• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8528 users

[P]Which Grip type are you? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
November 20 2008 07:17 GMT
#81
Aha! I did a search and found the old mouse I used to use:

http://www.amazon.com/IBM-06P4069-Optical-Scroll-Mouse/dp/B00009YUPY/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_c

I shall be a claw grip once again! Soon! When I get mail!
♞
Angel144000
Profile Joined November 2008
China9 Posts
November 20 2008 08:02 GMT
#82
Palm Grip... Warcraft III FTW ^___^
Not all is lost after Hope dwinddles, for beyond hope, there is always, Endurance...
KrAzYfoOL
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Australia3037 Posts
November 20 2008 08:03 GMT
#83
On November 20 2008 12:46 DrainX wrote:
Anyone who has ever used this pearl is probably a fingertip person

[image loading]


Best shaped mouse ever

looks like the worst shaped mouse ever.
It's better to burn out than to fade away
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
November 20 2008 08:13 GMT
#84

Is it because you use a track pad?
nope. secret technique.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
November 20 2008 08:36 GMT
#85
when i read the options i thought i was clearly a palm user.

but then when i read the comments about having to 'move your forearm/palm' to move the mouse i was very confused. why would anyone use the mouse in such a way that they'd have to move their palm? that's stupid.when i read the options i thought i was clearly a palm user.

but then when i read the comments about having to 'move your forearm/palm' to move the mouse i was very confused. why would anyone use the mouse in such a way that they'd have to move their palm? that's stupid.

so then i actually watched my hand as i moved the mouse around the screen and realized that since my palm stays in one place and i only move it with my fingertips that it would make me infact not a palm user.

so i'm just like the majority - somewhere in between fingertip and claw. i'd say the right side of my hand more acts like my 'palm' as i tilt the mouse slightly to the left and the right side is in contact with the mouse about 50% of the time.

so then i actually watched my hand as i moved the mouse around the screen and realized that since my palm stays in one place and i only move it with my fingertips that it would make me infact not a palm user.

so i'm just like the majority - somewhere in between fingertip and claw. i'd say the right side of my hand more acts like my 'palm' as i tilt the mouse slightly to the left; the right side is in contact with the mouse about 50% of the time.
Happiness only real when shared.
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
November 20 2008 11:06 GMT
#86
This is pretty interesting.

I use a claw grip but never knew I did. Kinda interesting that almost 50% so far uses fingertip.
._.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
November 20 2008 11:47 GMT
#87
On November 20 2008 09:33 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2008 09:30 IzzyCraft wrote:
On November 20 2008 09:23 CharlieMurphy wrote:
cool, they actually have these. I need one, but I don't wanna pay 20 bucks lol http://www.razerzone.com/p-88-razer-armadillo-mouse-cable-management-system.aspx

What ITS CALLED TAPE YO lol

Doesn't stay and it gums up the desk. I actually drilled a screw in the corner of my desk and I wrapped the cord around it with rubber bands, worked great. (but I broke the screw off on accident)

So you don't wanna mark your desk with tape which you can clean off with alcohol, but instead opt to drill holes into it
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-20 12:54:31
November 20 2008 12:50 GMT
#88
Claw / Fingertipps.. depending on Mousesize :p.

My Hands are big, I can't even use *palm* on normal mouses because my Finger overlap by a huge amount if I try.


I stopped buying gaming mouses some time ago... I know just buy light and small ones from Logitech. Much better than the often monstrous gaming mouses (I liked them also but I was even slower than I already am, I never was that fast but very exact so I don't need to fortify my slowness by handling a big/heavy mouse ^^)...


Got this one at the moment and it's the best mouse i had in a long time:
[image loading]
but with cord.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
November 20 2008 12:54 GMT
#89
When I used to use a mouse, I switched between palm and fingertips.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
November 20 2008 13:15 GMT
#90
im a claw type.

but i think thats because i got a copperhead and you can't really have another grip type with it lol
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
ToT)OjKa(
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)2437 Posts
November 20 2008 14:43 GMT
#91
fingertips yo
OjKa OjKa OjKa!
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
November 20 2008 20:25 GMT
#92
On November 20 2008 15:19 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2008 10:55 jwd241224 wrote:
On November 20 2008 09:12 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
When browsing the internet, I use palm grip. When playing an FPS I use fingertip. If I'm doing some random speed test mouse game I use claw.


When watching porn, I fingertip with my right and palm with my left.


Opposite for me. It's hard using a right handed mouse with your left hand.

I hope you are a girl or you masturbate in a very painful way...
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
November 20 2008 20:40 GMT
#93
I thought this thread something totally different all together. However, I am a fingertip gripper.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
November 20 2008 20:43 GMT
#94
On November 21 2008 05:40 tonight wrote:
I thought this thread something totally different all together. However, I am a fingertip gripper.


lol. in the former case, im a left hand strangler.
Happiness only real when shared.
ZeeTemplar
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States557 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-20 20:43:41
November 20 2008 20:43 GMT
#95
[image loading]


best mouse ever
Jangbi storms!!!
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
November 20 2008 20:59 GMT
#96
LOL. What does that big red button do?
Gunman_csz
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United Arab Emirates492 Posts
November 20 2008 21:09 GMT
#97
Finger while rts, claw when fps. cant play with palm at all.
Began Starcraft journey on 5th May 2009
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
November 20 2008 21:12 GMT
#98
On November 21 2008 05:59 Racenilatr wrote:
LOL. What does that big red button do?


It's a trackball. Welcome to computers.

Ontopic: I'm claw grip hybrid... I change my grip unconsciously during the game, and whether it's a fps or rts.
Graphics
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
November 20 2008 21:19 GMT
#99
Go trackball the upside down mouse =p good for doing work thou not really intuative
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 21 2008 00:51 GMT
#100
On November 20 2008 12:28 Avidkeystamper wrote:
I have a really tiny penis ~4-5 inches long so I use fingertip.


lol, sorry couldn't help it.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 170
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 571
IndyStarCraft 165
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25874
Shuttle 1247
Hyuk 709
Mini 454
firebathero 188
hero 91
Sexy 78
Mong 54
Liquid`Ret 49
Killer 45
[ Show more ]
Trap 42
Hyun 41
ggaemo 36
PianO 30
ToSsGirL 24
zelot 16
Rock 15
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10674
qojqva1704
Dendi1021
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1396
crisheroes1232
Liquid`Hasu663
Other Games
FrodaN1911
singsing1829
fl0m1577
Beastyqt689
Mlord480
Hui .262
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX158
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe138
Mew2King54
Trikslyr37
CosmosSc2 15
ToD6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• mYiSmile126
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8363
Other Games
• Shiphtur304
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 8m
INu's Battles
19h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.