing strong cards from your opponent improves your hand, 2) the two cards you passed for Mind Vision / Thoughtsteal were probably bad, or you wouldn't have picked these cards, 3) you get valuable information on which cards your opponent has, while he has no idea what new options you just picked up for yourself.



I half agree to the fact that mind vision is a bad draw when top decking.
Half agree because your opponent has to be top decking too to make it bad.

However the fact that you FIND OUT one of your opponent cards is invaluable.
Playing it on turn 1 is awesome. 1 mana for knowing one of your opponent starting hand is priceless.
In case you drawing dry its a high possibility that your opponent is providing you with the means of a decent start.

1 mana means you can play that 1 odd mana remaining when you have a decently full hand.

when played beyond turn 7-9 and both players are kinda top-decking with 2-3 cards in hand is a HIGH chance you get a top card like mind control, pyro blast, or a legendary he's been holding back.
When your opponent has zero cards in hand and no creature on deck and he does not play the card that he just drew,
Thats the moment you have been waiting for. That card is either a good removal tool, or a high mana cost card.

If you are ever in the position of in desperate need of top-decking than your deck is the problem not the card.

This card has it's place in a drawn out control deck where you draw more cards than your opponent.


The situations where Mind vision is not that great, only half good is when you play it against murloc and hunter UTH decks.
And it's only half good because you have half the chance of getting a creature without synergies.









I was born this way
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
November 13 2013 15:53 GMT
#364
Does Mind Vision still copy coin?

its pretty bad when that happens.
WriterXiao8~~
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
November 13 2013 16:08 GMT
#365
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You aren't "losing out" at all. I have been buying packs here and there lately. I only have time for an arena every 2 or 3 days so I always have plenty of gold. Was up to around 1.2k earlier so I bought a few packs.

I guess if you go 3-3 or worse every arena you might run out of money. But even an occasional decent placing combined with quests seems like enough to me.
ratbert
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1041 Posts
November 13 2013 16:11 GMT
#366
On November 14 2013 00:53 Kipsate wrote:
Does Mind Vision still copy coin?

its pretty bad when that happens.


it does still copy coin, yes. i saw that happening on ek0p's stream twice in a row yesterday and he was sooooo mad
what if Nat Pagle and RNGesus are the same person?
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
November 13 2013 16:18 GMT
#367
The coin won me a game one, MC on turn7 was the key :D
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 13 2013 16:25 GMT
#368
On November 14 2013 00:53 Kipsate wrote:
Does Mind Vision still copy coin?

its pretty bad when that happens.


Yes.

Like I said, Mind Vision is great in Arena because you find out what they hold, and your deck isn't tightly tuned.

But in constructed, you shouldn't fill 2 card slots for a chance at getting a good card, when you could have just put 2 good cards in that slot to begin with. Need low mana minions? Mid-high range minions? Removal? Card draw? Put those in your deck, instead of wasting the slot on a VERY situational card.

If you're waiting until turn 5-7 to cast Mind Vision and hope for a good card, then shouldn't be including a 5-7drop that can impact the game the way you want?
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 13 2013 16:26 GMT
#369
On November 14 2013 01:08 Jonoman92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You aren't "losing out" at all. I have been buying packs here and there lately. I only have time for an arena every 2 or 3 days so I always have plenty of gold. Was up to around 1.2k earlier so I bought a few packs.

I guess if you go 3-3 or worse every arena you might run out of money. But even an occasional decent placing combined with quests seems like enough to me.


I'm just saying that everyone says arena is a strictly better use of gold (assuming you are indifferent between constructed and arena), when it's not true.
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
November 13 2013 16:35 GMT
#370
I used a mind vision last night and it gave me a spellbreaker, so not only did that tell me that he had a silence available, which is very important to my next play, but it also gave me a silence. Not always reliable but sometimes that card helps so much.
I definitely agree with what was said earlier about late game use though: stealing that card that your opponent is saving as a counter or finisher can turn the tides fast.
Writer
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
November 13 2013 16:42 GMT
#371
On November 14 2013 01:26 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 01:08 Jonoman92 wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You aren't "losing out" at all. I have been buying packs here and there lately. I only have time for an arena every 2 or 3 days so I always have plenty of gold. Was up to around 1.2k earlier so I bought a few packs.

I guess if you go 3-3 or worse every arena you might run out of money. But even an occasional decent placing combined with quests seems like enough to me.


I'm just saying that everyone says arena is a strictly better use of gold (assuming you are indifferent between constructed and arena), when it's not true.


Oh yeah, I actually didn't mean to quote your post, just the one inside it. I agree with you.
Ambrosia_
Profile Joined October 2013
20 Posts
November 13 2013 17:07 GMT
#372
On November 14 2013 01:42 Jonoman92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 01:26 Sandster wrote:
On November 14 2013 01:08 Jonoman92 wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You aren't "losing out" at all. I have been buying packs here and there lately. I only have time for an arena every 2 or 3 days so I always have plenty of gold. Was up to around 1.2k earlier so I bought a few packs.

