• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8857 users

Forum Improvement - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
January 04 2009 00:32 GMT
#61
On January 04 2009 09:31 Kwark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2009 09:28 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On January 04 2009 07:51 ahrara_ wrote:
On January 04 2009 07:21 Luddite wrote:
On January 04 2009 05:25 AdamBanks wrote:
Ugh another one of these purges. These things do little to improve the quality of posting here rather it just turns into finger pointing, name calling and then temp bans. Its good that you are trying to improve post quality, but your method (or lack thereof) has not the effects you desire and quiet possibily detracts from the quality of disscussion on the forum.

We should have a good ol fashioned witch hunt where everybody just submits names of anyone they want banned. Mob justice FTW.

wanna bet the first nominee is someone whose name starts with 'r' and has seven letters


Damn this one's hard, I still can't figure it out

raithed


Oh touché
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-04 00:37:44
January 04 2009 00:36 GMT
#62
On January 04 2009 09:22 mahnini wrote:
martyr's aren't supposed to come back to life though

LMAO!!! The ban is for a week(at least until they see your new account GearitUP2 and your respose) and was made by Kennigit. Pretty much he said quit while your ahead and learn respect. Anyways, forum cleaning is always a good thing. I don't really start threads because it would probably be low quality. Xd Gogo Manifesto!
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-04 01:46:21
January 04 2009 00:38 GMT
#63
this really means a lot to you doesn't it?
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
January 04 2009 00:40 GMT
#64
I must say GearitUP2 is right :S
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-04 00:51:50
January 04 2009 00:46 GMT
#65
On January 04 2009 09:20 GearitUP2 wrote:
I was banned due to your big ego and little dick, you can dish out everything in the world but as soon as a couple people (albeit these low-post-counts infidels) favor my side and dont think your correct, look what happens... people get banned for no reason what so ever.

Actually, you were banned because you were a terrible poster.

On January 04 2009 09:20 GearitUP2 wrote:
Respect is earned not given freely. See you when my ban is done xD. How long is that by the way?

Forever, now that you used a second account to dodge your ban.

On January 04 2009 09:20 GearitUP2 wrote:I wasn't given a PM as to why I was banned... I wasn't given a PM as to how long the ban is for?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696

On January 04 2009 09:20 GearitUP2 wrote:
Oh well thanks for throwing around the ban hammer and proving my point, I feel like such a Martyr

I'm glad you're enjoying your permaban too.
But why?
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
January 04 2009 00:49 GMT
#66
I think some mod is smurfing here to make the point about bad posting. GearitUP has been a better example of what not to do than any idiot could do by themselves. My faith in humanity forces me to hope he's not serious.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 04 2009 00:52 GMT
#67
What it boils down to is shitty posters don't end up with 1000+ posts. If they have that many posts, it's for a reason. Members like incontrol or IdrA can be incendiary from time to time but they're damn valuable posters. Funny guys, good posters, and they contribute a lot. So of course they get a bit of wiggle room.

I mean, look at Manifesto's analogy. When you have very few posts don't go blazing into a topic calling a mod/admin/high post count user an asshole/dickhead/idiot, unless you want to be kicked out. You're a guest in their home, but if you're polite and contribute before long you might just be more than a guest.

"Now you said I should respect the rules given to me? I have, Havent broken one yet. I was banned due to your big ego and little dick, you can dish out everything in the world but as soon as a couple people (albeit these low-post-counts infidels) favor my side and dont think your correct, look what happens... people get banned for no reason what so ever. So really check your own arrogant attitude not mine

Respect is earned not given freely. See you when my ban is done xD. How long is that by the way? I wasn't given a PM as to why I was banned... I wasn't given a PM as to how long the ban is for? Oh well thanks for throwing around the ban hammer and proving my point, I feel like such a Martyr"

saying bullshit like this is stupid. It's obvious he knows he's an idiot and is trying to make up for it by making RaGe look bad, when he's contributed more to this site than this prick ever will. You did break the rules, you acted like a douchebag without having contributed anything.

People are just butthurt that they don't get as much attention/credit as high post count users, well obviously they don't. They shouldn't. If you want the respect stick around, and contribute. No one thinks you're cool because you can TANGO WITH THE BIG BOYS.
RIP Aaliyah
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-04 01:14:12
January 04 2009 01:10 GMT
#68
On January 04 2009 09:49 Kwark wrote:
I think some mod is smurfing here to make the point about bad posting. GearitUP has been a better example of what not to do than any idiot could do by themselves. My faith in humanity forces me to hope he's not serious.

