• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8528 users

[P]Which Grip type are you? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
RamenStyle
Profile Joined September 2004
United States1929 Posts
November 20 2008 01:51 GMT
#41
I used to be a palm grip but when I started playing bw I instinctively transitioned to fingertip grip and even after I stopped playing I use fingertip grip always. I can't even try palm grip, it annoys me.
Cube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada777 Posts
November 20 2008 01:52 GMT
#42
I think i use the claw grip with my fingers arched slightly less (i use a razer krait)
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
November 20 2008 01:52 GMT
#43
fingertip ftw.
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
November 20 2008 01:55 GMT
#44
On November 20 2008 09:12 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
When browsing the internet, I use palm grip. When playing an FPS I use fingertip. If I'm doing some random speed test mouse game I use claw.


When watching porn, I fingertip with my right and palm with my left.
✌
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
November 20 2008 01:59 GMT
#45
I'm a fingertip guy :p
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
November 20 2008 02:01 GMT
#46
I was just thinking about this today. I use palm grip but I was thinking of changing either my grip or my mouse because my hands are big. Too bad the comments on the razer site don't help at all.
Fingertip:
"Since I have huge hands, this is the only comfortable way to hold the mouse for me. I use medium sense in Windows and in shooters; about 20cm for a 360° turn."

“I hold the mouse with the tips of my fingers. I have tiny hands and I guess it’s easier to grip the mouse this way.”

Does anyone use their middle finger for mousewheel and ring finger for right mouse button? I was thinking of trying it out but even with my logitech mouse my middle finger is way too long.
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
November 20 2008 02:03 GMT
#47
On November 20 2008 10:52 Cube wrote:
I think i use the claw grip with my fingers arched slightly less (i use a razer krait)

Same, and my mouse is the diamondback
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
MaZza[KIS]
Profile Joined December 2005
Australia2110 Posts
November 20 2008 02:26 GMT
#48
fingertip

for example, I use a mouse at work that rests on the table. Most co-workers can't use it because the table is too reflective and their normal method of "mouse movement" makes it uncomfortable. However, with my fingertip control I can compensate for any inaccuracies caused by the table surface reflecting and I have NO PROBLEMS! It's very... dynamic...

SC has made me uber pro at mouse control.. how does this reflect on my sex life? Poorly...

I really wanted a bigger opponent, like Nate Marquardt, or King Neptune, or Zeus, or Zeus and Fedor, or Fedor on Zeus's shoulders, and they can both punch but only Zeus can kick.
CompX
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada216 Posts
November 20 2008 02:27 GMT
#49
other I guess, I tilt my mouse a bit to my right side to have a better right-click in sc
man, I am tiny the stone GIANT!! ┌██┘
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 20 2008 02:31 GMT
#50
definitely a claw user
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
prOxi.swAMi
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Australia3091 Posts
November 20 2008 02:35 GMT
#51
Claw. With Logitech G3.
Oh no
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
November 20 2008 02:37 GMT
#52
Fingertip Fatigue and learning curve for better precision and agility? No brainer.
Xiberia
Profile Joined September 2007
Sweden634 Posts
November 20 2008 02:40 GMT
#53
Claw. Never really thought about it, it just felt natural.
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
November 20 2008 02:41 GMT
#54
Probably a hybrid between palm and claw. I do have big hands, but then again, I also have a big mouse. So it kinda mixes between.
poasiodss
Profile Joined April 2007
United States63 Posts
November 20 2008 02:58 GMT
#55
I had fingergrip when I used to use rodent mouse. I've switched to trackball mouse and it resembles clawgrip more.
ilovehnk
Profile Joined October 2008
475 Posts
November 20 2008 03:08 GMT
#56
for 1 second i thought you are talking about lifting weights...
Hikou Shinketsushuu
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
November 20 2008 03:11 GMT
#57
On November 20 2008 09:28 x89titan wrote:
i use the mx518. palm grip ftw. i want a razer deathadder tho.


same mouse but fingertip here!
i actually had to check.. it just seems natural to hang like that, palm restricts too much movement and claw is gonna tire out your fingers no? keeping them up like that..
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
November 20 2008 03:18 GMT
#58
I can assuredly state that i use none of these grips.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
November 20 2008 03:28 GMT
#59
I have a really tiny mouse ~4-5 inches long so I use fingertip.
Jaedong
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
November 20 2008 03:31 GMT
#60

With the fingertip grip, users will experience the most amount of hand fatigue as there are now only five points of contact with the mouse, and the user will be required to use more effort in controlling the stability and precise movements of the mouse.

The fingertip grip also requires the highest learning curve for most users, as the exaggerated arched fingers and increased amount of control over the mouse needs to be practiced.

These are some interesting claims..
I don't find fingertip grip fatiguing at all. o.O
Plus, it's what I thought was the most natural way to grip a mouse as soon as I started playing games.
Official Entusman #21
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 165
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 571
IndyStarCraft 165
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25874
Shuttle 1247
Hyuk 709
Mini 454
firebathero 188
hero 91
Sexy 78
Mong 54
Liquid`Ret 49
Killer 45
[ Show more ]
Trap 42
Hyun 41
ggaemo 36
PianO 30
ToSsGirL 24
zelot 16
Rock 15
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10674
qojqva1704
Dendi1021
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1396
crisheroes1232
Liquid`Hasu663
Other Games
FrodaN1911
singsing1829
fl0m1577
Beastyqt689
Mlord480
Hui .262
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX158
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe138
Mew2King54
Trikslyr37
CosmosSc2 15
ToD6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• mYiSmile126
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8363
Other Games
• Shiphtur304
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 9m
INu's Battles
19h 9m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 9m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.