• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8879 users

Forum Improvement - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-04 04:28:35
January 04 2009 04:27 GMT
#81
errr

before you all bash IRC, im sure it was here MUCH LONGER than any of you realize. I've been in the IRC channel for a good number of years, and certainly not when it just started(that is to say its been around longer than even I know). I would have a very hard time believing there's any causation on behalf of the IRC channel. It has gotten worse at the same pace the forums have.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 04 2009 05:11 GMT
#82
I remember the irc channel was literally dead in early 2006
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 04 2009 06:43 GMT
#83
Okay, I rescind my comment about the forum vets becoming douchebags - I think I've got it straight now. Douchebags are becoming forum vets.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 04 2009 06:55 GMT
#84
^

hahaha actually I can't disagree with that.
Whyzguy
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada263 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-04 06:57:46
January 04 2009 06:57 GMT
#85
The flamethrower missed you by [-------] this much, Zerg_Russian. =p

I'm relatively new to the community. Honestly, I take so much more than I contribute. Not that I don't have my opinions, but more like someone shares my opinion and has already said it. What am I to do? quote and say "+1"?

I'm actually in favour of this seniority thing cuz it allows for much more chracter in posts. If everyone was newbie like myself (when can i get a new icon T_T), then posts would all be super safe... and people with massive reputations like incontrol wouldn't exist... and THAT would lower the quality of the forum.
"He who throws dirt, is losing ground." - Fortune Cookie [May 2011]
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
January 04 2009 07:03 GMT
#86
On January 04 2009 15:43 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Okay, I rescind my comment about the forum vets becoming douchebags - I think I've got it straight now. Douchebags are becoming forum vets.

I'm not following your logic...
Sometimes I disagree with what a forum vet says or does, but you still have to show respect for their views and contributions. They put a lot of EffOrt (pun intended for Hot_Bid and CJ lovers) into maintaining this site.

I feel bad that GearitUP had to go down that route and keep badmouthing the veterans. And to think he was going to host a LAN for us at Norcal with some of our beloved vets like haji, AttackZerg, SpiritoftheTUNA, and others. Now that I look back at that Norcal Lan thread, it was almost as if Mani predicted GearitUP to be banned, with him giving the last words saying how he wasn't surprised that it couldn't work out.

Speaking of Mani, lol at JeeJee's pic of the easy button. Reminded me of the video showing you giving Savior that as a present and telling him to use it as his ceremony. That was easy. XD
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 04 2009 07:11 GMT
#87
On January 04 2009 16:03 deathgod6 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2009 15:43 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Okay, I rescind my comment about the forum vets becoming douchebags - I think I've got it straight now. Douchebags are becoming forum vets.

I'm not following your logic...
Sometimes I disagree with what a forum vet says or does, but you still have to show respect for their views and contributions. They put a lot of EffOrt (pun intended for Hot_Bid and CJ lovers) into maintaining this site.

I feel bad that GearitUP had to go down that route and keep badmouthing the veterans. And to think he was going to host a LAN for us at Norcal with some of our beloved vets like haji, AttackZerg, SpiritoftheTUNA, and others. Now that I look back at that Norcal Lan thread, it was almost as if Mani predicted GearitUP to be banned, with him giving the last words saying how he wasn't surprised that it couldn't work out.

Speaking of Mani, lol at JeeJee's pic of the easy button. Reminded me of the video showing you giving Savior that as a present and telling him to use it as his ceremony. That was easy. XD

Okay, so what if you knew I used to have 2200+ posts here? Would your opinion of my opinion change any?

I dont' think you should let the status of the messenger alter the content of the message.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
January 04 2009 08:07 GMT
#88
On January 04 2009 16:11 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2009 16:03 deathgod6 wrote:
On January 04 2009 15:43 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Okay, I rescind my comment about the forum vets becoming douchebags - I think I've got it straight now. Douchebags are becoming forum vets.

I'm not following your logic...
Sometimes I disagree with what a forum vet says or does, but you still have to show respect for their views and contributions. They put a lot of EffOrt (pun intended for Hot_Bid and CJ lovers) into maintaining this site.

I feel bad that GearitUP had to go down that route and keep badmouthing the veterans. And to think he was going to host a LAN for us at Norcal with some of our beloved vets like haji, AttackZerg, SpiritoftheTUNA, and others. Now that I look back at that Norcal Lan thread, it was almost as if Mani predicted GearitUP to be banned, with him giving the last words saying how he wasn't surprised that it couldn't work out.

Speaking of Mani, lol at JeeJee's pic of the easy button. Reminded me of the video showing you giving Savior that as a present and telling him to use it as his ceremony. That was easy. XD

Okay, so what if you knew I used to have 2200+ posts here? Would your opinion of my opinion change any?

I dont' think you should let the status of the messenger alter the content of the message.


I'd probably wonder under what names you had those 2200 posts so i could remember if you were a shitty poster or not.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
January 04 2009 08:11 GMT
#89
On January 04 2009 16:11 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2009 16:03 deathgod6 wrote:
On January 04 2009 15:43 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Okay, I rescind my comment about the forum vets becoming douchebags - I think I've got it straight now. Douchebags are becoming forum vets.

I'm not following your logic...
Sometimes I disagree with what a forum vet says or does, but you still have to show respect for their views and contributions. They put a lot of EffOrt (pun intended for Hot_Bid and CJ lovers) into maintaining this site.

I feel bad that GearitUP had to go down that route and keep badmouthing the veterans. And to think he was going to host a LAN for us at Norcal with some of our beloved vets like haji, AttackZerg, SpiritoftheTUNA, and others. Now that I look back at that Norcal Lan thread, it was almost as if Mani predicted GearitUP to be banned, with him giving the last words saying how he wasn't surprised that it couldn't work out.