I guess if you go 3-3 or worse every arena you might run out of money. But even an occasional decent placing combined with quests seems like enough to me.


I'm just saying that everyone says arena is a strictly better use of gold (assuming you are indifferent between constructed and arena), when it's not true.


Oh yeah, I actually didn't mean to quote your post, just the one inside it. I agree with you.

If you do well enough then actually arena is definitely strictly better. Averaging 7 wins means that your arena run nets you at LEAST 100g of value (you lose 0 gold and get 1 pack, valued at 100g). Getting 100g of value in constructed requires 30 wins, so at the absolute best case scenario for constructed, it requires 3 times as many games played. Hows that for opportunity cost?
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
November 13 2013 17:23 GMT
#373
Well, the point that phyvo and myself were making is that if you are an amazing individual (such as myself) who always have extra gold lying around may as well buy some packs if you can always afford an arena entry when you feel like it because the limiting factor is time to play arena, not gold to enter it. Of course, perhaps gold will have an alternative use in the future, but currently it's only for packs or arena entry.
Talron
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany7651 Posts
November 13 2013 17:29 GMT
#374
Anyone having a suggestion on what I should do with my silenced totems? Enemies often save their silences just for my Manatide or Flametongue and then they simply stand there being useless for the rest of the game. I also can't sacrifice them for anything, since they have 0 attack. Would be nice to hear some suggestions.
EHOME 2010 never forget EHOME.GIGABYTE.AAA B-God In BurNing we trust BurNing your soul DK 2011-2014
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
November 13 2013 17:38 GMT
#375
Panda them back to your hand or find a way to get them buffed so they have an attack.
Ambrosia_
Profile Joined October 2013
20 Posts
November 13 2013 17:40 GMT
#376
On November 14 2013 02:23 Jonoman92 wrote:
Well, the point that phyvo and myself were making is that if you are an amazing individual (such as myself) who always have extra gold lying around may as well buy some packs if you can always afford an arena entry when you feel like it because the limiting factor is time to play arena, not gold to enter it. Of course, perhaps gold will have an alternative use in the future, but currently it's only for packs or arena entry.

Oh well of course if your gold gain is positive no matter how much you play then you should spend it on packs. Sorry I guess I misinterpretted the context here.

You know what they really should do though, is higher stakes arena games. Like 300-500 gold a run with better rewards.
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
November 13 2013 18:15 GMT
#377
On November 14 2013 02:29 Talron wrote:
Anyone having a suggestion on what I should do with my silenced totems? Enemies often save their silences just for my Manatide or Flametongue and then they simply stand there being useless for the rest of the game. I also can't sacrifice them for anything, since they have 0 attack. Would be nice to hear some suggestions.

If they are silenced with 0 attack there is nothing you can do with them unless you give them some attack boost. Bloodlust, rockbiter, another flametongue, defender of argus, dark iron dwarf, shattered sun cleric, or anything to buff their attack will make them useful. Or do as someone else said above and brewmaster if that is an option. Otherwise they just sit there and look pretty.
Writer
woodszilla
Profile Joined November 2013
United States64 Posts
November 13 2013 18:40 GMT
#378
On November 14 2013 00:09 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2013 00:02 phyvo wrote:
How much am I "losing out" on if I buy packs with gold rather than continuing my arena runs? Between being steady with arena and quest rewards in my limited playtime my gold just keeps on going up and up (915 now with 3 quests to do and an arena already bought) but it just feels like arena takes forever and IDK if I want to rely on it to get all my cards.


No one talks about opportunity costs when playing Arena. They just see 150g = pack + often more than 50g worth of rewards. But you spend a looong time to draft and play 3-12 arena games, time that gets you exactly 0g compared to the 3.3g/win in constructed.


You still get 10 gold for every 3 wins in arena just like you do in constructed. Arena games also count toward your daily quests.
Talron
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany7651 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-13 20:09:59
November 13 2013 20:09 GMT
#379
Thanks for the advices randombum and Valiver. I am running a control Shaman deck, without any legendaries tho. I just don't know what I should switch for some of the Pandas, but I'll figure it out somehow.
EHOME 2010 never forget EHOME.GIGABYTE.AAA B-God In BurNing we trust BurNing your soul DK 2011-2014
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
November 13 2013 21:00 GMT
#380
Is Arena ranked in any way? Or can a bronze guy get matched up with masters + ?
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 218
Nina 153
SpeCial 82
ViBE77
Nathanias 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12429
Artosis 539
NaDa 29
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever318
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Mew2King96
Other Games
summit1g5453
Grubby2695
Liquid`RaSZi1834
shahzam748
WinterStarcraft447
C9.Mang0264
JimRising 264
Trikslyr29
JuggernautJason5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick109
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• musti20045 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie781
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 5m
INu's Battles
12h 5m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 5m
OSC
23h 20m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.