• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8528 users

[P]Which Grip type are you? - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 21 2008 00:57 GMT
#101
On November 20 2008 20:47 floor exercise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2008 09:33 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On November 20 2008 09:30 IzzyCraft wrote:
On November 20 2008 09:23 CharlieMurphy wrote:
cool, they actually have these. I need one, but I don't wanna pay 20 bucks lol http://www.razerzone.com/p-88-razer-armadillo-mouse-cable-management-system.aspx

What ITS CALLED TAPE YO lol

Doesn't stay and it gums up the desk. I actually drilled a screw in the corner of my desk and I wrapped the cord around it with rubber bands, worked great. (but I broke the screw off on accident)

So you don't wanna mark your desk with tape which you can clean off with alcohol, but instead opt to drill holes into it


And yea, the tape wears off and you have to keep retaping it over and cleaning again and again. So I drilled a little screw in the very corner of the desk for a permanent solution.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
November 21 2008 01:03 GMT
#102
fingertip

just feels natural I dont really care about moving the mouse that fast
ZidaneTribal
Profile Joined September 2007
United States2800 Posts
November 21 2008 01:14 GMT
#103
CLAW GRIP and my wrist gets sore pretty easily (5-6 games straight)
fuck lag
aRes_fuRy
Profile Joined September 2008
United States7 Posts
November 21 2008 02:06 GMT
#104
For those of you who say that the way Razer represents the claw arch, it is uncomfortable for most people. I would say 95% of people aren't comfortable with doing it. Although it is natural for me to curve my fingers like that. For example, when I used to play Halo 2 competitively, I used the controller claw(and still do if i play on a console): Its when you move your index finger on top of the A B X Y buttons and your Middle finger on the trigger. http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/32997/
Another example is when I used to be into pen spinning(still do it to pass time) I used to curl my index finger in when using other fingers:
Watch the first combo


Also I use a fairly large mouse (Microsoft Optical Blue, same size as the silver one in the picture)
[image loading]


If you are looking for a mice more comfortable with your style, I suggest you go here: http://forums.purepwnage.com/index.php?showtopic=72494
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
November 26 2008 03:31 GMT
#105
On November 20 2008 09:26 KizZBG wrote:
lol I thought this thread was gonna be about wanking...

"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
November 26 2008 03:32 GMT
#106
My mouse is to small for anything other than fingertip grip.
Deleted User 31996
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
843 Posts
November 26 2008 03:44 GMT
#107
Razer try way too hard.

Just put your hand on the fucking mouse and use it. This data is made to look all scientific and all this rubbish to give idiot gamers a false impression that this company has done adequate 'research' into the field of 'progaming'.

It won't make you a better player, watching replays and studying BO's and playing 24/7 will.


Fuck.


zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
November 26 2008 04:13 GMT
#108
i do fingertip, and i have the mouse that's in the middle of that picture, the g1 and it works well.
Not_Computer
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada2277 Posts
November 26 2008 05:06 GMT
#109
fingertip, i find it's best suitable for most computer games
"Jaedong hyung better be ready. I'm going to order the most expensive dinner in Korea."
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
November 26 2008 13:15 GMT
#110
Claw grip. Never really thought about it, but that's what it seems like Im using.
Happiest man on earth
OwlFeet
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
75 Posts
July 02 2009 23:48 GMT
#111
Sorry to bump. Just wondering whether anyone uses index on button 1, middle on scroll/wheel, and ring finger on button 2 rather than the 2 finger V shown in the razor guide?

And does anyone has any thoughts on the 3 finger grip compared to the V grip?

Thanks
PistolStar
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada9 Posts
July 03 2009 01:05 GMT
#112
Combo grip

All of the advantages, none of the disadvantages.
The Pistol Star is one of the most luminous known stars in the Milky Way Galaxy. It is one of many massive young stars in the Quintuplet cluster in the Galactic Center region.
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
July 03 2009 01:19 GMT
#113
On July 03 2009 08:48 OwlFeet wrote:
Sorry to bump. Just wondering whether anyone uses index on button 1, middle on scroll/wheel, and ring finger on button 2 rather than the 2 finger V shown in the razor guide?

