• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:35
CEST 12:35
KST 19:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8313 users

Forum Improvement - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 03 2009 20:13 GMT
#21
I agree with you, Gear. The real problem is that all the old-timers have become douchebags.

I mean, just look at RaGe's post.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7086 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-03 20:18:07
January 03 2009 20:17 GMT
#22
On January 04 2009 05:13 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I agree with you, Gear. The real problem is that all the old-timers have become douchebags.

I mean, just look at RaGe's post.

RaGe could've written an essay on the topic but really, the whole thing came clear in a few words. Expressing your opinion should not require walls of text unless of course the situation calls for it.

You really can't deny it sounding arrogant as hell either.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
January 03 2009 20:17 GMT
#23
On January 04 2009 05:13 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I agree with you, Gear. The real problem is that all the old-timers have become douchebags.

I mean, just look at RaGe's post.



summation : You're right, rage is a doucebag.

thank you for your individual effort.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
January 03 2009 20:21 GMT
#24
Further derailment of this thread will be met with swift justice.
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
January 03 2009 20:21 GMT
#25
Understood Mani!
I'll try even harder now by posting and contribute more! :O
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
January 03 2009 20:22 GMT
#26
clazziquai's country picks 08
*shudder*
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
AdamBanks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada996 Posts
January 03 2009 20:25 GMT
#27
Ugh another one of these purges. These things do little to improve the quality of posting here rather it just turns into finger pointing, name calling and then temp bans. Its good that you are trying to improve post quality, but your method (or lack thereof) has not the effects you desire and quiet possibily detracts from the quality of disscussion on the forum.
I wrote a song once.
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
January 03 2009 20:31 GMT
#28
On January 04 2009 05:22 MYM.Testie wrote:
clazziquai's country picks 08
*shudder*


LOLOLOL
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 03 2009 20:32 GMT
#29
On January 04 2009 05:25 AdamBanks wrote:
Ugh another one of these purges. These things do little to improve the quality of posting here rather it just turns into finger pointing, name calling and then temp bans. Its good that you are trying to improve post quality, but your method (or lack thereof) has not the effects you desire and quiet possibily detracts from the quality of disscussion on the forum.


The Stategy forum purge did a damn good job.

So did the Purge of '08. While these threads can turn into somewhat of a shitstorm, I think the overall forum quality tends to increase.

RIP Aaliyah
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
January 03 2009 20:34 GMT
#30
The people complaining the most are probably the ones who are most at risk (not just in this thread but in general). The problem isn't with how strict tl is; it's with how consistent it is. I think if tl staff agrees to make an effort to be consistent in how they lay down the law here
(which I think they have been doing lately), then it's more than reasonable for them to expect everybody to apply a bit of self-reflection, and maintain a good level of posting quality.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
January 03 2009 20:39 GMT
#31
On January 04 2009 05:13 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I agree with you, Gear. The real problem is that all the old-timers have become douchebags.

I mean, just look at RaGe's post.


DING DING DING.

AdamBanks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada996 Posts
January 03 2009 20:40 GMT
#32
On January 04 2009 05:32 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2009 05:25 AdamBanks wrote:
Ugh another one of these purges. These things do little to improve the quality of posting here rather it just turns into finger pointing, name calling and then temp bans. Its good that you are trying to improve post quality, but your method (or lack thereof) has not the effects you desire and quiet possibily detracts from the quality of disscussion on the forum.


The Stategy forum purge did a damn good job.

So did the Purge of '08. While these threads can turn into somewhat of a shitstorm, I think the overall forum quality tends to increase.




Now that you mention it, the strategy forum did go from 0 - 100 but i think that was a special case. I just find these threads redundant and are just ban bait for some newb to speak there mind to someone with a pile of post's even tho both may have a point in their respective argruements.


Anyway, maybe i'm wrong and this thread will keep me from having to wonder if you sit or stand when you wipe.
I wrote a song once.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
January 03 2009 20:51 GMT
#33
Rage's response was a perfectly correct one to some nobody with no idea what tl is or how it works telling everyone else how it should be run. When I read his post I thought the same as Rage, I just don't quite have the necessary cynicism to stop bothering explaining to self righteous idiots that they're idiots. It's a fault.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
January 03 2009 21:00 GMT
#34
On January 04 2009 05:13 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I agree with you, Gear. The real problem is that all the old-timers have become douchebags.