I've seen him in OP IRC @ bnet west, I don't think he is a smurf.

Edit@GearitUP: Rage didn't ban you, Rage doesn't even have the ability to ban people. He is staff not a mod.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
January 04 2009 01:13 GMT
#69
The problem is that we have too much quantity, not enough quality.

Ever since the IRC channel launched, there's been a steady trickle of people who post 1-liners constantly. Like they think the forum threads are an IRC channel, and that any inane comment that pops into their head should be immortalized in a zero-effort forum post.

And often times these IRC-style posters will break the conversation by having 1-on-1 chat in the midst of topic: "passive derailments" are out of control.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
January 04 2009 01:27 GMT
#70
On January 04 2009 09:20 GearitUP2 wrote:
Now you said I should respect the rules given to me? I have, Havent broken one yet. I was banned due to your big ego and little dick, you can dish out everything in the world but as soon as a couple people (albeit these low-post-counts infidels) favor my side and dont think your correct, look what happens... people get banned for no reason what so ever. So really check your own arrogant attitude not mine

Respect is earned not given freely. See you when my ban is done xD. How long is that by the way? I wasn't given a PM as to why I was banned... I wasn't given a PM as to how long the ban is for? Oh well thanks for throwing around the ban hammer and proving my point, I feel like such a Martyr


"haven't broken one yet"??
quote from the 6ht of the TL 10 commandment


+ Show Spoiler +
6. THOU SHALL RESPECT FORUM VETERANS
All other things being equal, we will give preferential treatment to site members who have been with us longer (as reflected in their post count + length of time with us as a registered member). It's a simple recognition of the quality of these people. Longevity and contribution are prized commodities around here. In a similiar vein, "known" pro/semi-pro players will also be treated with deference (yes, quite a few hang out here). Don't complain - these guys have earned it.

Remember: we ban little girly-kids all the time because they sign on thinking they can say and do whatever they want to whomever they want right from the get-go - just like they're used to doing at other sites. That attitude won't work here. That's a promise. As far as new users are concerned (i.e. anyone with less than 500 or so quality posts to their name), this site is Holy Ground. The veterans are the users who've consistently shown respect to the site and to others and that's why they're still here. Show them some respect.

In practice, this policy means a user who has 1000+ posts may be able to get away with a few minor transgressions in etiquette with just a warning. If you're at 50 posts and you try the same kind of stunt, then we may just ban you. Harsh? Yes. Unfair? Most definitely. But that's the way life is. Learn to live with it.

This also means you should think twice before calling that guy with 5000+ posts a jackass. If the guy's been with us that long, chances are YOU'RE the one being an idiot. Some battles are just not worth fighting - just move on.


like you said respect is earned, you earned your respect by calling people "big ego and little dick"? fucking hypocrite.


GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
January 04 2009 01:29 GMT
#71
I don't know how someone can lurk for years and still not have the slightest clue how TL works.
Administrator
dream-_-
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1857 Posts
January 04 2009 01:34 GMT
#72
@gearitup, no one is making you stay. TL is a private website, they can run it however they feel like.

No one wants to listen to you QQ. TL has created the best starcraft forum community by quickly weeding out the idiots for the greater good of the community.

People respect older members because if you have been with the site for 5+ years without incident chances are your posts are worhtwhile. Obviously it doesn't always work this way, but like I said you kinda gotta deal with it or leave.
Kennelie
Profile Joined December 2007
United States2296 Posts
January 04 2009 01:45 GMT
#73
On January 04 2009 10:13 HeadBangaa wrote:
The problem is that we have too much quantity, not enough quality.

Ever since the IRC channel launched, there's been a steady trickle of people who post 1-liners constantly. Like they think the forum threads are an IRC channel, and that any inane comment that pops into their head should be immortalized in a zero-effort forum post.

And often times these IRC-style posters will break the conversation by having 1-on-1 chat in the midst of topic: "passive derailments" are out of control.

Great point...good thing im never in the IRC.

On January 04 2009 10:29 SonuvBob wrote:
I don't know how someone can lurk for years and still not have the slightest clue how TL works.


I lurked for a year...This post might lead to something...
ya had ya shot kid!
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
January 04 2009 02:01 GMT
#74
People with many posts have done a lot more for this site than I ever will be able to. Sometimes you just gotta do what you can and see what happens. Earn respect don't expect it.