And does anyone has any thoughts on the 3 finger grip compared to the V grip?

Thanks

I have my middle resting on both the scroll wheel and the right button. I just push/pull it to scroll and can still click at any time. The only downside is that it's hard to click the scroll wheel, but that's actually a plus for me because I hate accidentally clicking the scroll wheel.

(fingertip grip)
LibertyTerran
Profile Joined July 2004
Vietnam711 Posts
July 03 2009 01:25 GMT
#114
Deathadder - Palm grip.
if it aint broke, dont fix it
ShaperofDreams
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2492 Posts
July 03 2009 01:28 GMT
#115
I use finger grip due to my use of a crappy small mouse. Besides I'm also into art and music and both of those are finger stuff so I suppose it makes sense. I do have "precise" mouse movements and I also get tired pretty quick.
Bitches don't know about my overlord. FUCK OFF ALDARIS I HAVE ENOUGH PYLONS. My Balls are as smooth as Eggs.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
July 03 2009 02:17 GMT
#116
I trust and trained my first 2 fingers, but I think if I got used to it the ring finger method that owlfeet uses would be fine with me. I think that's how I approached a mouse with a wheel when I first saw one.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
July 03 2009 02:27 GMT
#117
I do a palm grip with a Logitech Optical.
armed_
Profile Joined November 2008
Canada443 Posts
July 03 2009 02:29 GMT
#118
On July 03 2009 08:48 OwlFeet wrote:
Sorry to bump. Just wondering whether anyone uses index on button 1, middle on scroll/wheel, and ring finger on button 2 rather than the 2 finger V shown in the razor guide?

And does anyone has any thoughts on the 3 finger grip compared to the V grip?

Thanks

If I'm playing something like SC where right mouse is used very often I keep my middle finger on it(moving it to mousewheel if necessary); I'm just more comfortable with it. But for general usage or FPS where I'll just have right mouse bound to something minor like scope and I use mousewheel constantly I do what you're describing.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
July 03 2009 02:47 GMT
#119
I do 3 finger because my middle finger doesn't respond that well. So yeah, I use the 3 finger formation.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
FaTe)SoL
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada110 Posts
July 03 2009 03:17 GMT
#120
On November 21 2008 09:57 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2008 20:47 floor exercise wrote:
On November 20 2008 09:33 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On November 20 2008 09:30 IzzyCraft wrote:
On November 20 2008 09:23 CharlieMurphy wrote:
cool, they actually have these. I need one, but I don't wanna pay 20 bucks lol http://www.razerzone.com/p-88-razer-armadillo-mouse-cable-management-system.aspx

What ITS CALLED TAPE YO lol

Doesn't stay and it gums up the desk. I actually drilled a screw in the corner of my desk and I wrapped the cord around it with rubber bands, worked great. (but I broke the screw off on accident)

So you don't wanna mark your desk with tape which you can clean off with alcohol, but instead opt to drill holes into it


And yea, the tape wears off and you have to keep retaping it over and cleaning again and again. So I drilled a little screw in the very corner of the desk for a permanent solution.


I have mine wrapped around my alarm clock
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity but, why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 170
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 571
IndyStarCraft 165
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25874
Shuttle 1247
Hyuk 709
Mini 454
firebathero 188
hero 91
Sexy 78
Mong 54
Liquid`Ret 49
Killer 45
[ Show more ]
Trap 42
Hyun 41
ggaemo 36
PianO 30
ToSsGirL 24
zelot 16
Rock 15
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10674
qojqva1704
Dendi1021
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1396
crisheroes1232
Liquid`Hasu663
Other Games
FrodaN1911
singsing1829
fl0m1577
Beastyqt689
Mlord480
Hui .262
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX158
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe138
Mew2King54
Trikslyr37
CosmosSc2 15
ToD6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• mYiSmile126
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8363
Other Games
• Shiphtur304
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 8m
INu's Battles
19h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.