I mean, just look at RaGe's post.

...

I have read a shitload of GearItUp posts and 99% of them were terrible. Then, as one of the worst low post count users he starts giving us shit for giving veterans some more credit?
Not to mention the way in which he did it..

(this is in reply to GearItUp

The small advantages that we give to veteran users are advantages they earned. And while sometimes it may be a bit unfair, I often get the feeling that a lot of previously permbanned users and warned/tempbanned users use it as an excuse. "If I had more posts I wouldn't have been banned for that." or "There are forum regulars that post worse than me." are the worst excuses I personally can imagine for bad posting behaviour.

First of all, low post count or high post count, before a ban a mod will ALWAYS look at your post history. If you don't contribute at all, badmouth other people don't blame TLs moderating system. Blame yourself. I'm 100% convinced that every single person on this planet could post actively on TL and not get banned, as long as he puts effort, thought and respect into his posts. We never ban based off personality (with LastShadow etc being obvious exceptions).

Secondly, as previously mentioned, while this slight advantage giving to veterans might be a bit unfair compared to other forum moderating systems, it definately churns out the best forum quality. Doesn't seniority always play a role in every active community? Otherwise it's really hard to moderate and/or maintain a quality standard in the forums.

Also, I would like to react to your 'Customer Is King' argument. Who the fuck do you think you are, GearItUp ? 'Im a new poster, I make you guys money, serve me bitches' is basically the aura that came off of your posts. Every single active staff member of TeamLiquid gives a lot to the TL community without getting any kind of money out of it. No, we do it cause we like the community and it's high standards. Your argument says that we should "adapt to the customer's needs". I think that a staff filled with people that are committed to the community are allowed to demand a good post quality from that community. They are allowed to determine what defines a good post and what defines a bad post.

Now, I'm not asking you to bow humbly for all staff members, but the least you could show some respect to the set of rules they defined, the set of rules that made this website have a high quality community for so many years. You're new around here, and while it would indeed be unfair of me to judge you based on your joining date/post count, you should realize that you're 1. too new and mostly 2. too much of a HORRIBLE poster to fully understand how TL works, let alone redefine our standards.

I doubt you're even gonna read this. You're probably just gonna cry over the ban you've just been given, whine that it's all because you're a low post count user, and never change your arrogant attitude.
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
January 03 2009 21:02 GMT
#35
I would just like to take this threadspace to show my appreciation to the mods. Don't listen to the ones that don't understand why you do what you do to keep this forum so bad ass.

Keep up the good work guys... I don't think I've ever been part of a forum that was run so well. As always I'll be avoiding making wasteful posts. Hopefully everyone else will to and we can all make this a better place.

Just felt the need to put in my 2cts after all the hatin'
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
January 03 2009 21:05 GMT
#36
ok here's my take on it

What's the problem?

75% of the forums in general (and in other forums, although there are much less there) turn into shitstorms of insulting and people eventually getting banned. And we get random, overall shitty threads that usually get closed as soon as a mod sees it. Don't think the mods should just moderate more strictly, because most of the posts I see aren't worth a banning, just a warning or something of the sort.

Huh? What's wrong with this?

Well, the shitstorm is definitely not a way to encourage new users to post here. I joined teamliquid 9 months ago, and lurked for about 3-4 months before I made an account. At first I was posting in the general forum, but that has gradually decreased as the number of random arguments ensuing mass insulting has increased. As for the random, shitty threads, just look at the /b/ board of 4chan. Most people don't like that.

Well? What should we do?

Well, looking at the general threads, most of the shitstorms start with a difference in opinion, in which one person will begin to insult someone who's opinion differs from theirs. Arguments in the general forum are unavoidable, and there is no reason to stop them, they give out good info to people who read it, along with different viewpoint on the issues. But, please don't use anything insulting in your retort, just say something along the lines of "I disagree, and here's why/my point _______." In the general forum we see people insulting each other nonstop. I want the flaming/trolling to stop.