Speaking of Mani, lol at JeeJee's pic of the easy button. Reminded me of the video showing you giving Savior that as a present and telling him to use it as his ceremony. That was easy. XD

Okay, so what if you knew I used to have 2200+ posts here? Would your opinion of my opinion change any?

I dont' think you should let the status of the messenger alter the content of the message.


if you used to have 2200+ posts then you obviously got banned for some reason right?

why would I assume you are a worthwhile poster
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
January 04 2009 08:19 GMT
#90
He was a pretty 5hitty poster in fact!
Administrator
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
January 04 2009 08:42 GMT
#91
On January 04 2009 17:19 SonuvBob wrote:
He was a pretty 5hitty poster in fact!


It was a combo breaker
Commentator
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
January 04 2009 08:44 GMT
#92
On January 04 2009 16:11 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2009 16:03 deathgod6 wrote:
On January 04 2009 15:43 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Okay, I rescind my comment about the forum vets becoming douchebags - I think I've got it straight now. Douchebags are becoming forum vets.

I'm not following your logic...
Sometimes I disagree with what a forum vet says or does, but you still have to show respect for their views and contributions. They put a lot of EffOrt (pun intended for Hot_Bid and CJ lovers) into maintaining this site.

I feel bad that GearitUP had to go down that route and keep badmouthing the veterans. And to think he was going to host a LAN for us at Norcal with some of our beloved vets like haji, AttackZerg, SpiritoftheTUNA, and others. Now that I look back at that Norcal Lan thread, it was almost as if Mani predicted GearitUP to be banned, with him giving the last words saying how he wasn't surprised that it couldn't work out.

Speaking of Mani, lol at JeeJee's pic of the easy button. Reminded me of the video showing you giving Savior that as a present and telling him to use it as his ceremony. That was easy. XD

Okay, so what if you knew I used to have 2200+ posts here? Would your opinion of my opinion change any?

I dont' think you should let the status of the messenger alter the content of the message.

Ummm... If you had 2200+ posts, the content of my message still applies to your original post. You would still have to show respect.
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
Dutch
Profile Joined February 2006
Canada110 Posts
January 04 2009 11:00 GMT
#93
Manifesto7 I think you would be a cool guy in real life. However, on this forum I've pretty much never liked anything you say and you come off as an uptight douche bag who takes himself too seriously. Take it easy man. Everyone else keep up the good work.
Not Dutch
Dutch
Profile Joined February 2006
Canada110 Posts
January 04 2009 11:01 GMT
#94
Oh ya and fakesteve shouldnt be a moderator he is a faggot. Nony as moderator is good. Back in the day I never liked him thought he was a faggot but lately he has come off as pretty cool.
Not Dutch
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
January 04 2009 11:12 GMT
#95
On January 04 2009 07:51 ahrara_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2009 07:21 Luddite wrote:
On January 04 2009 05:25 AdamBanks wrote:
Ugh another one of these purges. These things do little to improve the quality of posting here rather it just turns into finger pointing, name calling and then temp bans. Its good that you are trying to improve post quality, but your method (or lack thereof) has not the effects you desire and quiet possibily detracts from the quality of disscussion on the forum.

We should have a good ol fashioned witch hunt where everybody just submits names of anyone they want banned. Mob justice FTW.

wanna bet the first nominee is someone whose name starts with 'r' and has seven letters


I thought it was b and 9?
I'll call Nada.
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
January 04 2009 11:42 GMT
#96
Lately i feel there is too much aggressive cynism around.
People try to rip apart topics with lame jokes or attack others in such a disrespectful fashion that i jump pages sometimes. Respect your fellow readers, and stop jumping on someone just because he might be wrong.

Next is how some people talk about some players / teams. Words like "retarded" and "faggot" used to describe a player are completely unnecessary. Be angry, be dissapointed but keep your shit togheter. It's so cumbersome to read these comments just because someone thinks he's lewis black. It's ok and great to have an opinion, but you're posting in a surrounding with lot's of small fanbases where people discuss styles, players and teams. It should be as much their little place to enjoy the game / scene as it is yours.
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
January 04 2009 11:44 GMT
#97
On January 04 2009 20:12 lololol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2009 07:51 ahrara_ wrote:
On January 04 2009 07:21 Luddite wrote:
On January 04 2009 05:25 AdamBanks wrote:
Ugh another one of these purges. These things do little to improve the quality of posting here rather it just turns into finger pointing, name calling and then temp bans. Its good that you are trying to improve post quality, but your method (or lack thereof) has not the effects you desire and quiet possibily detracts from the quality of disscussion on the forum.

We should have a good ol fashioned witch hunt where everybody just submits names of anyone they want banned. Mob justice FTW.

wanna bet the first nominee is someone whose name starts with 'r' and has seven letters


I thought it was b and 9?


bulgarian?
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
January 04 2009 11:47 GMT
#98
rofl
I love the X17 style replies from dutch. Ridiculous.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
b_unnies
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
3579 Posts
January 04 2009 11:51 GMT
#99
I can hear you mods, but I can't see you.
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
January 04 2009 12:14 GMT
#100
wow

I just described GearitUP as a person that can never concede an argument, even when a shitload of people disagree with him, and the only person agreeing is a 2 times previously banned user.

Then he does that shit lol.
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 219
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4548
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu396
Other Games
Grubby2317
Beastyqt726
FrodaN715
KnowMe217
Livibee140
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 16
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 26m
Patches Events
21h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.