TL is a rare breed of forum. Please keep the quality up. I will do what I can to improve my posting and attempt to contribute in some way =)
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
January 04 2009 02:08 GMT
#75
I don't even know how to get on the IRC. Is that where all the people go during LR threads? I've been missing out. =\
Jaedong
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
January 04 2009 02:27 GMT
#76
On January 04 2009 11:08 Avidkeystamper wrote:
I don't even know how to get on the IRC. Is that where all the people go during LR threads? I've been missing out. =\

you aren't really missing out on too much, except for on rare occasions. it's a good place to be for semis/finals and TL-related streams though.
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-04 02:36:42
January 04 2009 02:36 GMT
#77
On January 04 2009 11:08 Avidkeystamper wrote:
I don't even know how to get on the IRC. Is that where all the people go during LR threads? I've been missing out. =\


Step one, click: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/41198/chatzilla-0.9.84-mz fx sm.xpi

Step two, restart FF.

Step three, click
[image loading]


That was easy
[image loading]
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
January 04 2009 02:54 GMT
#78
On January 04 2009 06:00 RaGe wrote:
The small advantages that we give to veteran users are advantages they earned. And while sometimes it may be a bit unfair, I often get the feeling that a lot of previously permbanned users and warned/tempbanned users use it as an excuse. "If I had more posts I wouldn't have been banned for that." or "There are forum regulars that post worse than me." are the worst excuses I personally can imagine for bad posting behaviour.


"Other people post worse than me" may be a lousy excuse, but I'd be willing to bet it's a common motivator. Most vets are mannered and polite, but there are those who aren't, and they do set a bad example. I feel like there's a kind of catch-22 going on here: there are people who have contributed a lot in the past, and continue to contribute, and for this reason they can get away with a lot while still being respected withinin the community. But it's easy to see this from the outside and think that they're respected because they flame or trash talk. And then you get people thinking that the way to be a respected member is by starting arguments and causing drama, and then when they get banned they feel like there's a double standard.

I doubt anyone is actually thinking "oh shit I need to be more of a forum badass and flame lots of people," but I think the power of bad examples, combined with the respect that everyone has for long-standing members, does have an effect on the way people post.

Note that I'm not attributing the majority of lousy posts to ill-mannered forum vets (and they are a rare breed) --- I suspect most bad posts are just the result of not thinking.
May the BeSt man win.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
January 04 2009 03:01 GMT
#79
On January 04 2009 10:29 SonuvBob wrote:
I don't know how someone can lurk for years and still not have the slightest clue how TL works.


A huge set of blinders, and heavy duty sunglasses.

As for how the forum is run?

I guess i classify as a "veteran" member now as I've been here since 2004, and somehow have over 1500 posts. I to my knowledge have never been warned, nor have I been banned. Have I posted some questionable things in the past, most definitely. The thing with TL is it is a community that started with a very small, close knit group for that group. It grew from there, becoming the huge community site for starcraft that it is today. Through its creation, the veteran members have me eachother(as well as some of the lurkers and newer members), given an outlet for people to express ideas and speak their mind, and provided people with the ability to play a game they love with countless people of skill.

But to maintain the quality of the site, moderators have to find the balance, be it warning people, closing threads, or bans. By keeping the forum a clean place, it maintains the credibility of the site, the community, and most importantly the principles on which the site was created.

Before people think to bash on mods, or forum vets, remember that they are the lifeblood that has kept the community going for all this time. Remember, without us, TL would not be the place it is today, or it possibly might not have continued to exist.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
strongwind
Profile Joined July 2007
United States862 Posts
January 04 2009 03:14 GMT
#80
On January 04 2009 07:49 GinNtoniC wrote:
In the spirit of preserving (restoring?) the quality of TL.net I'd like to dedicate my 1000th post to HonestTea, the author of many a good thread (such as http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=61851) and to this date my my one big idol on these forums - although i rarely ever see him anymore.

HonestTea's busy texting Chauncey Billups to come back to the Pistons. You can catch some nuggets of his wisdom in the NBA thread ^^

I do agree that the post quality does bother me sometimes, but the mods do a fairly good job of regulating it. To the low post count people, just do a little research before you hit post and you'll be fine. I'm pretty new and I haven't had a problem as long as I think before I post. I find most problems are either due to misinformation / ignorance or flamers / trolls, which can be remedied with a bit of caution and research.
Taek Bang Fighting!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 219
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4548
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu396
Other Games
Grubby2317
Beastyqt726
FrodaN715
KnowMe217
Livibee140
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 16
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 26m
Patches Events
21h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.