But dis n00b is dumb lolololol, can i flame plz???//

No, let the mods deal with posts that are obviously against the commandments. Do not reply to them.

Should I make this thread? Or will it get closed?

I just request that you really think before you make a new thread or post. Just use common sense on whether you think it will be closed, and whether it is an overall acceptable thread.

Key Points
  • The improvement of the forums is in your hands as a poster, the moderators can only do so much.
  • Respect people's opinions, don't insult them for it.
  • If someone's post is inappropriate for teamliquid, or violates the commandments, etc, just ignore it and let the mods deal with it.
  • THINK BEFORE YOU POST.
UNFUCK YOURSELF
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
January 03 2009 21:05 GMT
#37
It's not like forum veterans have complete carte blanche; many 1000+ post accounts have been banned before.

I don't see this so much as a Red Scare as a much-needed restoration of order.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-03 21:12:04
January 03 2009 21:07 GMT
#38
I've always felt that TL has *excellent* forums. Maybe I haven't been here long enough (lurked for a short time and then created an account), to really judge, but to me it seems that TL in general excels in the forums department. However, as with any forums, you will see the bad apples that are usually just bored children who come to more or less pollute the community. Sometimes I will post things that may not 'contribute' anything (this post maybe), but still aren't completely irrelevant. Flame fests are something that plague almost every community, and the only solution is the exact topic of this thread.

I don't exactly think everyone has the same idea of a "good post", but I guess that it's going to be the moderators job to decide that. Anyone who has ever been a part of any forum basically has to accept that before they even begin posting. I've never seen a thread get closed on TL that I didn't think warranted it. And I commend the moderators for that.

Anyway, always glad to hear that the administrators are going to make more of an effort to ensure quality on the forums. Not saying it's needed, but always good to hear that people are on top of that. I come from a place where the forums are absolutely mind-boggling. Not in a good way, either. Everyone who complains about TL's forums needs to take a look at a lot of other forums. cough cough.

Where else can you really connect with fellow pro SC fans on this level? Riddle me that.
Chains none
sith
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2474 Posts
January 03 2009 21:08 GMT
#39
Though I read this forum a lot more than I post, I do enjoy the moderation policies. I can hardly think of a thread where i've been reading and said "shit, he should have gotten a ban that was really rude", and there wasn't any action taken. It can get a bit heated in some of the more in depth discussions (politics/morals threads), but that happens everywhere.

And I don't see what the problem is being harder on new people? Your first hundred posts (though mine where less than stellar) are a good indication of your attitude for the rest of your time here, and it's not a problem to make judgments based on the fact that you have only 75 posts and 20 of them are outright flames. Meanwhile we would have older members making the same kinds of posts, but it's let slide sometimes because their overall % of good/bad posts is a lot better than the 75/20 of the new member. It has less to do with favoritism and a lot more to do with a large % of someones posts being shitty.
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-03 21:11:47
January 03 2009 21:11 GMT
#40
Whoops, double post. Don't know how that happened. :\
Chains none
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs AzuraLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings101
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
SHIN 36
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 256
ByuN 202
mouzHeroMarine 36
SHIN 36
MindelVK 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35342
Calm 10036
Rain 3065
soO 826
BeSt 645
FanTaSy 601
Stork 450
Bisu 362
Soulkey 332
Soma 321
[ Show more ]
Rush 256
firebathero 240
Barracks 110
Last 100
Mind 65
Pusan 60
Shinee 50
Light 43
Sexy 36
ToSsGirL 34
Killer 31
Snow 28
Sharp 26
hero 23
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 21
Shine 18
sorry 17
Sacsri 15
Trap 15
yabsab 15
Hm[arnc] 14
zelot 12
Noble 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5843
League of Legends
Reynor35
Counter-Strike
byalli416
x6flipin0
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Other Games
gofns36109
singsing2022
Pyrionflax241
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Dystopia_ 1
• Gemini_19 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV340
League of Legends
• Jankos3100
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 25m
OSC
12h 25m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.